Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Preparations / Advice (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The funny things one can't do without (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4408)

tandiwe 10-06-2008 05:38 PM

The funny things one can't do without

Hello all,

Just wanted to know about the odd things that people find themselves stocking up on aside from food water etc.

A bit of fun ahead of Oct 7th may be inappropriate, but I just wanted to share that I found myself buying three months supply of hair colou, shampoo (3 for 2) and leg wax yesterday! It might be the greater depression but at least for the start of it I wont have roots.

Also I am having my favourite dinner tonight, roast chicken, green beans and gravy.

Going out later to fill up on fuel.

Good luck to everyone!

xt

Sarahmay 10-06-2008 05:40 PM

Re: The funny things one can't do without

Yep.

It's the end of the world as we know it, but I look fine!

Jenny 10-06-2008 05:41 PM

Don't forget hairpins!:mfr_lol:

ifeelthefear 10-06-2008 05:47 PM

Don't forget the can opener!!!!!!!

ifeelthefear 10-06-2008 05:48 PM

Don't forget the can opener!!!

funny but serious..

Jenny 10-06-2008 05:49 PM

Re: Don't forget the can opener!!!

Jenny

371 10-06-2008 09:51 PM

Re: Don't forget the can opener!!!

I really hope youre joking... of course you are.

Anyway- yeah, CAN OPENER!! in fact a couple of them for spares... ever try to open a can without one? I remember when I was a teenager and we hiked way up in the woods and that night we realized we couldn't open our cans and the little canopener on the utility knife broke... then destroyed the knife blade sawing through the side. stupid.

Fact is, the vast majority of things you think we can't live without- you'll give them up in a minute for some food if you're hungry enough.

zuni 10-06-2008 09:53 PM

scary joke ....

doodlebug 10-06-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tandiwe (Post 40808)
Hello all,

Just wanted to know about the odd things that people find themselves stocking up on aside from food water etc.

xt

Let's just say I won't run out of denture adhesive any time soon :roll1:

Brinty 10-06-2008 10:13 PM

On not forgetting the can opener . . . .

The two of us were spending our first night together away from parental control. We were in a tent in our back yard - my sister and I, with a candle, a small gas cooker, a couple of mugs and a can of Nestles coffee and milk. But we soon found we didn't have a can opener.

We just sat and looked at that can and wished we'd remembered to bring an opener. But there was no way we were going to go back to the house and admit we'd goofed.

Imagine our chagrin when next morning we discovered that the label on the can was upside down and the can actually had a ring pull thingy for easy opening.

The moral? Look at everything from every angle before deciding to make the wrong decision. Once you've satisfied yourself that you have all the correct information, then you have the right to make the wrong decision, Lets face it, politicians are doing that all the time.:lmfao:

doodlebug 10-06-2008 10:16 PM

That was better than an Aesop fable!!! :roftl:

mel 10-06-2008 10:22 PM

Im with you, wish I hadnt paid the rent! LOL, what about the vodka?! PEACE X

pineal-pilot-in merkabah 10-06-2008 10:27 PM

HP sauce.. marmite.. do tea bags count?? im sure tea isnt good for the pineal but i could be wrong?? im off out to get food tomorow.. im thinking they may declare a bank holiday at teh end of tomorows trading.. dropped 7% in like 30 mins pof opening today.. i was watching in real time with my friend from south africa online and we were like wow its in freefall. if it get to 10% in one day they are gonna shut it down.. wonder wha the event is 7th???

ChooseYourLifeNow 10-06-2008 10:28 PM

A thought came to mind today....Condoms. Yes, you may want to stock up.

eurosceptic 10-06-2008 10:30 PM

I am weighing up the real possibilites that after 10 days I may begin to smell like a goat farm......:biggrin2:can I sacrifice personal hygeine products for saftey love and food - OH YEA!!! The travelling communites of England taught me that!!!:mfr_lol:

tandiwe 10-06-2008 10:35 PM

I did buy soap, but i forgot deodrant, so I'll be a bit smelly too! Never mind, its one way to keep the looters away!

Vodka is a very good idea, plus mixers of course.

zorgon 10-06-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tandiwe (Post 41172)
I did buy soap, but i forgot deodrant, so I'll be a bit smelly too! Never mind, its one way to keep the looters away!

Vodka is a very good idea, plus mixers of course.

Actually body odor if you are forced to live in the bush for a while is not a problem. Once the toxins from modern food leave your system your body will compensate...

BUT Stock up on toilet paper !!! I am willing to bet none of you on here would know how to cope without that

:tongue2:

Jenny 10-06-2008 10:59 PM

I would but I will not tell you How. That would be to graphic.

Jenny

tandiwe 10-06-2008 11:06 PM

Fascinated ... how do you do without toilet paper, in the most delicate terms??????

And Zorgon, that's actually true, I fasted for 11 days and didn't need deoderant for at least six months afterwards. I started drinking caffeinated coffee and I noticed I started to get BO again. I stopped it and the odour stopped!

Shechaiyah 10-06-2008 11:10 PM

You guys do what you want; I'm not in emergency mode yet because I don't know whether I'll have to be mobile or stationary.

That's the very first thing to think about: mobilize OR stock up.

But you can't do both.

Shech--

Suriel 10-06-2008 11:12 PM

Well here are some things I need:

Underwear, insulin, needles, alcohol swabs, test strips, batteries, food, water, tp, baby wipes, diapers, baby food, milk, vanilla wafers, pudding snacks, baby powder, butter nutters, caffeine, nicotine, tucks wipes, toothpaste, tooth brush, paper towels, sweat pants, t-shirts, dishwashing tablets, laundry detergent, shampoo, soap, trash bags, clorox wipes, bags of pasta, canned goods, dvds, video games, and new socks.

I may have left something out.

:biggrin2:

zuni 10-06-2008 11:17 PM

seeds....seeds...seeds...seeds....and oh yea sprouting seeds !!!!!
peace

eurosceptic 10-06-2008 11:19 PM

SURIEL>>>I know you are a messanger of light and all that BUT......please explain BUTTER NUTTERS!!??:biggrin2:

They translate in a funny way here in Britain!:mfr_lol:

Anyone from Britain Concur??

BUTTER NUTTERS anyone?!?!:lmao:

Would you say Gordon Brown is a butter nutter??:lmfao:

Molly 10-06-2008 11:24 PM

my husband had to stock up on his favorite German pickles.

he eats Vienna sausage and so does the dog, so we stocked up on those...for them to share....:wink2:

Morgan 10-07-2008 03:50 AM

Books.
My piano.
SLIPPERS, the kind that go up your ankle, they're almost like socks but they're slippers.

I can do without beauty products (I already do!), but I would like a pumice stone for my feet :)