Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Camelot General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Food for Thought (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12713)

Truthseeker360 04-01-2009 02:04 PM

Food for Thought

Astralwalker touched this subject before only briefly.

With regards to not eating flesh.

But do we expect one man do answer everything or can we together achieve this.

Food for Thought i wish to start this thread,as for some time for me food is a way to show love.

How you ask?,

Ok of course you can pop a pizza in the microwave and ping 5 minutes later tis ready.

Or you can make you own dough use fresh ingredients from your garden even cook in a clay oven for that authentic taste and natural energy.

Lets break that down.

Make your own dough :the connection and satisfaction you get as you need yourself .
Fresh ingrediants Herbs tomatoes (for sauce) olives (for oil,topping) onions etc

A salad to accompany and all from the garden that you culitivated you nutured and spoke to the plants watered and maintained that love transponds through to your body to your soul to your devine light.

Even the cooking process keeping an eye on it turning it checking how crispy not to burn.

The other option do i need speak "YES I DO FOR THIS IS ALSO THIS THREADS PURPOSE"

The micro Pizza

OK bung it in, beep beep, eat, done.

Lets break that down Pizza is created gm?wheat gm tomatoes...you get idea
Who knows what goes in what you eat the new clarity on packaging in uk to improve does little to enlighten.

Let alone the preservatives etc used to freeze products and prolong shelf life.

SO lets discuss gardening,gm,food,recipes for people just starting to be vegetarians,Hydroponics,free energy,fluride,vitamin supplements chem trails anthing else you may think relevante.

I know these subjects have been discussed here on various threads(pls quote relevant) but if we put together what others might not see, in one place it may connect a few dots.

We train our mind our soul now lets give ourselves the strongest foundations and feed the body in the way it was meant to be....

Truthseeker360 04-01-2009 02:24 PM

Re: Food for Thought

Gardening,

Not my strong point i admitt but lets start the ball rolling.

Grow your own veg your own garden no gm no pesticides,i myself at present time do not have a garden but this should not stop me, and does not

ie http://www.greenhousesensation.co.uk...FQu-GgodAkLBvQ

http://www.ideashelper.com/vegetable_grow.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HydroponicsA patio, a window frame, a friends garden or gardens you supply the seeds they nuture and grow you share the proceeds and show them how to use in cooking(recipes etc) and natural preservatives,pickling air tight jars ,you know the way mom or gran used to do.

When we took pride in our national natural gifts from mother earth.

Local produce not shipped from around the world what you can step outside and pick fresh.

Why damage the enviroment when we can encorage her to thrive.

Hey and save money too,your right sounds to good to be true.
Usually thats when things are false.

Ask your heart if this sounds true a way things should be were meant to be.

So people who know and love this subject stand up and post here what you will.

Lets grow together

Truthseeker360 04-01-2009 02:53 PM

Hydroponics

Fast efficient cultivation for larger crops.

Hey have yougot spare room, box cupboard, garage full of junk.?
You have room for hydroponics.

Dr masaru emoto mentions about hydroponics in his books

i googled dr Emoto hydroponics first result took me here

http://www.ourhomeremedies.com/tag/natural-healing/
Page down video Dr emoto we have all probably seen already.

But another angle presented NATURAL REMIDIES from organic grown produce
the organic element alone increases goodness of the plant.

Imagine if hydroponic water was treated as Dr emoto says saying love and gratitude,which is then takin in by plant passed to us full we then in turn do not intake toxins nor do we discreet them back to mother nature a healthy sybiotic cycle 360 degrees full cycle of love togetherness and understanding harmony.......

mudra 04-01-2009 08:19 PM

Fasting:

What is Fasting?
Fasting is a period of abstinence from all food or specific items. Fluids are consumed in sufficient quantity to satisfy thirst and physiologic requirements. During the absence of food, the body will systematically cleanse itself of everything except vital tissue. Starvation will occur only when the body is forced to use vital tissue to survive. Although protein is being used by the body during the fast, a person fasting even 40 days on water will not suffer a deficiency of protein, vitamins, minerals or fatty acids. In the breakdown of unhealthy cells, all essential substances are used and conserved in a most extraordinary manner. There is an unwarranted fear of fasting that strength diminishes from the catabolism of proteins from muscle fibers. Even during long fasts, the number of muscle fibers remains the same. Although the healthy cells may be reduced in size and strength for a time, they remain perfectly sound.

A. J. Carlson, Professor of Physiology, University of Chicago, states that a healthy, well-nourished man can live from 50 to 75 days without food, provided he is not exposed to harsh elements or emotional stress. Human fat is valued at 3,500 calories per pound. Each extra pound of fat will supply enough calories for one day of hard physical labor. Ten pounds of fat are equal to 35,000 calories! Most of us have sufficient reserves, capable of sustaining us for many weeks.

read more here :
http://www.falconblanco.com/health/fasting.htm

vipassana 04-01-2009 08:39 PM

I'm very fortunate that since my early 20's I've always had a garden. I've been a veg gardener for years. I started it as a hobby but soon got hooked when I tasted my produce and it's also very interesting to grow and tend produce. You just can't beat the flavour and goodness of home grown veg. Gardening gets me out in the fresh air, keeps me fit and it connects me to the earth.

Whoever loves and understands a garden
will find contentment within
(Chinese Proverb)

This evening I dug a bit more of my lawn up as I'm extending my vegetable garden. Firstly because like many people I want to know what I'm eating all the time and secondly I think there may be food shortages ahead.

Every year I grow potatotos, broad beans, peas, lettuce, radish, leeks, runner beans, carrots, beetroot, garlic, french beans, courgettes and broccoli. I also grow a wide variety of herbs which I eat raw and use in cooking. Most years I try out new things. This year I've planted blackcurrant, raspberry, gooseberry and blueberry bushes and also rhubarb which will produce every year. I'm also going to experiment with crops I can grow for winter time. I've also acquired a greenhouse which I'm trying to get moved here so then I can grow tomatoes, peppers etc and it will also extend the growing season for me.

Some times things fail or don't do so well but that's just nature. I'm still learning as I go along.

Yes truthseeker, I agree that you can show love with food.

Truthseeker360 04-01-2009 08:52 PM

Love the energy in your post Vipassana

Your garden must feel the same no wonder the produce tastes so divine.

Would love to see your creation,maybe one day on my travels...

Love light & creation

vipassana 04-01-2009 09:23 PM

Thanks Truthseeker. I've only been creating my current garden for the last 3 years but it's really taking shape now. If you're ever in Dumfriesshire the kettles always on!

Here's a way I like to liven up potatoes that have been stored and make them really tasty.

Peel and slice potatos then bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 mins. Heat some oil in a large frying pan or wok then add the part cooked sliced potatos and keep turning them until they're nicely browned. In the final few minutes of cooking add some finely sliced garlic and some sprigs of rosemary.

Truthseeker360 04-01-2009 10:04 PM

Great idea,

I usually do this

Loaded potato skins

Baked potato as normal
cut in half
scoop out inside,
mash with little cream or butter
pinch salt pepper
refill skins
pop back in oven 6 - 7 mins until heated through skins crispy

any type of dip salsa,sour cream etc

Thats basic recipe
Now create your own additions

Cream cheese with chive,
mix with mash until creamy(boursin cream cheese) excellent herby and creamy mature twang)

Or indian style

1 tablespoon madras curry powder
1 tablespoon tumeric powder
1/4 teaspoon mild chilli (depends on taste buds)
1 chopped onion (chopped way u like it)
1 tablespoon oil

fry above to awaken spices add tiny bit water if not enough oil don't want greasy
add pinch sugar

250 mil cream ,add to pan simmer now add bit to mash stir until creamy add bit by bit until right for you,leftovers for dipping

Add fresh corriander if u got(would reccomend for your greenhouse)

Enjoy....

Love light

Truthseeker360 04-02-2009 12:32 PM

I found this on Avalon and thought it apt for this thread.

http://www.codexalimentarius.net/mrl...s/pest_q-e.htm
Pretty much everything you need to know about Codex Alimentarius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL1dkA3EenY
Food as medicine is something to consider also...

Just received this

We have been asked to forward the following information to our members and, whilst we do not usually agree to such requests, we wanted to ensure you were aware of the situation so you can act if you wish:

Here is a petition to the Prime Minister to oppose the adoption of the Codex Alimentarius (WHO/UN) proposals for restriction of the presently freely available herb/vitamin/mineral food supplements.

Margaret Rothwell, the petition creator, adds:

"The principle of self medication with herbal/vitamin/mineral food supplements would be restricted to 'prescription only' status, if the Codex Alimentarius is applied in this country.

Since the NHS priorities are ill health diagnosis and treatment, the good health preservation that supplements provide will be inaccessible to the majority of our population and the cost to the NHS will increase, and the health of the population will decline."

If you feel guided to sign the petition, please go to:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Vitamins/

We believe it would be disastrous if vitamins, herbs and food supplements were no longer available other than on prescription, and feel that such measures would impose serious restrictions upon the way in which many chiropractors choose to practice. Whether you opt to sign the online petition or not, can we suggest that you forward it to your own contacts? Thank you.

Best wishes,

Nicki

Nicki Choules-Rowe

Administrative Officer - Executive Liaison

McTimoney Chiropractic Association

Crowmarsh Gifford

Wallingford OX10 8DJ

Tel : 01491 829494

nicki@mctimoney-chiropractic.org

www.mctimoney-chiropractic.org

Swanny is hunting the white rabbit.

Truthseeker 360

Love light & freedom

piers2210 04-02-2009 06:16 PM

Its tough to have garden in the city.....but me and my mate who did my place up last year have got it sussed for when the hard times come.....my flat is a brilliant safe haven, own water, lots of tins (organic of course), enough anyway that by the time the killing is finished in the streets we'll be alive still, candles, and of course the place is really secure (can't tell you about that...)

In the meantime i'll open a bottle of wine with reservatrol in it, how about a pinot noir anyone??

twoRone 04-02-2009 07:52 PM

H2o2 hydrogen peroxide and gardening

using h2o2 (hydrogenperoxide) in your garden instead of pesticides and commercial fertilizers.. I found this article and I'll be trying it this season in my garden..

Gardening with Hydrogen Peroxide
This will be the most phenomenal article you will ever read. It deals with something as simple as H2O2 (Peroxide) and is harmless to all good things. I have been gardening for about 40 years and was wondering why bad bugs had to have a very specific pesticide to control them. I had been inhaling peroxide for aches, pains and allergies and it seemed to control all of them. Not having any source to go to for the information on how to use peroxide in the garden, I decided on the trial and error method. I have never started a project that I new how to get to the end, and this was no exception.

The beauty supply store would have the peroxide that I needed. The 40% peroxide cost about $2.50 a quart. I bought the least expensive they had, because I did not need any additives. Having no knowledge of what strength to use, I used 8% for my plants. They did not die so that is the strength I have used ever since.

If you have a small garden you will need a hand squeeze sprayer. A little peroxide goes a long way. My lot is about 100 X 85 and I use a six-gallon sprayer. I have it mounted on a 2-wheel handcart. The peroxide comes in several strengths, so the strength you start out with is not that important as long as the final strength is 8%. Peroxide should be kept out of the sun.

When you plant the seedlings dig the hole and spray it with peroxide using your hand sprayer. Wet it good and then wet the roots of the seedlings or small plant.

I don’t use any commercial fertilizers. I have my own well so I have none of those chemicals the government uses in their water. When I prune the fruit trees, I put the trimmings in the chipper and add all the ashes from my wood burner and then till them into the garden in the fall. My garden is composting all year long. The grass clippings are used for the walkways between plants. I started out with clay, now the soil is black and soft.

Corn was the first plant that I used the peroxide on. I marked two rows off and every 12 inches made a hole about 2” or 3” deep. I put one kernel in each hole then poured about third cup of 8% peroxide in each hole and covered them up. In 5 to 6 days the sprouts came up. Fourteen days later I repeated the process without the peroxide. They came up in 12 to 14 days. Fourteen days later I repeated the first with the peroxide and they came up in 5 to 6 days. As the corn grew the corn with out the peroxide did not grow well as the ones with peroxide. I have noticed that the birds do not attack the ears of corn any more, and I assume it is because there are no worms in ears of corn. Birds can fly over the corn and know there are no worms in the corn. Do they have a sense that man does not have?

Acorn squash was next. They were planted with out peroxide. After 3 or 4 leaves formed the bugs made filigree of the leaves. One new leaf was untouched. I sprayed the plants with peroxide and as time went by the plants sprouted new leaves. They produced several squash. I sprayed the plants after every rain. I planted turnips with no peroxide and the bugs over took them. I wet them down with peroxide and that stopped the bugs.

I planted radishes and they grew bigger than golf balls, and had a mild and firm taste. I will be planting radishes and carrots this year. Last year the turnips grew to 6” to 8” in diameter and were mild when cooked.

The next year I decided to try soaking the seeds before I planted them. I soak them for three or four hours just before I planted them. The only seeds that did not survive the soaking were the navy beans. They just slipped out of their skins.

The potatoes have been interesting. The first year I planted potatoes I planted them without soaking them but sprayed them after they came up. I wet them down (not soaking) after they were 6 or 8 inches tall. Then about three weeks later I just sprayed a mist over them. They had some very small holes in them but they produced good potatoes. The next year I soaked them before planting and misted them when they came up. Last year I had several self-sow potatoes. I transplanted them but used no peroxide on them. I have had self-sow squash that came from plants that were peroxide grown and they were bug free without using peroxide.

In 2002 I used one ounce of 40% peroxide per gallon. Just about every thing that was green was sprayed and the results were a big surprise to my wife and me, We had no mosquitoes or any other flying bugs in our yard. There were a few ladybugs but they were few and far between. I don’t think the peroxide had any thing to do with the ladybugs directly. However, the lack of bugs for them to eat would be my guess why there were so few.

The vegetable that gave me a problem was the cabbage. I was determined to conquer the cabbageworm. Years ago I sprayed the cabbage plants with peroxide to no avail. This year I soaked the cabbage seeds before planting them. There were no signs of the bug until the cabbage plants were almost full grown, then I poured about a quarter of cup of 8% peroxide over the cabbage, letting it flow down into the layers of the leaves. That stopped the cabbage bugs. This year I will use hydrogen peroxide more freely on every thing that is alive and green in my yard and garden.

Bill Munro

about half way down this page http://educate-yourself.org/cn/hydro...e07feb05.shtml

Carmen 04-02-2009 09:32 PM

Re: H2o2 hydrogen peroxide and gardening

Yes TS, an excellent thread, Food for Thought. The first or primary organ in our bodies that needs and is fed is our brain. If we do not ingest sufficient or a balance of food our bodies suffer and start to fail. We are dumbed down by not giving our brains the nutrients they need.

When we grow our own food in soil with the correct balance of mineral we are producing nutrient dense food with all the nutrients present. Nutrient dense food is not attacked by insects and disease. Insects and disease are indicators that our food is not of a high standard. Insects and disease are the garbage crew.

Dr Arden Anderson is a brilliant scientist and teacher who teaches people how to farm and garden biologically. This is a big step up from organic. This brilliant man is an unsung hero (as are many other similiar scientists) in the USA. It is an absolute crime that his methods are suppressed and ignored in his own country. He is celebrated in other parts of the world and his methods are applied very successfully.

One of his mentors was Phil Callahan, a scientist who studied insects (Im not going to attempt to spell that word). Dr Callahan discovered that insects are attracted by vibration to particular plants (food), that are vibrating at a stress level. This is the indicator that the plant is not healthy and that it is food for them. Healthy plants they will ignore because the signal is not there. Their (the insects) digestive system cannot handle the vibration of nutritionally dense plants. This has been well proven in field trials and is not a theory. These studies have been ignored by the chemical companies.

Another point I wish to make on this post is that when we grow our food our consciousness is imbued into the food. Our surroundings (including our garden) is part of our own consciousness. When we grow with loving attention the food we later consume, we are consuming ourselves. We are one with our environment. This is true health. I am not vegaterian, but I rear my own animals on healthy grass and they are killed humanely. Maybe vegetarianism is part of my future self, but not yet.

Love and Light

Carmen

sunflower 04-04-2009 12:31 AM

Yes, I am also looking forward to this year's gardening season. We've always been growing tomatoes and herbs on the side of the house but last fall my husband used construction blocks and built me a 16'x4' raised garden. We ordered heirloom seeds (just for the fun of it) and are hoping for the best. We do have a resident bunny which I saw again two days ago so I guess we'll have to use chicken wire or whatever to keep it out.

For the first time I am trying to start seeds inside under grow lights ( a leftover fixture that was forgotten in the basement for many years) I am not too impressed with the results so far but I still have a month or six weeks before official planting season in this area. If those seeds don't sprout nicely well I'll simply get plants from the local nursery.

I plan on taking pictures of the garden to note progress and placement of plants. This project will be a bit of a challenge but I do like to dig into the earth with my bare hands. What a satisfying feeling to bring veggies into the house for salad or cooked for supper.

sunflower 04-04-2009 01:20 AM

I found the article below in Mother Earth News recently and thought I would try it out this week. Might be a good idea for next winter also.

Grow a Quick Crop of Lettuce Indoors
1/19/2009 4:13:24 PM
By Barbara Pleasant

Lettuce Boxes

If you itch to start growing things weeks before it's time to start most of your seedlings, use the space under lights (or your sunniest south-facing window) to grow quick crops of lettuce.

There is a happy symmetry to the fact that translucent clamshell boxes used to package gourmet salad greens also make ideal containers for growing lettuce indoors. To get the boxes ready for duty, use the tip of a stout knife to make 8 or 9 gashes in the bottom of each one. Then add 2 inches of moist potting soil before planting a pinch (about 25) lettuce seeds, barely covering them with soil. After generously spritzing the surface with water from a pump-spray bottle, pop on the tops and slip the boxes under your grow light, or in any warm, bright spot.

Five days later, when the seeds are up and growing, remove the tops and place them under the boxes, so they become watering trays. The soil usually stays nicely moist if you fill the trays with water every day. By the way, don't try to remove the labels from the lids. Hot water will warp them, especially if they're made from cornstarch.

You can let your boxes of lettuce bask in the sun from a south-facing window on bright days, but they will be happy to spend most of their time under the light. Keep the lights on for about 12 hours a day, like from 7 in the morning until 7 at night.

Cutting Lettuce: the first cutting is ready in 3 to 4 weeks. By holding the boxes sideways, you can clip the leaves right into a colander while keeping the growing crowns intact. The plants will be ready to cut again in about 2 weeks.

If you want to use the clamshell boxes to start another crop, you can lift out the mat of seedlings and transplant it to a larger container. As days get warmer in the spring, you can start lettuce and other salad greens in clamshell boxes and transplant the mats into a cold frame or plastic-covered tunnel.

Carmen 04-04-2009 01:50 AM

sunflower, have you read Anatasia's books, The Ringing Cedars series. In the first book (I think) Anatasia describes how to imbue, imprint seeds with your frequency before you plant. This makes the vegetables frequency specific with you. Enables the intelligence of the plant to grow itself to suit your particular frequency signature.

My friend Fastfilly did just this and tried a experiment. She held the seeds in her mouth for nine minutes (the advice in the book) then planted them in a tray. She planted only half of the tray with the ones from her mouth and the other side she planted normally.The difference was amazing. The ones held in her mouth before planting grew twice as big as the ones planted normally!

Cheers

Carmen

BROOK 04-04-2009 06:32 AM

Okay you guys...this thread is making me very hungry :mfr_lol:

Dantheman62 04-04-2009 06:42 AM

HaHa BROOK, good post twoRone I didn't know about hydrogen peroxide, and to the rest of you green thumbers :thumb_yello:

vipassana 04-04-2009 09:56 PM

I'm always on the look out for useful stuff in charity shops and a few weeks ago I found a pasta maker which was brand new in it's box.

Today I gave it a try and with 500g of flour and 3 eggs I successfully made pasta for vegetable lasagne for tonight's evening meal and some tagliatelle to store in the fridge for another meal.

I don't know if it was beginners luck or if it really is easy to make but it was a great success. The flour I used was organic and the eggs were from local free range garden chickens.

There's definetly therapeutic value in kneading and the vegetable lasagne tasted delicious because it was totally home made with love.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

A couple of years ago I visited Lauriston Hall, a local housing cooperative, which was a fantastic place in beautiful countryside. http://www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk...t&sel=lauriest Members devoted approxiametly 3 days of their time to work in their community. As well as raising their own animals the community grew a lot of their food in a huge beautiful garden.

The woman who showed me around told me about her daily green sandwich. So together we selected a largish green leaf then picked lots of smaller vegetable leafs and herbs then we rolled it up and ate it.

So even growing a few herbs and lettuce in pots is worthwhile to have your own organic green sandwich.

sunflower 04-04-2009 10:16 PM

The Ringing Cedars series. In the first book (I think) Anatasia describes how to imbue, imprint seeds with your frequency before you plant. This makes the vegetables frequency specific with you. Enables the intelligence of the plant to grow itself to suit your particular frequency signature.

Hi Carmen, thanks for the advice, I intend to buy those books one day soon. Too many recommendations so far.

In the meantime, I will try and follow your friend's example! With the heirloom seeds:mfr_lol: And see what happens. Certainly worth a try.

If we could get the meat from your farm I am sure my younger daughter would eat it. She will only eat meat from "happy animals". I think in Ottawa (where she lives at present) the wait staff are accustomed to being asked where the produce used in the market restaurants come from. Our waiter was quite serious as he responded to my daughter's query.

sunflower 04-04-2009 10:20 PM

I received a link today to the article below and felt that it fits in quite nicely with this thread. The trailer is interesting. I am sending it around to friends also.

Food, Inc.
Is a Must-See Movie
"A terrific introduction to the way our food system works, and to the effects of this system on the health of anyone who eats."

http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy...movie-44030501

Swanny 04-05-2009 05:12 PM

Need some advice please.
I bought some h2o2 (hydrogenperoxide) today, it's 9% not 8% as they said.
Do I water it down before spraying it on my plants or just use it as it is???

Thx :original:

BROOK 04-05-2009 05:14 PM

My only question is...it doesn't hurt you to ingest this stuff?

Carmen 04-05-2009 06:49 PM

Soaking seeds in your mouth can have its funny moments. Last spring I had a mouthful of seeds when my son arrived. I couldn't speak with my mouth full of seeds, and damn near choked laughing!!!

Ps Dont try it with spuds!!!!!!

Cheers

Carmen

Truthseeker360 04-05-2009 07:46 PM

Great posts by all,

And this brings me to an idea.
Something we can all try if you wish.

An experiment we can all partake and post results here.

We all should have the room to grow tomatoes many of us already do.
And fairly easy to grow.

Got some great recipes for toms ,red sauce,soup, pizza sauce,dips you name it.

For those unfamiliar with Dr Moto please check link.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...60162162692745

What i propose is to use two watering cannister one with message of love & gratitude wrote on it the other without.You can write on label stick onto
watering cannister.

Also for those more advanced with own philosophy, but even for those just starting new gardens.
PH LEVELS

I was thinking of testing ph levels before and after crops to see the effect on ph levels as well as visual differences,soil quality etc.
And any increase in yields next crop.

http://gardening.yardener.com/Yarden...il/CheckSoilpH

Let others know methods used ie[QUOTE]using h2o2 (hydrogenperoxide) in your garden instead of pesticides and commercial fertilizers../QUOTE] twoRone(Excellent post my personal no1 so far).

Think this should also be used by everyone who resonates.

Maybe we can grow all year long and experienced can advise newbies.
Any ideas on easy crops to start with please post.

A garden of seasonal harmony with which we can connect all year around.

Truthseeker360
Love Light & Harmony

Truthseeker360 04-05-2009 07:52 PM

Beautifull post Thankyou for sharing.

Love Light & oneness

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipassana (Post 125958)
I'm always on the look out for useful stuff in charity shops and a few weeks ago I found a pasta maker which was brand new in it's box.

Today I gave it a try and with 500g of flour and 3 eggs I successfully made pasta for vegetable lasagne for tonight's evening meal and some tagliatelle to store in the fridge for another meal.

I don't know if it was beginners luck or if it really is easy to make but it was a great success. The flour I used was organic and the eggs were from local free range garden chickens.

There's definetly therapeutic value in kneading and the vegetable lasagne tasted delicious because it was totally home made with love.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

A couple of years ago I visited Lauriston Hall, a local housing cooperative, which was a fantastic place in beautiful countryside. http://www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk...t&sel=lauriest Members devoted approxiametly 3 days of their time to work in their community. As well as raising their own animals the community grew a lot of their food in a huge beautiful garden.

The woman who showed me around told me about her daily green sandwich. So together we selected a largish green leaf then picked lots of smaller vegetable leafs and herbs then we rolled it up and ate it.

So even growing a few herbs and lettuce in pots is worthwhile to have your own organic green sandwich.