Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Archived Threads - Read Only (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   How Do You Feel About This Forum? (Avalon) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6646)

Suriel 11-02-2008 06:48 PM

How Do You Feel About This Forum? (Avalon)
 
I sense that the vibe of Avalon is getting low.
I am concerned.
But, I could be wrong and
that is where you come in.
I believe that communication is the key
and maybe we can get to the source of the issues.
Feel free to express any concerns that you
may have about this Forum.
How can we make Avalon a better
experience for you?

Also, don't forget to participate
in the Poll. We need to know how you
feel about this forum.

This thread was created not to cause debates
but to get answers on how you are feeling about Avalon
and what your goals are in being here.
And if those goals are being fulfilled.

If the Forum turns out to be doing well,
then that is good news.

Thanks,
Kevin - Project Avalon Spiritual Mediator

Artycarl 11-02-2008 07:27 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
This will be an interesting poll but personally I would like to see a choice between 'satisfactory' and 'stinking'.

Isn't it always the way...you give someone a choice and they wants more lol.

At the moment there lacks any real direction. Its a mass of too many different things from the highly spiritual to the completely mundane.

Whether true or not, it feels like Camelot is yesterdays forum and Avalon is todays so I rarely visit Camelot any more.

I was dismayed to read criticism about Avalon on another forum for being too 'doom and gloom', but these are difficult times and jollying up the forum just for the sake of it would be wrong too.

I would like to see more concerted efforts in getting people to meet each other outside of the forum and to compare notes. I know it has happened but it could be promoted more.

It would be nice if a moderator, acting as a kind of agent of Bill and Kerrys, could get involved too maybe with some helpful guidance from them to help get things going.

alternative-answer 11-02-2008 07:28 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 68409)
I sense that the vibe of Avalon is getting low.
I am concerned.
I believe that communication is the key
and maybe we can get to the source of the issues.
Feel free to express any concerns that you
may have about this Forum.
How can we make Avalon a better
experience for you?

Also, don't forget to participate
in the Poll. We need to know how you
feel about this forum.

This thread was created not to cause debates
but to get answers on how you are feeling about Avalon
and what your goals are in being here.
And if those goals are being fulfilled.

If the Forum turns out to be doing well,
then that is good news.

Thanks,
Kevin - Project Avalon Spiritual Mediator

My goal, to pass on as much knowledge that is coming through me to as many people who will listen, I dont have all the answers or the right answers, I use discerment and wisdom to impart my knowledge and hope people feel inspired and empowered.

Shadowstalker 11-02-2008 07:36 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 68409)
I sense that the vibe of Avalon is getting low.
I am concerned.
I believe that communication is the key
and maybe we can get to the source of the issues.
Feel free to express any concerns that you
may have about this Forum.
How can we make Avalon a better
experience for you?

Also, don't forget to participate
in the Poll. We need to know how you
feel about this forum.

This thread was created not to cause debates
but to get answers on how you are feeling about Avalon
and what your goals are in being here.
And if those goals are being fulfilled.

If the Forum turns out to be doing well,
then that is good news.

Thanks,
Kevin - Project Avalon Spiritual Mediator

The novelty has warn down thats all, when something new comes into play people get excited. But after a while thing even out and things work the way it is meant to be.. But still its better then most other forums like this.:thumb_yello:

2infinityandbeyond 11-02-2008 07:38 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
The forum is currently undergoing a massive inlflux of 'disinformation agents' lately. Ive noticed this happening over the past month or two.

These guys use a variety of tactics all over the internet but in Avalon they make sure to give off a 'friendly' vibe, so as not to arouse any suspicion. In fact, many of them will be quite popular as they are familiour with the traits that make a person appear 'cool' to others.

I wont name any names, because i may be wrong and that wouldnt be good for anyone involved. But i know one thing, im 100% sure that they are here and they are working their evil little ways to sneakily control how some of the information presented here is portrayed.

They will use 'freedom of speach' at their disposal, and will have no problem doing their 'work' within the confines of this communities rules and regulations.

A smart wolf will always dress like a sheep.

So if anyone is wondering why the vibe has gone down it is because of this infestation. Remember the first few weeks of avalon? You could practically taste the positive atmosphere, simply because it was full of genuine positive people. The 'agents' could not function in such a minority, they dont usually present themselves until they have the cameflauge of numbers, and avalon has a nice number of regular posters lately.

Suriel 11-02-2008 07:42 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Thank you members. Keep it coming. This will help the Mod team and
administration know how you are feeling. We want your stay
at Avalon to be a rewarding experience.

alternative-answer 11-02-2008 07:48 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond (Post 68448)
The forum is currently undergoing a massive inlflux of 'disinformation agents' lately. Ive noticed this happening over the past month or two.

These guys use a variety of tactics all over the internet but in Avalon they make sure to give off a 'friendly' vibe, so as not to arouse any suspicion. In fact, many of them will be quite popular as they are familiour with the traits that make a person appear 'cool' to others.

I wont name any names, because i may be wrong and that wouldnt be good for anyone involved. But i know one thing, im 100% sure that they are here and they are working their evil little ways to sneakily control how some of the information presented here is portrayed.

They will use 'freedom of speach' at their disposal, and will have no problem doing their 'work' within the confines of this communities rules and regulations.

A smart wolf will always dress like a sheep.

So if anyone is wondering why the vibe has gone down it is because of this infestation. Remember the first few weeks of avalon? You could practically taste the positive atmosphere, simply because it was full of genuine positive people. The 'agents' could not function in such a minority, they dont usually present themselves until they have the cameflauge of numbers, and avalon has a nice number of regular posters lately.

What's the basis for this, where's your evidence?

alternative-answer 11-02-2008 07:48 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
This is fantastic.
http://warofillusions.wordpress.com/...logy-hypnosis/

fastarr 11-02-2008 07:52 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
I only come to find interesting information and rarely partake in discussions.

I feel that there are members who genuinely care about where the world is going and would like to see things get better.

And then there are those who want nothing more than to discredit ideas and/or beliefs. Also, I feel that there are a few "boys who cry wolves", or however one would describe them, that enjoy posting fictional stories just to laugh, behind the scenes, at the response they get.

Criticism is not an attractive force and I feel that has repelled many intelligent ideas.

And there are those that take this stuff way too seriously, and preach that we're all going to hell. Saying it plainly.

My stand is everything in moderation. The world will never be a perfect place. It was never meant to be. If it were then we wouldn't be born with needs, i.e. food and shelter. There will always be war over who has what (material objects, information, etc.). There will always be competition amongst the people of the world. So many have the need to better than someone else.

It becomes extremely difficult to enjoy the life you are living when you are focusing on things of which you have no control. You can only control how you feel and respond to the things around you.

The truth is we as humans will never have the whole story. There are an infinite amount of perspectives to every story and it is impossible for someone to understand anothers point of view completely.

Elephant Man 11-02-2008 07:59 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond (Post 68448)
The forum is currently undergoing a massive inlflux of 'disinformation agents' lately. Ive noticed this happening over the past month or two.

These guys use a variety of tactics all over the internet but in Avalon they make sure to give off a 'friendly' vibe, so as not to arouse any suspicion. In fact, many of them will be quite popular as they are familiour with the traits that make a person appear 'cool' to others.

I wont name any names, because i may be wrong and that wouldnt be good for anyone involved. But i know one thing, im 100% sure that they are here and they are working their evil little ways to sneakily control how some of the information presented here is portrayed.

They will use 'freedom of speach' at their disposal, and will have no problem doing their 'work' within the confines of this communities rules and regulations.

A smart wolf will always dress like a sheep.

So if anyone is wondering why the vibe has gone down it is because of this infestation. Remember the first few weeks of avalon? You could practically taste the positive atmosphere, simply because it was full of genuine positive people. The 'agents' could not function in such a minority, they dont usually present themselves until they have the cameflauge of numbers, and avalon has a nice number of regular posters lately.

Agreed. This saves me a lot of writing :original: but will add that I personally cannot see why all the political threads are here. this was never meant to be a political forum, but it seems as though "free speech" means anything can be posted and accepted. I am generally against censorship, but really dont feel that politics belong here, we might as well start discussing sport. Now I am aware that people will say that politics affects the world situation etc... but what was the true purpose of Avalon? To unite in finding our way forward or something along those lines. Obama/mccain bashing does not fit in here and the continual negative political threads ar nothing but intentional trouble making. You wanna plug a politician or bash a politician? go elsewhere!

other than that little beef, rock on :thumb_yello:

Peace

Topper 11-02-2008 08:11 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
AA, check out the thread, America's greatest fear not yet realized. I would like your take on it.

Allie 11-02-2008 08:29 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
To be honest, I find posts regarding 'disinfo-agents' extremely off-putting. I honestly don't think this type of accusation is helpful to anyone - it just becomes even more of the same confusion and mistrust that is already quite rampant in our world.If anyone has such suspicions and believes he or she knows who, when, what and why, and can back it up with some evidence rather than their interpretation of 'dis-info' agent, and if they feel they can't put it out in the open, they surely have a duty to report it to the owners/moderators of this site? If being friendly is one of the prime reasons to suspect a 'dis-info' agent then heaven help us all. What is the optimum behaviour / attitude to aim for?

Shadowstalker 11-02-2008 08:33 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Allie (Post 68495)
To be honest, I find posts regarding 'disinfo-agents' extremely off-putting. I honestly don't think this type of accusation is helpful to anyone - it just becomes even more of the same confusion and mistrust that is already quite rampant in our world.If anyone has such suspicions and believes he or she knows who, when, what and why, and can back it up with some evidence rather than their interpretation of 'dis-info' agent, and if they feel they can't put it out in the open, they surely have a duty to report it to the owners/moderators of this site? If being friendly is one of the prime reasons to suspect a 'dis-info' agent then heaven help us all. What is the optimum behaviour / attitude to aim for?

Agreed

Artycarl 11-02-2008 08:37 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
I agree with your post Allie to a certain extent but I believe there are those among us whose sole mission is to disrupt and bring disharmony. Every forum has them.

Seeker Mom 11-02-2008 08:48 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
I enjoy this forum and am very thankful for it. I feel that it opened at an unfortunate time because of the economic situation and the American election. I joined here as a diversion from politics, but have found myself responding to the political threads despite my constant promises to myself that I wouldn't post in them. :zip:

I don't know about the rest of the Americans here, but this election has me in a funk. I'm not myself right now. I'm pretty stressed out by the direction my country may be going, a direction I don't feel is the right one, so now isn't a good time for me. I've tried to read only the threads that don't concern politics but it's on my mind just the same.

I'm pretty sure things will settle down in a few weeks and the tension won't be quite as high with some of us.

Allie 11-02-2008 08:53 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
And I don't disagree with you - there are negative people in all walks of life who gain some kind of satisfaction from making waves. Personally, I'm not altogether convinced that's a soul mission - just an unhappy, negative person. I've lived long enough to meet a few.

But - what you say Artycarl kind of supports my view that it is down to an individual's interpretation of what a 'dis-info' agent may be. Let's perhaps be clear about that before we decide it's someone who seems to be friendly.

What exists on here are a collection of views. To some those views will appear to resonate, to others they will do the opposite. The comments will therefore reflect the myriad views. Why does that have to be 'dis-info'????

It wouldn't be fair of me to take this one issue and change the general direction that the moderators are aiming for, so I won't waffle on.

Waterman 11-02-2008 08:54 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
There are some statements that I disagree with that have been posted about this topic.

I believe there is a gap in realizing the relevance about politics by those that are not from the states. Although, political processes in the states are stolen, we are still passionately connected to the political process. For example to not speak of politics means to not talk about Gary McKinnon.

The united states waited till the extradition law existed before they started to bring him here. That is call "Ex Post Facto" a prohibition by our Constitution. In America, politics has historically been participatory. It is politics that is hiding the UFOs. It is politics that is hiding free energy. It is politics that is taking the worlds freedoms away. It is politics that is trying take the internet down. It is through politics that the robber barons steal from us all. It is unfortunately politics ad nauseum in an election year.

We then must remember this forum started very near the election process peaking in the states. The political statements of those in this forum are a natural manifestation of what is transpiring in the lives of Americans at this moment. AND the repercussions are going to be felt over the entire world. Whether "Americans" really do make the difference via voting is not what I'm talking about. The point is that it is a presidential election this year and the forum was started right before elections and that is on the minds of the people in the states, and the world for that matter.

In the meantime there are many different approaches to problems and everyone thinks their approach is worth voicing. New age thinkers say the answer to the problem is manifesting ones destiny. Others say we must not speak of evil that is fearmongering. A political activist is going to say the answer is changing the policies . An activist is going to say it is full disclosure.

All these type of people are on this forum persuading others to believe them. Yet it is important we realize that all these type of people exist and it is what it is. There will eventually be groupings in the forum and they will manifest what they want to do regardless of what the other groups want.

The bottom line will be how Bill and Kerry massage the forum to fit the goals they want to accomplish.

One of the massage techniques may be to make it subscriber based. That will IMHO remove those that see it as an adjunct activity. In the meantime nformation is being posted in Camelot freely.

Certainly the main goal, meeting up with like minded and preparing, is going to at least cost folks some gas money. And if there isn't enough interest they just won't spend that money. If they were to go subscription based, the tone of the forum would actually become more focussed. It is my opinion that charging is one way of putting the responsibility of "connecting with other like minded" in the hands of those willing to pay for it.

Thanks for asking.

Antaletriangle 11-02-2008 08:56 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
It's all a matter of balance in my opinion-i think to try and stay bouyant whilst being objective i feel people on here balance each other out; -i don't post much on the spiritual side but i do read alot of it-i post on ufology/news/what does it mean etc. and anything that i feel needs to be read (not necessarily believed and taken as 'gospel') but understood with an open mind.People shouldn't just jump straight out of their clothes and attack a posting when it's there to be read; hopefully it encourages other research and expansion of information to be posted back.I do find in instances that some people who've negatively vibed some postings have hardly posted themselves;i do find this to be a little annoying when they aren't sticking their necks out themselves but very eager to attack someone who has!!.Apart from that -balance-read from both sides, camelot and avalon and do your own research in between and try and look for alternative news sites etc.There's no competition on here;it's about freely given information that is mostly suppressed in mainstream and sharing it as much as learning from info.that everyone posts,differentiate don't attack.

2infinityandbeyond 11-02-2008 09:00 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephant Man (Post 68468)
Agreed. This saves me a lot of writing :original: but will add that I personally cannot see why all the political threads are here. this was never meant to be a political forum, but it seems as though "free speech" means anything can be posted and accepted. I am generally against censorship, but really dont feel that politics belong here, we might as well start discussing sport. Now I am aware that people will say that politics affects the world situation etc... but what was the true purpose of Avalon? To unite in finding our way forward or something along those lines. Obama/mccain bashing does not fit in here and the continual negative political threads ar nothing but intentional trouble making. You wanna plug a politician or bash a politician? go elsewhere!

other than that little beef, rock on :thumb_yello:

Peace


Exactly!

We all know what religious and political discussions do, the divide us right down the middle. And its not just that, i see a lot of bashing going on. It happens on different levels, and sometimes it doesnt seem that conspicious at first but the end results can be very destructive.

To the guy who asked me wheres my evidence, im only giving you my observation of the forum. The evidence is everywhere if you look, and besides i dont wish to start naming names or singling out threads because that would just cause trouble.

Dadrious 11-02-2008 09:05 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, ALWAYS." - Gandhi

Brinty 11-02-2008 09:14 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Wow! Gosh! I go along with most of the replies. I get the feeling that now that the initial excitement has worn off, the forum seems to have lost its way amongst the plethora of "you're wrong and I'm right" postings.

A bit like a boy-meets-girl situation. At first they can't keep their hands off each other. At this stage, passion is like a blazing fire that no amount of water could extiguish. As this passion dies down, the fire will either go out, or it will settle down to a nice warm glow of embers.

Like some relationships, the Avalon forum will have its ups and downs but these will eventually get sorted out as we all get to understand each other better. So don't let yourself get diverted from the aim of Avalon, let's all work towards tolerance for the opinion of others - provided that opinion is not contrary to the positive direction we are all striving for.

The observation was made many years ago that Rome wasn't built up in a day, but it was burnt down in one. Remember, you had to be able to walk before you could run and before walking, you first had to learn to crawl. How old is this forum? Give it a chance to prove itself. :thumb_yello:

Antaletriangle 11-02-2008 09:14 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond (Post 68534)
Exactly!

We all know what religious and political discussions do, the divide us right down the middle. And its not just that, i see a lot of bashing going on. It happens on different levels, and sometimes it doesnt seem that conspicious at first but the end results can be very destructive.

To the guy who asked me wheres my evidence, im only giving you my observation of the forum. The evidence is everywhere if you look, and besides i dont wish to start naming names or singling out threads because that would just cause trouble.

I agree entirely-when posts are made sometimes i feel a sense of "is someone going to have another dig at this one now!!" type of feeling and i/we shouldn't feel like this (as we don't have to search and give info. we find-it's freely given)-members should be a little more constructive with comment rather than downright rude with nothing to back themselves up;this forum is supposed to be about enlightenment not base behaviour-i think enlightenment is mostly encouraged here but there are always the 'know alls' who don't post much but attack vehemently when someone else sticks their necks out.I've made a few comments on this when i've witnessed 'attacks' on unsuspecting posters that are just providing info. from their angle.If there are disagreements which there always will be (human nature) then i think it's better to discuss politely and intelligently; always provide encouragement to the poster whilst maintaining/providing your own opinions and researches on the matter at hand-dead easy but too difficult for some it appears.Anyhow my rant for the day!LOL.
Keep posting everyone and be beautiful.

Antaletriangle 11-02-2008 09:16 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
I like your angles Brinty!!Lol !!comparing it to a sex session that develops into a loving relationship.I'd like to have a beer with you sometime jack!lol.

Humble Janitor 11-02-2008 09:18 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Could be better. Not enough balance in certain areas. Too much negativity in Off-Topic.

Humble Janitor 11-02-2008 09:20 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephant Man (Post 68468)
Agreed. This saves me a lot of writing :original: but will add that I personally cannot see why all the political threads are here. this was never meant to be a political forum, but it seems as though "free speech" means anything can be posted and accepted. I am generally against censorship, but really dont feel that politics belong here, we might as well start discussing sport. Now I am aware that people will say that politics affects the world situation etc... but what was the true purpose of Avalon? To unite in finding our way forward or something along those lines. Obama/mccain bashing does not fit in here and the continual negative political threads ar nothing but intentional trouble making. You wanna plug a politician or bash a politician? go elsewhere!

other than that little beef, rock on :thumb_yello:

Peace

Agree with you on the political threads. There are too many of them here and certain users do nothing but post them without contributing much else.

Allie 11-02-2008 09:22 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
I'm a girl, 2infintiy.:original:

Where is the evidence? I say this in a tone of respectfulness.

Is it a view you have of the characteristics of a dis-info 'agent'? I may be wrong, but I'm honestly not sure this is reliable.

It just didn't gel with me that the evidence you appeared to cite was 'being friendly' , 'popular', 'freedom of speech', 'infestation'. Sure, I'd agree those can be 'tactics' - but they might equally mean a genuinely friendly, popular person who supports freedom of speech.:original:

pineal-pilot-in merkabah 11-02-2008 09:27 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
this forum is meant to be about how to form groups and help each other. i think there could be less cross posting. i think there is too much BS on here. this is meant to be about preparing physically and spiritually. i think we could cut down on the multiple threads of then same stuff, tighten it up a bit.. especially the ground crew forum .. it should be here to inform people of events that may or may not lead to futhter happenings. warnings,politics is not needed. ie zeitgeist pie in the sky horse ****

2infinityandbeyond 11-02-2008 09:30 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Allie (Post 68560)
I'm a girl, 2infintiy.:original:

Where is the evidence? I say this in a tone of respectfulness.

Is it a view you have of the characteristics of a dis-info 'agent'? I may be wrong, but I'm honestly not sure this is reliable.

It just didn't gel with me that the evidence you appeared to cite was 'being friendly' , 'popular', 'freedom of speech', 'infestation'. Sure, I'd agree those can be 'tactics' - but they might equally mean a genuinely friendly, popular person who supports freedom of speech.:original:

Hey allie, hows bein a girl goin for ya? always wanted to be one for a day.

Well allie, i was making an observation. It wasnt a call to get everyone all paranoid, just stating that ive noticed quite a few people here who on the surface seem very cool people but over time, viewing their posts ive noticed a pattern of behaviour towords certain subjects that makes me feel somewhat suspicious.

I dont want to provide evidence of any kind, that would cause trouble because i could be wrong about certain observations. I was asked how i felt about the forum and thought id explain why i felt this way. Those traits i explained were just some of the things that aroused my supicion, i dont normally make my opinions so lightly.

Humble Janitor 11-02-2008 09:30 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
A lot of off-topic threads are moved to Project Camelot and as a result, this place doesn't seem to be TOO crowded with such stuff.

777 The Great Work 11-02-2008 09:34 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
This forum is perfect, whole and complete
Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates

Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.
By Correspondence :welcomeani:


All natural effects are from spiritual causes. All is spirit

371 11-02-2008 10:05 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Just an observation:
I think some people might be crying 'disinfo' when someone just doesn't agree with some of our 'common' beliefs.

Like someone who say... has no problem with a one world government? Then they post links and give reasons why they think it's not so bad. That's not disinfo, its a differing opinion. There's nothing wrong with that, I can't say I agree on that specific issue but I'm just using it as an example.

It's like the saying goes: "If two guys agree on everything, you can know that one of them is doing the thinking".

Alexandra 11-02-2008 10:06 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Kevin,
It is my understanding, correct me , please, if I am wrong, that Project Avalon was created only to find safe places for people to live and resources and sites to be offered towards building safe communities. All other topics were to be left in Project Camelot forum. Perhaps, and this is only a suggestion, if all other categories were placed back in Camelot this would help.

:original:Alexandra

khristmaskathy 11-02-2008 10:07 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
I am one who really loves Project Avalon. I have visited other sites, but this is by far the best one! Most everybody is kind and one gets the feeling of belonging, so to speak. I enjoy hearing a variety of opinions , even if I don't agree, I still care what others think. The political threads do not bother me at all; we are about to experience an election for goodness sake. It's on the minds of everyone so it should be okay to express feelings about what is going on! Keep up the great work, Project Avalon, and thanks to everyone who posts! I have been a member since October 5th but it seems longer, because I am really comfortable on this forum.:original:

Worlds Beyond 11-02-2008 10:50 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Hmmm. how to respond without causing any upset ....

well, as a new person around here, but having read the threads for some few weeks now, I have mixed views...

Firstly, I was thrilled to find Avalon a few weeks ago, and find a lot of things on here very interesting..

I also have a whole pile of personal experiences/ 'phenomena' that I thought I would at some time like to share with others on here... but having never discussed these things in public before, that is quite a BIG step for me! But I felt encouraged when I found this place that Avalon was the place to chat about what's been happening to me recent years.

However.. I must say that I've been really taken aback sometimes by the level/tone of quite a few posts.. the comments made and the tone of some postings... (and, I'm sorry and reluctant to say, the seeming lack of moderation when such things occur).

It has made me wonder whether to stay and share my experiences and learn form others... or run for the exit door at times!

To me personally, it seems as if what started out as potentially an amazing space for people to come together, learn and teach each other, and grow and join together, has become infested to some degree with some very vociferous EGO maniacs, also quite a lot of what appears (to me anyway) to be some kind of intellectual / spiritual point-scoring or one-upmanship, a fair smattering of superiority-complexes, quite a bit of ridiculing others, not to mention one whole heap of JUDGEMENTALISM going on here at times....

It is such a shame to see it happening..

I thought I had finally found somewhere I could safely chat with people, share my very personal experiences of things spiritual/beyond this world.. gain some insights / new learnings / support and also give those same things in return to others...

But I have to say.. having seen the way quite a few threads get started ( innocently) and end up with a large smattering of vitriol, judging and condescending to others, I have thought twice about posting in here at all!

I only hope and pray that all this Ego stuff, the point-scoring, personal attacks and gripes, people who feel they are "superior" in some way to others, aggression, the nit-picking and so on, sorts itself out.. and soon .. so this valuable forum can truly become a safe and sharing place for all who seek further understanding / enlightenment / knowledge / wisdom.


If we can't chat/debate in a spirit of peace and light in this forum, God help us outside of here in the 'real' world.... let alone the world beyond this one!! :mfr_omg:

Malletzky 11-02-2008 10:57 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Should we be honest? Well then, both PC and PA forum is a wonderful place where a human (or a wanderer, or whatever :thumb_yello:) could learn his "missing" lessons. And we have so much to learn :wall::mad3::mfr_lol:.

No one here have the completely picture of what is happening to us. And therefore, I'm very proud to be around, as mostly, the members here are really nice and give their wisdom and knowledge to another.
Each one participate with their own thruth, and this is how we're gonna learn the WHOLE that IS!!!

But....

...as I allready mentioned in one of my previous posts
( check that here: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...60557#post6055 ),

I have a feeling that there a few members here, who try to divide...

Trying to look "cool" and stating the own point of view as the ultimate truth is just leading to displeasure by others.

There are so many good threads around with realy good issues, which deserve to be discussed more then ever. But there are obvious some "big guns" around here which, if they don't like the subject (could be for many reasons), they just don't participate. If they don't participate, so other "friends" also don't. Or they post their ulimate thruts out there and there you have it, the thread "dies".

The displeasure could lead to resignation and members will go away to other forums.

Sorry for my honest words...:wub2:

sunflower 11-02-2008 11:22 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
By the time I got around to reading this thread I found that practically everything was said and well said at that. So all I can say at this point is that I look forward to reading the threads on Avalon and if I found one I don't agree with or dislike I just leave. I really prefer to pick up pertinent info and leave discussion to others. There's nothing wrong with discussion and for those members who enjoy it go to it. Just be friendly and polite. Don't jump on someone who is genuinely offering his or her personal testimonial. Don't belittle someone else just to feel a bit more justified in your own personal beliefs. Truth is relative depending on one's point of view.

So, Kevin, yes, I do enjoy this forum and what it stands for.

Reunite 11-02-2008 11:25 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
I am very grateful for this forum as it has manifested great friends for me already. I have met over 10 members in person so far and share an unseen connection.

I have a question for Kevin or another mod in regards to the forum interface.

I use a PC at work and everything appears to remain the same. At home I use my mac and the interface has changerd only twice on random occasions to a white background with green lettering and a completetly different layout all together. Are you trialing a new interface or am I going nuts?

:bash:

PodWORLD 11-02-2008 11:28 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
I like the forum and I'm glad its here.

U think we need to remember that it's only a couple of months old and still working itself out. To be honest in the 'good old days' which were literally days ago there was a lot of fighting and disagreement so that's not new.

The forum was set up for reasons that wouldnt necessarily jive with the people it would first attract - Project camelot viewers - so some fracture is completely normal.

I think it's a shame that tongues werent sheathed more in regard to the 'witnesses' who helped create the interest and funds which in turn created this forum. Can't say I agree with some of them but it would be better if they were still on here I think.

As for disinfo agents I abhor this term as much as the dreadful 'sheeple'. These terms are thrown around and usually by experienced forum users which tells the story I think. Sometimes it's too easy to misunderstand a typed message and we need to chill out I think and be more forgiving too.

Gareth 11-02-2008 11:30 PM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reunite (Post 68673)
I am very grateful for this forum as it has manifested great friends for me already. I have met over 10 members in person so far and share an unseen connection.

I have a question for Kevin or another mod in regards to the forum interface.

I use a PC at work and everything appears to remain the same. At home I use my mac and the interface has changerd only twice on random occasions to a white background with green lettering and a completetly different layout all together. Are you trialing a new interface or am I going nuts?

:bash:

The PHP script, from which this forum is written, reacts according to your browser type and operating system.

Certain functionality may or may not be available to any particular browser and may manifest itself in, what would seem to be, unusual ways such as layout.

Reunite 11-03-2008 12:05 AM

Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gareth (Post 68681)
The PHP script, from which this forum is written, reacts according to your browser type and operating system.

Certain functionality may or may not be available to any particular browser and may manifest itself in, what would seem to be, unusual ways such as layout.

Thanks Gareth I will throw out my medication now


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon