View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #11
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: After the Great War....

Thanks for the feedback HC and yes I agree it is the basic fundamentals of the colonists but I was thinking more on the lines of tribalism. IMHO we need to keep the numbers small for a few specific reasons listed below.

Too large and you lose the basic's of togetherness that bind people together. You would then have to implement control over the people to manage it via laws and a governing body.

Many may not have the same ideal or grow tired of a particular way an outlet is necessary to start another community that can still be linked with the original but may have different viewpoints still no struggle here just reorganizing groups into a more cohesive harmonious lifestyle that fits their needs. There does not have to be great difference within the two just a separate community also this serves to cultivate resources that can be exchanged between the two and and ally in times of need.

If resources are bad in one area the other may be able to pick up the need for a particular season this ensures survival of both groups if hard pressed to do so.

With regard for laws this is only required when people will not respect the rights of others is it not? Keep it small and like minded and the need for law disappears IMHO.

In regards to a governing body there again only needed\required when people refuse to take responsibility for their own actions, when they cannot will not self govern their lives then a governing body steps in to "manage" their lives for them is this really the path we wish to take and how big should this governing body be, here in the US it is outrageous IMHO then come taxes et all to burden the populous for not doing what they should be doing in the first place.

A speaker that discusses issues with the whole yes a massive governing body I do not see a need IMHO.

There are more than this just a small list, would love to hear your or others input on this. As I truly need to understand the need for such in an enlightened community.
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote