View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #23
pilgrim
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Please post here if from Ireland

I was thinking, maybe if we meet in several different locations, say four, to begin with this week, as an informal get to know ye type thing. Set up a regional agenda of topics to be dicussed at a national meeting to be held the week after at this meet. The day after the regional meetings, topics to be discussed will be posted on here, narrowed down by consensus of the group as a whole, then what ever topics for the agenda we come up with will be discussed at the national group meeting.
Otherwise it would just deteriorate into a mish-mash of ideas with no concrete outcome.
I for one detest formallity, but unfortunately, some sort of organising has to set in place.
Some noses may be put out by suggestions, but please keep in mind Unity is the key. That doesn't mean we can't argue and debate ( In fact it's necessary ), but be mature and reasoned. We are all in this together and must not think of selfish motives, but the common good of the group as a whole.
Travel to the place most convenient to where you would consider as your region. For instance, I live in Belfast, but if the majority of people up North here suggest Cookstown or Dungannon because it's central, that's fine. But let's have suggestions, then make a deadline...,say Thursday, to close and arrive at the decision.
So get off your **** and start making decisions folks.
The first decision to be made is; Where is your region and where would you find convenient to meet, (within reason). When you have made your mind up on this.., post it here for all to see. That way we can get an idea of numbers involved in the regions and plan accordingly.

Now these are only my opinions, and I won't be the least bit insulted by the idotic,argumentative feckers that disagree, so please...,pull these ideas apart, but at least get on your keyboard and do something. let's have yours and get this thing going. Good luck to you all. Tom
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote