View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 AM   #54
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The US Constitution

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post

I'm still researching Lex Fori...but it seems to involve foreign law superceding local law...in certain circumstances. While researching, I found this regarding the three city-states. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information, but I have seen the same information elsewhere. Here is the link to the site http://www.911truth.ch/SMOM.html
Here is what the above link says about DC being a corporation:

"The 'District of Columbia Act of 1871' turned D.C. into a municipal corporation."

So it's a "municipal corporation."

Here is what an online legal dictionary says a municipal corporation is:

"...A municipal corporation is a city, town, village, or borough that has governmental powers. A municipality is a city, town, village, or, in some states, a borough. A corporation is an entity capable of conducting business. Cities, towns, villages, and some boroughs are called municipal corporations because they have the power to conduct business with the private sector....

...Municipal corporations are an important feature of the political structure of the United States. Incorporating a municipality gives it the freedom to form a society that is distinct from other localities in the state and around the country. This idea of local control is the same concept that animates the constitutional division of the country into a collection of smaller states. By giving municipalities some autonomy, individuals are more capable of participating in politics and gaining a measure of control over their lives than if political activity occurred only on the federal and state levels."

Here is the link to the full definition:

Municipal Corporation

I think the word "municipal" makes all the difference...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote