View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
dragondweller
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Transporting gold coins overseas

Well, I guess I'm just a little freaked out over the possibility of nuclear war. George Green mentions being south of the equator to avoid the radiation. So, it would be nice to have a place to go south of the equator before it's too late to hop on a plane. It would also be nice to be able to have spending money when I arrive.

I live in the Houston, TX area. I have no idea how safe this place will be in the years to come. It seems to be kind of a Rockefeller/Bush oil power hub, if you know what I mean. So, maybe it's safe and maybe it's not. I've only lived here for less than 2 years.

Just trying to plan for the future and have options. Are gold coins detected when you go through an airport metal detector? How do you even cash them in for some sort of local South American currency?

And George Green mentions all debt being eliminated. Does that mean I should rack up some credit card debt while I still can and buy more stuff of value?

Again, who knows what will happen and when. Everyone's got their opinions, I guess.
dragondweller is offline   Reply With Quote