Thread: Sleep paralysis
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #8
Event_Horizon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Sleep paralysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Has anybody experienced a blue light and horrific droning noise as they were entering paralysis?

Its only happened to me once that I remember, but what happened was that I became aware of a horrible drone and blue light, then I realised I was paralysed, then panicked.

I remember I was lying on my side and could just about manage to open my eyes in the dark. I saw 4 or 5 beings at my bedside, but they did not look solid, more ghostlike. They were typical greys but I could only make out their shape and eyes, there was no physical features other than that like a nose or mouth - just big black eyes in their heads.

Next thing I know i'm on my belly and I'm being pulled down and off the bed, and I'm screaming and swearing and screaming at my wife to "wake up!". She remained asleep and never heard me and I was helpless.

Next thing I know, I'm lying in my bed open my eyes and its dawn. My first thought was "did that really happen?"

Second thought was "bad dream and sleep paralysis", and assumed the beings I had seen were imposed into my memory because I had recently been reading "Above Top Secret" by Timothy Good, and various other books on the Alien/UFO subject.

I explained it all away to myself, with known phenomenon like sleep paralysis, but lately I wonder if that really exists or if we are just told it does by experts?

What I mean is, to me, sleep paralysis is just a theory, an explanation but is there any credible evidence to say that it is any more real than aliens/abductions?

People always ask for proof, I always ask for credible proof regarding all sorts of paranormal things, but there really never is any. But then, I'm beginning to think, where also is the proof for sleep paralysis as a condition that is entirely to do with your mind? Is there any?

I only accept it because psychologists tell us it exists as a fact.

So now I'm thinking...were these beings REAL? Its easy to say I dreamt it all.

By the way, I was too embarassed to ask the neighbours if they had heard any screaming and shouting. I had convinced myself it was "just sleep paralysis" and a vivid dream.

But now, 10 years later, I find myself questioning what sleep paralysis really is.

Hmmmmm!!!
I have thought about the fact it may be abduction, but i guess i have trained myself to believe that its just something normal that happens when you sleep. I too have heard the droning noise, and also an intense high pitched effect which isn't a noise, it seems like one but it is actually inside my head. It's not an external noise. One time it happened I found myself surounded by walls, smooth white ones and a bright light. I told myself it was just a dream. Now days i am more open to the posibility that it may be something else.
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote