View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #24
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Billy Meier discussion cont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
The only thing I know of Meier is at least 25 yrs old.

I own copies of the first two large (18 inch X 18 inch) "coffee table books" of his pictures. One is called "Contact With The Peiades" the other... I forget, would have to go dig it up.

I just tried to find them on Amazon, and they didn't turn up.

Are they out of print?

Anyway, Meier, like many, may have succumbed to what I call the "Psychic Phenomena", or "Publish or perish" form of coercion:
  • Someone has a truly unique experience, insight, or whatever, (hell! Everyone has them on occasion.) and tells the world.
  • Then, along comes another one. Now they start to collect people who "hang on their every word", for one reason or another.
  • People begin asking question, beyond the scope of their experience. They try their best to answer.
  • Someone proposes acting as their "agent", or business manager. For a fee/percentage, of course. (Next comes the dreaded "Business Plan")
  • Next thing you know, the people surrounding them actually expect... hell, demand! they spit something out on schedule!
  • This last one devolves to where they are actually expected to provide some psychic dissertation for every event, from leaves falling to cow farts.
Now, whether it is from their own kindness, not wanting to disappoint people, or their, or someone else's greed, they find themselves strapped to a treadmill. Too painfull to step off, or too tempting to resist, whatever. They come to a place in their "career" when you have to wonder:
Is there that much cohesive vision among all these people, or are they just all Googling the same words... quoting each other? A kind of "recombinate vision".
When I add up all the "odd" bits of synchronicity I have experienced in my life I know I could never make a career out of it. I also know if I were "in that mode" all the time, I would both:
a) Be completely insane, within a month, ro two, or
b) Be somewhere mentally that I'd be completely useless, in terms of seeing anything useful to anyone else.

You mileage may vary. But there's my 2 cents worth.

Fred
Billy may have had contact way back when but it's seemingly peculiar how the frequency of contacts has increased exponentially with the advances of the Internet. Are his E.T’s techno freaks?

The above quoted analogy can also be pointed fairly and squarely to some of PC's video featured commentators. I swear if a very loud fart noise was recorded over Nelsons column one of these guys would have inside info or a bare minimum of a mysterious black ops contact, to enlighten us as to the use of sound waves to create toxic aromas.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote