View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
WiNaDeYo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: All things Merlin

This may and may not be what's really happening... but I'd bet that you are just now more aware and on alert to this kind of range of vocabulary, that you register it consciously whereas before you "heard" it but it didn't ring any bells in your head.

An example... a few years ago I needed to buy a new car and it took me 2 months of visiting sales lots to finally decide on a Ford Focus Stationwagon. After I had bought the car and was driving it, quite proud of myself, I started noticing that there were lots of the same model and mostly same color on the roads. Even my next door neighbor and a guy across the street had one! I had never noticed this before buying the car!

I personally was quite supprised and bewildered by this, and it certainly opened my eyes to how oblivious one may be to things until the stimuli become conscious.

Coming back around to your query... the other night here on the Italian TV, there was a film on King Arthur where he was an ex-roman soldier and Genevre was a rebel woman warrior, an interesting twist on the standard story.

And since I'm mentioning things like this, there is a weekly program called "Voyager" that documents mysteries and almost every episode talks about things we talk about on this forum. Cool!

Pace e Bene!
WiNaDeYo is offline   Reply With Quote