Thread: Amen Ra
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #262
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Amen Ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWolf View Post
Yes I remember reading something along the lines of that.

It's kind of like Ra being merged with a bunch of other gods and then becoming known as Amen-Ra or Amon-Ra, etc.

Winter Wolf
Yes...I think you get it.....these are gods and goddess' of the people that worship them.

In the Leydon hymns Amun Ptah and Re are regarded as a trinity who are distinct gods but with unity in plurality."The three gods are one yet the Egyptian elsewhere insists on the separate identity of each of the three".

Amun represented the essential and hidden
Ra represented revealed divinity.
Ptah was the craftsman..the creator of the world and everything in it.

Trinity? Now that does smack of religion....And Isis has been equated to the Virgin Mary...holding baby Jesus/Horus.

This is why I return often to Thoth..who was the "scribe" of much of this legend. But how much is Myth? How much is Truth wrapped in lore?

As micjer said earlier..."Dreams and the bible to me are both metaphoric"...... As are the messages from ones such as Thoth.

When I see things written on the flower of Life, and the merkaba. When I see great reference to "sacred geometry"...my ears perk up.

When I see the messages it the Great Pyramid...as to the construction...I know that much of this "myth" has truth in it. And it is up to us to decipher the truth..and find validation whenever possible. To turn "myth" into a decipherable understanding.

Last edited by BROOK; 01-11-2010 at 04:03 PM.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote