Thread: Illinois
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #19
lightworkers
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Chicago, IL

Sweet home, Chicago...
Hello all.
I was born in Glendale Heights and lived in all kinds of areas both around and in Chicago itself.
Couple years back, I moved to Florida and when I realized how STUPID that was, I moved to North Carolina.
Here are some reasons this was a good idea:

The Appalachian Mountains. They are the oldest in the world. They used to be as tall as Everest but Time has whittled them down and now they roll pleasantly, covered in trees and greenery. You can feel the spirits in this land.

Asheville. This town is extremely focused on local, natural commerce. When the economy overall has gone to s**t, Asheville's economy has actually gotten better. I'm not gonna tell you gas is any cheaper, but I have tentative faith that the people here will not rape and pillage one another... at least not like in Chicago. I'm sorry, the city is just too big.

The land. You can grow just about anything here. The season is long and mild and its not too hard at all to grow your own food. There are two organic gardens on the land where I live right now. Its too bad the owner is completely refusing to even think something bad could really happen. She's waiting to see it on the news.

I know a lot of you are thinking of Wisconsin as a good alternative to the city... Think of the winters. You'll need tons of wood and thick bear skins and you know that cheese won't keep forever. We have winter here but not like Wisconsin.
Bottom line, go where you feel safe. We didn't know a soul when my girlfriend and I decided to come here. If you decide to come too, at least you know me.

See you soon!
lightworkers is offline   Reply With Quote