View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: is rain water safe?

Hi nivosh,

I collect rainwater on my small farm here in the northeast of Brazil. I drink it and it hasen't done me any harm so far. The only difference I have found is in the taste, where the rain water seems to taste a little 'woody'.

Of course you would have to take care to keep your collecting recepticles clean as it may not be the water that harms you, but the germs from your cistern or water tank.

As far as it being better than 'tap water' supplied from the local water authorities, it depends. They do filter the water and add chlorine. If you're okay with your water not having chlorine and you need to have it filteres, you can filter your own water by using an earthernware filter pot. Personally, both rainwater and tap water satisfies my thirst and cleans the house. It's your call.

You could play it safe and use the water for domestic use, like washing and domestic chores and drink mineral water.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivosh View Post
Hello friends.

We have a nice rainy season here in Israel, and i have bagan to collect the rain water
for drinking to avoid the mind destroying flouride and other nasty stauff put in our water.

The taste is great, But do Rain water really safe?

do you have any experiance with drinking rain water?

Last edited by Steve_A; 02-26-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote