Thread: Birds...
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Default Re: Birds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrangello View Post
When I was about 8 years old my parents took me and my brother on a trip around the U.S. for 2 weeks, grand canyon, yellowstone,mesa verde indian cliffs, reno, disneyland, badlands of south dakota ect. When we got to california we stayed for 5 days at my uncles house near disneyland. My uncle had 2 orange trees in his backyard and you could see disneyland from his backyard too.

Upon the first day of being there I was sitting in the backyard and a little sparrow bird came and landed on the table and as I put my finger out the sparrow jumped on my finger. I asked my uncle if he had ever saw this bird before and he said no. So everyday the sparrow returned and would land close and then jump on my finger. On the 5th day , our last day at my uncles we were about to leave , I was in the backyard when he landed again on the table only my little friend this time brought with him 5000 hummingbirds. All of them either landed in the orange trees in the backyard or just hovered there until it was time for the sparrow to bid farewell.

As the Sparrow took off to fly away I watched all the hummingbirds leave the orange trees and follow my little friend off into the distance. My uncle said he never saw the sparrow again after we left but I will always remember how divine and specail that was which left me with the feeling that I was very special too. I'll try and post a picture of the sparrow in a few days on my hand when I was 8.
Native American Legends
How the king of birds was chosen

http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Le...sen-Mayan.html
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote