View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: It's not what happens to you it's what you do with it - W Mitchell

wonderful post zeddo ... inspiring ...

this really is everyone's passport to the new journey ... this is where it begins ... it is about consciously taking responsibility for our actions ...

it is time to realize we had created what is and we will create what will be ... won't be anyone else ... won't be an external entity ...

it will be our internal selves who choose our destiny ...

how long now have we been so complacent to simply sit in the passenger seat of our vehicle and allowed others to drive us to where they believe it is best for our selves to be ... how did we figure that someone else knows more of what is beneficial for our own selves than us?

we place our selves in the passenger seat rather than in the drivers seat where we belong ... what we travel in is our own vehicle ... why shouldn't we be driving it ...

passenger seat has another name ... the victim chair ... the "i can't because that occured to me at some point in my life experience and this is now unfolding which really frightens me ... so i really can't ... i'm stuck here ... i can't see i have any other choices but to sit here and be driven in every other direction but the one that benefits me ... but that's ok ... at least i'm not responsible for my actions ..."

and that is it right there ... at least we are not responsible for our destiny ... we'd rather be complacent ... be ok with mediocrity ... just so our hands are off our steering wheels ...

and how will things change in our lives if we choose not to take responsibility and steer our selves to something new and improved?

if we cannot take responsibility for our own lives ... how will anything change for the positive globally ... it has to start from within our own selves ... we have to know we are MEANT ... to drive our own vehicles ... not keep handing our keys to another to do so ...

ah ... isn't it "easier" though to say ... i can't ... and complain endlessly about it ... that this world and the people in it are doing us wrong ... and to continue sitting our selves in the victim chair ... the passenger seat ...

this irresponsibility works for a short while ... sometimes we can even extend this for a longer period of time if our ego is that clever ... but eventually ... it doesn't work any longer ... sooner or later we have to either come to the realization we steer our selves to our own destiny ... or ... we give up completely that we simply die ...

is that what many in this world are doing ... dying a slow death ... placing our selves as victims ... pretending some other force created the muck this world finds itself currently in ...

then waiting for some "other" alternate force to save us from it all?

hahaha ... not going to happen ... not ever ...

it's not what happens TO you ... it's what happens FOR you ...

what happens FOR us ... is LIFE!

life isn't happening to us ... it's happening for us ...

what's happening for us are learning experiences ... we learn from these experiences in order to make choices for a more fulfilled journey ...

we can and we ARE ... meant to do both ... we are meant to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for our actions ... and we are meant to HAVE FUN with it ...

face our fears ... yes it can sting initially but deal with it ... deal with it right then and there and MOVE ON ... don't be sitting in the victim chair saying i can't ... if you say you can't then ... you can't ...

let's say we can ... let's say we CAN drive our own vehicles ALL of the time ... realizing FULL OWNERSHIP that we have of them ... and thereby ... experiencing an immense amount of fun doing so because we have rid our path of the fear of obstacles ... the "i can't" block ...

life is not doing anything TO us ... life happens FOR us ...

think about it for a moment ... what have you learned from life this day ...

what have you learned from life this day that will assist you to move from the passenger seat over to the driver's seat where you are meant to be ...

i know for my self i have learned zeddo has brought forth a tremendous thread ... one that resonated with me with where i am in my own life at this juncture ...

a post that has made me realize how fear can obscure our truth ... how ego can be very clever and slip us back into the passenger seat when we're not consciously aware of it ...

when we're not living our truth ...

thank you zeddo ... great post ...

i am ... always learning ... i am ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote