View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #9
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What's in your vagina?

Remember the toxic shock deaths in the 1980s? (From tampons.) From that time, other products became available, like as this woman said, moon caps, sponges, organic tampons and pads and so on. Some women even opt for surgery to stop menses altogether. Thanks for the post. Good resources in there. I agree, it's time. Cotton crops are the most heavily pesticided crop around, because it's not eaten. Yet... The animal deaths on the fields was alarming. I've heard about the suicides and terrible rashes of farmers in India.

Bt Cotton, Multinationals and Indian Farmer Suicides
By Alan White Monday, March 02, 2009
Farmers in India have lately been succumbing to suicide at an alarming rate, due to a combination of overindebtedness and crop failures. A compelling paper presented at this week’s International Association of Consumer Law Conference laid part of the blame on regulatory failures that permitted Monsanto Corporation to sell genetically modified cotton seed (Bt Cotton) representing it as disease resistant and high-yielding, when in fact it turned out to be neither.
http://pubcit.typepad.com/clpblog/20...-suicides.html

This is the guy she mentioned, hadn't heard of him

Genetic Roulette
The Documented Health Risks of Genetically Engineered Foods
by Jeffrey M. Smith - Eating genetically modified food is gambling with every bite. The biotech industry's claim that genetically modified (GM) foods are safe is shattered in this groundbreaking book. Sixty-five health risks of the foods that Americans eat every day are presented in easy-to-read two-page spreads.
http://www.geneticroulette.com/

The stats I read were that 80% of people in Canada (Greenpeace study) support GMO labeling. Yes, a person can shop organic, alternative, farm, but it still doesn't make it right in the big picture. The Monsantos still seem to push the idea that it "helps" - world hunger yada yada.

Don't even get me going on the Monsanto vs. Schmeiser court case in Saskatchewan, Canada. Monsanto called the canola seeds that blew onto Percy's farm its technology, and sued him!
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote