View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #333
PhiedPiper
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 2012 Nexus Event – Unknown Form of Energy comes our way!

Thanks for the encouragement Sanat,

The good news is that after a bit of research I managed to track down some software that might do the same thing I was going to attempt myself, so it might only need slight modifications for these purposes.

For any musicians out there, the idea is to have a second keyboard or 1-octave foot pedals along with your main keyboard (foot pedals are definitely better) to pick out new tonics with. The software can retune all the frequencies in any key so you are always using whole number ratios.

Luckily these days, there are great sample libraries of all the instruments, and if a vocalist adjusted to this way of doing things, they could probably handle it as well - there is no real compromise.

The resulting audio will feel a lot tighter, and 432Hz for musicians feels "fuzzier" than 440. Aside from that, using a full-bodied distribution across the entire frequency spectrum (good bass support, with high frequencies tapering off and representing mainly the harmonics of lower fundamentals), can really help to present the audio in a way that makes you feel it's all around you, instead of just in front of you.

If all goes well I could have a decent example within the week... keeping my fingers crossed!
PhiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote