View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
dragondweller
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Transporting gold coins overseas

Yes, I suppose my intentions are somewhat self-serving, but I also think that I can be more helpful to others if I can first help myself. I don't have a great deal of wealth, just an IRA of close to $100k that I was hoping not to lose, since I spent most of my young 35 year old life hoping to be able to retire or start a business some day.

I have no idea what the landscape of the financial world will be in the coming years. Will the dollar even exist? Will gold be confiscated, etc.? I'm trying to plan for the future and be able to have a good life and possibly share it with others, possibly relocating to a new safer country.

I saw some property for sale in Vilkabamba, Ecuador, but I don't have enough to purchase outright, and if I get some sort of mortgage, how will I pay it living out on a farm and no longer working as a software developer and having money coming in?

So, yes, considering it takes money to buy a plane ticket, grease palms, etc., I'm concerned about how to safeguard any wealth I currently have while I possibly move to a new country and hope for a decent life.

I don't think there's anything wrong with these types of concerns, unless you think it's more noble to toss my money in the river and give up hope and my will to live. It takes money to do things in our society whether we like it or not. Even this forum has a donation capability.

Last edited by dragondweller; 10-20-2008 at 03:00 PM.
dragondweller is offline   Reply With Quote