Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #51
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Gold & Silver Q & A

I jumped into Wamu Yesterday with what I had from selling the coins.

just about died when I read it was going to tank today, but waited for it to climb and dumped it off.

Turned my 2 into 4 in a week...

That was a fun ride...

The short sales are postponed until Oct 3rd, what are the experts predicting will happen after that?

After the US fiscal year ends, are they going to let it free fall again?
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:05 AM   #52
Xmen442002
Avalon Senior Member

Gold and silver will not save you from what is to come. How can you cash in so to speak if there is no currency to base the value of your gold on. This is going to be a global economic meltdown and it start right here in the US. Yes a new currency will arise out of this mess( probably a credit system, anyone remember Logan's Run)
There is no safe market in which to turn to.
When this does transpire, barter will be the only method of obtaining items of value.

Xmen
Xmen442002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:04 AM   #53
kopenhagen
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraya View Post
Zynox,
Not to get too much off topic, and back to my interest in what Benjamin Fulford is saying. He implies that the Sept. 30 U.S. Fiscal Year end will be the start of the unraveling of the U.S. economy. Which is the main reason I wanted to get into metals before that date. What does everyone else think?
Astraya
you're absolutely right, buy before end of Sep,may I ask from who do you purchase in CAnada? could you please provide the link?
thanks

I"m a Gem
kopenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:08 AM   #54
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a source for outside US banking management, AND particularly if you want to do it very privately....contact these folks.

www.rayservers.com

I've done business with them they are honest.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #55
astraya
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopenhagen View Post
you're absolutely right, buy before end of Sep,may I ask from who do you purchase in CAnada? could you please provide the link?
thanks

I"m a Gem
Hi Gem,

I bought from Bank of Nova Scotia but they are out of Silver Maple Leafs until 2009. So I'm looking elsewhere for those.

Hope that helps...
astraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #56
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmen442002 View Post
Gold and silver will not save you from what is to come. How can you cash in so to speak
Very valid point... what will you do carry a file and scale to the grocery store to buy bread and milk? And how much Gold or silver do you file off for a loaf of bread?

Gold and Silver in bullion are great if you plan to leave a country and need portable assets that are not dependent on 'local currency' but then taking large amounts of bullion out of the country is illegal... (its one of the things that Hitler was 'upset' about at the Jews...)

Also if people know you have gold... you will be a target very quickly

Quote:
When this does transpire, barter will be the only method of obtaining items of value.

Stockpile goods... make a list of
1) YOUR needs
2) Barter goods...

Even if NOTHING bad happens stockpile is a GOOD thing

1) If you buy in bulk when things are cheap (stuff that has a good shelf life) you can save TONS of money... for no other reason than saving money keeping a storefouse is a great idea

Example... Columbian coffee went on sale for 4.50 for a large can... we bought two years supply... Vacuum sealed cans... today that same coffee is selling fro 8.49...

2) In case of any emergency... weather, natural disaster, banks closing (WAMU) if you have a few months of food and water in the house... you will have time to think when things go bad... the Mormons insist that their people have a MINIMUM of a 72 hour kit on hand for each family member... on that you can grab on your way out the door in case of a New Orleans type situation

List of Items you should have...

Toilet Paper Sounds funny? Well when was the last time YOU went without it?

Coffee... if you drink it your addicted... if you don't it will be great for barter... same with alchohol... I even convinced a Mormon of this wisdom... because alchohol can always be used as an antiseptic as well as a pain killer

Aspirins... this is one medicine that is easy to keep long term, not a prescription and very inexpensive, but very useful

Water proof matches, Bic lighters

Hard Candies... again cheap and last forever... but great for barter...

Honey... lasts LITERALLY for ever... and has anti bacterial/antiseptic properties...

So make a list... think of things you couldn't live without.... then make a list of things the other guy would steal because HE can't live without

Oh and you need some protection and the will to use it... otherwise you will have many new friends and relatives visiting because YOU were smart enough to prepare...

One last thing a small deisel generator and a barrel of fuel (or one of those new solar powered generators)
Old 09-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #57
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Precious Metals as Transitional Tools

There have been lots of public and private responses that nudge:
"You can't eat gold."
"You'll be a target with gold."
"No one will accept gold when it all collapses."
"You'll blow an gold ounce on a loaf of bread."
All these statements feel to need simple clear responses.

My philosophy, experience, intuition and common sense are that:

Anyone with any level of resource in a collapse and transition will be deemed a target to some psychopath on the path. There is no escape from this in this world.

Unless one decides to equip and use weapons, then there is nothing left to do beyond form a community of trusted sober folks and share with each other. Share skills, share cool heads, share ideas, share common sense, share resources, food, tools and precious metals as a reasonable barter facilitator.

The remaining three items above, are all actually tangents of the same topic, how can precious metals serve as an effective barter and wealth mechanism?

The answer is simple, and that is to apply common sense to the questions:

Have an appreciable diversity of sizes of gold and at least some silver coins.

An example might be to have ten 1/10 ounce gold coins, each currently 'worth' about $90 US. Add to this one hundred silver one ounce coins, each currently worth about $14 US. I would barter my '$14' silver for your loaf of bread and thank you, when I am hungry!

Review the history of mankind, especially the recent US depression (1933, not the current one!) and the Russian and Argentinian 'collapses'. In all of these cases there are narrated descriptions of how metal shined as a barter tool.

I welcome questions about how some nuances may work, but respectfully submit the nay sayers may find some interesting reading, if they will search the net with easy inquiries like "Gold" "Argentina Crash", etc.

As a final nugget, please consider why precious metals have so many associated negative attachments. It is my belief there has been a long endeavor by governments and their puppet masters to discount the utility and the neutrality of gold. It feels like a well orchestrated agenda going back at least 250 years, maybe much further.

So, why would they not want such a powerful tool to be publicly accepted? I'll leave that for imaginative contemplation.

To the nay sayers, are your impressions on gold and precious metals yours, or absorbed programming? If you are not certain, please at least read the following and identify yourself in the next post here, and state publicly:

WHAT KIND OF A DOOMER ARE YOU?
http://www.peakoilblues.com/blog/?p=194

At least when I know this, I'll be better equipped to relate to you, on your terms.

~ namaste ~

__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Please be advised that I am not any form of a professional or paid investment adviser and each individual reading or posting questions or answers is responsible for their own investment decisions.

Last edited by Zynox; 09-21-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Zynox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #58
publius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky View Post

I also want to keep some cash for now and am considering to exchange part of the euros in CHF, because I believe there might also come a meltdown of the euro. What is your opinion on the CHF, might that be a good choice also?

Sky
I think the CHF is one of the few sound currencies left on the planet. I have heard that Austrian and Danish currencies are also gold-backed, but I am yet to verify this. I am currently attempting to get my father to dump his dollars and buy francs. As for Euros, I am not confident that they have a good long term future. They are just another low-rent fiat currency whose value rests in the hands of... I wonder who?

Not to be alarmist, but it may do everyone a bit of good to bear in mind that if things go bust in a truly catastrophic fashion, I am not certain that any conventional investment will be worth a damn. If food becomes scarce, for example, a ton of gold won't buy an egg. I would say that preparation of an emergency kit may be a sound idea at this time. Enough basics like food to live on for at least one year. Just a thought.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:15 AM   #59
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

QUESTION fer zynox or others.

ive been trying to buy silver coins in NY at stores and have about 1000 worth of eagles but now i cant get them ANYWHERE, not online either, unless i buy 500 ounces which i cant afford.

heres my question, BARS are still available at this time on MONEX.

i can buy a 100 ounce bar for around 1200-1300 something dollars. which is WAY cheaper than 100 one ounce coins.

silver and gold is silver and gold when theres a currency crisis dont you think? id prefer small denominations but a hundred ounce bar seems like a great deal as an alternative.

whadya think?

-kyle
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:36 AM   #60
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

ClarkKent (love the avatar and ID),

Follow thy heart, inner wisdom and such, my heart says grasp as thou wilt, but that is me, and the game and energies are now hyperbolic! Beyond some equations in math, I haven't got direct experience in these conditions! In a week, or a month, I'd be able to elucidate further, but not in this moment!

I SO recommend any with an open mind peek at the Half Past Human threads at:

Half Past Human
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=2205

and / or:

IMPORTANT - WebBot Predictions (October 7th Event) on Coast to Coast Sunday!
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=2762

~ namaste ~
Old 09-22-2008, 01:44 AM   #61
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

thanks zynox, (im a huge comicbook/film fan fyi -regarding my avatar )

ill check thse threads as you suggested, and for my intuition id rather have an unweildy silver bar than no silver at all, so there ya go

be well

-k
Old 09-22-2008, 01:50 AM   #62
Shellie
Banned

I will urge everyone on this thread to jump to the thread -What you need to know/David Icke
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:42 AM   #63
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Folks,

I have been informed from trusted source (to me) that the following dealer is available to ship immediate stock to US and Canadian addresses:

http://www.tulving.com/goldbull.html

Also, I have been informed that it is important to request a tracking number e-mail, as it is not an automated function, but they will upon request. Apparently they ship with insurance via Llyods of London, but I am unsure if they (Llyod's) may be interwoven with the AIG conglomerate or not.

As always, please do your own due diligence on this information. I have no association with this firm, and, no direct experience with them.

~ namaste ~

__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Please be advised that I am not any form of a professional or paid investment adviser and each individual reading or posting questions or answers is responsible for their own investment decisions.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:55 AM   #64
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

i told my girlfriend to buy from MONEX since they seemed like one of the bigger legit sellers. can anyone verify that they are ok to buy from?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:10 AM   #65
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
i told my girlfriend to buy from MONEX since they seemed like one of the bigger legit sellers. can anyone verify that they are ok to buy from?
at this point you should drive down to a coin shop...

from what I've heard their turn around is pretty slow right now, depending on what happens with the market when it opens, you might want to get on the road early...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #66
lohiaaditya
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Zynox,

Do you expect the gold to drop below 850$? I mean looking at the looming crisis, do you think that this is possible or it will only rise minus a negligible drop of a few dollars here and there. I bought gold the day before it went up $100. So now I am just wondering.

Thankx.

Aditya
lohiaaditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #67
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

lohiaaditya,

I feel there will be a continual appreciation in value of all precious metals, and, most commodities, as the current global economic model and paradigm transitions. I use the term appreciation in value, because, if the US$ or other currencies depreciate say by a factor of 50%, and gold, as an example depreciated by 25%, then this is an appreciation in value of gold, in comparison to a particular paper currency.

I am converting my thinking, a day at a time, towards what will another sovereign individual be willing to mutually exchange for the resources I have accumulated, such as an acre of productive farmland for an ounce of gold, or an alternative energy creation for ten pieces of silver. I seek for precious metals to be a tool to facilitate these mutually beneficial exchanges.

I seek to extract myself, sequentially, from all levels of complicity in a banking and economic model that doesn't promote human growth, compassion and equal exchange. I feel this wave is here, and it will swell to wondrous proportions, with some challenges, and extreme benefit to humanity.

~ namaste ~

Old 09-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #68
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
List of Items you should have...

Toilet Paper Sounds funny? Well when was the last time YOU went without it?
Zorgon,

After the recent hubbub on maindreams news outlets, my mother e-mailed that what she has on her list is toilet paper and pitchforks ... seems those memes are propagating quickly.

Remember when things were a little more balanced and the great painting of the american farm family with the elder male with a pitchfork proudly displayed? I'd prefer that the mass consciousness and collective be peace aligned, but we're in transition now, and many methods will be used to create the next age, may it be, golden!

Transition Tip #1 - Useless paper currency may be used as a replacement for toilet paper in need, since I haven't seen a Sears catalog in a long time.

~ namaste ~

Last edited by Zynox; 09-24-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #69
historycircus

Greetings!

This thread is interesting indeed, and have a few thoughts/questions of my own.

It seems to me that those who are investing in gold today, are those who feel it will bring some sort of economic security tomorrow - in a system that is merely an extension of what is already failing. Could precious metals be the way that the PTB keep those who see the insanity of the current paper currency debacle plugged into an economic system based on THIER control? Are the buyers of gold and silver today opening themselves up to the unpleasant scrutiny of the NWO tomorrow? Just a thought.

Will gold and silver be viable in the type of community we all seek (i.e., the "radiant zones")? Will it be a form of currency? Will it be an item of exchange? Or will it be the butt of jokes?

I am in no way attempting to insult, malign, or discredit the advice of George Green.

What do you all think? Should gold - beyond its value for conduction in microchips - be of any value to us in the future? If we do value it after a collapse, are we not buying into the same mentality that has been foisted on us for generations?

Peace, love, and funny colors to you all,

HistoryCircus - because history is full of clowns.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:01 AM   #70
mukk

I have invested in gold and silver. I travel and live in Shanghai china part of the year. I recently brought with me many of my gold coins in my pocket ( thanks george) and was not an issue in fact they did not even notice. I think traveling is ok at this time. Who knows what will happen if all hell breaks loose. I bring gold coins with me as a safe back up...just in case..i do not want to be trapped here in china is everything goes up in smoke....

stay positive

mm
Old 09-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #71
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
Could precious metals be the way that the PTB keep those who see the insanity of the current paper currency debacle plugged into an economic system based on THIER control?

Will gold and silver be viable in the type of community we all seek (i.e., the "radiant zones")? Will it be a form of currency? Will it be an item of exchange? Or will it be the butt of jokes?

If we do value it after a collapse, are we not buying into the same mentality that has been foisted on us for generations?
Welcome HistoryCircus!

I have enjoyed our convergences on other threads and encourage your perspectives here, I have grokked a lot from our other exchanges, and enjoy the challenges you present.

I trust few politicians, and I work towards embracing the next phase of folks that serve as mediators and elders in a more rhizome type structure of nurturing management of the planet.

Ron Paul has said (link in previous post in this thread):
In Government We Trust? Part 1

"Many who agree with me on a lot of other issues, do not understand my enthusiasm for gold and sound money or why I spend so much time studying and talking about monetary policy. It's true that I talk about money differently than most, but the fact is sound money offers many benefits. For example – peace."
I deem peace as first priority, as without it, we can't solve poverty, economic challenges, education challenges or any other critical transition to golden age issues, because war is parasitic vamprism on ever conceivable level, so as Ron says, and I agree, step by step, honest restrictive healthier money, leads to peace. One of our critical first movements.
  • They outlawed gold as money in the US for a reason, and then only re-instituted in a non-circulating fashion.
  • They totally abandoned gold as a backing of the US$ for global trade balances.
  • Gold restricted their plans, and we may use it as a tool towards peace.

Remove the noose before trying to step off the gallows.

~ namaste ~
Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 AM   #72
historycircus

They, they, THEY, Zynox (not Robert Heielen, he's OK in my book)!

Ron Paul is a joke (as a viable representative of the people given our current system, not as a human being. I personally like the guy . . .)!

What I am saying is that the "value" of gold comes from the likes of Them, them, THEM. What is gold really worth? Can you eat it? If you wear it, who notices, and then thinks you worthy of thier attention for doing so? If you spend it, who takes it as valid currency, and reports that they have done so to their superiors? If you reject it, who cares - other than the system that has told you you are crazy for doing so?

Eight years ago, an ounce of pot (the "controlled substance") was worth more than an ounce of gold (at least in Cali, and it had to be very good, quality pot) - verify through the HT THMQ index if you wish (I will not explain the acronyms - google, you will find). Now we are approaching a thousand bucks an ounce for gold. The same people behind the rise in value for this metal are the same people who will be there when you cash it in to take advantage of said value.

I respect you, and wish not to project an attitude of disrespect. Your opinions have value to me.

Peace and Love to you, our readers, and families.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:07 AM   #73
bilderburger w/cheese
Avalon Senior Member

buying gold/silver:

apmex and tulving are reasonable and reliable according to the kitco gold forum members. monex is to AVOIDED.

https://www.kitcomm.com/forumdisplay...e=9&order=desc

the chip gold is an affordable idea, and its available at kitco. (if i recall, the members thought that kitco was okay. they seemed to be high on apmex and tulving for the best prices and service, though).

i have an order coming tomorrow from tulving, so i cant personally confirm nor deny that theyre great until i have the order in my hands.
bilderburger w/cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:12 AM   #74
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Having dealt with both cannabis, legally in Canada, and precious metals I'd like to chime in on this thread and say this. Cash is useless.
I have friends whom cultivate the very best cannabis, that will be a barter item in the near future.
That said.
I also have enough metals to cover the mortgage payments for the next 3 years. That is not all that much metal since I pay very little and cover the entire mortgage/tax/insurance payments with my rent. I would sincerely urge everyone to buy enough metals to stay put over the next three years.
The decision is yours of course, but we here at the 'idea' farm have been trying to allocate a small amount of currency into the best possible use. We've put up a greenhouse, grow alot of our own food and have about $30,000.00 in metals. We also ow guns, arte looking at buying Dexter cattle and doing other things. But if you have currency printed upon paper...it is worth the same as the paper would cost. Get out of paper yesterday.

As for Canuck metals dealers with inventory
sigh, maybe I shouldn't...
https://www.jandm.com/defaultsecure.htm

But I will because, because it really doesn't matter at this point. I have mine, I buy a bit here and there, but c'est la vie. Get it while and if you can.
The point of the metals being worthy come from our ancient seafaring/trading past and actually make sense once you've looked into it.
It's not a way to get rich, it's a way of avoiding being broke.

I hope that helps
I'd rather have my store of seeds (which I do and sell) than gold, but banks don't take them as trade. Keep te bank happy, keep the people that live on the farm happier........
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:25 AM   #75
historycircus

Bilderburger with cheese,

While I feel your intentions, since you are here, are good, I can't help but lament your lack of sensitivity.

Gold, platinum, and silver will soon have no value, beyond use value.

Those who believe this will suffer immediately, and survive.

Those who don't will suffer later, survive, and encounter those who gave up on the so-called precious metals as a saviour long ago. For those looking to prolong your fate, be aware that not all groups on the "outside" will be interested in service-to-others.

"Liquidity" is a viable term. But it is what we choose to liquidize that determines the modus operandi of any society. Shall it be metal? Or shall it be our intent, our goals?

You decide.

Tags
gold, precious metals, silver