Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Resources > Sharing Resources

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Default Movie from the 1980's by John Carpenter "They Live"...shows aliens living among us...

Nada, a down-on-his-luck construction worker, discovers a pair of special sunglasses. Wearing them, he is able to see the world as it really is: people being bombarded by media and government with messages like "Stay Asleep", "No Imagination", "Submit to Authority". Even scarier is that he is able to see that some usually normal-looking people are in fact ugly aliens in charge of the massive campaign to keep humans subdued.

http://movielab.tv/they-live,7166.html

I think Carpenter was way ahead of his time or just knew more than most in the 1980's.
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Movie from the 1980's by John Carpenter "They Live"...shows aliens living among u

I'll have to add it to my netflix queue, sounds like a fun watch!
I wish they would put "Wavelength" (the film mentioned by Arthur Neumann in his 'Henry Deacon' interview) on dvd, i think i may have seen it back the day of it being a current vhs rental with my friends because we loved all the films Tangerine Dream did soundtracks for. I also wish "The Keep" was on dvd as well.
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Movie from the 1980's by John Carpenter "They Live"...shows aliens living among u

It's a 'B' movie but it has an interesting premise and so much of it rings true now that I know what is going on under the surface especially the elites being the aliens!

I looked for the movies you mentioned but did not find them on this site, other than that they have a great variety of movies for free.

Hope you like it!

Love and Light to Avalon!
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

This is a great film old but so to the point i feel, you don't need the glasses you can see them walkiing past you on the street, lol!!!
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote