Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #26
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 2 misconceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by taomation
Ego, is thinking that you alone have all the answers to spirituality and that everyone else is wrong.

Arcora answered:

For the record, I have never claimed to have all the answers - quite the opposite. I have said repeatedly "I know what I know and I know what I don't know".

I knew that creating this thread would generate a negative response from certain members and I resisted creating it because I would prefer to avoid comments like yours and others that are sure to follow.

I was asked to do it and I complied. Accept it or reject it - it's up to you.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I don't see where you are attacked here so why answer in such a defensive tone?
I think you made a great post and think taomation made a complementary remark.
That's how I see it.

Last edited by Peer; 11-02-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #27
Alexandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareheart View Post
Alexandra...I agree completely. Misconceptions rule the day here and everywhere. The trouble starts with language itself. Communication, even in its most basic form requires comparisons. Perhaps the most basic form of data transference is the computer "bit". It exists in one of only two possible states...on or off (it's really a magnetic pole orientation difference between the two)...anyway...
To keep this as simple as possible:
When we begin to compare things, we judge them...these judgments happen each moment we are aware...without our knowledge (mostly). When we get down to the nitty-gritty...we realize that we do in fact have the ability to choose our reactions to any judgment we assess.
For instance...your driving carefully down the road and someone suddenly cuts you off...you have an opportunity to react in many possible ways. Some people instantly take offense, and feel as if they have been a victim of some sort, and wish to retaliate, perhaps. Others just go on driving, as if nothing happened. It basically depends which end of the spectrum of emotions you choose to draw from.
Love and Fear are polar opposites
Ask anyone who has been in combat. Love for their fellows trumps Fear...and motivates heroic actions.

as far as "service to self" and "service to others"...the line gets a lot fuzzy there...because while in service to others...one also serves himself.
Maybe someone else can help me out here?

All Love.
I agree. Service to self does entail service to others and vice et versa. I believe this is a concept many confuse. There is no black and white, per se, but various combinations of the two.

I believe; and I say I BELIEVE [not required by anyone else], that fear is a normal response to given situations and should not be ignored or buried. Fear should be faced, dealt with, and one should move on from there. A lot of illness comes from suppressed fears that are buried in the psyche because
people feel it is wrong to be afraid. It is unhealthy to dwell on fear for extended periods of time as well. Actually, focusing on anything, positive or negative, exclusively, is unhealthy. Balance in all things is the key toward health and wisdom.

The analogy of the car cutting one off is typical. Most do respond , at least in Connecticut, by rage [ this is anger, not fear]. If someone does that to me I just say "hey, apparently this is important to you, go for it". No need to get upset. I call this kind of thing the Me First Syndrome. Where I originate from, people are a tad more polite.

Alexandra

Last edited by Alexandra; 11-02-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #28
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

>

Last edited by dayzero; 11-26-2008 at 11:21 AM.
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #29
Alexandra

Dayzero,
Could you be specific in mentioning to whom it is you are addressing? This would be helpful. Thanks.

Alexandra
Old 11-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #30
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

At the risk of sticking my nose where it may not belong...I'll attempt an answer to your query Alexandra.

I believe dayzero was addressing the OP (original post) of this thread...hence, addressing the poster as well.

But, I could be wrong.

oh and btw ...I agree with these sentiments:
Quote:
focusing on anything, positive or negative, exclusively, is unhealthy. Balance in all things is the key toward health and wisdom.
also...and this is just my "belief"...anger stems from Fear...as do a myriad of other negative emotions.

Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #31
Alexandra

Quote:
At the risk of sticking my nose where it may not belong...I'll attempt an answer to your query Alexandra.

I believe dayzero was addressing the OP (original post) of this thread...hence, addressing the poster as well.

But, I could be wrong.

oh and btw ...I agree with these sentiments:

also...and this is just my "belief"...anger stems from Fear...as do a myriad of other negative emotions.

Thank you for the answer. I did not realize that OP meant original post. Apparently, I am a little dumb in that department

I had always heard that anger stems from rejection and is the lack of love. Also that people usually hate someone they love more than a stranger when they feel slighted. Lack of love is not fear although fear can contain a lack of love. This is one of those illogical logic statements.

Alexandra
Old 11-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #32
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

If we don't ask...we won't know, dear.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #33
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member

Hi everybody,

I just would like to say that the misconceptions of love and wanting to become a superior and god-like being are both natural. We are born with the ability to love ourselves first and then come our parents, friends, etc. If you can learn to start loving others like you love yourself, then you are beginning to awaken from your deep sleep of spiritual denial. The only time when you go into deep depression or have suicidal tendencies, you have begun to hate yourself. If you stop loving yourself, there are no reason to live. Because love doesn't exist anymore in your heart.

The two Greatest commandments from Yahushua (The Son of Yahweh):

1. Love your Creator (Father Yahweh) with all your heart, all your mind, and all your soul.

2. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

All of the commandments of Yahweh hang upon these two Great commandments. Because Yahweh is the Elohim of Love. That is why when I said that when you begin to love others as yourself, you have started to "awaken" a deep consciousness inside of you that Yahweh has placed there when you were born. All of us are born with the "essence" of Elohim (God) inside of us.

Read this:

Genesis 2:7 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

What is a living soul? It is the "essence" of your Creator. Because Father Yahweh's essence is life. Life is the essence of Love. Remember these words. For death is the essence of evil. Now you understand why Satan is evil. He wants death and destruction in this world.

When we have this "essence" inside of us all, we have what you call love. Because of this essence, we have two very common traits in all human beings. We know how to love ourselves and to love others eventually. We want to worship somebody or something. We want to worship period. If you are not worshiping or following Yahweh, then you will be following something else, even if it's yourself. Some people may follow Muhammad or Buddha, others will follow the "New Age" movement of nature's spirituality, or you may follow yourself. I know some people even worship various rocks. They believe that certain rocks and crystals can give them a spiritual change of some sort.

If you raise yourself into the "god" status, then you are worshiping yourself. You may not realize it. But it is true. Re-direct that love and worship back to the Father, which is in Heaven. Because He created you. Don't worship the creation (everything that you see, feel, taste, hear, and touch...including yourself and other people & things), ONLY worship the Creator and ALL THINGS will be given onto you.

Allow me to be blunt with you. Don't take this the wrong way. Yahweh does want you to reach the status of a god. But you can not do this by yourself nor with anybody's help, including Satan. Yahweh will give you everything. But you must become His children. His love is the result of the beautiful things that He will give to you. Certain things He will give to you which I can't explain at this point. And one of those things is being in His family. Do you not want to share this wonderful, wonderful love with Him? His love is boundless. And one of these things is the gift of life eternal, which is one of the gifts of being a what? Elohim. Elohim is the plural form of many "mighty beings." That is why when I say Yahweh Elohim, I am talking about a FAMILY of "mighty beings." DO NOT take this message as a means to seek a "god-like" status with Yahweh. It will NEVER happen to you if you DO NOT HUMBLE YOURSELVES BEFORE HIM!! You can not be a thief and climb or dig yourself into the Kingdom of Heaven another way. He will not allow it.

Humble yourselves, love Yahweh and others as yourself or more, seek the Kingdom of Heaven, and you all will understand Yahweh's true plan of salvation. Before then, you will never understand.

-Phillip
ctophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #34
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Arcora, I can agree with your first point, but don't forget, evil spirits need love too.

I mean, so they feed on love?
I like to feed the birds at the park, I like to feed the fish in the pond, I like to feed the ants in my kitchen.
You say we should help those around us, well not all of us can afford to give to others, but haven't we all got access to love? Why not share some with the spirits around me, if that's what they need?

Don't worry I'm not that naive. I wouldn't give all my bread to the birds when I need some for myself, or my family. I just don't see that paranoia will be any benefit.
I mean, am I going to run out, of love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
...We are in prison.
For what crime?

You say we must be wary not to trust our captors, yet we must prostrate ourselves before the Judge...?
Aren't they the same guys?

Myself, I have a rebel mind.
Here's my reply to any judge:

It's not necessarily ego that drives the rebel in me, just a questioning nature.
I want to know how things work and why, but not just why is it that way, but why should it be?

Questioning the justification for 'the way things are' and having some passion to do something about it, that's how we create our own reality.

Silence is consent.

Regarding 'creating our own reality', you are aware of the Placebo effect?
You've probably heard of this too, but I recommend the Red Ice Creations site and their archive on the Holographic Universe.

Quote:
How does an inmate acquire parole? Does he go to the judge and say "I'm as good as you and thus, you have to let me go free."?
You're assuming it's ego behind such a claim.
I'd say we don't need to ask at all. We simply go free - when we realise we are as good as him – or to be more precise, we are him…

That's a liberating experience.
That's enlightenment.

As Michael Tsarion has said, 'enlightenment' is not necessarily just about receiving 'light' as opposed to 'darkness', but also light as opposed to ‘heavy’, like a weight being lifted.

A relief.
Breathe easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora
Those little lies are devastating. Be careful what you believe because there aren't many parole hearings left to be had.
I think you’re dragging something heavy here my friend.

Firstly, Lies? So?
Are we not honest truthseekers here?

As I've said before, Honesty is what gives me the right to be wrong - without being punished for it.

Shouldn't the deceiver be the one punished, not those who have been honest in their attempts to sort out what's been presented to them in their lives?

Secondly, you're saying time is running out?
Until what?

What's so big and bad that we should worry?
Is our 'eternal fate' at stake here?

This whole idea of some judge making a 'final' decision about us that will doom us to ...what?

Are you saying 'hell'?
Are you just saying we'll miss the next ascension wave passing through the galaxy?

I don't know what you really believe, but I don't believe any fate is eternal. Where'd the justification be for that?
Where's the logic behind it?
What point would it serve?

What loving Creator would enforce that?

If the consequences are not eternal, what does it matter?

Life is not a test. We don't pass or fail.

It all just adds experience.
Experience generates awareness.
Awareness builds to enlightenment.
Enlightenment is the liberation.

If people here can pull off living a lovey dovey, happy fairyland life, without harming anyone else, why not?
More power to them.

Last edited by 100thmonkey; 11-02-2008 at 07:23 PM.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #35
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

as far as "service to self" and "service to others"...the line gets a lot fuzzy there...because while in service to others...one also serves himself.
Maybe someone else can help me out here?

All Love.
"Charity is really self-interest masquerading under the form of altruism.
There are two types of selfishness. The first type is when I give myself the pleasure of pleasing myself. That's what we generally call self-centeredness. The second is when I give myself the pleasure of pleasing others. That would be a more refined kind of selfishness. It is hidden, very hidden, and for that reason more dangerous, because we get to feel that we're really great.

A good is never so good as when you have no awareness that you're doing good.
The great Sufi would say, " A saint is one until he or she knows it."

Taken from the book, Awareness, by Anthony De Mello.
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #36
symbolon
Avalon Senior Member

Arcora...thank you for sharing your truth.
symbolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #37
arcora
Banned

xxx

Last edited by arcora; 11-12-2008 at 01:11 AM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:25 AM   #38
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member

A hungry person true does not care why they are being fed may I add that it is a selfless act in most cases. An act IMO that invokes ego would be one that would require any strings with it. I would say when one places conditions it becomes a service or type of behavior expected out of the person no longer an act of charity but an act of obedience or service requested. Two different types of what many call charity. Also when one gloats about such charity or brags it is no longer charity but an act that invoked self. One difference again my opinion if one tells the story to encourage others this changes it to disclosure and not ego tripping. Much has to do with intention of anything said or done.

Great thoughts on the cookies Acora I would have been thrilled for my mum or dad to have baked cookies or us to have done so together. After reviewing this thread and many of the posts I personally do not see many differences among the people involved here and elsewhere. Great to air this out in the open. Whatever pathway one chooses it is freely theirs to choose and does not really matter how they go about it really.

Love & Peace
Trish
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #39
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Priceless. Really.
Interesting read.
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #40
Alexandra

Arcora?
Take a deep breath and relax. Balance is something that we all need to practice once in a while. It is called being in a neutral space.

Balance is not about balancing good and evil. Balance is about coming to that peaceful space within where thoughts become more cleared and not biased to one side or another. From that central space is where good decisions are made from the heart not from the [computer] brain.

The problems, as I see them, [remember my opinion not the gospel], is everyone's version of his/her truth varies from another's. Each, in turn thinks that they have the truth. Each do have the truth, for them, in their stage of development.

All truths and levels are normal and part of the process. When we are children, we believe certain things. When we are pre adolescents we think those things are childish. When we become teenagers we know that we know everything and everyone else is dumb [sleeping]. When we reach adulthood growing towards middle age then we begin to discover that we really don't know anything; and that everyday is a new adventure and lesson.
upon the planet. We are more open and tolerant of others, knowing full well that they too will learn. Now this example is not meant for literal physical age groups but for emotional evolutional groups, which in reality can be comprised of any physical age persons.

Summarily, no one doubts your faith or objects to your beliefs for you. It is just not their belief at this point in time and they do not want to be told what to do anymore than you want to be told what is right. Would it not be better to listen, acknowledge, and take what you need and leave it at that?

Alexandra
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 AM   #41
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Everybody! Gregor here!

Okay, so I just spent the last twenty minutes reading this, and didn't fully read everything, just don't have the time anymore. But let's have some fun here, and digest some of these 'truths'. The pyschology of the moment at hand, with the thread and all, is really interesting I must say, however, it seems people are drifting away from some important aspects of the conversation.

So let's talk about co-creation, and some of the blatant denial of this and the term god. First off, I am completely on the other side of the argument with this, as it has been stated, but many people are MISINTERPRETING this notion.

Now, if people have picked up on my persona and the way I approach things philosophically I always have my good friend Mr. Math by my side, as its a fundamental truth that can always stick by my side going into an argument. However, to engage that concept one must accept that math is nature, and nature is math. They are one in the same.

Anyone here familiar with chaos theory? In essence, any little one thing we do affects the ENTIRE system at hand. You deciding to sleep on your side over your back can change the entire course of the universe. We are a perfect mathematical system interwoven with conscienceness/thought that is interconnected on every level of reality. NOTHING IS SEPARATE. One who chooses to believe that we are indeed separate is one of the true pillars of the negative polarity that most people don't realize.

And with that notion, we are all gods. Everyone single piece of existence is a god, as we are also all one, for any change within the system affects the entire system at hand. People put forth that being a god sometimes means we can change things to the point of wishful thinking which the movie/book "The Secret" propagates which is essentially misleading. Any action or decision we make AFFECTS existence on a micro and macrocosm scale if not directly realized.

Take a look at this picture I just made:

This can explain two different concepts to how things actually work (when I say actually is because it's mathematically sound). The center point is the present moment, with to the right the future, and the left the past. We're more concerned with the future at the moment so I'll stick with that. Anyways, wishful thinking implies anything is possible to happen at the next coming moment, which is technically not right. If I am in my room, the only things that say could happen next is I stay in it, I walk out, an asteroid hits my house so on... I'm not suddenly going to appear on Saturn while chilling out with the council of elders just cause I wish it. However, if I put that thought out there that hey I wanna meet these guys, and some how figure out the dynamics to actually pull it off (as remote as it may seem!), then it could actually happen. Cause the farther you descend into the future, the more potential for things are that can happen. Just thinking of walking from one spot. In one second, I have the potential to cover 1 foot in either direction, but in two seconds, I could cover two feet, and three seconds three feet. If you take into area now (with your lovely friend Pi), that amount of area increased exponentially in which you could cover and will continue to increase exponentially to where you reach a critical mass, aka infinity.

And this notion is intrinsically related to the notion if you do one action, if may not affect that much within the current moment, but in due time the repercussions of that action will grow exponentially, and it will affect the ENTIRE SYSTEM OF EXISTENCE!!! We are all co-creators of reality.

Let's talk about this Law of One biz, as Arcora seemed to imply some separateness ideology which really is harmful (And I don't mean offense tp you Arcora, I've loved the discussion so far). We are all intrinsically related on such a mind blowing scale.

Let's look at some number and set theory now. The number line consists of all numbers, ie infinity, 1, 2, 3, 4... Now let's say each individual or soul is an irrational number, such as the square root of 2, as there are also an infinite amount of irrational numbers. Well, an irrational number is a number you can not sum of with say a fraction or integer. It goes on forever (after the decimal point) for that number is another infinity within itself. Life is a fractal, and we each are an infinity within another infinity within another infinity.

To elaborate on these infinities, let's talk about it relation to the thought process. A closed minded individual, or say the ego, can be represented as the set [-x, x] where x could represent one's life experience or entire perspective of reality, with say both polarities on each end. An open minded individual, or say the true higher soul, can be represented as (-∞, ∞). This implies to be open minded one must take on the ideology that anything is possible.

I'll conclude this piece by laying out what I feel as that I have uncovered as the universal truths of reality which support this rational. A universal truth is in what the name implies. I have spoken of this before on Avalon. THESE TRUTHS CAN BE FOUND WITH IN ONESELF WITHOUT ANY OUTSIDE SOURCES OR INFLUENCES. You can be thrown in a jail cell from birth a discover these concepts on your own with brick walls around you and nothing more (even though it may be really really hard as personal experience is a major catalyst for this).

The first truth is mathematics and logic. This one can easily be proven to yourself. No matter what reality you are in, one plus one equals two. Phi is still 1.618, Pi is 3.141, and zero is the absence of or balance with a system.

The second truth is thought and conscienceness. This is one that people tend to usually have to prove on their own accord. Quantum theory and mainly aspects of science, including biology, can make a fair sense out of this. Many people shoot down Descartes, "I think, therefore I am," which i think is absolutely universal. The reason it gets shot down is that it implies a separateness of each other, but applying notion of fractals with infinities within infinities, we are indeed unique but still interrelated as one.

The third truth is beauty and love. This is the appreciation and understanding of the divine structure of the universe. It is the bridge between the first and second truth. This truth is what we have been discussing here at the moment. I plan on giving a presentation to go into this more in depth. The structure of the universe is defined by mathematics. The face you stare at in the mirror reflects phi in its proportions, and when those are in balance, people are considered more beautiful than those who are disproportionate (on a subliminal level). Music follows specific patterns of frequencies, and when the body dances to that, movements of phi are incorporated along with the laws of physics to allow those actions, along with calories being burned involving chemical breakdown of compounds. All in all, the moment is brought to you my mathematics. Even the stock market and the evolution of language in a society follow these patterns such as phi. This is where your thought interprets the moment, and sees the beauty within it.

Up until last week, I considered there only to be three of these universal truths. But it was through personal experience, actually it was just like Socrates talking with his student, were they arrived at a new philosophical concept. That was my Halloween night and it was indeed beautiful let me tell you. However, I do not think there are anymore as I will explain [as they are technically unnecessary], and as this is only a few days old, bare with me on explaining it as some might consider this more opinionated. It's really still in the works but to me its the most important of them all.

The fourth truth is that of the infinite learning of knowledge. [If] the reason of life is to learn and grow; to understand all that is, however, because knowledge is infinite, one will spend an eternity learning, thus propagating the cyclical cycle of life forever.

And with this the fourth truth encompasses the first three truths, and in turn dictates that every aspect of reality as mundane and insignificant as it may seem is just as important as the other piece of the puzzle, and that in all reality, all of this, every little piece of it to the last grain, is TRUTH.

My friends, welcome to truth.

Last edited by GregorArturo; 11-03-2008 at 06:38 AM.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #42
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Gregor, you just blew my mind.

Just this little bit here:
Quote:
ie infinity, 1, 2, 3, 4...
gives me new perspective.

I kind of already knew, but to see it presented that way was cool.
I usually see numbers going from 1,2,3,4 to infinity... but starting from infinity... there's something to ponder.
Replacing 0 with infinity...
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #43
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

>

Last edited by dayzero; 11-26-2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: bad feeling
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #44
purplesage
Avalon Senior Member

gettin' there arcora, but still a bit rooted in ego ('i know what i don't know' & guilt (can't be 'blamed' for bad stuff if not a co-creator). that's not a judgment, just a 'been there, done that' observation.
i spent so many years seeking the truth, & it has brought me back full circle. Gregor elaborated on some real 'truths' - & that's why I use each day as an opportunity to love, see beauty, learn & share. anything more is just (chocolate) icing on the (white) cake.
purplesage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #45
sunny D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taomation View Post
Ego, is thinking that you alone have all the answers to spirituality and that everyone else is wrong.
.........So true....Namaste
sunny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #46
arcora
Banned

xxx

Last edited by arcora; 11-12-2008 at 01:11 AM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #47
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Gregor, let me congratulate you on your passion! Fantastic & inspiring- I know that you were blown away on the other thread about proportions and clues left by the designers of the anti-gravity machine, I was too as I have heard that how the pyramids were built, but that's not important now anyway. I wish I had your aptitude for maths, lucky fella. .........So as there are a lot of very interesting posts here one can only assume that you are all bright sparks. So this story has haunted me since I heard it and I will be very brief but if anyone had time to offer their opinion I would indeed be grateful - even if I disagree :-)

This maybe a herman hesse or primo levi story but can't recall exactly right now.

A worker of some sort in a concentration camp in germany during WWII, risked his life everyday to bring food to one of the men detained in the camp and essentially saved this man's life. The man survived and many years later returned from the US to Germany to find his saviour to thank him, he found him. The man old by now had practically no memory of what he had done, or if he did he had no interest at all and was not one bit impressed in the former detainee's gratitude. The former camp victim was left cold and disappointed by the experience.
So if lets say the saviour in this story just by rote did the right thing everyday by bringing him food, but essentially did not care about this man at all BUT did save his life, what kind of an act is this? You could not call it love in action or could you? Could it be an inate ability to know what is the is right thing to do, whilst perhaps hating this jewish man in the camp-- I mean he was working there but may not have had a choice in the manner.

Anyway I wonder what you all think?

Thank you arcora for begining this post and I do appreciate what you say even if I do not agree with every little aspect, I do not agree principally as I am in a state of huge confusion at the moment and do not want to appropriate any new "beliefs" till I know where I am.

Thanking you
g
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #48
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member

Harper, I am not the OP here but will respond with my thoughts.
With all due respect for the man we are speaking of since I am not the man nor can I speak for him nor would I wish to judge.

Just my thoughts perhaps if it were me in a situation like this I would hopefully have resigned but should I stay out of necessity or to help in a bad case scenario I would have felt some guilt by working at the camp, and repaid in kind by offering some relief to the man hoping to help at least one life, the recipient very grateful probably should have taken into consideration the age and health of the giver it could be dementia or alzheimer's or simply I wished not to be reminded of a past I did not like. I rarely find a person who truly hates someone helping them out love\hate relationship possibly.

Right thing to do is all I can say, doing the right thing in what I felt was a bad situation for the man and myself IMHO.

While I have helped people all throughout my life with many returning or calling to say thank you it really was not a necessary thing to do, it was freely given, no strings attached which include's a thank you. While I acknowledge the thank you the best thing IMO could have been to see that it made a difference for them in their lives this IMO is the best thank you and what I enjoy hearing. No guilt here with me just a concern for that individual at that particular point in time.

Love & Peace
Trish
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #49
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Arcora,

Thank you, you added another one of your gems to this forum.

Jenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #50
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you everyone who responded. I really hope I got my point across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
If knowledge is infinite then there's always an infinite number of truths and knowledge that we don't possess. Sounds like another reason to be humble.
Actually, it is the exact opposite. One being humble implies that you are less than say the creator, which again furthers separation.

Back to the math board. First, take in consideration on my piece with the Law of One earlier with irrational numbers, in that you yourself are your own infinity, within an infinity. Infinity will always equal infinity, nothing more, nothing less. Let's say the creator is the entire number line, infinity, while you are the number six. You are implying that because we are only a piece of this infinity, that we must be humble, in giving it respect as we cannot amount to its infinite greatness.

Well, this time let's have your soul be a rational number, ie 6, to make this easier to explain. With your rational (not the number, ie ideology), that would imply you are less significant than the creator. If that is the case that means it wouldn't be a problem if say you disappeared out of the equation as you are of less importance.

Now let's set you aside, the number six, and pull you out of the number line. Well, looks like 3 + 3 doesn't work anymore. No carbon based lifeforms anymore (carbon is defined by six protons). New Agers can say good bye to their lovely quartz crystals due to their hexagonal structure. Christians need a new triple number for evil. Oh wait, mathematics is no longer a perfect functioning system, and oh wait, the universe no longer ceases to exist! I hope I made my point.

Thank you Arcora for your place It is of grave and EQUAL importance. Feel free to ask any other questions. I hope I am not offending you, I just take a firm position against anything that puts forth a separation mentality as it is inherently harmful to ones being. I hope you understand that.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote