Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Lightbulb The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Coconut Oil and Oxidative Stress

One of the reasons the long chain fatty acids in vegetable oils are so damaging to the thyroid is that they oxidize quickly and become rancid. Food manufacturers know about this propensity towards rancidity and, therefore, highly refine their vegetable oils. Considerable research has shown that trans fatty acids, present when vegetable oils are highly refined (hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated), are especially damaging to cell tissue and can have a negative affect on the thyroid as well as health in general. Because the longer chain fatty acids are deposited in cells more often as rancid and oxidizing fat, impairment of the conversion of thyroid hormone T4 to T3 occurs, which is symptomatic of hypothyroidism. To create the enzymes needed to convert fats to energy, T4 must be converted to T3.

http://www.coconutdiet.com/thyroid_health.htm
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Smile Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

So it seems that the saturated oils are the healty fats whe need

You have to remember that in last days of Sumeria just be for the nuclear holocaust there where already making lots of GMO foods. All vegatable oils that go bad with out any vitamines are old GMO's.

Remember also the interview with Dr Pete Peterson he talks obout a very powerfull oil that you need only a drop of a day to keep you healty

Everthing that goes bad quickly wil damage your health. all real knowledge about food is taken away from us.

http://www.heall.com/body/healthupda...oconutoil.html

Last edited by mu2143; 01-03-2010 at 12:15 PM.
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Lightbulb Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

http://www.thescreamonline.com/essay...-1/vegoil.html


“When the attack on coconut oil began,” says Fife, “those medical and research professionals who were familiar with it wondered why. They knew coconut oil did not contribute to heart disease and that it provided many health advantages. Some even stepped forward to set the record straight. But by this time public sentiment had firmly sided with the ASA, and people refused to listen.”
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Exclamation Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

One of my familiy members start talking about Coconut oil is bad for you. WTF!!!!!
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Smile Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

http://www.premierorganics.org/index...id=61&Itemid=2

Several years ago I met an old couple, who were only a few years apart in age, but the wife looked many years younger than her doddering old husband. She was from the Philippines, and she remarked that she always had to cook two meals at the same time, because her husband couldn't adapt to her traditional food. Three times every day, she still prepared her food in coconut oil. Her apparent youth increased my interest in the effects of coconut oil.

In the l960s, Hartroft and Porta gave an elegant argument for decreasing the ratio of unsaturated oil to saturated oil in the diet (and thus in the tissues). They showed that the "age pigment" is produced in proportion to the ratio of oxidants to antioxidants, multiplied by the ratio of unsaturated oils to saturated oils.

More recently, a variety of studies have demonstrated that ultraviolet light induces peroxidation in unsaturated fats, but not saturated fats, and that this occurs in the skin as well as in the lab.

Rabbit experiments, and studies of humans, showed that the amount of unsaturated oil in the diet strongly affects the rate at which aged, wrinkled skin develops.
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:40 AM   #6
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 120
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

I really want to thank you for posting this link!

I have a low thyroid...and I am definitely going to check this info out!

Thanks SOOOO much!!!

<hugs>

Marian
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:05 AM   #7
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 159
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Organic/Virgin coconut oil is fantastic - and used by many of the ancient peoples Asia for cooking or having cold in foods (like with peanut butter and fruit spread sandwiches yummy) as well as a cosmetic i.e. body and hair oil. It's kind of solid (mushy) at room temperature and melts easily at body temperature.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:19 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Humble Janitor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,201
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

So, should I take coconut oil instead of thyroid medication or should I go on a gluten-free diet?

What is best? I probably should consult an actual doctor but I'm open to other opinions.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:01 AM   #9
eleni
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 865
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Both and consult a naturopath. I have autoimmune hypothyroid, the only way I am able to control it is to eat a grain free diet and use coconut oil, coconut cream, key nutrients suited for my thyroid (medicincal mushrooms, etc)........


At this time I also take a form of natural thyroid......I went off of it last year and that was a major mistake......I ended up with a TSH level of 140 something and almost ended up in a coma......

Have been gluten free for many many years.......and also consumed raw organic coconut oil for many years and an all organic diet etc; since I was born-despite this I still have thyroid issues......

This is an excellent book on the subject - he is one of the best in terms of thyroid- if not the best.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:06 AM   #10
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Lightbulb Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

One of the Thyroid problems is related to iodine if you do not have enough of this stuff you always feel cold, like cold hand and feets.

http://www.sunfood.com/buy/1/101/Bla...anic-1448.aspx

http://www.sunfood.com/buy/1/101/Kel...anic-1447.aspx

And the other problem if you have heavy metals in your system then you need to detox you body from it. kombucha is one of the way, but if search on the net for it you find many ways thing that can help.

MSG is one of thing that í'm trying not to get in to my system

I did a lot of research in to health and food that how I found out the truth on what going on on this planet. What I noticed that the normal docters in holland knows nothing about health.

But it is your body you should take care of it not some doctor there useles to me anyway! onless your going for a docter who is trained in the natural medicine. Not junk syntectic stuff that destroys your health and supressed the problem not solving it.

I hope you do not have Amalgam Fillings. get them removed will help a lot
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:14 AM   #11
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Lightbulb Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

This is a good doctor the one cured desiree jennings that Cheerleader that got disabled by the flu shot.

http://drbuttar.com/
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 AM   #12
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2143 View Post
Coconut Oil and Oxidative Stress

One of the reasons the long chain fatty acids in vegetable oils are so damaging to the thyroid is that they oxidize quickly and become rancid. Food manufacturers know about this propensity towards rancidity and, therefore, highly refine their vegetable oils. Considerable research has shown that trans fatty acids, present when vegetable oils are highly refined (hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated), are especially damaging to cell tissue and can have a negative affect on the thyroid as well as health in general. Because the longer chain fatty acids are deposited in cells more often as rancid and oxidizing fat, impairment of the conversion of thyroid hormone T4 to T3 occurs, which is symptomatic of hypothyroidism. To create the enzymes needed to convert fats to energy, T4 must be converted to T3.

http://www.coconutdiet.com/thyroid_health.htm
Had my thyroid removed in '70. Take Standard Process Symplex F and Prolamine Iodine and Selenium. Use only organic butter and/or first cold pressed organic Spanish olive oil. Dr. Mercola recommends Krill oil too.

No chlorine or fluorides to confuse receptor cells. High protein diet with leafy dark green vegetables to control insulin. Plus healthy doses of cinnamon.

Hope that helps.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:34 AM   #13
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2143 View Post
One of the Thyroid problems is related to iodine if you do not have enough of this stuff you always feel cold, like cold hand and feets.

http://www.sunfood.com/buy/1/101/Bla...anic-1448.aspx

http://www.sunfood.com/buy/1/101/Kel...anic-1447.aspx

And the other problem if you have heavy metals in your system then you need to detox you body from it. kombucha is one of the way, but if search on the net for it you find many ways thing that can help.

MSG is one of thing that í'm trying not to get in to my system

I did a lot of research in to health and food that how I found out the truth on what going on on this planet. What I noticed that the normal docters in holland knows nothing about health.

But it is your body you should take care of it not some doctor there useles to me anyway! onless your going for a docter who is trained in the natural medicine. Not junk syntectic stuff that destroys your health and supressed the problem not solving it.

I hope you do not have Amalgam Fillings. get them removed will help a lot
RE your mention of heavy metals, found that liquid zeolite (when processed correctly) wonderfully removes heavy metals. I also did an enlightened version of oral chelation. Hubby takes some Spirulina every day to remove heavy metals. Seriously, ladies, heavy metals contributes to facial wrinkles.

Same here, have no use for doctors and I live better and longer being my own doc. Will occasionally visit a good Naturopath. However for spiritual clearing/healing, that's another matter, and I do feel I need someone I can trust to work with me on that. Maybe that will change later too.

Gnosis
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #14
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Humble Janitor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,201
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Well I don't want to go on a gluten-free diet because that essentially translates into spending even more money on this organic "fad".
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #15
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 560
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2143 View Post
You have to remember that in last days of Sumeria just be for the nuclear holocaust there where already making lots of GMO foods. All vegatable oils that go bad with out any vitamines are old GMO's.
I just had to point this out being an archaeology student. Sumeria so doesn't exist. Only Sumer, and the English association with Sumerian. I have to do this all the time, nothing personal, just a pet peeve. Namaste

Oh, and btw 100% support behind the Coconut Oil. Lauric acid is only found elsewhere on the planet in mother's milk. Important stuff. I've used it a little this year myself. There's been an AIDS study over the past two years, and it has helped reduce the viral load of HIV in patients. And not to mention, Thai Coconut Soup, aka Tom Kha Gai, is the the top dog of Earth based soups.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #16
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Lightbulb Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Just like every archaeology claims that he is an expert onless you have access to vatican libary or went around the world to find the proof your self
you can claim any thing but air. Sorry to dispoint you.

Most of the clay tablets of sumeria is locked up in some warehouse
only some of them where translated. Spoke of nuclear war the reasonfor the clay tablets is two thing everyhing is lost and clay tablest last a very long time.

I research it my self and to conclusion I drawn out of this that the sumeria civilization existed where Irak is now located. the mayan civilization was problaby the other civilization in the same time the sumerian existed

noah flood did happen around 3400BC and from 3000BC till 2000BC there was I existence of high tech civilization between that period that gote lost in a nuclear holocaust.

Also that I've remember servall past live memorys from that time where I was in airplain an huge airport mulitple huge train stations , airplain crash true a flat me walking past some house like in modern time. Me playing painball with high tech stuff that does not exist to day. Me being in the astral world and walked arournd after the nuclear war in house complex with my modern music stuff tv that does not exist today. your claim are hollow and does not mean anything to me

And many many more part where all more technology existed in the past

Quote:
I just had to point this out being an archaeology student. Sumeria so doesn't exist. Only Sumer, and the English association with Sumerian. I have to do this all the time, nothing personal, just a pet peeve. Namaste
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #17
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Smile Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

And more annoying is some one claiming to be an "expert" "archaeology student" you have to remember that you nothing more but a trained smart monkey. Do you really think that they teach you anything remotely close to the truth??

http://www.hallofthegods.org/images/...PTER-PHOTO.jpg

Most expert are nothing but payed professional liars, the better the lie to more pay you get....
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #18
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleni View Post
Both and consult a naturopath. I have autoimmune hypothyroid, the only way I am able to control it is to eat a grain free diet and use coconut oil, coconut cream, key nutrients suited for my thyroid (medicincal mushrooms, etc)........


At this time I also take a form of natural thyroid......I went off of it last year and that was a major mistake......I ended up with a TSH level of 140 something and almost ended up in a coma......

Have been gluten free for many many years.......and also consumed raw organic coconut oil for many years and an all organic diet etc; since I was born-despite this I still have thyroid issues......

This is an excellent book on the subject - he is one of the best in terms of thyroid- if not the best.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance
According to Dr. Peter D'Adamo the "O" blood group have more autoimmune and thyroid issues. I had autoimmune issues with thyroid before it was removed.

Stopping grains is great. I can get away with spelt flour (sold at Bulk Barn) and some rice. The long fast (link here) helped my body to re-set itself hormonally.

Besides what you are doing now, what else is your body telling you to do or not do?
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #19
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Smile Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

There is a lot of knowledge out there, the best think what you can do that is very simple. Look what your eating

all E number our poision to the body.
avoid shampoo and any other stuff for cleaning you and your clothing. you would not eat it why would you put it on you skin?

same with toothbrush use herbs and oils only no so called natural.

Get a detox from heavy metals something you know that removes it daily. My favored is kombucha tea, because it easy and cheap.

Also check for herb that can help

If you address all of it your health is just going transform you, i'm almost back to my normal weight. lenght is 1.86 m 64/65kg

Quote:
I really want to thank you for posting this link!

I have a low thyroid...and I am definitely going to check this info out!

Thanks SOOOO much!!!

<hugs>

Marian

Last edited by mu2143; 01-04-2010 at 11:45 PM.
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #20
Luana
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 91
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Mu...What do you use to wash your hair and clothes?
Luana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #21
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Holland,Netherlands
Posts: 470
Lightbulb Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Its very cheap its called water, only brush my teeth with oil and herbs

You can wash your clothes with wash nut , just do a search for it.
also you can wash your clothes in baking soda.

I do still have herbs for washing my hair if I want too

Quote:
Mu...What do you use to wash your hair and clothes?
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #22
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Manasota FL
Posts: 114
Default Coconut Oil

Health Tip #1 : use coconut oil.

Most people that need to lose weight have a suppressed metabolism. Eating a tablespoon of coconut oil every day will normalize the metabolism. Eating 2 tablespoons per day is good too, but start with one.

The best coconut oil in the world all comes from one manufacturer in Indonesia (edited: whoops, not Malaysia). The reason it is better than the rest is the manner in which it is processed. It goes through a cold process three stage centrifuge also called 'wet-milled'. This is a custom made scientific grade machine & is not generally public knowledge. This process results in the only known raw coconut oil.

The oil resulting from the above process contains naturally occurring vitamin E, which many people believe coconut oil cannot contain. It is marketed under various names. PM me for further reference, do not want to break any endorsement rules here & "no", I have no financial stake in this.

Traditional processes, while still great, involve pressing/boiling. There are loads of coconut oils claiming to be raw when they are not. Also "virgin" has no meaning beyond marketing in reference to coconut oil, organic (or not) still applies though.

With that said, even 'bad' coconut oil is better than other oils. It even has antibacterial and anti-viral properties. Which is part of why it instantly relieves itchy skin. Using it to moisturize the scalp is amazing for those that have psoriasis/dandruff or those that just want great looking hair. Pro tip: apply to scalp, not all of the hair, it will work outwards. I mix mine with a few drops of Spikenard oil.

Coconut is the only healthy oil that does not hydrogenate at high cooking temperature (300+ degrees Fahrenheit). Because of this it is the only oil suitable for traditional stir fry.

It is very wise to replace all cooking oils with Coconut oil.

...detoxing is a thoroughly different issue...

Last edited by Sideshow Shaman; 01-07-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:25 AM   #23
eleni
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 865
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
According to Dr. Peter D'Adamo the "O" blood group have more autoimmune and thyroid issues. I had autoimmune issues with thyroid before it was removed.

Stopping grains is great. I can get away with spelt flour (sold at Bulk Barn) and some rice. The long fast (link here) helped my body to re-set itself hormonally.

Besides what you are doing now, what else is your body telling you to do or not do?
I'm O and need some animal protein. I have done a lot of cleansing, fasting, green juice plus zeolite fasting, (various Zeolites, until I settled on my favorite one which is Quantum)....

I do FIR (far infra red) daily.....use Magnascent iodine, been eating sea vegetables almost daily since I was 12 years old.......avoid raw cruciferous vegetables eat raw butter which is good for thyroid,.......I... do yoga, rebound, etc; too munerous to list here....
got my mouth cleaned up with a biological DDS

My thyroid plummeted when I went raw vegan for 3 years....prior to that I ate a high raw diet with select animal food and was fine......so I went back to that.....plus select herbs (ashwaganda, mushrooms, Quantum's B etc)

Last edited by eleni; 01-05-2010 at 05:29 AM.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:31 AM   #24
eleni
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 865
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Hal Huggin's suggests baking soda to brush with.....I use that.......

I've never used chemical products on my body, grew up eating organic and using organic skin/hair care.......but beware because even a lot of the organic lines are filled with toxins......

We buy our coconut oil from following places........

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/ their virgin oil de coc creme is what I used for years......I still like the flavor the best.......


http://vivapura.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65 theirs I started using about 18 months ago.....flavor takes some getting used to.....they have GREAT superfoods! We buy a lot from them.......

Last edited by eleni; 01-05-2010 at 05:35 AM.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:49 AM   #25
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Humble Janitor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,201
Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
According to Dr. Peter D'Adamo the "O" blood group have more autoimmune and thyroid issues. I had autoimmune issues with thyroid before it was removed.

Stopping grains is great. I can get away with spelt flour (sold at Bulk Barn) and some rice. The long fast (link here) helped my body to re-set itself hormonally.

Besides what you are doing now, what else is your body telling you to do or not do?
I don't have Type O blood but I do have a family history of thyroid issues.

The meds I take seem to be sufficient enough and they don't interfere much with my life. I get more energy, better sleep patterns and weight control from them. Maybe I'm alright then?
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon