Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

View Poll Results: Where do you stand?
I am a willing New Age Movement member - and proud of it. 9 20.00%
I am NOT in the New Age Movement, why do people keep insisting that I am? 10 22.22%
I know ALL about the New Age Movement, and I can't STAND it. 11 24.44%
What is the New Age Movement? 15 33.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #51
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are you a part of the New Age Movement?

that's true the old way are once again the new ways, way before the idea of the church came along.. I am so glad i was not the only one to see this...

In my eyes any organization (Church) that states that you have to conform in any manner such as it does in one form or another (any one god) is the new false church and have false profits.. It's just what I have experienced and observed through out my life, I never felt safe in a church, I always felt like there was acid dripping on me,

I know i probably open Pandoras box with that last statement, it is not meant to start an argument or anything like that, But I also know that I am not the only person who has experienced this.
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #52
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstalker View Post
I never felt safe in a church, I always felt like there was acid dripping on me,

I know i probably open Pandoras box with that last statement, it is not meant to start an argument or anything like that, But I also know that I am not the only person who has experienced this.
Don't worry, I proved the religion false, so you can say it with DIVINE authority.
New Age Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #53
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
that's true the old way are once again the new ways, way before the idea of the church came along.. I am so glad i was not the only one to see this...

In my eyes any organization (Church) that states that you have to conform in any manner such as it does in one form or another (any one god) is the new false church and have false profits.. It's just what I have experienced and observed through out my life, I never felt safe in a church, I always felt like there was acid dripping on me,

I explained before on other threads that religions are man made forms of slavery and control. That is the very thing Jesus Christ was fighting against.

I often see many people who are not honest, honest to themselves.
Personally it does not affect me, the other people`s choices but I can not help but wonder why do people still eagerly wish to sugar coat the truth???
That is why new movements are springing like mushrooms after rain ... People don` t want to grow up but wish the planet for them selves... No can do

Creator wish to be not mocked around.

When we will grow up?
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:23 AM   #54
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Shadowstalker,

Why do you stalk shadows???
It`s no fun since they always escape!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #55
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
I explained before on other threads that religions are man made forms of slavery and control. That is the very thing Jesus Christ was fighting against.
I think it's a made up story.

Like, Paul's writings predate the gospels by a generation, and he doesn't mention anything Jesus taught, doesn't mention a virgin birth, and really, says absolutely zilch about Jesus' life.

It stands to reason, simply logically, that if Jesus was born of a virgin, and was a great teacher, and lived a remarkable life, Paul would have deferred to Jesus teachings, and talked about his life, but he didn't even mention them. And Paul would have mentioned the virgin birth, but he didn't... Why not?

The "kingdom of god" back then was an independent Israeli state. Jesus was a kingdom of god zealot, against Roman rule, and they killed him. There were tons of people claiming to be a messiah, tons of people looking for a messiah, so it was a ripe time for a messiah.

So once everyone was long gone, like a hundred years after Jesus was dead, or so, they wrote the Jesus story, virgin birth and teachings, minimal teachings, really, and nothing really special. They say he was born of a virgin and all that, just like similar stories that had been told of other deities in other cultures.

Christianity is a false religion, it always has been.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #56
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Beautiful thing about Life here, so many different opinions, so many different kinds of students from so many different kinds of backgrounds ~

I guess the real test for all of us however is the same ~

Can we always respond with unconditional Love and still shine our Light and Be?

When we can do this: We are Masters
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #57
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Age Messiah View Post
I think it's a made up story.

Like, Paul's writings predate the gospels by a generation, and he doesn't mention anything Jesus taught, doesn't mention a virgin birth, and really, says absolutely zilch about Jesus' life.

It stands to reason, simply logically, that if Jesus was born of a virgin, and was a great teacher, and lived a remarkable life, Paul would have deferred to Jesus teachings, and talked about his life, but he didn't even mention them. And Paul would have mentioned the virgin birth, but he didn't... Why not?

The "kingdom of god" back then was an independent Israeli state. Jesus was a kingdom of god zealot, against Roman rule, and they killed him. There were tons of people claiming to be a messiah, tons of people looking for a messiah, so it was a ripe time for a messiah.

So once everyone was long gone, like a hundred years after Jesus was dead, or so, they wrote the Jesus story, virgin birth and teachings, minimal teachings, really, and nothing really special. They say he was born of a virgin and all that, just like similar stories that had been told of other deities in other cultures.

Christianity is a false religion, it always has been.

I don` think it`s made up story. I think it is mis used story . People ( majority) tend to live life on automatic mode without research for their own good. Because of that, many lies were placed in the name of Christ and Christianity...

Look at this at this way;

Christ means Messiah, meaning Saviour( holy)

Christian means Saviour too.

Means if some one is real Christian , he/she is holy in their life resembling Christ and God.

How many people are like that???

Few .
Why?

They are not genuine and honest since that is one of the main things.
You can never be one with Father and Christ if you are not one with them in spirit of love, truth, honesty justice and wisdom.

You can call yourself whatever you want, do many deeds but be not surprised that God and Christ will not know you... Why?
Since you missed the core point...

Christ said: " depart from me, I never knew you! "

Many claim but also many does not know Christ and all that he represent.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #58
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I don` think it`s made up story.
I think it is made up. Like what happened at the tomb is different depending what gospel you read. What he said on the cross is different, too.

And scholars agree that the teachings of Jesus, the sayings and stuff, were already around before he lived.

Paul's writings physically predate the gospels by 50 +/- years, I think.

The oldest gospel accounts, the copies we HAVE, were physically written WAY after the facts could have been checked.

It's unfathomable for Christians that their religion could be false, but obvious that all other religions are false. That's the same with all religions, same mentality, that's why they all have to go away, for there to be a New Age.

Yes, I am part of the New Age Movement.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:27 AM   #59
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I think it is made up. Like what happened at the tomb is different depending what gospel you read. What he said on the cross is different, too.

And scholars agree that the teachings of Jesus, the sayings and stuff, were already around before he lived.

The oldest gospel accounts, the copies we HAVE, were physically written WAY after the facts could have been checked.

It's unfathomable for Christians that their religion could be false, but obvious that all other religions are false. That's the same with all religions, same mentality, that's why they all have to go away, for there to be a New Age.

I don`t think it`s made up since there are more evidence related to Christ than to most of regular history person such as Constantine, Carlo the great, Napoleon and others.
I was digging for that evidences and they are there, but heavily suppressed by Vatican , and countries.
Why, they don`t want people to find evidence that support truth.
Hence fore people are disillusioned...

I respect your choice.

But search for evidence instead of second hand facts found in the mainstream .It`s n=bended and twisted to bring confusion.

Shame people don`t have access to libraries across the world and their books, especially old ones.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:41 AM   #60
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
But search for evidence instead of second hand facts found in the mainstream.
I think a guy lived, that was in the line of David, that was a kingdom of god zealot in a movement to overthrow Roman rule, and the Romans crucified him.

The evidence is that it's a made up story, because like I say, Paul didn't breathe a word about Jesus teachings or his virgin birth, or his life story at all.

All Paul taught was the CONCEPT of messiah, what it meant, and he TOTALLY disagreed with the apostles, and the "church" from day one has been a conflict ridden mess.

Since what happened at the tomb is completely different, factually, in one gospel than it is in another, OBVIOUSLY someone is making stuff up, right???? Right. Somebody made it up, just like somebody made up what he said on the cross.

My thinking is that it is ALL made up. The gist, what happened on the cross, and at the tomb, was rumored, and so the rumors spread and became sort of different, one form the other.

If it was the word of God in any way whatsoever, it would not conflict. You can't say it's inspired, but has conflicting accounts of actual bellweather events.

It's just that kind of swampy talk and blurring of lines that makes the religion like a virus, kind of, where no matter what you say about it, it mutates.

No two people understand it the same, so you can't address it.

But my story proves it false.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:07 AM   #61
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I fail to see how the following messages can be false in any religion

Matthew 7:12
12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Is not this the law of attraction?

This Universal Law demonstrates how we create the things, events, and people that come into our lives. Our thoughts, feelings, words, and actions produce energies which, in turn, attract like energies. Negative energies attract negative energies and positive energies attract positive energies.

Mathew 6:33

But let your first care be for his kingdom and his righteousness; and all these other things will be given to you in addition.

Jesus meant that the kingdom of heaven dwelt within our hearts and this can be seen in the other teachings. If we seek our own kingdom and rightiousness then all the rest will be given.

Is this not where "new age" asks that we go within?

Much of the new teaching has taken the old teaching and made it apply to the modern day man. What is in the bible and the imagery in it relates to the people and times of when it was written. Although a lot of the imagery also transcends time and is applicable. what is important is that we use discernment to put what is presented into context and then we find really there is nothing new.

You have to realise that when Jesus walked the streets of Jeruselum that the streets stunk of burning animals. In those days man thought the only way to be free of guilt for ones "sins" was to burn an animal and preform certain rituals. Jesus came to set the record strait and did a damn good job. Of course since his death man has taken that going to church every sunday is enough to be free of guilt. But a true Christian will know that this is not correct if he truely understood the message. Much of new age philosophy is I believe the true message made clear for the modern man to understand.

I'm not trying to preach here. What I want to get across is that it is not the Word that is false. It is man's interpretation and then application that has been false because he has chosen to use the word for personal gain rather than understanding and following the true teaching within. It's not a bad book and for many they have understood it.

Sorry for ranting...

Initiate.
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:15 AM   #62
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Are you a part of the New Age Movement?
nope
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:16 AM   #63
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

The golden rule is kinda silly, in my opinion, because you can't know how someone else wants to be treated, based on yourself.

Programming people in any way, with commands and stuff doesn't work. The more you tell people how to be and what to do the more robotic or rebellious they become.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:17 AM   #64
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I like that it makes sense, what you said there, WS must be a beginner soul. HMM never thought of that thank you.
The last couple weeks a bible thumper from Georgia who calls himself a "Watchman" responded to my blog in an attempt to convert me to his way of thinking....It's like this guy is in kindergarten on a spiritual level, nothing I say can open his mind at this point because he hasn't built the "spiritual foundation" yet to understand consciousness or what it means to truly experience God. He'll learn that in middle school. Right now he's still in a racist-hate mentality and may have lifetimes in grade school to go before reaching a more advanced level, or a collegiate level of consciousness that many of us are at. But everything's relative, humans are considered very immature spiritually in comparison to races from higher dimensions and other worlds.

Now in regards to this thread and the difficulty in defining New Age, similar to what happened to the Rock and Roll movement and the music industry in the early 90's; since the late 70's the term New Age has grown in so many different directions that it became fragmented past the point of clear a having a clear definition - it's become too many different things to too many different people on too many different paths. Some groups have taken it down a darker paths and others on a path towards the Light and higher consciousness.

The poll was difficult to answer because the term New Age has become so diluted and hard to define, that it's no wonder this thread went off in so many directions...it's a sensitive subject that people take very personal.

Last edited by AscendingStarseed; 12-15-2009 at 02:21 AM.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #65
beren
Avalon Senior Member

You have to realise that when Jesus walked the streets of Jeruselum that the streets stunk of burning animals. In those days man thought the only way to be free of guilt for ones "sins" was to burn an animal and preform certain rituals. Jesus came to set the record strait and did a damn good job. Of course since his death man has taken that going to church every sunday is enough to be free of guilt. But a true Christian will know that this is not correct if he truely understood the message. Much of new age philosophy is I believe the true message made clear for the modern man to understand.

I'm not trying to preach here. What I want to get across is that it is not the Word that is false. It is man's interpretation and then application that has been false because he has chosen to use the word for personal gain rather than understanding and following the true teaching within. It's not a bad book and for many they have understood it.

That`s right!

You explained it very well Initiate!

Old testament was a rough elementary school for totally ignorant people, then when the time was right Son of God came and taught people the high school thing, in the future we will have college education from God and his
son.
When we graduate from college, then we will set ourselves on grand journey on thorough learning of everything in universe and finally be one with Creator and his son.

Eyes to see ,ears to hear-anyone?

I am not judging, I am just pointing
Old 12-15-2009, 02:27 AM   #66
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The golden rule is kinda silly, in my opinion, because you can't know how someone else wants to be treated, based on yourself.

Programming people in any way, with commands and stuff doesn't work. The more you tell people how to be and what to do the more robotic or rebellious they become.

Ok, but then what you`d prefer;
kicking in the face, insulting ,downgrading... or
loving,happiness with others,mutual helping, helping others???

What ever you sow ,you`ll reap it afterwards...

If it is first liner... then its fruits will come...

I prefer second liner...

That`s the golden rule...simple as that...
It`s not in telling people how to be-it`s in acting...acting speaks louder than words...
Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 AM   #67
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Is not the law of attraction a New age law?
Quote:
The Law of Attraction

This Universal Law demonstrates how we create the things, events, and people that come into our lives. Our thoughts, feelings, words, and actions produce energies which, in turn, attract like energies. Negative energies attract negative energies and positive energies attract positive energies.
If we treat someone bad then we can expect to be treated bad if we treat someone good we can expect to be treated good. If we want to be treated good then we need to treat people good. It's the same thing.

Please correct me if I understand it wrong. If you have a greater understanding then please share. Again I am not judging just clarifying.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:40 AM   #68
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorServant View Post
I have been watching the responses in my two previous threads, along with hundreds of other posts on this forum. I find many instances of spiritual advice and assertions toward spiritual reasoning, yet I do not find any substance.

So, I must create another poll, because I don't want to out and out respond to everything that causes me to think: "huuuh?", because it would obviously cause a pointless and endless one-upmanship.

Nevertheless, I am sincerely interested to know if people realize what the New Age Movement is. Specifically, I want to know if people are a part of that movement "knowingly" and are proud of it, or whether people are a part of it, yet they believe that they are not.

At this point in time, from what I can see, this forum is predominantly being pulled in the direction that the New Age Movement would have it go.
keep posting brother...

i came out of retirement because i understand your frustration here:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18192

the problem is, most folks here lack the intellectual integrity to separate the Bible from religion. the minute you mention GOD or the bible, they scream religion, fundie christian, blah blah blah

the funny thing is, i think they sense what's coming but instead of facing up to it they create grandiose dreams of being whisked away in pleiadean starships (cofee on those or not???).

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17987

some of them can't even tolerate being 'earthlings' so they dream up (yep, dream up) the idea that they're from another star system (which, of course, makes them feel superior to the average joe).

anyway....don't let them get you down. the next time they start screaming 'religion' or 'fundi christian' just lower yourself to their level and tell them that all new agers are like this guy

Old 12-15-2009, 02:42 AM   #69
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiate View Post
Is not the law of attraction a New age law?
It's an attempt to explain things. Words.

Spirit doesn't need words to teach.

The great teachings tell you how to find Spirit in your soul.

I personally don't think you can make yourself "better" by any mental effort or cognitive programming. You just alter your conditioning somewhat.

True transformation comes from FAR deeper than thoughts or words.

I would say New Age in its simplest form is innate goodness.

Religion is original sin.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:46 AM   #70
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
keep posting brother...

i came out of retirement because i understand your frustration here:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18192

the problem is, most folks here lack the intellectual integrity to separate the Bible from religion. the minute you mention GOD or the bible, they scream religion, fundie christian, blah blah blah

the funny thing is, i think they sense what's coming but instead of facing up to it they create grandiose dreams of being whisked away in pleiadean starships (cofee on those or not???).

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17987

some of them can't even tolerate being 'earthlings' so they dream up (yep, dream up) the idea that they're from another star system (which, of course, makes them feel superior to the average joe).

anyway....don't let them get you down. the next time they start screaming 'religion' or 'fundi christian' just lower yourself to their level and tell them that all new agers are like this guy

Why do we seek to create differences just to argue that our way is better than someone elses way? Fundementally there is no difference in the intent behind the pathways that people follow. Let us rejoice in what we have in common instead of fighting over what we percieve we don't just for the sake of fighting. Is this not what is at the heart of the problem humanity faces?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:50 AM   #71
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Ok, but then what you`d prefer;
kicking in the face, insulting ,downgrading... or
loving,happiness with others,mutual helping, helping others???

What ever you sow ,you`ll reap it afterwards...

If it is first liner... then its fruits will come...

I prefer second liner...

That`s the golden rule...simple as that...
It`s not in telling people how to be-it`s in acting...acting speaks louder than words...
See, the whole Christianity thing is far worse than any insult. Believe this, be on the narrow path, or burn in hell forever. What could be worse?

There's nothing nice about it. Sorry. It's terrible.

The nice stuff is all spin and packaging. That's why there has to be so many professional Christians.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:53 AM   #72
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Why do we seek to create differences just to argue that our way is better than someone elses way? Fundementally there is no difference in the intent behind the pathways that people follow. Let us rejoice in what we have in common instead of fighting over what we percieve we don't just for the sake of fighting. Is this not what is at the heart of the problem humanity faces?
huh?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:57 AM   #73
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
It's an attempt to explain things. Words.

Spirit doesn't need words to teach.

The great teachings tell you how to find Spirit in your soul.

I personally don't think you can make yourself "better" by any mental effort or cognitive programming. You just alter your conditioning somewhat.

True transformation comes from FAR deeper than thoughts or words.

I would say New Age in its simplest form is innate goodness.

Religion is original sin.
Exactly. This is at the heart of it what Jesus came to teach. The Book was made to carry the message until man touched his spirit. The Beauty is in the imagery that transcended all corruption as long as man could seperate him self from the religeon that was attached to the book and see the true treasure within.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:00 AM   #74
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
huh?
Put it this way.... I can't see the difference between what Jesus Taught and what the "New age" teach when you boil it all down and get to the heart and spirit behind both teachings.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:01 AM   #75
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Put it this way.... I can't see the difference between what Jesus Taught and what the "New age" teach when you boil it all down and get to the heart and spirit behind both teachings.
i see.

so...just curious....

what do you think jesus taught?