Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
happyhollergal

Default White House Requests "Fishy" Information

The White House is under fire for a blog post asking supporters to send “fishy”information received through rumors, chain e-mails and casual conversations to a White House e-mail address, flag@whitehouse.gov.

(FOXNEWS) The White House is under fire for a blog post asking supporters to send “fishy” information received through rumors, chain e-mails and casual conversations to a White House e-mail address, flag@whitehouse.gov.

Conservatives have pounced on the request, accusing the White House of acting Orwellian.

“If you get an e-mail from your neighbor and it doesn’t sound right, send it to the White House?”said Sen. John Barasso, R-Wyo. ” People, I think all across America are going to say is this 1984? What is happening here? Is big brother watching?”

Radio host Rush Limbaugh accused the White House of using heavy-handed tactics.

“They’re looking for tattletales,”he said. “They’re looking for snitches. They’re looking for informants.”

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, charged the White House with compiling an “enemies list.”In a letter to the president, Cornyn urged Obama to provide Congress with more details on what the White House plans to do with anyone reported for “fishy”speech.

“I am not aware of any precedent for a president asking American citizens to report their fellow citizens to the White House for pure political speech that is deemed ‘fishy’ or otherwise inimical to the White House’s political interests,”he wrote.

“You should not be surprised that these actions taken by your White House staff raise the specter of a data collection program. As Congress debates health care reform and other critical policy matters, citizen engagement must not be chilled by fear of government monitoring the exercise of free speech rights,”he wrote.

This was posted on federaljack.com today. I wonder what their response would be if they were bombarded with emails to the requester (white house) letting them know that all of THEIR dealings are "fishy"?
Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: White House Requests "Fishy" Information

We could actually have some fun with this one. Flood their e-mail box with fictitious stories....that should keep them busy for a while.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
happyhollergal

Or we could send them here and they'd be quite busy, lol. Yep, I could have lots of fun with this one too. They may have to hire additional staff, but that would be more of our tax paying $. Oh well, if we must pay for something ridiculous, at least we could laugh about it.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Just them asking to send fishy information seems fishy.

Should I send them a message saying that there is a government looking for fishy information?

Lots of fish.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhollergal View Post
Or we could send them here and they'd be quite busy, lol. Yep, I could have lots of fun with this one too. They may have to hire additional staff, but that would be more of our tax paying $. Oh well, if we must pay for something ridiculous, at least we could laugh about it.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Just them asking to send fishy information seems fishy.

Should I send them a message saying that there is a government looking for fishy information?

Lots of fish.

Steve
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #6
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Just more psy ops to keep fear and distrust in the minds of the people. Keep piling it on and it wears people down on one level and on another level is makes many afraid to talk to each other because of the fear of being "turned in". Hmmm, Stalin did this I believe.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

you could always go online and give that email addy and let it get spammed to death. I just sent them one

Last edited by Northern Boy; 08-06-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote