Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Wink Soul food

I have noticed we have some very profound thinkers in this forum, i decided to start this thread on SOUL FOOD with the idea for all those who are inspired to write down some meaningful thoughts for the soul.

I'll start the first one, lets see who is thinking............

Perspective

Sometimes we react to things disproportionately to their importance. When something has just happened, it may be difficult to put it in perspective because our feelings seem very powerful. Yet we know from past experience that in a couple of days we're unlikely to feel so strongly about it. To gain this perspective in the moment ask yourself, "Will this matter in a year's/month's/week's time?" It probably won't, so why worry about it now?

Pass it on

Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
Egg
Banned

Default Re: Soul food

I was.

I am.

I forever will be.

Sat in my lap as I sit here still, cupped in my two hands is my Egg. It is of the light; bright, warm, comforting and empowering. It lifts and opens my soul to the universe and its infinite possiblities and depth.

My Egg, the food for my soul.

Love and light, and I pass it with a glad heart and a hand in friendship, to you.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
henners

I have another.

Souls

We are all human beings with souls. If we see loving, kind and caring behaviour in someone we are glimpsing their soul. If we see anger, irrationality and jealousy it doesn't mean that person is without a loving soul, it just means that thet are keeoing it well hidden. If someone behaves badly towards you, they are probably very unhappy in themselves. Until we can act from our highest self, which is loving and compassionate, we affect our happiness.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Wise words.

I am always saying to my mate "Let it go Rick"
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners View Post
...Perspective

Sometimes we react to things disproportionately to their importance. When something has just happened, it may be difficult to put it in perspective because our feelings seem very powerful. Yet we know from past experience that in a couple of days we're unlikely to feel so strongly about it. To gain this perspective in the moment ask yourself, "Will this matter in a year's/month's/week's time?" It probably won't, so why worry about it now?...
I join you on this thought, because it is also a concept on which I currently work. Perspective is what we really need. Not more information. Not more discussion. But more perspective. Like taking miles away steps back from the scene, a zoom out to encompass the greater reality of our galaxy, the Life that dwells in it, it's Laws, Intelligence, Consciousness, our purpose as Human, etc...

Perspective is Awareness looking wide angles, including all, marking our position, foreseeing where we are heading. Listening to the presence within gives more perspective.

Namaste, Steven

I would add: Integrity

To Know who we are. To follow the truth that inhabits us. To listen our deepest Knowledge. Thoughts, Acts, Words, Feelings, in unison toward the same Focus, the same Intention, the most profound goal that we cherish deeply in the intimacy of our Heart. For Harmony, for balance.

Steven

Last edited by Steven; 12-27-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:48 PM   #6
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

I think Trust is an important issue.

In the past, especially feudalism, one trusted a feudal lord and hoped that he would know better than you.
It is no different in the current system, it was put into place on the basis of distrust, then trusted by the masses and stealthily undermined.

Personal integrity is a luxury, nobody is infallible. Thus, the quote of my day is, I think:

"Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement."
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #7
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

FAITH, Believe in yourself, listen to yourself,trust yourself. Also if you do not know the answer to a question...feel it and then you'll know.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #8
henners

I'm back. Next word is;

Self-love

The most important thing you can do is love yourself for who you are right now. Don't put it off until you're more patient, thinner, less irritable, more loving or whatever it is you want to improve about yourself. The fact is you are not and will never be perfect. The things you're dealing with are necessary for your learning and growth, so embrace them and love yourself for who you are right now. You might even find the things you don't like about yourself will take care of themselves.

So there, start loving yourself.... going on......
Old 12-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #9
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Knowledge, Not only information, but also a greater understanding. Real knowledge dwells within every soul. A knowledge that is being regularly applied become Wisdom. When Wisdom come, it opens up new perspective, new possibilities, new abilities.

The experience of life brings knowledge outside to be put into action. Knowledge is a presence, a living presence, a greater mind. In order to let it grow, one have to calm down his/her intellect. In stillness of the mind, a greater mind emerges. This living presence is Creator of all things using one's owns mind and feelings to communicate. Through words, images, feelings and symbols, Knowledge talks to the listener/observer.

Namaste, Steven
Old 12-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

I always loved things I did not understand. I would like to share just one sentence that stuck with me from early age (I was always attracted to buddhism and eastern "philosophy"). It took many years for me to understand this sentence, but I always knew it contained profound truth. You can perhaps say that it worked as a catalyst for me, as I would not give up before I understood what was being said here. Anyway, here it is:

"There is no thinker behind the thoughts"

No amount of "knowledge" can explain what is being said there, and that is what I love about it. It can only be understood by direct experience. And the understanding of it will increase with a persons Level of Consciousness.
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:19 PM   #11
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanat View Post
I always loved things I did not understand. I would like to share just one sentence that stuck with me from early age (I was always attracted to buddhism and eastern "philosophy"). It took many years for me to understand this sentence, but I always knew it contained profound truth. You can perhaps say that it worked as a catalyst for me, as I would not give up before I understood what was being said here. Anyway, here it is:

"There is no thinker behind the thoughts"

No amount of "knowledge" can explain what is being said there, and that is what I love about it. It can only be understood by direct experience. And the understanding of it will increase with a persons Level of Consciousness.
It means Thought is source of all that is created. Prime to all that was created by it.

Edit: I re-read my answer and I am struck by the pompous sound of my words, . I must apologize for this my friend. I have missed the point, hehe.

Last edited by Steven; 12-28-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #12
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
It means Thought is source of all that is created. Prime to all that was created by it.

Edit: I re-read my answer and I am struck by the pompous sound of my words, . I must apologize for this my friend. I have missed the point, hehe.
Hehe It cannot really be translated into any other meaning. That was the point as you recognized.
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #13
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
......... SOUL.......
Hi henners,
Thank you for the thread.
I just want to comment on the first word you wrote, “soul”.
What do you mean exactly?
I use to discuss with people from totally “different schools”.
I have now adopted a way, that is how many religious people explains a “human”.
I divide a “human” into three parts; body, soul and spirit.
body = “flesh and blood”.
soul = collected memories and intellect.
spirit = the part that communicate with a “higher consciousness”.

Are you using the same meaning of the word “soul” as I do, or you have another?
Comments appreciated
stiros
stiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #14
henners

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiros View Post
Hi henners,
Thank you for the thread.
I just want to comment on the first word you wrote, “soul”.
What do you mean exactly?
I use to discuss with people from totally “different schools”.
I have now adopted a way, that is how many religious people explains a “human”.
I divide a “human” into three parts; body, soul and spirit.
body = “flesh and blood”.
soul = collected memories and intellect.
spirit = the part that communicate with a “higher consciousness”.

Are you using the same meaning of the word “soul” as I do, or you have another?
Comments appreciated
stiros
Yes mate, the same as you. I no longer refer to the soul in the religious way. I use the expression as you said "a collective of memories and intellect"

Self-Mastery

Remain master of your self today. When we wake up in the morning we all want to have a good day, yet invariably things happen during the day that negatively affect our mood. To remain master of yourself means deciding that today will be a good day irrespective of what happens. It's about controlling your thoughts so you only have positive ones, and controlling your behaviour rather than being influenced by others.

Have a great day, i always do, almost always.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:52 AM   #15
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I have noticed we have some very profound thinkers in this forum, i decided to start this thread on SOUL FOOD with the idea for all those who are inspired to write down some meaningful thoughts for the soul.

I'll start the first one, lets see who is thinking............

Perspective

Sometimes we react to things disproportionately to their importance. When something has just happened, it may be difficult to put it in perspective because our feelings seem very powerful. Yet we know from past experience that in a couple of days we're unlikely to feel so strongly about it. To gain this perspective in the moment ask yourself, "Will this matter in a year's/month's/week's time?" It probably won't, so why worry about it now?

Pass it on

Hi Henners

Thanks for this thread.

Soul Food Is listening to that voice within. That prompting within.

That reassurance within

That Presence within

That aliveness within

That silence within

That lifeforce energy within

Cheers

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote