Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Default Something's Rotten at Ronnies House

I used to eat at his house, maybe not daily but more then once a week.

When the kids were little we did their birthday parties there, it was cheap , fun and someone else cleaned up. I enjoyed the clean spaces, the service and the food was good too.

As the kids got older and i got bigger, i started researching diets. i learned quickly that diets were not so much about restricting calories but more about the quality of the food i ate. i recognize my own responsibility at being over weight..but we are being lied to.

To this day i still have many issues with food, but my choices are so much better. Organic is much more affordable now and my income is better then what it was when the kids were little.

Now...back to Ronnie's house...

I watched the 4 year old burger video...heard both sides...

it doesn't surprise me that we are fed plastic... but what does surprise me is how easily i was duped...

Have you ever seen the commercial with the baby in the swing...back and forth..back and forth...crying ...until he/she sees the golden arches...then the baby laughs...what are they saying???

it is ok to have a 9 month old addicted to their product?

oh and lets call it a happy meal just so there is no mistake as to their intentions...

the latest set of commercials have a guy standing outside waiting for the doors to open so he can play monopoly...

monopoly...gambling...sigh...

i want to make INFORMED choices for myself and my loved ones...

i believe MacDonalds as well as other food companies are as responsible for the ill health of society as the tobacco companies are.

changing our habits is essential...informed choices is the first step.

i will never eat at Ronnies again.
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Default Re: Something's Rotten at Ronnies House

Author and Obesity Activist Julia Havey has been
aging a McDonalds cheeseburger for 4 years. Find
out what happens to this old burger? Fast food
cheeseburgers age better than most humans.
The French Fries still look fresh.

GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

thank God I was growing up in a country, that at that time, didn't know fast food at all. We didn't eat much processed food either, we didn't eat in restaurants, there were very few additives in our food...why? because we couldn't afford them...
Now it is different, but I developed proper eating habits then, so I come past McDonald's without having an urge to enter and buy a burger there. In fact i do not like that characteristic smell of the interiors of all McD's...and I hate all types of sodas, and I do not like things that are too sweet.
lately I have noticed something else: I do not like sweets, i do not like white bread, and I do not like too much salt in the food I eat. i guess my body is telling me something.... and I am listening...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Hurray!!!

Great choices will lead to better living ...

Ronnie wont miss you
Old 11-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

I thought it was common knowledge that in 99% of all fast food restaurants, you're more likely to get the best nutrition from eating the wrapper, not the food.

That said, I still have a large part of me living in blissful denial. No, I am not a McDuck's fan, at all. but ...

Ya know those "family owned" plain old burger joints, that overload you with fries, and tend to serve almost real food? We call'em "greasy spoon joints" and... I am a sucker, and it seems I give in at least once a week. Even now I can hear my body reminding me...

"If you can't hear your arteries harden while you eat, then it just ain't food."

I promise full repentance on the next plane...

No, really!

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

i can completely relate...

we also go to "greasy spoons" once a week..or more (i work way to much )

they use real potatoes and make their own sauces..

it is a better choice then the fast food joints that's for sure...

and plus...i am Quebecoise.....i love POUTINE!!!