Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
kenticus

Default Rod Serling hosts officially sanctioned ufo film?

I found this today on another forum. It is an hour & thirty minutes long, hosted by Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame. In the intro, it expresses thanks & cooperation from NASA & the DOD. Can anyone help me verify it's authenticity?

There is a old story of a film producer who was invited to Kirtland AFB, shown documents, stills & film of ufos, & asked to produce a movie based on these documents. the story relates that the AF liason had been given the go ahead to release this stuff to a reputable producer (some versions say it was HBO) & get this made with the full backing of the government. At the "last minute", permission was denied to use ANY of the govt. footage & the producer was asked to use special effects instead. Most versions of this story end here, with the film co. out thousands of dollars in pre-production costs & no way to make this thing. Supposedly the film was abandoned & yet here we have a early 70's ufo movie that seems to fit the bill.

For what its worth, Linda Moulton Howe relates a similar meeting with the infamous Rick Doty. In my mind, that alone makes this film wierd enough to check out.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...03682843029418
Old 09-26-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
GenerationIke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Rod Serling hosts officially sanctioned ufo film?

Nick Sagan might be able to produce a partial answer, if it involved Rod Serling. His father, Carl Sagan, and Serling were neighbors in Ithaca, NY when he was a boy. And of course, I would check out any place where there is Rod Serling stuff stored there in Ithaca or here in the Finger Lakes area. His old production company Cayuga Productions was named after the Lake his boyhood home was on. And he used to do his writing here by the lake. Also, his old cabin is here by the lake. And he still has family living here in upstate New York. Does this help you?
GenerationIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:38 AM   #3
kenticus

after watching this film, with such familiar names shown as Vallee, Al Chop, Col. Friend, & J. Allen Hynek personally giving interviews on camera, I'm sold.

This is one amazing film. I cant believe I haven't heard it's name before.
The lack of feedback in a place like this is staggering. Not one person here has an opinion on this????
Old 09-26-2008, 01:07 AM   #4
Banned

I noticed this when I saw the film years ago. In a field where stories are rehashed and repeated over and over again I was suprised to hear things that I didn't remember hearing before, since this movie is from the 70s. I think some of the info in the film is obvious disinfo, which should be expected if the DOD was outwardly cooperating with the production.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:04 AM   #5
Arcane Son
Avalon Senior Member

Hmmmm... I can't say I have ever come across this documentary before. Hosted by Rod Serling eh! *Cue twilight zone theme*

Will post more when I have watched it in full. Major red flags raised in my mind already though if NASA and DOD were involved.

Thnaks for posting this Kenticus. At the very least it will make for an interesting watch.
Arcane Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:01 AM   #6
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

Serling's done two that I know of in the early eighties, perhaps more. Nothing spectacular these days in those old day films, but gosh at the time the film must have really razzle-dazzled folks watching it on their TV sets!! I know it as I watched the other Serling-narrated UFO doc which ignited my interest and research ever-since.
RSF

Oh, LMH knows her stuff eg:micron multi-layered elliptical sample of bismuth/magnesium minerals reportedly kept by the Sirocco Army man from /47. Which are refractory to right angles from electrostatic/electromagnetic charges. Or, the "Shape Shifting Reptilian report, which I believe, there's Still stuff to research there...
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote