Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Default Animal Spirit

I am posting this new thread under spirituality as I am celebrating the spiritual aspect of the animals we live with and near.

I don"t know if anyone else is noticing this but over the last few years I find my animals becoming friendly with each other. Sort of like the lion lying down with the lamb.

A few years back we had a litter of Jack Russell puppies born to our bitch Meg.At the same time we had two ginger cats called Jake and Fat Man. Well those cats took over the puppies as they started to move about, and taught them about cats. They played with the puppies, washed them, disciplined them, and so often you'd find the whole mess of pups and cats asleep together. I watched fascinated as Meg (the wee bitch) and Jake worked out the rules of how they would play together. They were quite precise in their actions, there was a mental telepathy going on between them.

Our next odd couple was a wild pig, my daughter had caught and my horse Cheeky. The tiny pig was only in captivity a couple of days when it escaped, and I thought, that was that, won't see him again! But no, about a week later, just on dusk, I saw the little pig we had called Pumba, dancing around our pet lamb tied up under the tree. They became great mates, but then as the pig grew bigger it decided it was a horse and set out to befriend the horses on the property. By this time we could hand feed him and rub his tummy. As many of you will know pigs are considered enemies of horses because a pig would eat a horse, and horses know it!. My lot proceeded to kick the **** out of Pumba but he was undeterred. He loved those horses and trained them to accept him, and put up with the bites and kicks until they did. He visited the neighbours horses as well. All my neighbours were intriqued by this mad pig and nobody would dare shoot him.

I was a bit concerned about a wild pig and whether or not he would become vicious. When I asked within about this, I got. "He will always mirror your own level of consciousness" And that was true. He was such a character and was never shut up. It was rather sad and funny when he decided my horse Cheeky was his mate and kept trying to woo him!!! He gave up after about a year of hanging round the horses with none of them falling for his charms. It was sort of Mission Impossible. Anyway he headed for the hills and we havent seen him since. But we've heard tell of a very large boar up there that has avoided being shot.

Have any other members had funny experiences with animal behaviour? They fascinate me. Our animals reflect us. If you want to find out what a person is like underneath the image they portray, just study their animals or pets

Love and Light

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Animal Spirit

I do not have such interesting experiences with animals. i have two cats, a boy and a girl but the girl has never liked the boy because as a rule, she hates other cats. However I love them dearly and they show me their affection several times a day and night. I love animals in general. Sometimes I think I prefer them to people.
I hope this thread will continue, providing all animal lovers with interesting stories. I will read them all with pleasure.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks burgundia, I was beginning to think no members had animals in their lives!

I am re-reading the Anastasia books and studying them. I am fascinated by the animal interactions described in these books and I have some experience myself of communicating with animals telepathically.

To tame the savage beast. As I said before in opening this thread, our animals reflect us. I have many different animals. One recent addition was a big black Angus bull for my cow Carmen. After all, no bull, no calf, no milk! Anyway my son had said to me " Don't turn your back on him," in other words don't trust that he won't charge you. Hes only been here since Christmas and now he allows me to pat him, and hes first up to the fence when I go milking. Of course its cupboard love, I do feed him, but I'm amazed at how quickly he's become quiet and gentle like all my other animals.

I also experenced pychic communication with my horse a few years back. I had a new horse which I was a bit nervous of and was fussing around and unsure about getting on. I heard distinctly in my mind "For God's sake get on, I;m just as nervous of you as you are of me" I was so startled I got on immediately and he was fine.

Cheers

Carmen
Old 01-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

In the Anastasia books grandfathers corrects the knowledge of ancient Russia, of the Vedrus people, the old pagans. The historians had stated that these people hunted all the animals and grandfather said no, they were domesticated, many of them and that the woolly mamouths for instance were used like we used draft horses in the old days. They were never killed and eaten. One reason being that there would be so much meat at one time, that it would go to waste. They were quiet and gentle animals.

I love this vision of the animals (all animals) as friends and helpmates. This is definitely part of my vision of the New World, the New Heaven. I see it happening now with my own animals.

Love and Light

Carmen
Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post

I love this vision of the animals (all animals) as friends and helpmates. This is definitely part of my vision of the New World, the New Heaven. I see it happening now with my own animals.

Love and Light

Carmen
This is part of my vision too. I have always suffered at the thought that some animals hunt and eat other animals. I have always dreamt of the world where it isn't so.
When it comes to the Anastasia books I've already told my father to designate a place for me in his garden where I would plant and take care of my own vegetables following Anastasia's way. It will be an experiment for me.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

I love the way Anastasia focuses on the solution and refuses to give any mind to the controllers. Her vision is so expansive and workable.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #7
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Great thread, here's a piece of an article from Penelope Smith......

I have communicated with animals all my life. Since 1971, I have successfully used with animals the same counseling techniques that help humans through traumas and problems. Over the years of listening and talking to thousands of animals and counseling them and their people, I have routinely seen upsets and problems resolve, negative behavior disappears, illnesses and injuries heal speedily, and warmth and communion between humans and animals blossom. For those who are skeptical and need physical proof of telepathic communication, these often-dramatic changes are evidence.

Although the ability to communicate telepathically usually is lost in childhood in our culture, where there is love for animals and willingness to re-learn, that ability can be revived. The rewards are mutual expansion and delight for human and non-human.

The first thing you can do to start on the road to direct communication with animals is to discard any condescending attitude that animals are lower, less evolved, or less intelligent beings. This kind of attitude blocks true communication with animals, just as it does with humans. Regard animals with respect, openness and as potential teachers, and this alone will enable you to observe them with a fresh light and open up a wellspring of information from them about who and how they are.

Here's the link to the rest of the article.... http://www.animalcommunicators.net/a...munication.htm
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #8
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for that info Dantheman62, Has anyone read a book called "The Tao of Equus" I think its out of print now unfortunately. Its set in America and its about a horses as helper/councillors of people with trauma and stuck issues. For instance, a formally abused black stallion, who is being rehabilitated, teaches a troubled, angry teenage boy about himself. The observing of the stallion, by the boy, as he is gently directed to trust in humans again, is the boys learning also.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:05 AM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

The Tao of Equus: A Woman's Journey of Healing and Transformation through the Way of the Horse by Linda Kohanov

BUY IT NEW

• $24.95 Online price
  • $19.96 Member price
  • Add To List uiAction=GetAllLists&page=List&pageType=list&ean=9 781577311829&productCode=BK&maxCount=100&threshold =3
Details
Usually ships within 24 hours
Delivery Times and Shipping Rates

BUY IT USED

22 used from $1.99
Used Copies Available from our Authorized Sellers.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...inda%2DKohanov
Old 01-13-2009, 02:08 AM   #10
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you thank you thank you. I had bought it second hand then gave it away to a friend, so havent had it for ages. Have you read it Danthemam62

Cheers

Carmen
Old 01-13-2009, 02:12 AM   #11
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

No, not much of a horse guy. Not because I don't like them, just haven't ever been around them at all. Had one step on my little toe when I was young.....Ouch!

Here's another link for the book... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...kstorenow56-20

Last edited by Dantheman62; 01-13-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:18 AM   #12
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Thanks for that info Dantheman62, Has anyone read a book called "The Tao of Equus" I think its out of print now unfortunately. Its set in America and its about a horses as helper/councillors of people with trauma and stuck issues. For instance, a formally abused black stallion, who is being rehabilitated, teaches a troubled, angry teenage boy about himself. The observing of the stallion, by the boy, as he is gently directed to trust in humans again, is the boys learning also.

Hi Carmen.

Haven't read that book yet but it is in my extensive collection (3000+)

Our cat and dog sleep in the same "dogbed" together - so cute!
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:20 AM   #13
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Okay Im going to expand on this thread a bit because there is more to learn from human's interaction with the animal world. Many of you would have seen the movie"Horse Whisperer". It was mainly hollywood bs, but horse whispering is about learning the language that the horses use between themselves. It is fascinating to watch an accomplished horseman work in this way with horses. Seems as though the best western cowboys always worked this way. Anyway when learns this knowledge and applies it. It is quite magic.

The point I wish to make in all of this preamble is that in the old days a horse was 'broken in". What the breaking was, was the breaking of its spirit. It became an obedient automatom. And the spirit left in degrees. Its something Ive woken to gradually over the years, as I was brought up with the belief that a horse was broken in and then able to be ridden. When a horse is left spiritless, he is quite dangerous. He does think for himself. He only obeys. Is this beginning to sound similiar to what the dark side have arranged for us!!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 AM   #14
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

I missed out the not. He does not think for himself. I have experienced this phenomena with a horse bought from the racing industry ( a trotter) We travelled several horses by truck to go horse trekking and this particular horse was to be the pack horse. When we unloaded this horse, he stood at the top of the steep ramp, with a glazed look in his eye, then stepped off the side into mid air. When he picked himself up I looked into his eyes and there was nobody home. Took me a moment to realize he literally was not 'all there".

Gradually this young horse 'came to' and the first manifestation of this was a 'no' I will not comply. It was interesting to watch. He's now a very happy horse and unrecognisalbe from what he was.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #15
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

Animals are truly our helpers and can be our best teachers.
One founder of a new school for psychic research in my area says it was her contact with horses (she was a competing equestrian) that let her get in contact with her own psychic abilities.

We live happily with our three cats. One was 'lost' for 14,5 months, survived and was found and brought back. She has learned to get along with the two others that we got when she was away. Interesting to see their 'negotiations',

I have heard one cat expressing a language in distinct syllables forming a kind of sentence to her kitten. Her kitten had been born outside, and had a hard time learning to be comfortable with humans. I would just see her little behind, tail high, as she scrambled when I brought them food.

'Tell her that I am not dangerous' I said to the mother cat. A brief pause, then came the 'sentence'. I felt honored and humbled having been privy to this unique moment.
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #16
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

I'm having conversations with a bull at the moment! His roars echo round the valley in the early morning for me to come feed him. Have any forum members studied or read anything about the Huna traditions of Hawaii.? Possibly Carol does. In it they discuss the animal natures of people. Can be quite a fun excercise working out your animal nature and of friends and family! Some are obvious, others are not. I do it sometimes with members of this forum!!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:47 AM   #17
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Now! About the ducks! Thought you'd got rid of this thread huh? LOL

The adaptability of animals amazes me. We had three Pekin ducks given to us a few years ago. Two ducks and a drake,with lots of advice from the owner as to how she looks after them. This breed has been domesticated for many many years and live in close proximity to people, hence they have lost much of their natural instinct.

Well, these ducks were released onto our ponds and left to get on with living by themselves without much help apart from some grain. They were fine for awhile until the harrier hawks discovered them. With their white feathers, they kind of stuck out like beacons. They were useless mothers and lost most of their ducklings soon after hatching, and I dispaired of them surviving. Anyway, this spring we were down to two females, and when one of them disappeared, I though that was the end of them. Two days later they both appeared on the pond with a clutch of eight ducklings, brown, obviously sired by a wild mallard drake. Nature had adapted.

Cheers

Carmen
Old 01-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #18
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Hi Carmen, great post. In my career as a coach driver i meet some interesting and wonderful people. Just last year , i did a tour to "o'reilly's forest resort " in QLD with a group of proffesionals retired (Probus). Every night we sat and talked during our dinner. But one night,
i sat with a gentleman who was a vet. This man told me the most wonderful story about animals i had ever heard. I don't remember all the details, but one part he liked to discuss was his ability to communicate with 'cows'.

His wife, (who was his secretary for many years) said that it was incredible to watch. He would walk into a paddock, and the cows would walk to him and show affection towards him.
She said he knew just by touching the cow what was wrong with her. He was good with all animals, but cows were extra special. Is that a cow whisperer?
Anyhow, its a shame that a man with that ability retired.

Henry
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #19
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

I think many good animal handlers have this communication ability, without being able to voice it. Its a 'knowing'. Since having another house cow this season I have realized what close friendships cows have with each other. We had a very old cow from the dairy herd that I put in with my housecow. There was two of them actually, but one of them my cow approached and proceeded to lick her, all over her face! It was like a cow face massage. I was fascinated. They obviously knew each other from their time in the large dairy herd.

Cheers

Carmen
Old 01-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #20
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I once read an article about a woman who communicated with animals. she said that cows communicated by creating mental pictures in their heads ans she could see those pictures. i do not remember the details but the article was fascinating to me and everything sounded very, very plausible.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #21
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
I once read an article about a woman who communicated with animals. she said that cows communicated by creating mental pictures in their heads ans she could see those pictures. i do not remember the details but the article was fascinating to me and everything sounded very, very plausible.
Apparently this is how all animals communicate from what I hear. But that is not the only way, as this story shows:

I have a friend that is able to communicate with animals. He was the owner of the little kitten that was born outside and having a hard time to get used to humans. Sara is her name.

She had trouble with her own grandmother cat, as did her mother, the daughter of this stern cat.

Sara finally moved into his house at 4 months of age, but she remained a very difficult cat to handle. After 3 ardeous years we were on the verge of giving up. I still had a part responsibility for her welfare as the owner was travellling frequently.

We talked about taking her to the vet, when I was able to find a new home for her with a lady who had 9 cats in her house. She works for the Humane Society. When we brought her Sara, the lady said, after having had her in the house for 1 hour, 'She is going to be my own cat, I'm not going to find another home for her'.

Well, such a wonderful solution. Sara's mother missed her difficult little child that had caused everyone so much anxiety. My friend said: 'She asked me where Sara was. I told her Sara was fine.'

How did she ask you? 'Well, it is difficult to translate into English, but she used body language and became Sara'.

I still shake my head in disbelief and awe. How I would have loved to be an eyewitness to this!

Last edited by Josefine; 01-14-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #22
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

Can anyone comment on sheep?
Years ago I was told that sheep from Skye to Dorset are very unhappy. The sheep did not communicate directly with the person who was telling me about them, but she could see a lot of red around them, and feel their collective misery to the extent that she did not enjoy visiting the country so much.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #23
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Sheep are just as intelligent as any other animal. The perception has been one of dumb sheep following each other. Animals are miserable when they are not honoured, and they are used and abused. I find them extremely intelligent. I had a pet lamb a few years back that had been put back in the mob and didnt really exhibit much petness anymore. Anyway she got flystrike, (flies lay their eggs on the back end of sheep and the maggots eat through the flesh, horrible!) She knew she was in trouble and she came to the gate and baaed and camped there till we noticed and rescued her. She knew the humans would help.

Another aspect of herd animals I find interesting is that they put their babies into nurseries. All the young animals stay in one place at the time when the herd needs to go off grazing. Two or three female nannies will be looking after the nursery. All herd animals do this.

Another thing is that behaviour in a herd is matriachial. The senior females teach the young ones the rules of the herd. A mare, on giving birth starts training the foal before she even gets to her feet sometimes. That foal has to be ready to run with the herd and follow orders, or else he may be in trouble.

Monty Roberts described this disciplining very well. He was observing a wild herd of horses at night. When a youngster played up, say attacked another young one, the mamas would tolerate it a little while, but if the behaviour persisted. She would hit that colt full on and force him out of the herd. He would be banished, and to be banished was to be vulnerable to predators. The dominant mare would keep an eye on him, facing him. That meant he was out, not allowed back. After a certain time, she would turn side on to him which was the indicator that he could come back in. When he did come back she would make a big fuss of him and groom him with her teeth. The punishment was over and hopefully he had learned his lesson.

Cheers

Carmen
Old 01-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #24
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Carmen.
I've just been phoned by a friend who reminded me of her observation of one sheep that had fallen into a ditch being helped to scramble out by another sheep before she could reach them to offer her help.
Thanks for a lovely thread.
love to all
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #25
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

I have learned about animals through observing them most of my life. One aspect of animal behavior that is so evident to me now, is that they "exactly" mirror the consciousness that they interact with. I watched fascinated the other day as our newest cat, a little kitten played with my grandchildren. My daughter and I have delighted in watching her 15 month toddler and the kitten play with each other. They play beautifully, and in sinc with each other. Anyway, when my other daughter had her children here, they also played with the kitten. My grandson is seven and loves to tease and annoy. (just like a boy) Well the kitten gave as good as she got. Was leaping in the air to scratch his face! She was matching his behaviour, his consciousness. If anyone, without knowing, had observed this they would have said that the kitten was vicious and should not be around a baby for instance. No, she just mirrored him, the naughty boy!!

This explains to me, the story in the bible of Daniel in the lions den. The lions resonated to the powerful loving consciousness of a Godlike person.

Cheers

Carmen