Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Default To Anchor: The Crumblng Foundation

To Anchor: The Crumblng Foundation
I am going to state this the only way I know how for those of you far more brilliant than i you can tear it down and using your superior knowledge look for another way to do it or simply ignore it as nothing but a mere insect like a fly bothering them

when you build anything you need to prepare the area before you build it when you renovate or changer things in a hose you must demo the area you plan on altering before you can start making changes . i see many new people her at avalon that have grand ideas that one can simply ignore what has been going on and begin to create anew the new Padrigram or way of living . To look at new ways of doing things is fine and yes I know that we must alter how we do things to enable a brighter future for all of us . But he fundamental thing that must take place before we can start is the crumbling or the demolition of the old one. To start now the new way while the old way still is in existence is akin to building a new house on a crumbling old foundation . We all know that if the foundation is bad then sooner or later so to will be the finished product.

You look at the native indian teachings and what do they tell us ? These peoples were here from the last world and have been through this you don`t here them tell of building new padrigrams in their teachings no they talk of being aware, Chaos and of letting go and seeing who is with you floating around in the river . Some here think the transition is going to be smooth and painless and i read be the change you want to see. Some want to believe they will be untouchable by what is coming to them I can only shake my head for there is not a single person on this earth that will not be affected in some way or another by the coming changes be they man made or by mother nature

I have watched many bright minds leave this forum but also know many more are in the process of doing like wise . I can only wonder where this forum would be if not for those people donating large sums of money to keep this boat floating . A ship with out a captain is comparable to a row Boat with out Oars. The mod`s here pay a price for all they do here not so much what goes on at the board but from what we are not allowed to see. I have an idea what goes on behind the scene`s but will keep that to myself . I am a member on a few other boards besides this one so if you will Anchor please consider deleting my account after today
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:59 AM   #2
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: To Anchor: The Crumblng Foundation

Positive Reinforcement is a valid and powerful concept. If a building simply needs remodeling...you don't want to demolish it. This world should not be demolished in order to make it better.

I tend to think that the people behind the scenes go through hell...especially regarding the controversial subjects and passionate people who frequent Avalon. I am damn sure that there are those who are very opposed to that which is presented...and let it be known...in no uncertain terms.

It sounds like you are considering joining the exodus. Please reconsider. Sometimes I think that we get too close to the light...and our wings melt or catch fire.

I value all of the perspectives here on Avalon...including the ones I completely disagree with. They challenge me to think differently.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:08 AM   #3
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Northern Boy,

I have read many of your posts over the last year, and would
be sorry to see you go- as I was myplanet2.

I know what it's like to feel as if your time is up at a particular
way station.

Only you know if this just a bad day or something more. One can
always take a vacation....

Sincerely....
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #4
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Northern Boy, I concur with what Orthodoxymoron and Fiiish have said above. Different perspectives are the way to go. It is not easy to be on the crest of the wave. But we came here to be pioneers and not sheep.
I think we all need to take special care to restore ourselves these days. Just a pause works wonders sometimes.
Best wishes what ever you do.

Love Always,
Bushycat
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:45 AM   #5
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

NB

I do hope you reconsider and return with your expertise advise. I valued your postings and always felt that I could count on you throwing in your ideas.

Well this place will be not be the same as way too many are leaving.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 AM   #6
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Well this place will be not be the same as way too many are leaving
You can't replace people, but there will be new arrivals as well....
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:52 AM   #7
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIIISH View Post
Yes, the evolving forum......
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:00 AM   #8
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIIISH View Post
I feel the same way but I do understand where NB is coming from.

I dont like what I am feeling in this place myself much lately. Sorry, wasn't going to put it out there.

Avalon has changed. I liked it better being an observer
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #9
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

I agree that Avalon has changed. Not surprising really.

Anyone who wants to leave is welcome to do that.

I dont really understand the analogy of crumbling foundations - I think you credit us with "planning". I would venture that there has been no planning and a lot of "reacting" and that is stressful for the moderators.

Now we have some system problems into the mix which means extra support work because external email is still frelled up.

We made a new group for retiring members. At the moment, we have found that deleting users is risky - we have seen some accounts deleted that were not intended - and it causes people unnecessary heartache if that happens to them, so anyone leaving at the moment gets moved to a group that locks them down. (It also gives the option of later reinstatement.)

In the title - did you mean to Anchor, or to Avalon?

A energy and time/period of great change has visited the Earth. Life has changed. People have changed. The metaphysical structure of the matrix in which we live is changed.

My observation is that amongst the squabbles, fearmongering and obsession with bad news there have been some posts/contributions on this forum recently that are so freaking amazing they should be measured on the richter scale. Simply reading them will propogate the sorts of change we need.

A real uptick in quality.

With that said, it is very sad to see you "retire" from Avalon.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #10
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Secrets...at avalon! No! If people want to keep knowledge and information from others that seems to be par for the course on this planet so I'm not really surprised.

Ahhh...don't hold out on me now?! Well Northern Boy...it is what it is and I am thankful for all that you have shared with us here. I do hope you will consider stoping in for a visit from time to time. Geeze man... you live right around the corner i mean actually stop in for a visit. I got a great book to show you and perhaps we can discuss some of the metaphysical changes that are here and have our own future talk.

The evolution of Avalon. What a strange thing it is. I do hope many of the former members will return and share in the future with others but really we came here with a mission and a good portion of it has been completed.

As Anchor said the matrix we live in is changing and we must change with it. What ever path life takes you on I wish you nothing but success. May the original foundation of this castle burn bright in your heart as we continue to move into the most amazing future. Peace be with you northern boy! Its been a blast man! Hope to see you soon.

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 10-02-2009 at 07:37 AM.
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #11
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
The mod`s here pay a price for all they do here not so much what goes on at the board but from what we are not allowed to see. I have an idea what goes on behind the scene`s but will keep that to myself .
OMG "...what we are not allowed to see."
WTF do you think we are hiding?
We are not privy to any information that Bill and Kerry are withholding. At least not since I came on board as a mod. They don't communicate with us at all other than a couple of times I've talked to Kerry because I called her - and once in a while an answer to an email.

I'll tell you the price I've paid ...
I've sat at the computer for hours on end waiting for an admin to come around and help me with a problem. I've spent way too much time in front of this screen radiating myself, changing subject lines, giving out free passes, trying to figure out just exactly where it was a thread went south and who I need to address about that. I've made myself ill, but I'm done with that! Cutting back 80% on the time I spend here.

Lately I've been making any decision that needs to be made about anything basically on my own. There is no F'N conspiracy behind the scenes on this forum.

We censor nothing except personal attacks on other forum members.

Last edited by Karen; 10-02-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #12
shred
Avalon Senior Member

Northern Boy, If you feel your time here is coming to an end then I bid you farwell & peace & love to you. Your contributions, posts & dedication to getting information on the forums & out to the readers has been exemplary and has not gone un-noticed ! IF you leave , i hope you return , if you stay then I hope you dont leave anytime soon as Im sure this game looks to get very interesting in the coming months and if theres one that i have learned recently..friends should stick together & stay in contact.

Peace & love to you

Shred
shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #13
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Northern Boy, I really appreciate you, your posts are always remarkable and sincere, and thank you for them. But I would like to tell you that it is not good just to say "I have an idea what goes on behind the scene`s but will keep that to myself" (???!!!).
Why only for your self? If you wish us well tell us what you know about the “scene behind Avalon”. In oposite, you are only sowing discord on Avalon. This is insulting…
So, please, if you have something to tell us, do it. I really feel bad when somebody is leaving Avalon, but anyway everybody has its own reasons.

Respect
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
We are not privy to any information that Bill and Kerry are withholding. At least not since I came on board as a mod. They don't communicate with us at all other than a couple of times I've talked to Kerry because I called her - and once in a while an answer to an email.

I've sat at the computer for hours on end waiting for an admin to come around and help me with a problem. I've spent way too much time in front of this screen radiating myself, changing subject lines, giving out free passes, trying to figure out just exactly where it was a thread went south and who I need to address about that. I've made myself ill, but I'm done with that! Cutting back 80% on the time I spend here.

Lately I've been making any decision that needs to be made about anything basically on my own. There is no F'N conspiracy behind the scenes on this forum.

Dear Karen,

why is it that you are on your own and made yourself ill by being online far too much , working for Avalon forum?
What do you think?

Hug, Jenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #15
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:

I know you aren't appreciated Karen.....Sorry

Being a computer guy...I know how unappreciated things can get.

Let's start with the base and work our way back up ....IN A POSITIVE MANNER

Those think that this is not working.....Give us a concrete example of what FORUM like this that is working.

We keep looking for leaders to guide this board in a certain direction....that ain't there.

It's like an inviting bench in a public park....Sit down and have a say but the 2 folks...4 folks ...8 folks have no rules except those taught by their parents. Be polite...Let others speak....Speak when it's your turn....AND THE BIG one: You're not going to agree with everyone else...so be nice.

I came here right as this was starting up thinking the B&K would chime in with words of wisdom and guidance....We all know that ain't going to happen

They are busy busy folks.....I honestly felt really disappointed at their absence but I think I need to grow out of that.

Others may feel the same frustration....or frustrated no one is in charge...or guiding the board.

Then they take it out on the line leaders: The Karens and the Anchors...their name says something different than mine...so they are responsible....Nope...they ain't

What I'm saying is that it's time for most of us to grow up.

I took my ball and went home last month but then I thought...well that's more than immature.

So I'm back....and I hope to help this place re-grow into something better.

Nothing hiding behind the curtain here....I think everyone let too much hang out
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

I am going to describe what is behind the scenes. What you are not "allowed" to see...

1) There is a Moderator forum with several sub-forums - these are used to communicate between moderators. It used to be used a lot in the days of chaos (pre-subscription) so that consensus on moderation actions could be achieved. These days it is incredibly low volume and is more of a thread- or post- pointer store for items requiring other moderator attention and gift/sub administration or forum administrator request management.

2) There is also a chat window that viewable by all moderators and admins and is typically used for one line comments in real time. It is of questionable value for moderating, especially as now we only have very few active moderators and low traffic volumes.

3) There is an administrator forum for those with administrator rights. This is used to document important security measures and any changes in forum structure and any extraordinary administrator actions that are needed.

4) There are a number of forums that seemed like good ideas but never went anywhere. There are no posts in them.

The reason you are not allowed to see (1) or (2) is that moderators have to have a place where they can make judgment and discuss judgments made. This is not public discussion and you basically have to trust the moderators to be responsible and moderate each-other.

The reason you or the moderators are not allowed to see (3) is more to do with matters of forum security.

Keeping the ones in (4) out of view avoids disorganization.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #17
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Wow I was shocked when you said you were leaving NB you bring so much to this forum. I will miss you.

On the other hand let us all remember that life shows up directly from your own perceptions of what you have going on inside you.

We think it is something outside of us pissing us off when it is stuff deep in our shadow we don't want to see or acknowledge.

This is a good thing and a bad thing, good that it is coming up to the surface, bad if one believes it is the Truth about what they are seeing.

When one consciously realizes we don't know anything truly, one can truly start to know.
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #18
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

We will miss you on here my friend.
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #19
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
To Anchor: The Crumblng Foundation
I am going to state this the only way I know how for those of you far more brilliant than i you can tear it down and using your superior knowledge look for another way to do it or simply ignore it as nothing but a mere insect like a fly bothering them

when you build anything you need to prepare the area before you build it when you renovate or changer things in a hose you must demo the area you plan on altering before you can start making changes . i see many new people her at avalon that have grand ideas that one can simply ignore what has been going on and begin to create anew the new Padrigram or way of living . To look at new ways of doing things is fine and yes I know that we must alter how we do things to enable a brighter future for all of us . But he fundamental thing that must take place before we can start is the crumbling or the demolition of the old one. To start now the new way while the old way still is in existence is akin to building a new house on a crumbling old foundation . We all know that if the foundation is bad then sooner or later so to will be the finished product.

You look at the native indian teachings and what do they tell us ? These peoples were here from the last world and have been through this you don`t here them tell of building new padrigrams in their teachings no they talk of being aware, Chaos and of letting go and seeing who is with you floating around in the river . Some here think the transition is going to be smooth and painless and i read be the change you want to see. Some want to believe they will be untouchable by what is coming to them I can only shake my head for there is not a single person on this earth that will not be affected in some way or another by the coming changes be they man made or by mother nature

I have watched many bright minds leave this forum but also know many more are in the process of doing like wise . I can only wonder where this forum would be if not for those people donating large sums of money to keep this boat floating . A ship with out a captain is comparable to a row Boat with out Oars. The mod`s here pay a price for all they do here not so much what goes on at the board but from what we are not allowed to see. I have an idea what goes on behind the scene`s but will keep that to myself . I am a member on a few other boards besides this one so if you will Anchor please consider deleting my account after today
SO I want to ask you: What will work?

I'm not saying goodbye.....I'm challenging you to make it better!!!!!!!!!!!
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #20
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 View Post
I know you aren't appreciated Karen.....Sorry

Being a computer guy...I know how unappreciated things can get.

Let's start with the base and work our way back up ....IN A POSITIVE MANNER

Those think that this is not working.....Give us a concrete example of what FORUM like this that is working.

We keep looking for leaders to guide this board in a certain direction....that ain't there.

It's like an inviting bench in a public park....Sit down and have a say but the 2 folks...4 folks ...8 folks have no rules except those taught by their parents. Be polite...Let others speak....Speak when it's your turn....AND THE BIG one: You're not going to agree with everyone else...so be nice.

I came here right as this was starting up thinking the B&K would chime in with words of wisdom and guidance....We all know that ain't going to happen

They are busy busy folks.....I honestly felt really disappointed at their absence but I think I need to grow out of that.

Others may feel the same frustration....or frustrated no one is in charge...or guiding the board.

Then they take it out on the line leaders: The Karens and the Anchors...their name says something different than mine...so they are responsible....Nope...they ain't

What I'm saying is that it's time for most of us to grow up.

I took my ball and went home last month but then I thought...well that's more than immature.

So I'm back....and I hope to help this place re-grow into something better.

Nothing hiding behind the curtain here....I think everyone let too much hang out

Very wise words stargazer....when you said we are looking for leaders that are not there.....I began thinking that this forum is going through what the world is going through from old paradigm to new something unrecognizable and unknown.
We used to look for leaders, but now we are all turning into leaders, each with their own voice and power yet we remain as one too.

I see this forum going through its perceived ups and downs as it manifests into something even more. Of course some will P*I*S*S and moan because it is unfamiliar and often times scary or unsettling.

If we all continue to be who we are it will all manifest accordingly.
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #21
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

I am a proud member of a large worldwide motorcycle association. Over the 10 years I have been involved I have witnessed the growth from a national level to an individual chapter level. Experienced the coming and goings of so many talented people put in charge of something or not and leaving because of so many reasons. Some really great talent leaving that had so many postives on this association.

But what's really going on is as groups of people grow so does the dynamics of the group as it constantly changes, some adapt to the change and some leave, it's just the growing pains of growth. And as for those who are saying that many don't have any idea of what is really happening behind the scenes, that statement is absolutely correct and frankly after my 10 years of experience with some of the issues behind the scenes in my motorcycle association it's better that a small group of people take care of it and keep it quiet than expose it to everyone. I really don't want to know as it's like getting sucked into a vortex and I'd rather not.

I was here close to the beginning and am here to stay and as the growth takes place on this site"Team Avalon", we will see talent come and go but there will always remain a core group here . That doesn't discount anybody who have left for one reason or another because while they were here they have contributed much and as I think I can speak for the majority here , they are always welcomed back anytime and are missed.

Team Avalon pressing forward into the 2012 change and beyond eliminating fear along the way by staying educated, ya baby!
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #22
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

I can vouge for this. I had access to all the goings on 'behind the scenes' so to speak for a good 6 months time. There is nothing sinister going on there, the mods and researchers are forum members like all of us. They volunteered to help, and were givin the opportunity.

Is it just me? Or does anyone else feel that Avalon is still going just fine? I don't understand why so many people have complaints here, this is one of the most friendly and open forums I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of.

The mods are humans and over worked at the mo. Just because their names are red does not mean they are mistake proof and always right with some of the views they share and decisions they make, like the rest of us.

Quote:

Last edited by Phtha; 10-02-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #23
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

NB... Thank you for your contribution and support here on planet Earth.

And allowing me and others to rub off our shortcomings through the teeter totter forum of transformational exchanges here at Avalon (teeter totter forum is a compliment meaning massive opinions and solid debate back and forth that hones the skill of perception, well for me anyway).

And a side note... NB, Mercury Retrograde energy will be over soon, perhaps see how you feel next week or two.

Or maybe you shall be joining those who are tuning in telepathically and will send and receive knowledge into the mix at lightning speed.

Either way you really can't go anywhere.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #24
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
Is it just me? Or does anyone else feel that Avalon is still going just fine? I don't understand why so many people have complaints here, this is one of the most friendly and open forums I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of.
I thought it was going great for being on the front lines of new peaceful earth. AS Christo says give it a few more days. Giovonni said it in a thread...BALANCE IS KEY! I was listening

The new energies since 999 have been intense in my life. I have notcied that when I get out of balance things seem to go hay wire faster then ever yet at the same time I have noticed that I can turn it back around again just as faster then ever. When I on the odd ocasion find sometihng keeping me out of balance or stuck to the old world energies these to me are some of the things that need cleared in out lives...the crumbs that need sweeping up as what MP2 said. Just gotta deal with them as they arise. I dont really understand astrology as well as some but I am sure that the cosmic tunning fork is playing havoc with us all and the way that we communicate can be affected in this process. I hardly even like writting long posts anymore because pictures just say it better sometimes. My energy reading skills are getting stronger! I can sense the energies of people around me especially if they are strongly polorized in a positive or negative charge but do still enjoy reading and writing. I am sure that the doors are always open here. I am one who has received a free pass through the gate and am way beyond thankful for the opportunity to be a member of a global community that are the leaders! The galactic pioneers! i came into this mix with nothing and i still got most of it left. There are about to be so many amazing things for those that want them! im in so deep. Im so far down the rabbit hole im up the rabbit hole. I'm totally serious...AVALON SAVED MY LIFE and i will never forget the intense energy of posting online in the worlds public forum meant to so many. WE ARE THE GROUND CREW. Many have moved on...some forever...some temporarily...I bet many come back to check from time to time what going in here Dont ya lol. Can't fool me! Well im not much of a mason but I can build a wall of truth Wheres my galactic helmet and safety boots...I got work to do...I might start making round tables in my shop. Please keep sharing...don't ever give up. where else are people going to go when things get absolutely insane crazy loco out there....disclosure...exposure...2009... are people really ready?! Somethings Brewing?!?!?! Were going to need all the fresh minds and friends we can get. You are the leaders and teachers of new peaceful earth!!! Learn > Teach > Learn > Teach... Much Love to you all... NB take a break and to all other members of Avalon, if i dont see you back here on the forum I know at the very least I'll catch ya on the flipside. Go team!

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 10-02-2009 at 06:46 PM.
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #25
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo888 View Post

Either way you really can't go anywhere.

Exactly, I just take a break now and then from here, few weeks, a month, whatever it takes.
I'm always glad to stick around though, and get rewarded time and again with great tid bits of knowledge from the members.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote