Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #26
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: We Have DAYS To Stop the $700 Billion Stick-Up (and Fascist Power Grab)

Hi Trippin Ninja,

Yes, you're absolutely right. The original draft said that. However we must assume that somebody noticed the small print and has sorted that out, for example it's been reported of an agreement to free the funds stage by stage as opposed to all at once.

One of the things that people need to be aware of is that there will/needs to be a retraction of the credit market after the bail out plan is put into place.
You can't bail out a company buying bad loans, just for these companies to return making bad loans. Tere needs to be new restrictions as to who can receive a loan from their bank or mortgage company, wich makes credit harder to get, and consequently less credit available, thus the market should shrink which will hit the bottom line of these big companies.

The government needs to think about what these companies will do once their bottom line goes south. Are they wanting this bail out to take the money and run or are they wanting the bail out to sound out their books and learn to work with less money?

Either wy, the American taxpayer will foot the bill for the bail out, many taxpayers will not be able to get credit once the bail out happens and nobody knows if they will have to re-bail out any companies because of the shrinking market? It's a risky thing to do. Once you leave the flood gates ajar...

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippin Ninja View Post
This bailout itself doesn't stop at 700 billion.

Paulson’s draft bailout plans says: “The Secretary’s authority to purchase mortgage-related assets under this Act shall be limited to $700,000,000,000 outstanding at any one time.”

As Chris Martenson writes, “This means that $700 billion is NOT the cost of this dangerous legislation, it is only the amount that can be outstanding at any one time. After, say, $100 billion of bad mortgages are disposed of, another $100 billion can be bought. In short, these four little words assure that there is NO LIMIT to the potential size of this bailout. This means that $700 billion is a rolling amount, not a ceiling.”
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #27
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: We Have DAYS To Stop the $700 Billion Stick-Up (and Fascist Power Grab)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2aNK86nL0M

great interveiw .. the other parts are on jonses you tube channel
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:05 AM   #28
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member

I had a dream last night that an entity (hologram?) appeared before the Congress. It spoke to all in the House of their disappointment in the direction that mankind had taken. The greed, corruption alone within the House was disturbing. It gave them an ultimatum, they could choose to redirect this path and survive by following the steps provided by the entity; if they did not, then mankind’s destruction would be certain. It said to those who think an underground base will protect them from this destruction, it will not. I believe I chose to dream this because I am praying that Congress make the right decision regarding the Wall Street Bailout.
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:50 AM   #29
Love/Light 13
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: We Have DAYS To Stop the $700 Billion Stick-Up (and Fascist Power Grab)

tacodog-

The question is who is the entity. Does he/she really exist?? I am starting to doubt that Obama has any kind of backbone to stand up against the establishment. He has not even stood up against his parties support of the bailout plan.

may WISDOM guide COMPASSION

"out of MANY, we are ONE"
Love/Light 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:42 AM   #30
skagandboneman

Hi, as an 18 year old with a very rudimentary understanding of economics and politics, i am struggling to grasp the conflicting viewpoints on the bailout plan.

basically, my main questions are: the main opposition to the plan seems to center on the carte blanche it would grant paulson to intervene in the economy, but in the current circumstances, could such powers not be necessary? and besides the bailout plan, are there any feasible alternative plans that can be pursued?

i hope someone could help explain these to me
Old 09-26-2008, 08:30 AM   #31
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi skagandboneman,

One of the most interesting alternatives in the bail out plan came from a Latin American immigrant of the US. His idea was to instead of buying all the rotten laons for above price cost, use the same money to giva out as a rebate so that te people who are behind in their payments can get up to date.

That way the big companies won't make a profit from these bad debts.

Last night JP Morgan made an offer for WAMU knowing it will profit from the bad debts, as the goverment bail out plan that was offered allows the government to buy these bad debts at over the top prices.

Do you see how the big boys are already trying to scam the American people? Because it will be YOU footing the bill to put money into JPs' pocket.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by skagandboneman View Post
Hi, as an 18 year old with a very rudimentary understanding of economics and politics, i am struggling to grasp the conflicting viewpoints on the bailout plan.

basically, my main questions are: the main opposition to the plan seems to center on the carte blanche it would grant paulson to intervene in the economy, but in the current circumstances, could such powers not be necessary? and besides the bailout plan, are there any feasible alternative plans that can be pursued?

i hope someone could help explain these to me
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #32
Siegfried Bok

I am a brand-new Dutch member of this forum. [Please forgive me "broken English"]
I was medical scientist [cancer-researcher] and condamned by the medical society already in 1985 after finding the origin of the uncontrolled proliferation of cells, which slowly exhaust our body.
Perhaps it's too absurd for words, but cancer is a natural reactive mechanism in order to survive.
The basic origin of this strange disease is "recycling of internal wast" owing to malfunctioning of one of the organs. This function is taken over by another organ, owing to which it's recieving more nutrients and increase mitosis.
Looking at our worldsociety at that time it theatend me, because all aspects of cancer were present.
Isn't it a general saying that our society is a cancerous one?
What are the interventions in Irak, Afganisthan and other countries more than making metastases?
Strange enough cancer was perfectly described in the doctrine of acupuncture and/or the pentagram of life, which stated that all cycles in the Universe are equal ones. Cancer was said to be "the phase of turning back the cycle" or "recycling".
Without going deeper in detail now about cancer and our cancerous worldsociety related to all cosmic cycles, I can only say that like in cancer the nutricional deficit is increasing during time exactly the same can be seen in economy.[nutrients of the economy is money]
In other words: This economic crisis is a crisis of the termlnal cancer.
What's going on now in the economic world is -like in medicin - a treament of hyperalimentation.
Unfortunately it only has temporary effects.
Firstly the exhausted normal cells recieve some more nutrients, but secondly the cancercells only will dedifferentiate even more. The cancercells will become more powerfull and/or aggressive.
Unfortunately the endresult is even worse.
I feel sorry, but this is my medical point of view.
Siegfried Bok.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #33
nodrog
Avalon Senior Member

Some person(s) calling themselves/himself 'Twain' posted this on a mailing list I subscribe to. Seems to me to be best overall answer to all these financial problems.

A USA ALTERNATIVE that will provide immediate relief by returning to the people all of their assets, making credit unnecessary, and eliminating all of the house-of-cards phony baloney “markets” that everyone admits is beyond comprehension:

1. Repeal the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. Takes about five minutes to write the statute. This would provide an instant end to the $9 trillion dollar U.S. debt currently owed to the Fed for borrowing our own money that they merely print (that's what the Act actually says). What, you actually thought the country owed $9 trillion to China for making trinkets? Think again. the Fed buys most of the Treasury notes that we have to repay - and they use new money hot off the presses at a cost to them of 4 cents per bill. How do YOU think the country might fare if $9 trillion in debt were wiped out overnight? Would we be flowing in new capital? Our own capital? Rather than the banking cartels flowing in our capital?

2. Repeal the Income Tax Act of 1913 which exists to pay the interest on the debt to the Fed. How would YOU fare with the elimination of withholding from YOUR paycheck?

3. Process (finally) the Articles of Impeachment filed (and still pending) for conspiracy, fraud, unlawful conversion and treason in 1934 by Congressman Louis McFadden, the chairman of the House Banking and Currency Committee, against the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank, the Comptroller of the Currency and the Secretary of the Treasury.

4. Deliver to every media outlet in the country the following words of the world’s most knowledgeable man on the issue of banking spoken to Congress in 1934: "Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over.

"This evil institution has impoverished and ruined the people of these United States, has bankrupted itself, and has practically bankrupted our Government. It has done this through the defects of the law under which it operates, through the maladministration of that law by the Fed and through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it.

"Some people who think that the Federal Reserve Banks United States Government institutions. They are private monopolies which prey upon the people of these United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign customers; foreign and domestic speculators and swindlers; and rich and predatory money lenders. In that dark crew of financial pirates there are those who would cut a man's throat to get a dollar out of his pocket; there are those who send money into states to buy votes to control our legislatures; there are those who maintain International propaganda for the purpose of deceiving us into granting of new concessions which will permit them to cover up their past misdeeds and set again in motion their gigantic train of crime.” (Congressman Louis McFadden 1934)

5. Confiscate the total assets of the Federal Reserve Bank thereby effectively returning all the credit, liquidity and wealth that were stolen from the American people in 1913, 1933, 1964 and 2008.

Imagine that. With the mere stroke of a pen on a single piece of paper, Congress, with or without the President, could effectively:

i - Return all of the people’s wealth.
ii - End the greatest financial scam in history which will otherwise inevitably lead to tyranny, oppression and destruction of world order. iii - Restore the dignity of the American people by abandoning satanic principles such as debt, instant gratification and avoidance of responsibility.
iv - Restore dignity AND SOLVENCY to our children and grandchildren. The deeds to THEIR home should never again call them a TENANT.
v - End the vile satanic Internal Revenue Service scam that has literally destroyed the lives of hundreds of thousands of honest Americans and transferred the wealth of a nation to a private banking cartel.

If you agree with the above, might I suggest circulating it as never this plan as widely as possible? If just one noteworthy media outlet reports on these options, if Ron Paul were to come forth from his cocoom and speak out at this very moment, perhaps the course of events could be changed and your children might be spared enslavement.
It seems that Lincoln had a pretty good solution for funding the civil war. He probably died for being so successful with the money thing. But hey, what would I know?

Regards, nodrog.
nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #34
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love/Light 13 View Post
tacodog-

The question is who is the entity. Does he/she really exist?? I am starting to doubt that Obama has any kind of backbone to stand up against the establishment. He has not even stood up against his parties support of the bailout plan.

may WISDOM guide COMPASSION

"out of MANY, we are ONE"
Entity= Devine Intervention, last hope Obama has to do the political dance, you would think he would pounce on this opportunity, but then, his sponsors might not like that.
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #35
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Imbedded in the video: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CJMw...sage616928/pg1)
you will find a speech made by Marcy Kaptur from Ohio (if I got this right).
The music is unfortunate in my view (I hate it when someones uses tricks like that to touch emotional states over a subject that requires cold headedness) but I found what she had to say interesting.
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #36
Zarathustra
Avalon Senior Member

To everyone - great posts.

I think the fax/phone/email pressure on Congress is having an effect. I strongly encourage everyone to continue contacting not just your congressman and senators, but others as well. They may be spineless greedy bastards for the most part, so let's use that to our advantage. They have elections coming up, and if they are being flooded with messages letting them know that the people are aware of the criminality that has been at work here, they may do the right thing "out of fear".
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #37
DoctorTony
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
They're voting to put Al Capone in charge of the vault.
They probably cloned him too. Heck, he might even be the new anti-christ!

DoctorTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #38
Siegfried Bok

I feel sorry, but I have the idea that here are more intelligent economists than in your gouvernment.
In my humble view this crisis is a structural one.
We live already longtime in a "baken air economy" based on progressive debts.
There is lying the problem. I do'nt know how to say it correctly, but it's like "throwing a sprat to catch a mackerel".
In my humble opinion this crisis will evolve to a deeper one than in 1930.
And looking into history such a deep crisis always ends in war.
It ends in a war , because America never will accept to play "a second violin" in the world.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #39
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Your economy is based on concepts rather than production. Bubbles of inflation and deflation.

In the view of those who benefit, it is pretty well organized, disguised as it is as a free market economy.

Its a one way road at the end of which there is a pit that collects the energy.

And all banking avenues connect to that road.

The problem is this:
So long as the average Joe believes he can manipulate the system to his advantage, seeing the high potential for gains, he will be all for it, until of course he realizes that somebody else got to the string fist.

Then of course, he will praise that somebody else as being a sharp person and admire him, until he realizes his pockets are empty and he can't use the strings, because the strings are moving his arms.

Then he will either get mad or fall prey to despair.

Greed is not exclusive to the elite. They just got there first.

It goes like this.
The poor want the rich to pay for them, and if they win at the lottery, they don't want to pay for the poor.

The ego is a vampire.
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:34 PM   #40
Zarathustra
Avalon Senior Member

I have emailed and called my Senators and Representative at least 12 times, and I encourage all of you to do at least the same, and entreat everyone you know to act as well. This is a POINT, where win or lose, we must let the criminals and traitors in Washington know that we are aware of their treason.
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #41
RaKaR
Avalon Senior Member

Hello all,

It seems that 'they' have found a way of getting out of trouble...on the TaxPayers back. Once again!
( Reference:Mr Benjamin fulford Interview, 6 Sept. 2008;duedate: Sept. 30!)

Regards.
RaKaR
www.futureofmankind.co.uk

Last edited by RaKaR; 09-29-2008 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Addition and proofreading.
RaKaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #42
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Well it seems they are robbing the treasury, the last thing scoundrels do.

The scheme is actually pretty simple. Please forgive my primitive graphics abilities.
The fund will buy mortgages from the banks at market value, and then re-sell them back to the banks at a discount.
The fund will then repurchase those mortgages from the banks, who will sell them back to the fund again.
The same product (perhaps an ill-advised mortgage for a half-million dollars taken out on a house in the distant
suburbs of Las Vegas) will be bought, then resold, then re-bought and re-resold in an endless spiral of profit-taking.
The taxpayer will lose on every transaction, the banks robbing the treasury each time each mortgage, or
package of mortgages is swapped.

It is amazing to observe the greatest transfer of wealth in history, from Main Street to Wall Street,
from the many to the few. What is even more amazing is that nobody seems to be stopping it.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:51 AM   #43
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

The war is not over.

Here is a Monday action item.

Check it out and make a comment.

checke this post.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3675
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #44
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

Seva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #45
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

The 700 Billion dollar bailout is a nefarious number, most predictions are it will be closer to 2 Trillion or more.

This was a comment posted at Ron Paul's campaignforliberty.com website today. The new and improved campaignforliberty.com debuts tomorrow. Check it out.

Ron Paul introduced a bill back in June to abolish the Fed. You can search for a copy of it on his website: campaignforliberty.com

COMMENT:
EVERYONE LISTEN UP THE VOTE IS MEANINGLESS. THE FED DOES NOT NEED CONGRESS' APPROVAL. THEY STILL MADE 600 BILLION OUT OF THIN AIR TODAY. THE ONLY THING TO STOP THE FED IS TO ABOLISH IT. IN APRIL 2008 GWB GAVE THE FED TOTAL CONTROLL OVER ALL MONETARY POLICY. WE LOST OUR FREEDOM IN APRIL. SITE MANAGER TELL THESE PEOPLE THE TRUTH. THIS VOTE DOES NOT MEAN A THING. HERE IS A LINK IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE ME. http://www.jbs.org/index.php/jbs-new...ederal-reserve STOP BEING SHEEP.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #46
zorgon

Two many threads on the same topic...

So I will just point to this post link

Very important insight

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...8&postcount=96
Old 10-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #47
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceAm View Post
Well it seems they are robbing the treasury, the last thing scoundrels do.
To know that you have to understand MONEY

You really all should take a minute and watch this... a REAL eye opener and should be in every class room

MONEY AS DEBT
Old 10-03-2008, 03:08 AM   #48
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
To know that you have to understand MONEY

You really all should take a minute and watch this... a REAL eye opener and should be in every class room

MONEY AS DEBT
Thanks for sharing this.
Very educative.

At least it identifies the scoundrels.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote