Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
Mikill
Project Avalon Member

Default The Seed of Economic Failure were Planted Long Ago

I'm a middle aged guy living in america who is in the manufacturing sector(what's left of it).Most regular people have just woken up to the economic realities that have been writen on the wall for years.
What really set the USA and the world up for the current collapse is GREED.Pure and simple.Let's examine the past and we shall see how and when the seeds were planted and how we as consumers fertilized them.
NIKE.- fledgling shoe company back in the late 70's who came up with a great idea to make comfortable athletic shoes with a very cool logo.What they then came up with was a very bad idea-slave labor.They made their shoes in Japan to increase profits.It's all about the bottom line and Nike made a killing using slave labor pratices to make shoes AND apparell.Lots of competors took notice in the 80's and figured they would do it too so they could compete with Nike.Slave labor became the easy sure fire way to make it in many industries into the 90's because CHINA came into the equation.100 million plus workers just begging to be exploited.China pays it's workforce below 1$ an hour,plus no health benefits.In reality these poor people who make all the things we buy now are really barely alive working up to 80 hour weeks for little or no money.Sometimes they don't even get paid.
Enter WAL_MART.Sam Walton preached to "Buy American" until his death in the early 90's.His kids inherited the company and guess what they did?
They started importing massive amounts of cheap Chinese made goods onto the shelves of Wal Mart.Wal MARTS profit margins doubled.Wal mart became the biggest retail co. in the world.Then it became the biggest company period.All wal mart's competetors followed wal marts lead and started selling imported goods too.For some reason,Americans didn't notice that they were buying cheap craapola,they thought they were getting a great deal and were smart frugal shoppers.WRONG.
The economic impact is this:
The american who used to make all this stuff cna't get the good factory job out of high school anymore.
He doesn't make nearly as much money as he would have.
The money he doesn't make and spend cannot be taxed.
This means the govt doesn't take in as much money and starts DEFICIT SPENDING.
The money that used to circulate from this mans lifestyle is now put directly into a few peoples pockets (Walton's,Chinese leaders) where it sits in a few huge bank accts doing nothing but collecting interest(And building up the Chinese Red Army).
Basically a deal with the devil was made.Massive jump in profit margins on the backs of slave labor suffering.Sort term pleasure was the exchange for long term pain down the road.We are now on that road.Watch out for the pot-holes.

Last edited by Mikill; 10-22-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Mikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Seed of Economic Failure were Planted Long Ago

Yes, Mikill, I'll join you there is saying a deal with the devil was made. To increase profits deals with the devil have been the working philosophy of American business, now globalized. Globalization has spread the philosophy, and because this deal is accepted as "good business practice," there you have it -- we're all sold down the sewer, which is where all deals with the devil end up.

TDWTD (the deal with the devil) allows you to increase your profit without noiticing who or what is harmed. Without noticing, without caring. Something is always harmed. That's the deal. That's the selling of your soul right there. Modern business is always harming some "one", or harming the planet, which we have done for over 50 years with our new chemistries which do not blend in, fit in, or benefit any of the life on this planet. All our modern chemistry is harmful to life, but TDWTD lets everyone off the hook; it can't be helped. (BS on its face; part of the deal.)

Well, here we are. We haven't lived by a right path. We haven't honored the earth. We haven't cared about each other or life. We've bartered our soul, and here we are.

One can only hope that when it finally and completely crashes, something more sane will be built to replace it.

Last edited by doodah; 10-22-2008 at 01:24 AM.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 AM   #3
Mikill
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: The Seed of Economic Failure were Planted Long Ago

In defense of the american consumers who bought all this cheap sh*t,the big businessmen who turned to slave labor didn't tell us they were doing so.A gigantic Made in China sign didn't appear at Wal-Mart in 1994.In fact, right after 9-11 WTC attacks i was all gung - ho to buy american made goodies.I needed a bike seat cover.I went to Scheel's and all i could find were Made In China products by 2 diff manufacturers(Bell being one).So I got P.O.ed and went over to the mountain bike's.They ALL HAD AMERICAN FLAGS ON THEM.I looked closer.Beneath the ameican flags in tiny, barely ledgible english were the words "DESIGNED IN USA".Didn't say where they were made.The Big businessmen are deceptive to the core and don't give a **** about anything other than profits.They use the "FUDUCIARY RESPONSIBILITY" argument whenever anyone calls them on thier greedy practices.Another pathetic scene was when Wal-Mart started selling those tiny American flags for your car window right after 9-11.Remember when everyone was driving around with American flags?They were all Made in China.PATHETIC!!!!
Mikill is offline   Reply With Quote