Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #26
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: looks like teapartys are now officially dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
I love Sarah Palin. She is the best thing to happen to the Republican party. She made me change parties. Obama has failed us in a big way. Sarah is the only hope we have now. She speaks the truth. She wants us to return to the Constitution. What could be better than that?
Maybe my vibration has risen but I find such statements sickening. I hope you're being sarcastic. Heh.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #27
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
My stepmother used to be a very loving, compassionate, well informed person and she's also a card carrying Republican who idolizes the Palin and listens to FOX News 24/7. In the last few years I hardly recognize her anymore she's turned into a fearful, confused, materialistic person who is fighting for the corporations and against her own best interest. I keep looking for the Koolaid....can't figure out what happened to her.
I have aging parents who are also hooked on Faux News. Faux News IS the Koolaid. People who grew up believing you could trust TV news can't see through the farce that is Faux News. Not that other MSM sources are that much better any more...
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #28
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Poll finds most Americans are unhappy with government

By Jon Cohen and Philip Rucker
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, February 11, 2010

Two-thirds of Americans are "dissatisfied" or downright "angry" about the way the federal government is working, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll. On average, the public estimates that 53 cents of every tax dollar they send to Washington is "wasted."

Despite the disapproval of government, few Americans say they know much about the "tea party" movement, which emerged last year and attracted voters angry at a government they thought was spending recklessly and overstepping its constitutional powers. And the new poll shows that the political standing of former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, who was the keynote speaker last week at the first National Tea Party Convention, has deteriorated significantly.....

Continues: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=10343

From the Judge Napolitano 'Freedom Watch' thread:

2/10/10 Ron Paul on 'Freedom Watch': This "Tea" Tastes Funny

On Wednesday, Dr. Paul appeared on Judge Napolitano's Freedom Watch to discuss the Tea Party movement and a bailout of Greece.

VIDEO (8:21): http://www.youtube.com/user/minnesot.../0/jrSFi1-idS0

Last edited by peaceandlove; 02-11-2010 at 06:10 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #29
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

I also have parents who hang on Fox and believe it all. I also know a lot of middle age people who keep Fox (or other mainstream) on 24/7. They are fearful, depressed, cynical and they don't have any New ideas. It's also filtering into the brains of the next generation. Is is our duty to get them off the "fear hook?" How do we say it without p?ssing them off? What about parents without internet?
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #30
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also have parents who hang on Fox and believe it all. I also know a lot of middle age people who keep Fox (or other mainstream) on 24/7. They are fearful, depressed, cynical and they don't have any New ideas. It's also filtering into the brains of the next generation. Is is our duty to get them off the "fear hook?" How do we say it without p?ssing them off? What about parents without internet? [/COLOR] lindabaker

Hi Linda - will they read news magazines or news papers? Snippet from an article in The Nation below:

Since 2007 at least seventy-five registered lobbyists, public relations representatives and corporate officials--people paid by companies and trade groups to manage their public image and promote their financial and political interests--have appeared on MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, CNBC and Fox Business Network with no disclosure of the corporate interests that had paid them. Many have been regulars on more than one of the cable networks, turning in dozens--and in some cases hundreds--of appearances.

For lobbyists, PR firms and corporate officials, going on cable television is a chance to promote clients and their interests on the most widely cited source of news in the United States. These appearances also generate good will and access to major players inside the Democratic and Republican parties. For their part, the cable networks, eager to fill time and afraid of upsetting the political elite, have often looked the other way. At times, the networks have even disregarded their own written ethics guidelines. Just about everyone involved is heavily invested in maintaining the current system, with the exception of the viewer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20.../20100301jones

Time Magazine article regarding Sarah Palin:
http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...963564,00.html

It's all still part of the MSM but it least it offers a different view and reading is good for the brain

Good luck - I have a co-worker whom I really like working with as long as she isn't giving me the latest news via Bill O'Reilly

EL
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #31
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

G. Edward Griffin had this video linked at his realityzone.com website.

NeoCon Palin's tea party takeover will facilitate Obama reelection

Alex Jones 2/9/2010

VIDEO (9:50): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH-zRrutJ_Q

Ron Paul vs. Sarah Palin for the Soul of the Tea Parties

Jane Hamsher
Founder, FireDogLake.com
Posted: February 10, 2010 12:18 PM

There's trouble brewing between the Ron Paul libertarians who staged the the first modern tea party in 2007 by dumping tea into Boston Harbor, and the neocon war hawks led by Sarah Palin who are furiously trying to hijack their message.

After I appeared on MSNBC talking about Sarah Palin's appearance at the Nashville tea party convention, several libertarians told me they were unhappy with the exchange.

I said that Sarah Palin's hawkish message on Iran was oddly out of place in a group whose roots belong to the Ron Paul libertarians, particularly as the anti-interventionist Rand Paul is looking strong in the Kentucky Senate Senate race -- and Palin just endorsed him. The woman who appeared with me representing the tea partiers disagreed with that premise, and claimed she was very much an interventionist.

My libertarian friends couldn't imagine what she was doing on TV representing the tea parties in the first place, and thought it was a sad day when the opposition stated their position more fairly than their supposed allies.

But it underscores a rift between the anti-tax, pro-civil rights libertarians who started the tea parties and the corporatist neocon grifters of the GOP who are now trying to swoop in and capitalize on all of the hype. And in the irony of ironies, tea party-identified candidates are now trying to oust Ron Paul from his Texas House seat.

Continue: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jane-h..._b_456824.html
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote