Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default just my observation from reading your

posts...
We are different people from those that we still were a few months ago; less gullible, more open, discerning better, trusting our own truth and intuition, looking for answers within ourselves, realizing that a lot depends on us, more loving, more courageous, jumping into conclusions less qickly, believing in our own power and divinity...we are undergoing a metamorphosis.....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: just my observation from reading your

I agree with you.

I think what needs to happen next is for members to demonstrate better manners toward each other and to spend more time thinking about points made by others in their posts before responding to them in a fashion that indicates to me a knee-jerk reaction. It seems to me people often post pat answers that really don't contribute anything to learning or making progress.

I also think there needs to be less preaching and more demonstrating by example.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
I agree with you.

I think what needs to happen next is for members to demonstrate better manners toward each other and to spend more time thinking about points made by others in their posts before responding to them in a fashion that indicates to me a knee-jerk reaction. It seems to me people often post pat answers that really don't contribute anything to learning or making progress.

I also think there needs to be less preaching and more demonstrating by example.
Excuse me seashore, but isn't what you've written here preaching....
Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Excuse me seashore, but isn't what you've written here preaching....
Perhaps. I don't see it that way, however.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Perhaps. I don't see it that way, however.
it could be a perfect example how people can view the same things differently...and maybe both are right...
Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Ugh.... I liked both answers and think they contribute to understanding and give one some things to think about. I agree with your first post Burgundia. We are all growing, and getting to know one another and our styles. We are real people sharing our hearts here, and for the most part if we think of sitting at a table sharing a cup of coffee, tea, or a beverage of choice some of us might not get so snarky.

I can tell everyone here openly that I never intend to offend and I will not react in a spiteful manner unless I have fallen down into some mudpit of scorpio nastiness which I am not known for, but I won't say is impossible to happen. I have always strived to take the high road in forums despite less than congenial treatment by some.

I am sincerely enjoying getting to know each of you and wish more of the lurkers would share their thoughts and feelings even if they don't see themselves as a researcher or whatever they think they need to be to be active here. Everyone has something to share, and I love meeting new people.

Hugs,

Unified Serenity
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member

So long as people stay constructive and on-topic this forum will continue to grow. Nothing annoys me more than a mile long post that fails to make a point.
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramik View Post
So long as people stay constructive and on-topic this forum will continue to grow. Nothing annoys me more than a mile long post that fails to make a point.
I can really relate to what you're saying!

I LOVE the short posts.

Another annoying thing is posts that look like the words of the Avalon member, but they're actually a copy and paste.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #9
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Life is a meditation .
I think as we grow in consciousness it's getting smoother.
In the other one one sees himself so judgement drops .
When judgement drops love comes into play .
When loves comes into play separateness vanishes
Where we were seeing two we only now see ONE.
When One is all energy flows freely and becomes light.

Loving kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

im a grate lover

of short simple and to the point ..

that actulaly describes me to a tea

o!! and well padded ....
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I LOVE the short posts.
Me too, that's why i keep mine short.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #12
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

xxx

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 09-14-2009 at 05:45 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:

I LOVE the short posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Me too, that's why i keep mine short.
Same here, I get bored reading long posts and lose interest
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 AM   #14
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Feed your head. I've been 'dead' for 6 minutes & one of the things I remember from that experience is that your 'mind' & 'soul' are one. Every bit of 'knowledge' you've absorbed during your lifetime, becomes crystal clear when you die. If there's one reason why we are here, it is to 'learn' as much as possible about everything life is teaching us. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' or 'good or 'bad' as long as you're not 'aware' of that, but at the instant you're 'aware' of something (anything) it becomes part of your 'being' & you can't hide behind ignorance anymore. That doesn't mean you have to live the life of a saint, it just means that when you die, you have to look at yourself (as if you're looking in a mirror) & judge upon yourself. You are your own judge.
The moment you're aware of that, & you can 'say' 'I have no regrets, I followed my heart & did what I thought was good', your 'soul' can make the choice to go 'through the mirror' & journey into the universe.
Choices, choices...

Last edited by TRANCOSO; 08-13-2009 at 04:45 AM.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 AM   #15
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Nice post Trancoso with most people there is a general fear of dying . Most want to hang on and ride it out , Don`t get me wrong I`m not about to jump in front of a bus or anything but i have come to grips with death and if it happens so be it .A good friend of mine once told me the death is just the beginning of life
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:04 AM   #16
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Thanx, Northern Boy.
Now, let me tell you what happened when I died.
I was stabbed in my back, by a psychopath, with a butcher knife.
Your worse nightmare. Horror shoccking.
Anyway, I made it to the ambulance, & on my way to the hospital, all of a sudden I got very, very cold.
Next thing I know my 'spirit' left my body, & I was totally alone.
Alone as in ALONE.
You die ALONE.
There's nobody you can call on your cell phone, (which I never had & will have) just you and your mind.
Because your mind lives on.
Your thoughts don't stop.
Amazing.
So you realize something's going wrong, you're very cold & you' re completely on your own.
Then comes the 'mirror'.

Now, in my case, I returned because 'the Gods' (so not just one God, but Gods) decided so.
I didn't mind to die.
Actually, it was the best feeling I've ever had.
And not just that, it's something you've been through a thousand times before, so you recognize what's happening.
It's like going to the 'bathroom'.
Nothing new, nothing fancy.

Now, I felt like a king in his castle. I've always done, & still do, as I please. I've saved lives then, & saved an 'important' live, a live that saved lots of other lives, so I died & will die again, with a good feeling. Only, next time I'll die I know what will happen. And I'm going 'through that mirror, into the universe', no matter who I think might be waiting for me, or is actually waiting for me.
Because, in the end, you are alone.

The only way to leave this planet, is to deal with yourself.
Almost everybody is afraid to be alone, but you & only you can make a difference. All you have is yourself. Everything & everybody else is an illusion you keep going on for as long as you want.

We live in a time where all information & knowledge you can think of is available, just by hitting the right key. Everything anybody could ever imagine is there to absorbe for every soul alive. And yet we behave like sheep on their way to the slaughterhouse.

So make sure you can live with yourself, 'cause I reckon, if you can't, death ain't a party & you hate yourself for being such a fool, coward or sheep, in the life you're leaving.

Live stupid, die stupid.

Last edited by TRANCOSO; 08-13-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #17
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

More Confirmation of the Truth...

Been there; done that. I woke in
body cast. [3] months. Couldn't
Move. Striker Frame bed. ALONE.

In hospital for just under 4 years.

Tango

Last edited by Tango; 08-13-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #18
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm View Post
im a grate lover...
Rhythm,

I love open fireplaces too!!!! Nothing better than a great fire burning in the grate...
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #19
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Lovely post TRANCOSO

When it is time

God will hold the rearview mirror in front of our souls to see
And we will watch our lives flash by
And sense our touch upon the others
And we ourselves will have to judge our lives
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #20
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
Thanx, Northern Boy.
Now, let me tell you what happened when I died.
I was stabbed in my back, by a psychopath, with a butcher knife.
Your worse nightmare. Horror shoccking.
Anyway, I made it to the ambulance, & on my way to the hospital, all of a sudden I got very, very cold.
Next thing I know my 'spirit' left my body, & I was totally alone.
Alone as in ALONE.
You die ALONE.
There's nobody you can call on your cell phone, (which I never had & will have) just you and your mind.
Because your mind lives on.
Your thoughts don't stop.
Amazing.
So you realize something's going wrong, you're very cold & you' re completely on your own.
Then comes the 'mirror'.

Now, in my case, I returned because 'the Gods' (so not just one God, but Gods) decided so.
I didn't mind to die.
Actually, it was the best feeling I've ever had.
And not just that, it's something you've been through a thousand times before, so you recognize what's happening.
It's like going to the 'bathroom'.
Nothing new, nothing fancy.

Now, I felt like a king in his castle. I've always done, & still do, as I please. I've saved lives then, & saved an 'important' live, a live that saved lots of other lives, so I died & will die again, with a good feeling. Only, next time I'll die I know what will happen. And I'm going 'through that mirror, into the universe', no matter who I think might be waiting for me, or is actually waiting for me.
Because, in the end, you are alone.

The only way to leave this planet, is to deal with yourself.
Almost everybody is afraid to be alone, but you & only you can make a difference. All you have is yourself. Everything & everybody else is an illusion you keep going on for as long as you want.

We live in a time where all information & knowledge you can think of is available, just by hitting the right key. Everything anybody could ever imagine is there to absorbe for every soul alive. And yet we behave like sheep on their way to the slaughterhouse.

So make sure you can live with yourself, 'cause I reckon, if you can't, death ain't a party & you hate yourself for being such a fool, coward or sheep, in the life you're leaving.

Live stupid, die stupid.

Thank you for this post, Trancoso. It can be "smelt" it is authentic and sincere experience that help us for better understanding. I believe you can tell us more about it, if you recall and if you are willing to. Tell us more about "Gods", about "being alone at the end"...

Respect
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #21
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

You have a good nose, Oliver. Thanx for your reply.
By the way, I'm a writer & my first book IK GELOOF ALLES! (I BELIEVE ANYTHING!) was published by FRONTIER PUBLISHING, which is also the publisher of FRONTIER MAGAZINE, the Dutch equivalent of the Australian 'NEXUS' magazine. Meaning that I'm for real & not a 'poser'. My book can't be translated in any other language, which is exactly how it's meant to be. Meaning that I'm not trying to sell you anything. Whatever I write for this forum are personal experiences. Please believe me when I say that I've experienced more than a lot & I'm not making anything up.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #22
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

I believe you, Trancoso. I also believe the books that can`t be translated. So share with us your experience, we will be grateful.

Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
You have a good nose, Oliver. Thanx for your reply.
By the way, I'm a writer & my first book IK GELOOF ALLES! (I BELIEVE ANYTHING!) was published by FRONTIER PUBLISHING, which is also the publisher of FRONTIER MAGAZINE, the Dutch equivalent of the Australian 'NEXUS' magazine. Meaning that I'm for real & not a 'poser'. My book can't be translated in any other language, which is exactly how it's meant to be. Meaning that I'm not trying to sell you anything. Whatever I write for this forum are personal experiences. Please believe me when I say that I've experienced more than a lot & I'm not making anything up.
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #23
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Oliver, it's just one book (IK GELOOF ALLES! & nog veel meer ...) & it can't be translated because it's a serious, but also very funny book & most of the jokes & 'tongue in cheek' is so 'Dutch', that it would go totally lost in (any) translation.

As an anti globalist I can see the fun side of writing a book that can only be understood by people who understand the Dutch language.