Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Default Bill bans forced identity-chip implants

Good Morning All,

I stumbled across this tidbit of information, and obviously wanted to share. Every once in a while it still amazes me what you never hear about via mainstream media outlets.

That reminds me...be sure to pay attention to your surroundings. The best kept secrets are the ones that can be hidden in plain sight.

Bill banning forced identity-chip implants clears House
Posted on Thu, Jul. 2, 2009- The Philadelphia Enquirer
By Lauren Boyer
Inquirer Staff Writer

HARRISBURG - Invasion of privacy is an issue that really gets under State Rep. Babette Josephs' skin.

That's why the Philadelphia Democrat introduced a bill, passed unanimously last week by the House, that would ban the forced implantation of computer chips in humans.

Conjuring Orwellian images, Josephs worries the identification devices - the size of a grain of rice - could lead to a real-life Big Brother nightmare.

"I'm doing, I think, what the legislature does too little of," she said. "This is a problem on the horizon, and I want to address it before it becomes a societal disgrace."

Though the technology hasn't debuted in Pennsylvania, VeriChip, a company in Florida, received federal Food and Drug Administration clearance in 2004 to market the implanted microchips, which were tested on 200 Alzheimer's patients....

Read entire story here:
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local...ars_House.html
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote