Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

View Poll Results: Dr. Jonathan Reed Case - True or a fake?
It's the Truth 23 51.11%
It's a Fake 22 48.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2008, 06:09 PM   #26
Banned

Default Re: What do you know about the "Dr. Jonathan Reed Case"?

I'm just curious as to why this guy wrapped the body in Roswell-type 'weather ballon' foil......
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #27
argonacon
Avalon Senior Member

well, he was on a hike in the woods. isnt it a survival blanket? maybe it's all he had.

this is one of the most compelling stories ever for extraterrestrial life. if you consider how hard it would be to fake that footage, and ask yourself what dr reed would have gained from the whole were it an elaborate hoax. also, considering the amount of disinfo and subversive attacks made out against this man. i dunno. i say its real. the part that really gets me is when the alien crimples up his face in pain. thats pretty amazing.
argonacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonacon View Post
well, he was on a hike in the woods. isnt it a survival blanket?
That makes sense.

I gotta say, though- I never trusted this guy. There's something slimy about him IMO...

Last edited by 371; 10-13-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 AM   #29
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

odd things happen to slime balls too

but yeah I think he says it there in the first lecture video that he used his thermal blanket from his pack.

He recently uploaded a new video for his website on youtube I noticed:

Added September 25th
Shakesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:32 AM   #30
Banned

Going with his story...

This ET travels all the way across the galaxy to vaporize a dog before meeting a sudden end at the hands of a guy with a big stick??

That alone doesn't jive. I believe stranger things have happened....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakesbeer View Post
odd things happen to slime balls too :thumb_yello
I'd like to believe it... But there is WAY too much evidence that this guy is a fraud.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:30 AM   #31
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Maybe because in our war-ridden minds we can't see how a being would allow themselves to be subjected to something like that. But it seems like the ET's who are benevolent have a very much "hands off" kind of approach. Almost paranoid to start any kind of reaction good or bad. Think about what happened in a Star Trek episode when one of the crew got jumped and held captive, did they start shooting their way in & out? Nope. Second the "stick" Dr Reed used was more of a log that could knock out any human let alone a 4ft tall skinny little being. The simple fact a story is outrageous doesn't negate the possibility of it being real, life is way more wild then fiction.

Are you talking about the ufowatchdog evidence? If so, I ask how they faked the class ring at his desk photo and where is the evidence that can prove that? An ebay record of buying the class ring, something? What about all of his evidence? That still doesn't explain how this "fraud" can come up with such Hollywood effect caliber models either. Most of the "evidence" contrary to his claimed identity as Dr. Jonathan Reed is all hearsay from what I can tell.

Last edited by Shakesbeer; 10-14-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #32
norman
Avalon Senior Member

hi all.

5 years ago I was 'blissfully' unaware of any of this sort of stuff and it's only quite recently that I've even heard of the 'Dr JR' case. All the case evidence and all the debunking evidence has hit me all at the same time. It's very intense stuff, on both sides. 'Somebody' is fabricating a lie - and putting a LOT of effort into it.

I'm compelled by all this ferocity against him to go with my gut feeling. It's true!. It's exactly the same feeling I had at the very beginning of my awakening to this whole alien/ufo reality thing when I downloaded a file, by accident, from a file sharing network and first saw with my eyes the photographic images of the document called SOM1-01. I'm sure most of you know the one I mean.

I used be very much into B/W photography and have watched/felt thousands of images 'appear' before my eyes in a developing dish. When I saw the SOM1-01 images for the first time I had a very deep and profound feeling that what I was looking at was absolutely real. As I struggled to read the grainy pages I was shocked and within hours I was even terrified. My whole world-view had taken a 'broadside'. ( still haven't really got over it )

Amongst other convincing factors, Jonathan Reed's account of his experience in the woods resonates with me. He was utterly stunned. And then add to that, what it would feel like, if you'd just murdered someone in a surprise and sudden fight, you were the only person in the world who knew about it and you were struggling to believe it yourself.

As for the debunkers, well. We know, don't we?, that the whole UFOLOGY scene is an information war zone. It's well saturated with 'mechanics' and compromised sheep dogs. As for individuals, I can't say, and if I could, I wouldn't. If disclosure IS on the cards, and 'they' retain control over it, it'll be a disclosure that guides the flock in a predetermined direction of travel. We could all discuss/argue what 'we-think' 'they-think' long into the early hours but 'disclosure' probably means different things to different people.

Don't count on these indications that they are preparing us for news that 'other intelligent life is out there' to lead all the way to FULL disclosure. Ain't gonna happen!. Not THIS side of a total transformation of human life on the planet. Example, I know that Chinese people exist, (please excuse me, if you're Chinese) I've met quite a few of them, they're all over the planet, I can have a perfectly normal chat with my friends about them but I don't know their secrets, least of all their government's secrets or any possible cross-fertilisation between their secrets and 'my' government's secrets.

More to the point, if, before my government had even admitted that anyone other than British subjects existed, I whacked a Russian on the side of the head and chucked him in my freezer,........... think! The secrecy bureaucracy has the same problems as the rest.

Yes, of course I believe Dr Jonathan Reed. Book sales or no book sales. If I believed the mechanics I don't think I would believe any of this stuff at all.

But I do, and because I do, It stands to reason, in my mind, that the rabbit holes go very very deep. After all, I now realise that I've lived my whole life under a deception. We live in a cognitively decapitated society. That took some doing.

norman.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #33
orionsbelt
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: What do you know about the "Dr. Jonathan Reed Case"?

Never met Jonathan Reed.

The photo of the "alien" appears to be exactly the same as a known authentic "alien". If the photos are faked, they did a very very good job of copying from an original source.

Nothing more to say on this. Don't give a hoot what people believe or do not believe. Don't give a hoot what Kerry or other's think they have a "right" to know.

This is not relevent to living and happiness for today.

Last edited by orionsbelt; 10-17-2008 at 06:18 PM.
orionsbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:34 PM   #34
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 371 View Post
Going with his story...

This ET travels all the way across the galaxy to vaporize a dog before meeting a sudden end at the hands of a guy with a big stick??

That alone doesn't jive. I believe stranger things have happened....
I'd like to believe it... But there is WAY too much evidence that this guy is a fraud.
This right here is the reason that this story is a lie...
How can you possibly believe that a dog chased down an alien only to get vaporized??? Then this alien who parked his hovering space craft near by proceeds to get in a stick fight with somebody??? He just vaporized a dog?? Then physicaly allowes someone to beat him to death???

ya right

Plus who in their right mind would take it home and video tape it before they reported it...

If I or anybody I know ever found an alien body I would freak out and drive right down to the corender and sherifs department to show them... I would tell as many people as possible as fast as I could... In order to eleminate a cover up...

Its not hard to fake pictures... or video...
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #35
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi King Lear,

Idon't know of the case personally, but I did a check and found two sites. One saying that the story was true but to find out details you had to buy the Video:

"Dr Jonathon Reeds extraordinary STORY ofan extra-terrestrial encounter"

http://www.odisealink.com/

and this site which has some rather interesting photographs of Dr. Reed in hiding:

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/exposed40.html

As meeting and recording the moment of that meeting between a human being and extra-terrestrial would change the way we would live on the face of this planet, I'm sure the media would have picked up on this by now.
Unfortunately there are people out there who make unfounded claims, and even worse, there are many more who accept these claims without questioning them.

I think I will write a book about my meeting with seven extra-terrestrial babes. That should sell...

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lear View Post
Is it true or a fake?
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #36
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
Oh really? Please then, re-produce for us equal quality shots of an alien creature and "obelisk" like Dr. Reed then.

I seriously have worked in prop & mold making too in the realm of the Hollywood effects masters(at & out of a place called Monsters in Motion). Even had some of the people who worked on Star Wars, LOTR, Spiderman, Terminator 3, critique my work with resounding praise. Even THOSE guys would have difficulty reproducing that alien with all the things that where demonstrated on film in real time with no cuts.

In the very least demonstrate that Dr. Reed or any of his associates can produce models to the caliber shown in his photos and video or hired someone to do it.

Steve, I believe the the contents of ufowatchdog have been address in the thread already and on Dr. Reed's on lecture update. Not sure if you looked into that? If you have, then aren't you essentially doing the same thing you're claiming the people who have a differing opinion then you are doing?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #37
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Reed was debunked and discredited some years ago. Someone has already posted the references.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #38
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
Reed was debunked and discredited some years ago. Someone has already posted the references.
Those "discrediting" bits of information where specifically addressed in a lecture update, not to mention even if he's lying about his identity, no one seems to answer how he "faked" it do they?

I think it's funny the skeptics call hear say when they see the lecture update but they don't say the same thing about the guys who allegedly knew Dr. Reed by the other name according to ufowatchdog do they?

If you debunkers want to "debunk" anything I suggest you look at the "how" this "hoax" was done then. Not with hear say, but with hard evidence tying this man to some kind of fabrication source for all of the submitted extra terrestrial evidence.

Last edited by Shakesbeer; 10-17-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:50 AM   #39
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

I had never heard of this case before today, and so I watched the whole series of youtube videos of the presentation and at first it was interesting and outrageous enough to keep me watching, then it started to feel like a very elaborate con job...it's the people involved on the film that I got this weird vibe from, esp. the Jonathan Reed guy. He twice displayed grammatical errors that were inconsistent with a PhD. It may have been nerves, but the gal from that yahoo group asked him a question and his answer included the word "broughted" instead of "brought". OK? She seemed to unnerve him, not her question which was fairly innocuous. He visibly squirmed.

Time wasted. I wonder who's behind this ****?
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:34 AM   #40
Kay Wilkinson
Avalon Senior Member

I believe Dr. Reed's story to be authentic, all of it. His girlfriend's murder and his best friend being beat half to death reminds me of what John Lear said about family and friends and (pets) will be harmed if they talk. I would leave the country too if I were he. This man had a nice life before all this took place.
All the effort to debunk this story seems as though "they protesteth too much."

I believe King Lear and the others who agree with him are dead on it.

Peace
K
Kay Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #41
NOWIAM
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: What do you know about the "Dr. Jonathan Reed Case"?

Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Reed and his associates (such as Daniel Iaria, Dan McEvoy and others which are on the following YouTube links)?

BTW: The evidence seems to be in favor of Dr. Reed's story being true. That is if you actually take the time and compare the following two different and multi-part video series, such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuMrK...eature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLU4qSjyMiA, with what is posted on the debunking websites, such as http://www.ufowatchdog.com/exposed10.html

Of course if there is irrefutable evidence that I am unaware of then please show me.

Last edited by NOWIAM; 10-21-2008 at 09:20 PM.
NOWIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:39 AM   #42
goody8504
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampgod View Post
this site also claims richard hoagland, steven greer, and billy meier are a frauds....seriously? that site is a joke

Last edited by goody8504; 10-22-2008 at 07:03 AM.
goody8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:56 AM   #43
goody8504
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
This right here is the reason that this story is a lie...
How can you possibly believe that a dog chased down an alien only to get vaporized??? Then this alien who parked his hovering space craft near by proceeds to get in a stick fight with somebody??? He just vaporized a dog?? Then physicaly allowes someone to beat him to death???

ya right

Plus who in their right mind would take it home and video tape it before they reported it...

If I or anybody I know ever found an alien body I would freak out and drive right down to the corender and sherifs department to show them... I would tell as many people as possible as fast as I could... In order to eleminate a cover up...

you should do a little more research. in the youtube i saw, reed claims it was more like the suit grabbed onto the dog, not the alien. reed used a stick, keeping well over an arms length away from the ET.

secondly, he wasn't beaten to death, merely knocked out for awhile.

finally, just because YOU would contact the authorities immediately doesn't mean everybody should be expected to do the same. you'd better believe if i ever had the option of recording an ET it's the very first thing i'd do. calling the "authorities" would be the last thing on my mind.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:59 AM   #44
goody8504
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
I'm sure the media would have picked up on this by now.
Steve
why should the media jump on this story? they haven't jumped on anybody else's. i'm getting the impressino you actually believe we live in a country with a free press....obviously, we don't. after all, i haven't seen any shows on tv debunking this guy. maybe i missed it
Old 10-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #45
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all,
I'd suppose if the man's name was not Reed and he's not a Psychologist as he claimed at the time then there's reason to doubt the story is accurate and possibly untrue. The location of the injury on the back of supposed ebe's head does not make sense to me as Reed's swinging the wood right-handed and even if swung left handed -- he claimed the ebe was facing him when he struck it. So it just seems to me the injury would be far more frontal.

I have not read the book but did notice during the 18 part presentation on YT, it's not him which mentions the NSA or the first visit by Govt Officials or the Dept of Energy's involvement, but his entourage, Ifind this curious. The blinking eyes need a closer look from someone specialized in digital imaging. Lastly, I had the sense he was looking through a standard one-eye viewfinder while throwing-up in the woods, yet the "Obelisk" image stays in the frame. How could anyone throw-up and hold and image seen only through a view finder?

80/20 its a fabrication in my opinion.

RSF
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #46
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

sounds like more speculation, especially about his identity since no one has disproved that (including ufowatchdog). The wound on the ET's head was on the left rear quarter of the skulls which would be consistent with a right handed swing or a backhanded left swing. Sorry, don't think you solved this case...
Old 10-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #47
norman
Avalon Senior Member

Shakesbeer,

I posted on this thread a few days ago that I believe that Dr Jonathan Reed is telling the truth. (I also prattled on about other stuff)

Soon after I woke up this morning a thought popped into my head about the video evidence that was presented at the 'update' presentation.

It's about the 'malfunction' of his video camera while in close proximity to the black 'craft' thing. I'm 'bothered' by the fact that the sound track slows down (drops in frequency) during the bits where the picture flickers.

For that to occur during 'playback' it would have to have speeded up during 'recording'. While that is a possibility, the sound of his voice during playback has the characteristic qualities of having been 'snagged' during playback. That too is a possibility but it would contradict what the commentator at the time was actually saying about it.

HMMM! I don't know what to think just at the moment. Perhaps you could have a think about it yourself and let me know what you think later.

norman.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #48
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

The theory that was posed on both videos was that there was magnetic or energetic interference which I would suspect has something to do with the erratic tape behavior. Seeing how the force that causes the distortion is unknown, and there isn't a way to test it, it's kind of hard to judge the recording by conventional methods. Even if you could reproduce that effect, that's still not saying that's how it was done, and that still doesn't explain how he'd be able to hoax the creature itself.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #49
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

hoaxing the creature or the spaceship wouldnt be that hard for somebody who knows what their doing...

look at all the sci fi movies... somebody made those...
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #50
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
hoaxing the creature or the spaceship wouldnt be that hard for somebody who knows what their doing...

look at all the sci fi movies... somebody made those...
Dude, did you not see my prior post about prop making? I've literally had conversations on how to create 3D effects with some of the best prop-makers in the world. These people have made extremely life-like biological things (such as Blade 2 autopsy scene for instance), so yes I am very aware of that. Even those people would have a seriously hard time reproducing "Freddy".

I would not however call making that caliber of model easy or not "that hard" as you put it. If that's the case, try it yourself. I do have a fair amount of knowledge on the subject and I know I couldn't reproduce that easily (if at all) & I do know how to make molds and use resins/plastics.

That being said, where is the evidence that links Dr. Reed to anyone who could have pulled that off or evidence that he has enough knowledge to fake that?

I'm sorry, making that alien is NOT "easy" or "simple" or anything skeptics like to throw out without actually knowing what they're talking about. To think that this guy somehow managed to make a full functioning extra terrestrial model as a hobbie in his garage on nights & weekends is even more dubious then the original story.

Last edited by Shakesbeer; 10-23-2008 at 02:46 PM.