Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Asia > SOUTH KOREA

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 05:52 AM   #1
IndigoPhoenix
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Busan, SK
Posts: 25
Default Safe Places in South Korea

I thought I'd start this post so that we can get together and find the safest places in SK...considering the massive amount of urbanization I recommend that we find a place as far away from cities as possible,,such as rural communities and possibly even cheju island. Lets discuss.
IndigoPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
infinitylove
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

i heard from camelot that every where is not safe because of flood and food supply. i think that the high moutain and center of nation will be better than island.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
IndigoPhoenix
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Busan, SK
Posts: 25
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

the island is half the size of japan w/ mountains and no huge cities, and lots of good land to farm...probably safer than the mainland in many respects...and on project camelot, particularly in the george green interviews we should be getting below the equator actually but not all of us can do that so we gotta do what we can with what we have and try to make the best of it.

ur right though the middle of the country would be pretty good but there are lots of major cities in korea..personally im trying to get to NZ or Aussie but im not sure how i can pull that off...anyways we should at least try to have plans A-Z.

peace
IndigoPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
Jeremiad
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 24
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

What about cave systems inland somewhere? There are plenty of mountains and hiking trails, and it seems like wherever we go, we'll need to be highly elevated and be able to protect ourselves from incredibly harsh winds. Maybe if we can find a cave system in some of the larger mount ranges to wait out the worse of it, we'll be able to come down from the mountains after whatever is going to happen is over.

Soo.... anyone know of any good caves around here?
Jeremiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:01 AM   #5
IndigoPhoenix
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Busan, SK
Posts: 25
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

yah i did some searches on caves in korea and all i found was some tourist attraction... i was wondering if we could get a hold of some good flood maps for korea and asia in general.
IndigoPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:46 AM   #6
TheShepard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

I like all of your ideas but as far as moving goes (aussie/nz) not really an option for me either. I am located in the center of the country (Cheongju) and work at the Air force Academy. Away from the city (not far enough) but surrounded by mountains and (whether this is good or bad) military personnel. Anyway im all for doing what we can for/with eachother regardless. Feel free to contact me if you want.

argumentum.ad.populum@gmail.com

A couple people have already emailed me so it would be a nice experience if we could all manage a meeting somewhere for all of us. Let me know what you think.

all the best
B
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #7
IndigoPhoenix
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Busan, SK
Posts: 25
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

yah im up for meeting..we should decide when and where. i'll get back in touch and let you know when is good for me. i need to have my g/f w/ me anywhere cuz im not abandoning her to the storm. peace
IndigoPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
mbowie361
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 10
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

Things are moving quickly, it seems. I live in Seoul (for now), and as we all know moving to the southern hemisphere is safer, but for some of us, that is not an option. I don't know much about the Korean economy, but we all know that US economy is on the verge of collapse, and that means it's going to have huge implications on the rest of the world.

Let's try to get together and brain strom some ideas on what we want to do here in Korea. my email is mbowie361@hotmail.com, feel free to contact me.

M
mbowie361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:10 AM   #9
lile_lu
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I left the US, and now live in South Korea.
Posts: 5
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

Hello everyone!

I have spoken to mbowie361 and larissarissa on the phone about next weekend. We all agree that meeting each other face-to-face would be a good idea. I know just talking to other aware people gave me a sense of comfort and validation.

Sometimes I feel so alone with the knowledge, especially when most people I try to discuss things with put up walls of denial. I am very careful who I talk to now, for fear of being labeled something negative.

I am interested in discussing ways to improve the life of other people. Possibly a way to inform my family members and others in a non-shocking way, so as not to lose their trust and respect. At the same time, spreading the information to make a difference in the world.

As it is now, I am not in a hurry to go back to the US. Most people I know avoid discussing to issues, much less, a way to make changes.

lile_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #10
larissarissa
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: S. Korea
Posts: 27
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

I enjoyed having a conversation with someone from the US who is a kindred spirit.

Trying to find a "safe place" is acknowledging that there is something to fear, and we know fear is what they're after. There is nothing to fear but fear itself, I've heard, and I believe that. Sure, when confronted by a truck thundering down the road straight at you it is totally normal to react, but when confronted by possibilities in the future, it gets kind of murky, and then its false evidence appearing real, as they say.

Being informed is good, it allows for an informed decision when the situation arises. I think preparation should be in the mind, and the physical will follow when the time is right. How do you prepare for the scenario Dr Deagle talks about? Mind boggling.

I follow my intuition which guides me just fine. It's fun and a challenge to let go and let that higher knowing take over. Sometimes I'm led to do things I don't understand, and that's part of the adventure too.
larissarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
Nicomachus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by larissarissa View Post
I enjoyed having a conversation with someone from the US who is a kindred spirit.

Trying to find a "safe place" is acknowledging that there is something to fear, and we know fear is what they're after. There is nothing to fear but fear itself, I've heard, and I believe that. Sure, when confronted by a truck thundering down the road straight at you it is totally normal to react, but when confronted by possibilities in the future, it gets kind of murky, and then its false evidence appearing real, as they say.

Being informed is good, it allows for an informed decision when the situation arises. I think preparation should be in the mind, and the physical will follow when the time is right. How do you prepare for the scenario Dr Deagle talks about? Mind boggling.

I follow my intuition which guides me just fine. It's fun and a challenge to let go and let that higher knowing take over. Sometimes I'm led to do things I don't understand, and that's part of the adventure too.
Ever thought about not-wanting-to-fear might have also derived from the differnt level of fear? Fear is a natural human faculty given by god, it's okay to fear and not to fear either way.

Ever thought about having no fear might have been a result of ignorance?

I survived the notorious Hurricane Andrew back in 1992 and also survived 1997 Korean IMF rescue. Both survival experiences tell me go now and make plans and make best out of a possible economic melt-down.

The korean govermnet now advertise through controlled media that they have enough of money to handle this economic crisis, yeah right. Believed national foriegn reserve is $220B as of today, guess what, most of them were invested in the US gov. bond markets. Do you think the US will just cash out for you in case you needed? Will you be able to to pay back your debt when you now declared banckruptcy?

Not having fear and making plans are two different stories. I don't have fear, but i have plans and emergency reserves, shelters. We all know hurricane is about to sweep you away and you stand in front of it and have faith it's gonna stop and split in two, and you just tell the hurricane 'I LOVE you', and it's not gonna hurt you?

let the fear make you realize it's okay to fear, then you will go from there.


and good luck, see you on the other side.

Last edited by Nicomachus; 10-05-2008 at 04:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #12
larissarissa
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: S. Korea
Posts: 27
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

Hey, I went through Andrew too! That was fun. I have nothing against being prepared. I've been carrying cash for years now. Now I can't figure out which currency to change my won to. Decisions, decisions.

We all react to situations in our own personal ways. No matter how hard I try, I can't get serious about any of this stuff. Oh, btw, good point about not having fear being a different level of fear. Probably true. I'll agree with and respect anything you say that is right for you, and would hope to be respected for my point of view, it's only for me, after all.
larissarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #13
Nicomachus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by larissarissa View Post
Hey, I went through Andrew too! That was fun. I have nothing against being prepared. I've been carrying cash for years now. Now I can't figure out which currency to change my won to. Decisions, decisions.

We all react to situations in our own personal ways. No matter how hard I try, I can't get serious about any of this stuff. Oh, btw, good point about not having fear being a different level of fear. Probably true. I'll agree with and respect anything you say that is right for you, and would hope to be respected for my point of view, it's only for me, after all.
No ,Andrew wasn't fun at all, cause I was resided in Homestead, where it hit the most.

And if you say so, you must have a pretty tough soul. But I wanted to warn you surviving in Korea could be whole different story. You should remember Korea still is technically in a war, economically davestated, a lot of people are gone mad.

Watch your back always!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
Nicomachus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

Don't you guys think this could be a good place to hide?

This green tea farming town is called Bosung located about 100km down from the southern city of Gwangju.

The place dipicted in the picture is the farm called "Dae-han-da-won"

Let me say, if anything happens whatever that might be, you guys will do whatever you will feel like to do, anycase it fails, this will be the place we'll all meet up? , and I will be there.

Just hope we'd never meet down there.



And a link to a nice music....
http://cfs6.blog.daum.net/upload_con...01_Skylake.wma
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #15
IndigoPhoenix
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Busan, SK
Posts: 25
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

looks pretty.. we should talk about it when we meet on Sat...i think the area might be too surrounded by urbanized areas..and with it being right on the coast we might not be able to escape from there if we needed to...flooding is one thing we should consider.. most of the places im looking at are along the taebaek mountain range around the eastern half of the country and some places in central SK.

i am preparing a list of places that i think would be relatively safe..i have 14 places in mind..im also working on visuals for u all from google earth and profiles for these places. i hope to have it ready to go when i come down on sat. peace.

i'm also thinking about making routes out of SK through NK, and China to Mongolia, which i hear is a safeland....i j/ wish the place had trees..the place looks treeless. anyways if u guys want me to do that i'll scare up some possible escape routes too. peace.

Last edited by IndigoPhoenix; 10-07-2008 at 05:53 PM.
IndigoPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #16
Nicomachus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoPhoenix View Post
looks pretty.. we should talk about it when we meet on Sat...i think the area might be too surrounded by urbanized areas..and with it being right on the coast we might not be able to escape from there if we needed to...flooding is one thing we should consider.. most of the places im looking at are along the taebaek mountain range around the eastern half of the country and some places in central SK.

i am preparing a list of places that i think would be relatively safe..i have 14 places in mind..im also working on visuals for u all from google earth and profiles for these places. i hope to have it ready to go when i come down on sat. peace.

i'm also thinking about making routes out of SK through NK, and China to Mongolia, which i hear is a safeland....i j/ wish the place had trees..the place looks treeless. anyways if u guys want me to do that i'll scare up some possible escape routes too. peace.


Sure it does, isn't it?

Since I'm a native in Korean, I might be able to help you guys a little coummunicating with koreans when it comes to the MATTER we are are talking about.

And my specialty is techs in various kind(electronics, communication, explosives, weaponaries, psy ops, nuclear protectives and probably anything when it comes to the matter of survivalism), and you won't believe if I'm now disguised as a teacher in architectural theories in a college

Name: Art Kim
Contact: doomok@hotmail.com Skype id: lakesua


My skype will be on everyday after 8:00 PM through 2:AM


Keep in touch

Last edited by Nicomachus; 10-08-2008 at 04:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #17
Jeremiad
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 24
Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

Art!

That place is gorgeous, and I'd be down, but I think we need to talk about our options (hopefully on Saturday). A little birdie told me that Manchuria might be a safe place, as it is far removed from the population of China, though, I have to admit Phoenix, the idea of slogging it through North Korea scares me a bit. Maybe we can get out hands on a boat?

So... I have some letters I want to share with you guys on Saturday (in regards to the little birdie I mentioned). It's a tad far out there, and I'm not going to go into it here, but did any of you get a chance to watch the debate between McCain and Obama (trust me it correlates)? I unfortunately haven't had a chance to catch it. If so, would you say that Obama "dominated" McCain? I'll get into it more on Saturday.

Oh, and Art, yes having a Korean speaker would help us tremendously. Who knows what we'll find ourselves up against in the near future.

If things do get really bad, I'm guessing that most of us here are actually foreigners who are on teaching visas. How do you think the government is going to react to us, as far as being non-native Koreans go?

I'll see ya'll on Saturday!

- J
Jeremiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon