Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 05-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Air Con (most important book you will read for 2009!)

Air Con (most important book you will read for 2009!) Okay, okay, who am I to judge that this is the most important book you will (may) read for 2009, but seriously, that is what I believe! And time is running out very quickly. We only have till maybe November 2009 to try and wake up enough people before the world wide meeting at Copenhagen in December 2009 when the one world government cronies are going to try and introduce a carbon emissions tax that will be disasterous for countries economies and your own wallet as they use this money to fund and further their One World Government agenda under the UN name with the World Bank and IMF in tow!

Editorial Reviews
Review
Air Con demonstrates, with hundreds of scientific references, that global warming was not, is not, and will not be a global crisis; that, even if per impossibile it might be, it is far more cost-effective to adapt as and if needed than to attempt to mitigate 'global warming' by cutting emissions of carbon dioxide; and that all attempts at mitigation would serve only to imprison the very poorest in their poverty, thereby perversely increasing world population and consequently the 'carbon footprint' of humakind, achieving an outcome precisely the opposite of that which was (however piously) intended.

The UN, Mikhail Gorbachev, Jacques Chirac, and other world-government wannabes are plotting to establish nothing less than a global, bureaucratic-centralist dictatorship under the pretext that it is necessary to 'Save The Planet'.

Ian Wishart's book demonstrates that there is not the slightest scientific reason for the new, quasi-religious belief that The Planet needs Saving. The new religion is merely an excuse for world government. World government will not, repeat not, be democratic government. The 'global warming' debate is not really a debate about climatology - it is a debate about freedom. It is the aim of the growing world-government faction among the international classe politique to take away our hard-won freedom and democracy forever.

I commend this timely book, which makes the scientific arguments comprehensible to the layman. Those who read it will help to forestall the new Fascists and so to keep us free. --Lord Christopher Monckton, Viscount of Brenchley

I started reading this book with an intensely critical eye, expecting that a mere journalist could not possibly cope with the complexities of climate science ... [But] He gives chapter and verse for almost everything he says and he has been far more far-ranging in searching the web than anyone else I know.

The book is brilliant. The best I have seen which deals with the news item side of it as well as the science. He has done a very thorough job and I have no hesitation in unreserved commendation. It has come along at the time we most need it and I hope it is published and publicized widely. --Dr Vincent Gray, Climate Science Coalition

Product Description
What you are about to read is the most up to date and easy to read assessment of the global warming debate, and arguably one of the most important general books you ll read this year. That s because proposed new carbon cuts to be finalised in December this year are expected to cost each household more than $3,000 in new taxes and fees every year! This is your money don t you want to know whether they re telling you the truth? Regardless of whether you currently believe global warming is caused by humans, or whether you have nagging doubts, if you ve got an open mind and are genuinely searching for the facts you ll find Air Con is a compelling read...

ISBN-13: 978-0958240147
Publisher: Howling at the Moon Publishing, New Zealand
Author: Ian Wishart

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars My take on it., May 10, 2009
By P. A. Sullivan "Pete" (NZ.) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Air Con: The Seriously Inconvenient Truth About Global Warming
This is the second book of Wishart's that I have read. His background is that of an investigative journalist.
He approaches the topic as someone who once was a luke warm advocate of AGW, but along the way became concerned about anomalies in the science and the debate.
He quickly declares his hand and is not shy about being very direct in his critique. He cites numerous references to support his views and has extensive coverage of such topics as the greenhouse effect, melting of the ice, rising sea levels, glacial thawing, urban heat islands, polar bears, the sun, etc. It is a book for the lay person rather than the scientist. He presents both sides of the arguments and has clearly done a huge amount of research. Because he has made up his own mind this is reflected in his language and his opinions.
Personally, I like Wishart's style. He has a history of sticking his neck out and he can be controversial, but he generally follows the facts, no matter what the reaction (probably as a good journalist should).
I found the book to be 'good reading' in that the information is compulsively readable. It helps that I have read quite widely on the topic and was familiar with many of the studies he cited.
The part of the book that really surprised me was his discussion around the leading players in the AGW movement. I have tended to ignore the conspiracy aspects of this debate from both ends. Again his investigative journalism background comes to the fore. He endeavours to follow the money and establish who benefits from the potential bonanza to be had in carbon credits. I don't directly have any evidence to support or contradict any of the specific assertions he makes in this segment (such as Soros affiliates funding James Hansen's legal bills, or Al Gores over close relationship with Enron principles), but given his journalistic reputation (very dogged and more right than wrong) I wouldn't dismiss it without considerable thought. He argues quite cogently that there are vast amounts of money at stake and that everything is not as it seems on the face of it. He presents a very strong argument that every person has to come to their own decision, as they are going to pay the price.
He is less than complimentary about the IPCC, Gore, Hansen, and some leading institutions, but not unreasonably so (in my view).
I like to read both ends of the argument, and this book is a good addition to the topic, no matter what side of the fence you are on. Given that proposed legislation in most western countries will add significant costs to most households the publication is very timely.
I couldn't decide whether to give it 4 or 5 stars, but went for 5 because it is a book that aimed to inform the lay person by researching and distilling the state of science and presenting it in a manner readily understood by the averagely intelligent reader. He succeeds in this ambition.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars The book you must read, May 14, 2009
By Jim Nicholls (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
If you read one book this year, make it this one. And then lend it or recommend it to as many friends as you can. It is a very readable and well-researched overview of the whole global-warming scenario, which demonstrates convincingly that we are all being fed some very misleading information from seemingly-trustworthy sources. The author explains how, and more importantly, why this is happening, and gives a fascinating account of just who stands to benefit from all those carbon taxes that are set to make our lives so much more expensive. He does not deny that the planet may be warming, but points out that climate variation is a natural phenomenon which has always existed, is beyond our control, and is little influenced by our activities. It is, regardless of the topic, a well-written and entertaining book, and I thoroughly recommend it.
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Air Con (most important book you will read for 2009!)

And here is an excellent 7 minute video of Journalist and author Ian Wishart who has just released his latest book, Air Con, in which he argues the media and powerful "green" lobby groups perpetuate the myth that climate change is man-made. This aired on New Zealand's TVNZ Breakfast new programme.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_windows_skin/2681482 - well worth watching!
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote