Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
Mikill
Project Avalon Member

Default Too much arguing

I like this site a lot.BUT, there is way too much arguing back and forth on certain threads that have nothing to do with the original post topic.To those arguers i plead.Go somewhere else.I like to exchange ideas in here.Not argue.Sometimes i may get a lil angry at an opposing viewpoint.I'm human.But if you want to do nothing but argue, the internet is one big non-stop hot air blowing argument.Go find your misery-loves-company fix somewhere else or this site will end up like most others that had good intentions=endless posts where people are arguing about meaningless non-sense.Important things are going on in here so go somewhere else.
Mikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: Too much arguing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikill View Post
I like this site a lot.BUT, there is way too much arguing back and forth on certain threads that have nothing to do with the original post topic.To those arguers i plead.Go somewhere else.I like to exchange ideas in here.Not argue.Sometimes i may get a lil angry at an opposing viewpoint.I'm human.But if you want to do nothing but argue, the internet is one big non-stop hot air blowing argument.Go find your misery-loves-company fix somewhere else or this site will end up like most others that had good intentions=endless posts where people are arguing about meaningless non-sense.Important things are going on in here so go somewhere else.
You are right on target Mikill. I closed one thread earlier today for this very reason. If folks are going to be argumentive.. they will need to leave and go to some other forum where that type of behavior is tolerated.

Thank you for bringing this up as being argumentative is not in keeping with the spirit of Avalon.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Artycarl
Avalon Senior Member

You will always get arguing in a forum, that is inevitable, but thankfully this is one of the more tolerant forums I have visited. Most people are accepting of different viewpoints to their own and sledging and flaming is kept to a minimum much to the credit of all the members.

I don't agree with a lot of the things I read on here, some of it I might personally find to be bordering on the ridiculous but who is to say that they are wrong and I am right.

Becoming more tolerant of others is something we should all aspire to.
Artycarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
norman
Avalon Senior Member

I agree about the arguing. I'm newly registered here and I've tried to engage with thoughtful people here (I'm sure there's plenty - somewhere) but I feel a bit like I'm in a noisy pub trying to have a quiet chat. I don't want to be 'mouth to ear' with a grimace and shouting.

I suppose age is an issue. There's a generation thing when you talk face to face. but in this way of talking age is almost invisible.

I don't know what else to say.

norman.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #5
Danielle

I have to say that I agree too.

I am very new to the site and haven't had much chance to get up to speed on many things yet but am working my way through the current relevant threads, and some do seem quite bitchy for want of a better word, and a little off putting at times.

It is a shame, because when it's on topic (which admittedly, the bulk of it is), it's all good stuff !!!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

If people are going to insult and attack (usually public figures) they should imagine they themselves are not anonymous, are speaking to this person face to face and could be challenged legally. Im sure its also a complete lack of respect which has been programmed into us for years now
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
Suriel

Wink Re: Too much arguing

Debates are fine if they are intelligent and respectful. But personal attacks are never encouraged to be posted. This only sparks more negativity. I have noticed that many members have complained about the negativity on Avalon. I recommend keeping personal emotional responses private. This will help the information from the forum become more available to members and researchers.

We are all here to learn and connect here on Avalon. And we want our stay at Avalon to be fun and inspirational. If any of you have any personal concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Peace and Love,
Suriel - Messenger of Light
Old 10-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #8
ET137
Avalon Senior Member

having been actively involved online since 1996, an international forum moderator myself for a number of those years, i can concur with first hand experience in this; broken people tend to congregate on message board forums.

but to be more specific, from having read some of the posts and polls around here...

--- there are more young testosterone filled men here than anything... kids - teens/twenty-somethings... that have only begun exploring this arena, (and the vast realm of alternative thinking). to them "awake" means aware something/someone is out to get them vs. what awakened really means - which is to step outside the mental body and all stories and reveal 'that which cannot be held in a thought' and has no story but is forever present; soul. (it is only in true awakening that one comes to terms with opposites and realizes the truth "all is one").

and then there are many disabled folks around here as well on fixed incomes/ss/ssi... that come here to get their needed social time in.

when you see people online angry with each other over some words they read on a board... realize they're not getting their physical needs met in the world. realize that they are looking at symbols... english language symbols and then interpreting their meaning by projection.

language is primitive at best - and we know this by how frequently we have misunderstandings in our day to day lives with loved ones, friends and family. ie. how many times have you said one thing only to have someone tell you that they heard something entirely different?

why does this happen? because we tend to see our own issues in the symbols written by others; projection. we are looking for a moment in time, and place that we can work through our own personal issues ---and sadly most people tend to project their inabilities on to others, as if it's someone else's fault... rather than sit with them and work them out amongst themselves as their own issues.

if you really want to know a person, listen to their words spoken in anger. the problems they perceive with the world are really much closer to home, just beneath the skin. (and that's the only place they can be healed and peace recognized --- before and after the story being told in the mental body).

important to remember when on the boards anywhere online... that only a fragile person has any need to try and knock someone else down (in an attempt to bring them down to their low level operating system of beliefs). when you see it, recognize that it is not a sign of strength - but rather an illness - an imbalance... a weakness... someone who feels disconnected from the Oneness of life, and is not in their right mind. we all have felt this and continue to exhibit it at various points in the journey.... and more often than not... the best way to remind the one struggling with it how to come to terms and claim their part in it, is silence. leave them/him/her/you to their own, or your own silence.

after all, the universe has a wonderful way of navigating all the stars and planets at unfathomable speeds throughout the universe.... it can surely lead a fragment of itself in human form (stumbling around on foot), out of the pit of self destruction.

i wish you, each and every one of you the absolute very best.

peace

ps. i rarely come around here, as i am unimpressed by the huge array of superstitious thoughts routinely celebrated and repeatedly ingested. most of the dialogue is based in ancient fear patterns and just like a rotten bag of food which has been left in a cupboard to spoil from months ago .... i am surprised to see people go back and gather those sickly bits, insert them into their mouths to chew and mull over endlessly --- as if there is some nutritional value to them. instead, they're left empty... which in turn they go back and eat it again somehow thinking that it might be more fulfilling the next time. again... people not in their right mind... failing to connect with the other side of all this; unity - soul - oneness.

take care all - and best wishes for a gorgeous holiday season - however you interpret that to be...

=)

Last edited by ET137; 10-17-2008 at 07:12 PM.
ET137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #9
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

Also, it's good to be aware when someone is trying to start an argunment, not to react or respond. When ever I see someone starting to attack, I just distance myself so that I won't feed into it.
I hope that as time passes, threads of insults or disrespect become less and less or disappear.....
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

peace to all. there are some excellent, non-argumentative threads on here, just been to the pot belly. nice.
Elephant Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #11
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

ET137 said;

why does this happen? because we tend to see our own issues in the symbols written by others; projection. we are looking for a moment in time, and place that we can work through our own personal issues ---and sadly most people tend to project their inabilities on to others, as if it's someone else's fault... rather than sit with them and work them out amongst themselves as their own issues.

2nd that.
Jenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #12
norman
Avalon Senior Member

but he/(she) DID stick a knife in at this point:

i am unimpressed by the huge array of superstitious thoughts routinely celebrated and repeatedly ingested.

Eloquence yes. oneness, not quite. Aooch, I felt that. but in a nice way.

norman.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #13
Magii
Avalon Senior Member

Anti-Doom, Anti-Group Think is a plus !

Magii is offline   Reply With Quote