Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Default Interesting and Odd Australian Stuff

Here is a site I've come across in my search for the odd and unexplained, which has numerous links to all kinds of weird stuff

http://www.mysteriousaustralia.com/M..._Homepage.html

It concentrates on Australia but has parallels with odd things and events that occur worldwide.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #2
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Interesting and Odd Australian Stuff

This guy Gilroy sounds like he's been around for awhile, they're still trying to prove the existence of Bigfoot here, or as you guys say, Yowie. I see he's got a UFO book too, but what's so weird about big black cats being around?, or is it that you don't have black panthers there?, or is it that they were seen in an area that they weren't supposed to be in? Sounds like he's still going strong too, and he's an interesting guy.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
This guy Gilroy sounds like he's been around for awhile, they're still trying to prove the existence of Bigfoot here, or as you guys say, Yowie. I see he's got a UFO book too, but what's so weird about big black cats being around?, or is it that you don't have black panthers there?, or is it that they were seen in an area that they weren't supposed to be in? Sounds like he's still going strong too, and he's an interesting guy.
No Dan, Australia does not have any predators found elsewhere in the world. (Apart from crocodiles and sharks.) Any that are here were brought to this country by settlers. Aussie has a wide range of native critters not found anywhere else in the world.

Kind of like it was an isolated part of the world populated from some other planet. (That could be food for thought.)
Old 03-14-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: Interesting and Odd Australian Stuff

Thanks Brinty,
But note,
You are the most interesting
and the most oddest Australian stuff on this forum!
Even though> your originally from New Zzzland!
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #5
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Oh gosh giovonni, and I thought I'd been so clever at disguising my true personality.

Where did I go wrong?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

What!? Brinty you never told me you are a sheep-shagger

haha! thats ok, I still love ya even if you are from kiwiland, here I was thinking how pathic south-east queenslands representation on this forum was but at least I've got Brinty.. and your as aussie as a marlborough sav blanc.

How long have you been in OZ? (longer than my 28 years on Earth?)
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher

Brinty,

You always have such fun and intertaining posts!
Thanks for being around .

It's nice to see such a great sense of humor.....
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
What!? Brinty you never told me you are a sheep-shagger

haha! thats ok, I still love ya even if you are from kiwiland, here I was thinking how pathic south-east queenslands representation on this forum was but at least I've got Brinty.. and your as aussie as a marlborough sav blanc.

How long have you been in OZ? (longer than my 28 years on Earth?)
Been here since 1994 Luminari and have no intention of leaving. Can't go back to NZ, I know too much - the sheep would kill me.

Did you hear about the Kiwi that bought a sheep station? He came over here a couple of years before we did. He was a dwarf - only stood three foot six in his black gumboots, singlet and shorts.

After a few weeks, the sheep suffered fly strike and their back ends looked disgusting. He calls the vet who treats the sheep and they recover. A few weeks later the dwarf develops a severe rash in his groin and visits a doctor who prescribes ointment.

A week goes by with no improvement so the dwarf visits the doctor again and this time has to take a daily dose of medicine. Another week goes by and he is in such agony that he can hardly walk.

The sheep are now inflicted with red-eye and look rather poorly so once more the vet is called in. He takes one look and administers antibiotics and says they will be okay in a couple of days.

He notices the little farmer limping and comments on it. The dwarf replies, "I've had this severe rash in my groin and two visits to the doctor haven't proved much use. You're bloody good and quick with the sheep, would you have a look at me please?"

So the vet lifted him up onto a fencepost, pulled down his shorts and examined his groin. "Ah ha, I see the problem." He goes over to his 4wd, and comes back with a pair of shears and starts snipping around the top of the dwarf's legs.

"There," he says, lifting him down again, "try walking now." The farmer takes a few halting steps and says, "Hey, it's still a bit tender but man, it's a whole lot better. What did you do?"

"Oh, I just snipped a couple of inches off the top of your gumboots."
Old 03-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

isnt it interesting.....

that most cats in australia are not affected by catnip? lol
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #10
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

On the topic of cats and catnip - we have two cats and built outdoor enclosures where they could be out in the fresh air and not kill birds and chase other critters. We planted a number of grasses which were supposed to be favorites of cats. I don't think our cats had read the same books that we had because the grasses have grown somewhat and the cats don't go out into the runs anywhere near as often as they used to.