Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default understanding death

Every one of us is going to die someday, so there is no use in being afraid of death. You don't feel miserable at the prospect of losing consciousness of your body in sleep; you accept sleep as a state of freedom to look forward to. So is death; it is a state of rest, a pension from this life. There is nothing to fear. When death comes, laugh at it. Death is only an experience through which you are meant to learn a great lesson: you cannot die.

Though the ordinary man looks upon death with dread and sadness, those who have gone before know it as a wondrous experience of peace and freedom.

At death, you forget all the limitations of the physical body and realize how free you are. For the first few seconds there is a sense of fear -- fear of the unknown, of something unfamiliar to the consciousness. But after that comes a great realization: the soul feels a joyous sense of relief and freedom. You know that you exist apart from the mortal body.

The consciousness of the dying man finds itself suddenly relieved of the weight of the body, of the necessity to breathe, and of any physical pain. A sense of soaring through a tunnel of very peaceful, hazy, dim light is experienced by the soul. Then the soul drifts into a state of oblivious sleep, a million times deeper and more enjoyable than the deepest sleep experienced in the physical body.... The after-death state is variously experienced by different people in accordance with their modes of living while on earth. Just as different people vary in the duration and depth of their sleep, so do they vary in their experiences after death.

Our real self, the soul, is immortal. We may sleep for a little while in that change called death, but we can never be destroyed. We exist, and that existence is eternal. The wave comes to the shore, and then goes back to the sea; it is not lost. It becomes one with the ocean, or returns again in the form of another wave. This body has come, and it will vanish; but the soul essence within it will never cease to exist. Nothing can terminate that eternal consciousness.

The selections featured here are excerpted from Paramahansa Yogananda's book, WHERE THERE IS LIGHT: Insight & Inspiration for Meeting Life's Challenges.

I am posting this thread because I feel that as much as we have to understand our relation to life it is as important to understand our relation to death for this is part of our existence .We should not wait for death to come to transcend it and come to the plain realization that we are immortal.

Kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Thumbs up Re: understanding death

Thx Mudra
I don't fear the reaper
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: understanding death

Me neither, but when I do go I'd like to go in my sleep like my Grandad, not screaming in panic like his passengers.

A..

... ok ok, I know its an old one.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I'm 50/50 on death. I'd prefer it to come when my loved ones are well-off and will not suffer through such a loss.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
shred
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I'm 50/50 on death. I'd prefer it to come when my loved ones are well-off and will not suffer through such a loss.
I dont fear death. However I have to agree with Humble, where family is concerned.
shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #6
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
How will being well-off help them deal with your death???
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks mudra, no fear here either! If I have any relatives left when I die, I will make sure they know how I feel about death and to throw a big party!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

It is my belief that you will not die unless your soul agrees to it. So yes, that means everyone on that plane agreed...ah, but there were those who were supposed to be on that plane but somehow missed it. No coincidence there, they were not ready.

My father, when he was 32, almost died from a penicillin allergy. He was given the choice of whether to stay or go--my brother and I were very young. He said no, I want to stay here and watch my children grow up. Now he is 84. I asked him if he regretted that choice...of course he said no, but I'm sure he had his days!
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #9
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

I have hesitated to comment on this thread, but I have decided to anyway! The only Death that humans should accept is death of their ego self which is not physical death. Physical death to me is failure to graduate from this earth school! The wheel of reincarnation is real alright, but its a limitation. We do have examples of people ascending with there bodies and to me its a much more acceptable science.

Death is a bit like time or calendars. Its an agreement, a belief, and we don't have to follow everyone else like lemmings over the cliff!!!

To die and have to come back through birth and learning everything all over again is sad. We are just repeating what we could have learned in our lifetime. And its not about fearing death. Its about asking the question "Is there more to life than what I have been taught" Is this it? Born, grow, die!!! Over and over again. There is more and I know there is more.

Love and Light

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #10
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
I have hesitated to comment on this thread, but I have decided to anyway! The only Death that humans should accept is death of their ego self which is not physical death. Physical death to me is failure to graduate from this earth school! The wheel of reincarnation is real alright, but its a limitation. We do have examples of people ascending with there bodies and to me its a much more acceptable science.

Death is a bit like time or calendars. Its an agreement, a belief, and we don't have to follow everyone else like lemmings over the cliff!!!

To die and have to come back through birth and learning everything all over again is sad. We are just repeating what we could have learned in our lifetime. And its not about fearing death. Its about asking the question "Is there more to life than what I have been taught" Is this it? Born, grow, die!!! Over and over again. There is more and I know there is more.

Love and Light

Carmen
If you fix yourself to a form be it a short lasting one or an everlasting one will that make any difference ?

Having access to that formless realm is truly liberating. It frees you from bondage to form and identification with form. It is life in its undifferentiated state prior to its fragmentation into multiplicity. We may call it the Unmanifested, the invisible Source of all things, the Being within all beings. It is a realm of deep stillness and peace, but also of joy and intense aliveness. Whenever you are present, you become "transparent" to some extent to the light, the pure consciousness that emanates from this Source. You also realize that the light is not separate from who you are but constitutes your very essence.

Echkart Tolle

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #11
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Mudra, to me its not about fixing to a form. The ego is fixed to a form, the Great Self comes and goes at will. It can manifest the body, then increase its frequency and disappear from this realm. The body is the garment that we wear to express on this plane of demonstration. Trouble is the ego self has taken over and our spiritual selves have been buried by limiting beliefs and attitudes. We are then body/mind. The Great Self, the spiritual Self, is mind/body. The body is then subject to the mind and is multi-dimensional.

Love to you

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Dear Mudra, to me its not about fixing to a form. The ego is fixed to a form, the Great Self comes and goes at will. It can manifest the body, then increase its frequency and disappear from this realm. The body is the garment that we wear to express on this plane of demonstration. Trouble is the ego self has taken over and our spiritual selves have been buried by limiting beliefs and attitudes. We are then body/mind. The Great Self, the spiritual Self, is mind/body. The body is then subject to the mind and is multi-dimensional.

Love to you

Carmen
Wow Carmen ,, you been doing your homework again
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:

Love to you

Carmen
Hello dear Carmen and thank for your postings.

I believe you and I agree:

It's not that we have a life. We are the life.The One Life, the one consciousness that pervades the entire universe and takes temporary form to experience itself as a stone or blade of grass, as an animal, a person, a star or a galaxy.

Kindness and love
mudra
Old 06-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #14
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Death where are your thorns?
Death where is your sting?

Im not my body not my mind not my soul not even me

What others think you are - You are not
What you think you are - You are not

I Am nothing like a person no not even close
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Die to the little self

while still in the body ..

die to ignorance

greed

suffering

fear

control

and then realy live ...

and then realy die ...

finaly ....

put an end to it ...

off the wheel

the merry go round ...

rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting post Mudra, although I may digress from the subject of death
I still think it is worth saying.

If we are eternal and I believe we are, then we have existed in one form or another for billions of years and will continue to exist for billions more. So then what is the purpose of this Earth plain existence in a physical 3D body?
As we evolve I believe we eventually become what I term an enlightened being. To be enlightened it implys that we can answer any question and to do that we must have experienced the situation of the question, honey is just honey until you taste it. Therefore to experience by touch taste smell sound and sight emotions and feelings is truly wonderful. To hold a new born baby in your arms, to experience the excitement of youth the wisdom of age the transcendence of death. Only one life time would be way to short to gain the infinite experiences on offer. To be a Fly for a day or a mighty Oak tree for four hundred years.
So to me the only thing of substance is experience.

Now to the nature of experience. it is my understanding that initially we were beings of positive free will DNA (consciousness) and gave unconditionally as the apple gives up it's fruit so it's seed can be carried all was in balance, until greed and avarice evolved. Through time these traits have been deliberately infesting our DNA and in certain percentage has become dominant manifesting as ultra egos with no or very little compassion or care.

Again it is my believe that the majority of humanity still has enough positive DNA and if nurtured and practiced can return to dominance. The challenge as I see it is to do what my conscious suggests despite what my Ego wants and to give freely without conditions.

Although the presence of the negative energies of ego in us all may seem to be repressive, we here in this existence are unique in the fact that we have adapted to dealing with it. I pray and hope that humanity can wake up to this fact and begin to restore the balance.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #17
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

The best way to get over a fear of death is to astral project. Once you have been out of your body, the thought of it all ending vanishes forever.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #18
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
The best way to get over a fear of death is to astral project. Once you have been out of your body, the thought of it all ending vanishes forever.
Boy do I struggle doing that, tried lots of times fall asleep every time . No fear of death though saw lots of it and spirit in a job I had. Even made contact with a couple of them
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #19
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: understanding death

On Death and Dying

Die Art zu Leben

The Nature of Life (or) The Manner of Living (or) How to Live

"The fearlessness must be formed in such a way that it is never foolhardy, rather simply in such a way that the grief, the hindrances and the difficulties, and so forth, are not avoided, so that from them it can be learnt - and also the cognition matures - that all life of any kind is bound together and requires the other and indeed extending beyond death.

"If this cognition matures then intensive contemplation is engaged about the significance of death and dying which exhibits so many facets of the perishable.

"This cognition in turn enables the human to draw full use from his life, as long as time allows this.

"The use is the creation of further cognition, of knowledge, love, peace, wisdom and harmony and security, to be able to die without feeling regret, without having to reproach oneself for living life wrongly and having senselessly wasted it.

"Therefore there is only the way of true evolution which says that life must be lived all the time and in every situation so correctly that neither in life nor in death does it evoke regret."

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/mei...l152.sww69.htm

~~~~~* ~~~~~* ~~~~~* ~~~~~* ~~~~~* ~~~~~*

The act of dying is well known to all of us, though many refuse to face this in a realistic way. Reincarnation IS the true Reality. All that we learn in this life is stored in the Comprehensive Consciousness Block between the lives, and is accessible to our Spirit as we generate a new personality in the next incarnation. Nothing gained is ever lost.

Then the meaning and purpose of THIS life is to learn what we may for the continued Evolution of our Spirits. When we find solutions to the problems of life, the lessons of living, these lessons do not need to be repeated again - we move on to new problems and new lessons. This is the path of Evolution - to evolve to greater and greater challenges for our continued growth in Spiritual Wisdom.

The Ultimate Goal of all our lives => some 60- to 80-Billion years experienced in the Material worlds => is to re-unite again with Creation, from which our Spirits originate, along with all other Spirits which have been on all the different paths of their own Evolution. The ReUnion of Spirits come from everywhere in the Entire Universe. The Purpose for this is to bring the GIFT of our accumulated Knowledge, Love and Wisdom back to Creation.

http://www.theyfly.com/

http://futureofmankind.co.uk/

http://us.figu.org/portal/Default.aspx

http://forum.figu.org/cgi-bin/us/discus.cgi

Peace

Last edited by J_rod7; 07-12-2009 at 01:25 AM.
J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #20
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" --- and find that there is no death.

Eckhart Tolle - Stillness speaks
Old 07-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #21
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Reincarnation doesn't help you if in your next incarnation you still don't know who you are.

Eckhart Tolle
Old 07-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #22
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

"Therefore there is only the way of true evolution which says that life must be lived all the time and in every situation so correctly that neither in life nor in death does it evoke regret."

I like this idea Jrod .. so true

Thank you

Loving kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 07-12-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #23
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Physical death to me is failure to graduate from this earth school! The wheel of reincarnation is real alright, but its a limitation.

Some of the holiest men on this earth have reincarnated over and over again and ego had nothing to do with it The Dali Lama is one example our earth has been in lock down till we learn the lessons we need to in order to go next level. But for some reason this time is going to be different . There will be a graduation this time
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #24
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: understanding death

Mudra, Thank you for opening this Thread. It is long overdue that Human Beings should realistically examine the ART of living and dying.

This, in your opening statement, is a "wake-up call" for those still sleeping with their illusions...:

"I am posting this thread because I feel that as much as we have to understand our relation to life it is as important to understand our relation to death for this is part of our existence. We should not wait for death to come to transcend it and come to the plain realization that we are immortal."

Love and Blessings

Old 07-12-2009, 01:57 AM   #25
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: understanding death

. . Could the "tunnel" look like this?...
. .

Colors would be reversed, the center will be full of Bright, White Light