Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 02:40 AM   #1
doodlebug
Avalon Senior Member

Default Oregon

Newly awakened, trying not to freak out on all that's going on I am in Southern Oregon, and interested in meeting with people to discuss the new paradigm.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Pacific Northwest Ground Crew

Hello!
Looking to build a network in the Pacific Northwest? Ground Crew unite! I am searching for people of like mind to begin serious discussion with relavance to getting away from the coast, how and when if we need to.

A great many of us have a lot of skills, and very little cash. This is a tread to weave together a larger group of people in similar circumstances that wish to have a plan to enact on a strict budget. Though this is a tread designed to unite those of us in the Pacific North West, it is of course an open conversation to all and any who have a desire to add information and ideas that would help not only in my area, but for any other group in similar circumstances!

Be brave, light of heart, and never forget to have a sense of humor! No, I do not have gold lining my pockets but I know how to hike, hunt, live off the grid, and survive! I am happy to share anything I know and happy to ask questions to find out new ideas as well!

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #3
Pithiny
Project Avalon Researcher

Default Re: Pacific Northwest Ground Crew

Pithiny here, checking in for Ground Crew Duty. I am ALL ABOUT everything in your post and have been waiting for like minds in this area.

My skills are in Business Administration and Implimentation. You may not think this is needed, but it is a vital skill. All types of documentation, papers, instructions, recovery plans, maps, all types of paper things ARE going to be necessary. That is what I do. When a group is formed, I will be the "Go To Gal" for all group instructions, agreements, lists, spreadsheets of gathered supplies, food lists, members, resources, you name it, I will get it into a master database and keep it current and organized like our lives depend on it.

Professional Internet Researcher. Yup, I get paid to search the net and write reports, organize information, etc. Just tell me what to find and how you want it displayed to you in final form.

Office resources. Considering there may be an event that takes all electronic equipment down permanently, we need print documentation in binders. I have access to high-tech office equipment at my day job to make whatever we want. I can do this on my own dime. I can be a clearinghouse for information disbursement. I have enough paper to print whatever we want as many times as necessary for all members.

Currently working in the Real Estate Industry, FULL access to the MLS:
http://www.nwmls.com/login/index.cfm
(can search for available properties for members)

And one unique ability -- my username is derived from PITHY:
pith·y (pĭth'ē)
adj., -i·er, -i·est.
Precisely meaningful; forceful and brief: a pithy comment.
I have the uncanny ability to absorb something very complex and mirror (translate) that understanding/concept to others, condensed into a few sentences, with no loss of meaning--and to do that in a way they can understand within the limitations of linear thought and time.

To be extremely concise about this skill, I might explain the same concept to 3 different people in 3 different ways. The magic is that the words that come from within are EXACTLY what each person needed to hear with their ears or eyes to "get it."

Not sure how that is useful yet, but I know I am very good at it. Maybe I am a teacher or facilitator in the future. It's developed to a very high degree. I hope that I will find some way to use it with the Ground Crew.
CROSS LINKS from "Establishing Communities and Groups"

Northwest Washington - King/Snohomish County - (Group Request)
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=513

Last edited by Pithiny; 09-08-2008 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Cross links
Pithiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:50 AM   #4
Mizar
Avalon Senior Member

Mizar here, checking in from just across the border.
Limited resources you say? Don't limit yourself, you always have an abundance of something, find out what it is, and develop it to become useful as a ground crew member.
Here's Mizar's immediate advice to impoverished crew members;
1) cut your expenses and save whatever you can, even if you have to collect empties by the side of the road ( Mizar the Mizer has done this)
2) Find and buy a classic VW Westphalia, in it you will have all you need, propane fridge, sleeping area, stove, mobility and some safety as well as battery power and good fuel economy.
You can do this for less than $5,000.
M
Mizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #5
elijah_house

We are brand new to this site. We live in southern Oregon and have also learned many skills to help us be more self sufficient including gardening, canning, hunting, raising animals, etc. We did live off the grid for a period of time with generated power and hauling water, a very character building experience. We have studied different forms alternative energy. We also have an interest in short wave radio and have aquired some equipment needed for this.
We are interested in finding others with similar values and goals.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Excellent, here in Vancouver the Westphalia's average around 8,000.00 for a good one that is in decent shape. They are much less expensive elsewhere! Also, I would suggest putting together your own interior! You can piece out the stove, create a bed or blow up mattress, have water jugs and even a solar shower.

If motorized transportation is what you desire, remember that roughing it a little and buying a motorcycle is also economically viable. Though during snow time, this is a tough option.

Currently I am also putting together a backpack that has all the amenities in case road travel is not the best course. I may not be able to depend on gas, but my own two feet work just as well! Used tents at thrift stores and even new are less then 50 bucks these days, and they are light and pack worthy. Remember that wool keeps you warm even when it is wet, and that rice cooks in cold water overnight as well as dried pasta and oatmeal.

As Mizar says, there is abundance all around us if we are willing to look at it!!

I think the first and most basic order of business is the first aid kit. Here is what I have in mine thus far, and for less than 50 dollars Canadian:

Personal Care 100% Cotton Large wound Dressing
Ace bandage
Anibiotic Ointment
Echinacea & Zinc Throat spray
Ibuprofen
Tylenol #3 (Left over from an injury)
Lysine
Tylenol Suppositories (From a Doc Friend in case of broken bones!)
For women: Monistat and Tampons
Stretch and Hold Bandage
Waterproof First Aid Tape
Antiseptic Wipes
Iodine
Calia Buzz Off
Tiger Balm
Butterfly Bandages
Assorted size Band Aids/ cloth
Anti-Diarrheal
Anti-Acid
Sinus Medication
Laxative

I still need, antibiotics and a good stitch kit.
If there are any suggestions, PLEASE let me know!
Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Old 09-08-2008, 05:17 AM   #7
Providence
Avalon Senior Member

HI Wormhole and everyone - I'm in the Portland, OR area, just found this particular thread - I've been posting elsewhere... I am a Geogolist by training but also work in wetland science, botany, with understanding of hydrogeology, mineralogy, trace minerals, and soil science; I am an Optimstic Skeptic of sorts; but am planning just the same. My husband also is a Geologist but has a keen interest and capability in physics, astronomy, and statistics (particulary economic stats- go figure) - he's much more of a skeptic than I so far he thinks this is a bunch of hoo-eey. I am sure he will thank me later!
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #8
Providence
Avalon Senior Member

Wormhole - add to your kit:

A&D ointment (magical stuff) find it in the baby section (yes that's right)
Mucinex
hand warmers
filter masks - preferably the Nano Mask (for bird flu pandemic) - I got mine on line just Google it
Thyroid pills (check out KI4U on google)

Also, everyone - make sure you have a PASSPORT; Copies of all important records (preferably on a jump drive and copies in a safe deposit box).

I have more info as well will post later.
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:49 AM   #9
seircram
Avalon Senior Member

Another Southern Oregon Ground crew (as in the New Paradigm) would be interested in hearing from other area people.

Especially interested in "underground" or earth covered shelters that are not big bucks (mostly due to trucking costs from other states) and can withstand very high winds, etc. Somebody around here could make some bucks by creating local "bomb" or hurricane shelters using precast concrete products LOCALLY!

Unfortunately, around here, the water tables are usually fairly high, so "deep" shelters are very quickly water swamped in the winter months.
seircram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
Newly_Awakened
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Everyone!

First post and visit to the new Project website. Here to check in with my fellow N.W. brothers and sisters and to offer up my services for the betterment of society.

I live in the Willamette Valley currently. I am as most would call a "Jack of all Trades". My day to day job is as a Business Operations Manager for a large world wide corporation. I have a degree in Software Solutions and Business.

A little about my abilities...

Ex military of 12 years time with extensive training in emergency field medicine and bilogical warfare.

I am Skilled at construction, electricity, plumbing, horticulture & simple mechanics.
Newly_Awakened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

PROVIDENCE:
Thanks for the ideas, actually I do have the bio-filter mask with the micro-partical filters. I used it for paint fumes and have just dusted it off from my tool bag, thanks to you.

I am interested on what NEWLY-AWAKENED has to say on this subject. Also, in a previous thread you mentioned that Oregon was a safe area, would you care to expand on that?

SEIRCRAM: I have an engineer friend who has designed just this type of dome building that you are talking about. I will give him a call and get his contact info for the thread, he was selling these plans for 2000.00 US. They are approved for use in California, and are also based on Geo-Thermal Design for heating and cooling. EASY TO BUILD!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
Newly_Awakened
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Wormhole!

More than happy to lend anything I can to the subject. If anyone has any questions I can answer let me know.

I know we are not all made of money, however, I will list below what I deem to be essetial med/bio/survival kit items included in your emergency pack. This is by no means a full list of what you should have and some items I do not mention as you are already aware of them (i.e. chem masks). I encourage you to visit beprepared dot com. I shop here due to availability and good prices.

1. Colloidal Silver Solution - A natural antibacterial mineral for killing bacteria in water.

2. Potassium Iodide (PROKI) - I believe it was mentioned above; Radiation Tabs. (You can also use Iodine solution by rubbing heavy amounts on your skin over your thyroid twice daily in the event of nuclear exposure)

3. Butyl Gloves/PVC Overshoes - highest permeation resistance to gas or water vapors of any glove compound. Used in Military NBC gear.

4. Weather Resistant crank radio and flashlight. <-Must have

5. Thermal Reflective Blanket

6. Chemical Glowsticks - Always useful

7. MRE's...I'll say it again...MRE's This is a must have, they are not that expensive, loaded with life sustaining calories, easily transported and do not need water for prep. Depending on temperature you store them at, MRE's can last up to 130 months!!

MRE Storage Recommendations
Temperature (Fahrenheit) Months Storage
120° 1
110° 5
100° 22
90° 55
80° 76
70° 100
60° 130

I want to throw in a little information concerning Nuclear threats and what should be done as I believe that whatever our world is to face in the coming years or months nuclear is always a measure of a desperate person in final hours.

When faced with immanant nuclear threat...

STAY OR GO?
You must decide FIRST if you need to prepare where you are, or attempt evacuation. The nature of the threat, your prior preparations, and your confidence in your sources of information should direct your decision. If you know already you will be preparing to stay at your own home or, at least, the immediate local area, go now to #2 below.

If you are considering evacuation, your decision requires a very high confidence that it is worth the risk. You do not want to get stuck between your current location and your hoped for destination, as there will probably be no easy getting back. If you fail to get to your destination, you may be exposed without shelter, in a dangerous situation with little effective law
enforcement, perhaps among panicked hordes of refugees. Whatever supplies you have may be limited then to what you can carry on foot.

IF you are in a big city or near a military target, AND you have relatives or friends in the country that you know are awaiting you, AND the roads between you and them are clear, AND the authorities are not yet restricting traffic, AND you have the means and fuel, evacuation may be a viable option for a limited time. DO NOT attempt evacuation if all of the above is not clearly known, or if the situation is deteriorating too quickly to make the complete trip.

You do not want to get stuck and/or become a refugee being herded along with panicked masses. If evacuation is truly a viable option, do not wait - GO NOW! Do so with as many of the supplies listed on the last page as possible. Better to be two days too early in arriving than two hours too late and getting snagged mid-way, potentially exposing your family to a worse fate than having stayed where you were. Because of the very real danger of getting caught in an evacuation stampede that stalls, almost all families will be better off making the best of it wherever they currently are.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FIRST
Because time is of the essence, you need to first delegate and assign to different adult family members specific tasks so they can all be accomplished at the same time. Your first priorities to assure your family survival are Shelter, Water, and Food/Supplies. While some are working on the water storage and shelter at home, others need to be acquiring, as much as possible, the food and supplies.

FOOD/SUPPLIES
Because much of the food and supplies listed on the last page of this guide may quickly become unavailable, quantities restricted, and/or the streets and stores may become un-safe soon, you need to assign someone NOW to immediately go to the stores with that list! Get cash from the bank and ATM's first, but try and use credit cards at the stores, if at all possible, to preserve your cash.

WATER
With one or more adults now heading to the stores with the list on the last page, those remaining need to begin storing water IMMEDIATELY! Lack of clean water will devastate your family much more quickly and more severely than any lack of food. Without water for both drinking and continued good sanitary practices in food preparation and for bathroom excursions (which will inevitably be much less sanitary than normal), debilitating sickness could rampage through your household with little hope of prompt medical attention. That is a highly likely but, avoidable, disaster, ONLY IF you have enough water.

Every possible container needs to be filled with water RIGHT NOW! It will be very hard to have stored too much water. When the electricity/pumps go down or everybody in your community is doing the same thing, thus dropping the water pressure, that's it, what you've got is all you might be getting for a very long time. Empty pop bottles (1-3 liter) are ideal for water storage, also filling up the bathtub and washing machine. (Remember, later you'll have some in your hot water tank.) If you have any kiddie pools or old water beds, pull them out and fill them up, too. Anything and everything that'll hold water needs to be filled up quickly RIGHT NOW!!

One of the shopping items listed on the last page is new garbage cans and liner bags which you'll also use for storing water. If you can't get any more new cans, you could clean out an existing garbage can and scrub it throughout with bleach, then put in a new garbage bag liner and fill it with water. (Use two liners if they are very thin/flimsy.) Choose well where you fill up garbage cans with water because they won't easily be moved once full and many of them together could be too heavy for some upper floor locations. Ideally, they need to be very near where your shelter will be constructed and can actually add to its shielding properties, as you'll see below. BE ASSURED, YOU CANNOT STORE AND HAVE TOO MUCH WATER! Do not hesitate, fill up every possible container.
Newly_Awakened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #13
woodshreder
Avalon Senior Member

I am amazed at the growth of these threads
I want all in the Pacific Northwest to be aware of the prophecies of Billy Meier.
Micheal Horn was on Coast to Coast last week and explained the recent discovery of a huge fault of the Oregon Coast This publication from Oregon State University in Scientific Weekly http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0826124413.htm references this fault and its activity of late could be a warning of a earthquake in the near future in the 6.5 to 7.0 range Billy Meir however has a much worse prediction shown to him by his ET visitations in the 9.0 range with a Tsunami that follows that will destroy Portland as we know it
I hope all this is wrong but Billy Meiers predictions have a high likelihood of probability as you see here http://www.theyfly.com/
I hope we all can pull together and with collective consciousness lessen the affect or eliminate any natural disaster Peace to All Love and Light

Last edited by woodshreder; 09-09-2008 at 04:54 AM.
woodshreder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:21 AM   #14
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

Checking in here in the South Puget Sound. Many talents-skills to offer the ground crew.

Cheers
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 AM   #15
Carrie1971
Avalon Senior Member

The idea that in my life time I would see the last war of wars before the second coming came to me at a very young age. I just knew that Christ would be back in my life time. I held out hope that my Grandma's would have lived in their bodies long enough to have seen it. Sadly that is not the case. They were both settlers of "the West" both lived into their 90's and were very much a part of my "God creator" teaching.

My heart goes out to any who have kids. However it is our children here now who will be the real guilds in these days of our world. Each of us here now at this time have been given this life here as a gift. We are all here right now to be part of the holy plan. The battle doesn't mean it is just in the Middle East. The battle is in each heart and mind minute by minute to avoid the fear, hate, and lack of love for one another.

When Christ came he said he only added one law. "Love one another", and with that I will hit post. Please know I care about you all each of you and those you love and care about, I am very aware and care for your well being. Stick with your plan to be in a safe place, and just live your own life. Stay on the good path and be full of the light of love. BUT be ready.. Trust me FEMA is not going to be of much good so be ready to care for your own needs.

For the next few days I will be on the side lines but watching the board as it grows. Thanks to all who were able to make it to the bottom of this.

Remember; Life is a Gift.

Last edited by Carrie1971; 02-18-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Carrie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:16 AM   #16
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

WOODSHREDER: Thank you for the information. I've spent many hours on coast to coast, and have enjoyed every bit. It seems to me that all areas of Fault lines are suspect. If anyone has a bead-line onto a recent map of world fault lines, it would be a great resource for this forum. I'll throw it on my "to do list". Haven't had time to hear the interview, but will soon. If there are any other places in the PNW that curl your toes, please give us a heads up! BIlly is worthy of his own thread, and this is something I would happily discuss in a separate group. Let me know if your open to that.

DOMINIC: Welcome!! Please feel free to share your talents! Thanks for dropping a hello and lending your support.

WELCOME CARRIE1971: Thank you for the very accurate and needed to know information on Mt. Rainer. As I was reading your post, I had a sense that you have a deep faith and background in Religious Studies. Have you ever considered starting your own thread? Not too long ago I lived in New Orleans, I have a firsthand understanding of FEMA; and that is a thread unto itself. Thanks again and hope to hear more form you in the future.

NEWLY_AWAKENED: That is some good intel and exactly what this group needs! I am so pleased that you have said hello! What a jewel! I look forward to hearing more. I've eaten a few MRE's in New Orleans, they are not that bad. Watch out for the gum though, it is a laxative and is not labeled as such. Do you know of food sources that are even more compact in size and nutritional value? Anything that would work on a long trek? Though MRE's are action packed, they can be cumbersome if you have to carry. Each one has a large calorie value, really you could eat just once a day and be OK for a while (if you where on the road). What do you suggest? Also, what is you opinion of transportable water purification systems?

Thanks again for your candor.

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Old 09-09-2008, 05:31 AM   #17
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Quick reply to ELIJAH HOUSE: Have you read "the Radio Amateur's Handbook"? Believe it or not, I found a copy on the street a few weeks ago. It is an amazing resource! I would love to talk root cellars and canning for those who are staying put and bunkering down. I've had some problems with moisture, especially with regards to wooded barrel fruit storage. I've used the layered storage with dried straw. Have you begun any natural storage processing in root cellars? What is the difference in nutritional value in canned vegetables in comparison to fresh? With regards to HAM, what resources are you using to get supplies?
Please share if you can!
Kind regards and welcome!

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Old 09-09-2008, 05:44 AM   #18
Carrie1971
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post
WOODSHREDER: Thank you for the information. I've spent many hours on coast to coast, and have enjoyed every bit. It seems to me that all areas of Fault lines are suspect. If anyone has a bead-line onto a recent map of world fault lines, it would be a great resource for this forum. I'll throw it on my "to do list". Haven't had time to hear the interview, but will soon. If there are any other places in the PNW that curl your toes, please give us a heads up! BIlly is worthy of his own thread, and this is something I would happily discuss in a separate group. Let me know if your open to that.

DOMINIC: Welcome!! Please feel free to share your talents! Thanks for dropping a hello and lending your support.

WELCOME CARRIE1971: Thank you for the very accurate and needed to know information on Mt. Rainer. As I was reading your post, I had a sense that you have a deep faith and background in Religious Studies. Have you ever considered starting your own thread? Not too long ago I lived in New Orleans, I have a firsthand understanding of FEMA; and that is a thread unto itself. Thanks again and hope to hear more form you in the future.

NEWLY_AWAKENED: That is some good intel and exactly what this group needs! I am so pleased that you have said hello! What a jewel! I look forward to hearing more. I've eaten a few MRE's in New Orleans, they are not that bad. Watch out for the gum though, it is a laxative and is not labeled as such. Do you know of food sources that are even more compact in size and nutritional value? Anything that would work on a long trek? Though MRE's are action packed, they can be cumbersome if you have to carry. Each one has a large calorie value, really you could eat just once a day and be OK for a while (if you where on the road). What do you suggest? Also, what is you opinion of transportable water purification systems?

Thanks again for your candor.

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole

I must get off the internet I have some pressing matters.. " nothing huge just apples need to be put away for winter use." However I will check in and post before the end of the week. IF anyone has any striaght questions for me I will tell what I know or hold as truth.

My parents never stepped foot in church (mom did go to mass) "still holds for my Dad" my Mom made me learn the whole deal of the Roman Catholic faith and at what I would call the ninth hour my Dad who is of Eastern mind pulled me to the side and asked me if I really understood if I went to the confirmation and took part in that what I was doing was "sealing my soul"... Having no clue what he was talking about he gave me a book to read. Which was one of the kind you cannot put down.. After reading it I understood "soul" and "forever" and our creator's plan and the whole thing with the world we live life on. This all at the age of 10 or 11... It got much better as time passed. My Dad opened my mind to such things as powers of our mind, creating our own world. Souls, afterlife, but most of all love of all beings giving an allowance of grace to all man kind no matter what walk of life they are from. He taught me to give the same kindness to a poor street person as I would to a Dr. or Lawyer.

I spend much time in a zone/ within, and I do have a deep understanding of not only the "message" of the bible, and other text from long ago, but the "hidden" meaning of what most of the world is watching on the T.V. The best thing anyone can do is un-plug the tube and go watch You Tube that is much better then the NEWS...

I have seen many people praise Bill and Kerry for the Project Camelot I wonder if anyone has seen this page...

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/home.htm

Very good interviews there as well..

I try to get at least one a day in off that site. So much good "off the beatten pathway" info is on the net it is hard to get enough time.

Well enough of this I must hit post...
Carrie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #19
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you again Carrie1971, so how are you storing up your apples?

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Old 09-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #20
elijah_house

Hi Wormhole,

We have drake 3 transceivers and hallicrafter model S382 transceiver, we are still looking for dc power supplies for the drake. Most of our stuff is tube because it is impervious to the electromatic pulse of nuclear bombs. My husband was in the coast guard for 14 years active duty and 3 years reserve, the field he worked in was electronics/communications.
We also have a Ham Radio and Morse Code software course and exams which we have not completed yet. We also have schematics for almost all the tube radios out there on CD's.
As far as canning, we have been canning for many years and have most of the equipment needed to do large volumes, in which we are experienced at doing.
As far as root cellars, we live in Klamath County, it is a high desert area and is very dry, so we have no problmes with moisture. I did raise a lot of root crops this year however, and want to store some fresh and not can everything, so I am looking into how to do this myself.
I have a 20 year career in dentistry, however I am also an Emergency Medical Technician, Intermediate level, and have been using this skill running with a rural ambulance as a volunteer.
We live on a large ranch and just plan on hunkering down here unless the Lord leads us to do differently in the future. We are preparing for our adult children who listen to our warnings but are not taking things seriously enough to prepare for themselves. We also believe the Lord will be bringing others here as well. We are believers and left the traditional "political" churches many years ago. However we have learned more since leaving the church than when we were in the church. We are surprised to learn there are so many who are aware and are making preparations for the difficult times ahead.
We are glad to be a part of a team of people who are likeminded and we are willing to share anything we have learned in our "time in the wilderness".
God Bless all, elijah_house
Old 09-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #21
elijah_house

Default Re: Oregonian looking for a Ground Crew group

Hi doodlebug,
Have looked at the Pacific Northwest thread, there are a few of us from Oregon in that thread,
blessings, elijah_house
Old 09-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #22
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Chiming in here from Seattle area.

I am a jack of all trades and a master of none. Depends on how you define master really.

I am a chef, and have been a long time although I am not certified. I can take that tree bark and turn it into a delicious meal. I have run kitchens of all kinds, from gourmet foods to banquets that serve 3000+ guests. I expect these qualities will come in handy.

I am a computer tech. I can build them, troubleshoot them, and network them. Yet there is so much I do not know, that I am sure others will know more than I do. I would HOPE that these skill would come in handy out in the sticks….who knows!

I am a good teacher. I have always had a knack for it, even though I never pursued it. Ages 10+ and I can teach anything I know, be it chess to the religion of the aliens.

I am a good researcher.

Heck I will probably be editing this post here and there to ad more.

HAH!
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #23
Argante
Avalon Senior Member

Default Oregon

Please list all Oregon locations here.
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #24
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Oregon

My post got moved from the Pacific Northwest thread to this one, which I have only recently seen. I know I didn't post this here so it must have happened during the shuffling of threads our poor moderators have had to do.

isn't Oregon in the pacific northwest?

should we all be using one thread to network?

just a little confused here one where we should be posting.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #25
Sleeper
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Oregon

Looking for like minded people in my area. Pretty near Hermiston.
Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote