Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Healing

Notices

Healing Spiritual and Alternative Healing

Old 12-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #326
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Power of Ayahausca

-

Last edited by GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT; 02-21-2010 at 07:05 PM.
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #327
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 12-30-2009, 06:55 PM   #328
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

Would it be possible to have these images in a thread or folder on their own for people who like LOTS of this sort of thing?
I am interested in the conversation that was started ( and died) here and now if I come by to check for text I have to wait for all these images to load. Lotsa band width, too, no?

Ok, interesting Terrance Mckenna died from a brain tumour and at the start of this thread was a very interesting testimony of an aya user currently curing her brain cancer with the women shamen/shawomen. Sad it did not work for TM.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:07 PM   #329
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for all the images but I too would rather talk in this thred if that is o.k.
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #330
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

I really do agree!
Old 01-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #331
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Here I include an interesting video about some of the inconvenients of having ayahuasca.

Jacques Mabit, who founded the drug addiction treatment centre at Takiwasi (Peru).
He is director of the centre, leads ayahuasca sessions and also sees his responsibility
as guardian of the spirit of Takiwasi.

For more information about him go to http://csp.org/nicholas/A33.html
and also http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ts/3243277.stm
]
Old 01-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #332
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

In reality, the art of shamanism is all fuelled by the power of the will interacting with the power of the plants, and it seems all to easy for some shamans to warp that power to dark ends, to the shamachismo that drives them to serve selfish ego desires. Power corrupts, and the spirit world can corrupt absolutely if it's not approached from a perspective of openness and servitude.

Some curanderos practise brujeria, the dark side of the force. The rumour around town is that there are more witchdoctors than curanderos in the Amazon - and one reason for this is that it's the best paid job. Men flock to the brujos to get back their girlfriends, women to make men fall in love with them, and some people to revenge themselves on their enemies. So the brujos work their black arts, projecting their will via virote, magic darts that hit their opponents and lodge in their spirit bodies, causing physical pain, and oftentimes, death.

"I could kill you if I wanted to. I could kill President Bush," Don Juan Tangoa Paima, a respected local curandero says to me one morning in his back yard. "But I wouldn't do that. I'm not that sort of person." From his humble home near the airport, Don Juan and his American apprentice Carlos Tanner treat the local community with powerful ayahuasca sessions twice a week, and any gringos that want to be healed as well. Juan doesn't set a price on his work, and anyone who is sincerely in need of healing is free to come - the spirit of ayahuasca won't let him refuse those in need.

Juan doesn't dress in shamanic gear to attract the tourists, he's a simple man in pants and a t-shirt, often wearing a baseball cap, the village doctor on the outskirts of town. He has a great sense of humour and an amazing amount of compassion, but he too has been touched by brujeria. "Ayahuasca has it's dark side, too, all the plants do", he explains. "It's 30% bad, or drug, and 70% good, or medicine, and some people are using the drug side, looking for hallucinations and power within themselves," Don Juan says.

Taken from: http://undergrowth.org/jungle_fever_by_rak_razam
Old 01-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #333
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Entheo-tourism in Iquitos
By Nicholas Saunders

We arrived in the jungle city of Iquitos after 28 hours of travel, and straight away were taken to visit a shaman.

He was drunk, but pleased to see us and keen to answer questions. He explained that there were two types of shaman in the Amazon, curanderos and brujos. Brujos learned the same skills but they concentrated on magic and curses rather than healing like curanderos. But brujos can also heal, and curanderos also have a bad side: good and evil are opposites, but also reflections of each other. Later we learnt that the term 'shaman' came from Siberia and that 'brujo' was used historically without negative connotation. Locally the word 'curandero' was used, with the term 'banco' used for experienced elders.

This curandero was very keen to give us a session (for $50 each), and showed us his 'temple'. It was a back shed separated from his house by a small yard occupied by a pig and the outside WC. Inside it was very dark with a low roof, and had a kind of altar with a crucifix, some kitsch 'holy pictures' and various morbid things including a human skull and a crocodile skull. I did not like the feel of it at all, and refused his invitation although we had been told that his ayahuasca was excellent.

Later my intuition was confirmed when we interviewed a local woman of about thirty who had attended one of his sessions. When the ayahuasca took effect, she became aware that evil spirits were trying to enter her vagina, attempting to psychically rape her, and was grateful that she had worn black to protect herself. She knew that the curandero was aware, if not the cause, of what she felt and was trying to seduce her. The only other participant went outside to the WC and did not come back, afterwards telling her that he felt unable to do so; meanwhile she felt scared but unable to leave. She spent the session fighting off the sexual invasion, and when it ended the curandero scolded her for wearing black, at the same time congratulating her on being so strong.

We heard many more stories of corrupt curanderos taking advantage of people, particularly white women seekers. Local people did not regard curanderos as holy men. They were simply people who had learned some skills, and that included how to enter the spirit world. Like present day vicars, many of them make their living through providing services but without having spiritual powers. Those who have are not always good: they may use their powers to harm or heal according to what they are paid to do. The reality is a far cry from the myth of uncorrupt curanderos who do not accept money: they are either inaccessible or don't welcome visitors.

What it boils down to is this: there are tour operators who hire shamans and facilities, then put together a package in much the same way that others arrange skiing holidays. The result is actually far more palatable to people who are sympathetic to New Age ideals, are worried about disease and don't like mosquitos. There are several reasonably comfortable facilities which can he hired from river boats to cabins in the jungle, all equipped with mosquito nets and cooks who know what foreigners like to eat.

Advertised tours may lack romance, but they do provide most seekers with what they really want: to have the opportunity of a spiritual experience in reasonable comfort without being robbed or abused. It is much more likely that you will be satisfied by people organising such tours from your own culture who can identify with your needs. We spoke to a number of participants from several different organisations who were still satisfied when we followed them up months later.

Love magic

Iquitos is a large port on the Amazon, but without road connections to the rest of Peru. For generations men have gone off to work in the jungle while leaving their women behind. Inevitably, curanderos were asked to help wives whose men did not return or husbands whose wives had taken up with other men, and so the tradition of 'love magic' flourished. For the same reasons, Iquitos has a reputation for women being sexually independent, and in fact they freely flirt with visiting foreigners.

We interviewed a Canadian in his forties who was having an affair with a 16 year old local girl. Once, she had left him and he saw her with another man. "I told the curandero that I was jealous and asked him to help me. He asked me if I wanted him to get rid of the other man and I said 'Yes'. I gave him $50 and he was never seen again. It was as though he had been eliminated, and it makes me scared to think what I may have done."

Cultural differences

It is important to realise that accepted local values contrast with our own. Many people go for instant reward regardless of the consequences, and regard it as OK to cheat someone who has more than yourself. We met someone who had employed a team of men to look after some valuable animals, only to find them butchered for meat as soon as he turned his back: the men chose to make some quick cash even though it meant losing long term jobs. Then there was a curandero whose benefactor had arranged a tour to the USA where he was to hold a series of ayahuasca workshops, something he had longed to do. However, he could not resist spending the money he had been given for the ingredients on alcohol and ruined the tour by bringing an inactive brew.

The next thing to realise is that the Peruvians (or Ecuadorians or Brazilians) who deal with tourists are sophisticated people. They are well aware of 'The Celestine Prophecy Syndrome' * that you may be on the lookout for a signal from a stranger to lead you to a shaman * and will try to fulfil your hopes. However, their choice is likely to be a relative or whoever gives them the most commission, since their motivation is no more noble than if they were helping you find someone to have sex with. In spite of this, many punters are satisfied simply because they have no other entheogenic experience to compare with.

Finally, there are some cultural differences that apply specifically to shamanism. Like the witches of medieval Europe, local people regard curanderos with respect for their supernatural powers but not for their integrity. Then there is a very different attitude to illness. Curanderos see illness as the result of a spell put on the victim, usually by a brujo, and any cure involves removing that spell. The strength of the spell depends on the power of the person who cast it, and to remove it requires more power. A very persistent disease, therefore, can only be cured by a very powerful curandero.

Do it yourself

If you want to arrange your own group, you can hire out the facilities in Iquitos. There is a venue specially built for the purpose called Sacha Mama which is hired out for groups of people. It is owned by a man named Francisco Montes who has spent time living with a tribe and can offer a choice of curanderos including a user of San Pedro cactus. He is not a shaman but often takes part in the rituals himself wearing a long white robe, and charms people by anointing them with flower water. Sacha Mama has very nice simple accommodation in the jungle by a stream, with a circle among trees for rituals. But it is so near the city that some workshop leaders have made it appear more remote by leading their groups to it via a long walk in the jungle!

There is one 'shaman' who has his own facilities: Augustine Rivas. Various groups of people book him and his entire encampment. The groups are usually brought from North America by a leader who prepares people beforehand and acts as an intermediary with Augustine. His place is a few hours boat ride down from Iquitos and is quite extensive with nice buildings made of local materials, providing the experience of being right in the jungle yet safe. Although Augustine has the reputation of having an affair with a woman from nearly every group, he is highly regarded and appreciated by most of his participants.

Although tours need booking in advance, it is also practical to arrive in Iquitos without a booking and shop around, but this is where you have to be careful. The most obvious trap is to be ripped off by phoney shamans, but your loss would be far greater if you were abused by a powerful curandero.

There are also many curanderos who hold ayahuasca sessions every Friday night for local people, the true ethnic 'shamans'.

We attended one in the suburbs of Iquitos. The curandero's house had a sign advertising his services and prices alongside a picture of Jesus, his favourite football team and a bare breasted blonde pin up! The session, called La Purga (purge) was attended by people with a physical illness and although he sang icaros they were uninspiring: still, it would provide an experience more genuine than many tourists would find by asking a taxi driver, and for only $5 or $10.

Source: http://csp.org/nicholas/A52.html
Old 01-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #334
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

M E T A M O R P H O S I S

......A j o u r n e y o f T r a n s f o r m a t ion

A F i l m B y K e i t h A r o n o w i t z

http://metamorphosisfilm.com/FilmClips.html
Old 01-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #335
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Perception and Safety

Friday, February 13, 2009 at 4:01PM

Stuart Wilde

Watching “experts”, banks, economists, hedge fund managers and traders lose billions I became convinced years ago that perception is the only asset we have in keeping us safe.

I did a series of weekend seminars called See the Morph in Amsterdam and Las Vegas which taught people how to vision and how to see the Morph and I showed them how a human (anyone) can dematerialize.

It was very successful as many people became visionaries and they linked into what I call pure information. That is, information that comes from the Mirror Worlds directly to you, designed for you.

Some people cannot vision right away. They usually think too much and so they are not used to it but also the stress of modern life depletes DMT in your brain (the visionary chemical) so people are abandoned to their fate. Lost in logic and guessing like the banks and the hedge funds.

That is why I have promoted the Ayahuasca temples in Brazil and other places and why we run lots of Aya’ gigs in Ecuador. We chose Ecuador because it is a very safe place compared to other South American countries. Our gigs are at a very up-market private resort. They have been playing to rave reviews for some time now.

The DMT in Aya can restore your depletion very quickly and while I know some people are daunted by the thought of Aya’ the resistance is usually just in your mind, and of course the ghouls con you into not going as if you do go it spells the eventual end of them in your life, as an Aya’ experience usually takes you to bliss and a comprehensive repair of your body and soul.

Artwork by Jason Hise

If you have ever yearned to see the true “reality” of the inner fractal worlds and to see your destiny set in its glorious context beyond the debilitation of the mundane then Aya’ is a fast way to go. For even if you never wind up as a great visionary you still will have a very heightened perception that comes through in your subtle feelings. It takes you to a higher level and it allows you to go wide in your energy field. The wider you become the safer you are. Vertical is the ivory tower and doom.

If I were king of the world I would grant inner sight to everyone as a gift but sadly we find ourselves in a ghoul-ridden world where higher perception is frowned upon and DMT restoratives like Aya’ are usually illegal except in South America.

You have to take the cure somewhere, somehow; sell the piano and come with me to Ecuador on the trip of a lifetime, or find another way, but it is critical now that you make a move ASAP.

As I’ve said in my books, soon the world will be swamped by a collective global karma you have to avoid that to survive. That Global Alignment— its karma—looks vertical to me in the Aluna, you need to go sideways to get out of it. And buying guns and stocking food is not the way to go. Calm, peace, serenity and a higher perception is the chosen way, the way of the Warrior-Sage, the safe alternative. It is worth investing in that. Vital really, I reckon.

Sincerely,
Much love and hope

Stuart W.

http://www.stuartwildeblog.com/perce...nd-safety.html
[/FONT]
Old 01-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #336
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

'The Mystery of the Goddess Aya'
Stuart Wilde

http://www.stuartwilde.com/articles/...ddess_aya.html
Old 01-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #337
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Several notable celebrities have publicly discussed their use
of ayahuasca such as Sting (detailed in his 2003 memoir Broken Music)

Save the Rainforest campaigner and musician Sting talks on
the deforestation of Brazilian rainforests and the threat to
the rainforest's indigenous people, and the Brazilian plans for
hydroelectric power stations in the region.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #338
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Reading is not seeing.
You cannot read nature

Old 01-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #339
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #340
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!

Big step in Europe for entheogenic adventurers as well as cognitive liberties in general:
The Czech Republic as of Jan 2010 decriminalizes cultivation and personal possession of up to 5 plants of Cannabis, 5 plants of Coca, 5 mescaline containing cacti, and 40 magic mushrooms all for personal use. As well as half a litre of Ayahuasca and, wait for it... - 0.6 grams DMT!

This is wonderful news.

We are moving towards "plant=legal, drugs=illegal"

Hooray!

Some sense at last!

http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?smlid=6909
Old 01-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #341
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYES WIDE OPEN View Post
This is wonderful news.

We are moving towards "plant=legal, drugs=illegal"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most or all drugs derived from plants, so I'm not understanding here, how is one closer to legality than the other?

For the record, I fully support legalizing cannabis and other 'soft substances'. Personally, I think its alcohol that should be more controlled, there has never been a case of one death from cannabis, but alcohol has destroyed countless lives and proven beyond any doubt.

Its only the more powerful and dangerous stuff like heroin, coca, opium, etc I think they should Never legalize. And this is coming from a long time experiencer.

Hey, everybody has their poison, and mine is less than most.

Cheers
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #342
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

Yes indeed, many drugs do come from plants. Drugs are basically extracted active compounds from plants that are then refined and concerntrated down beyond their usual strength and thus something that was not addictive like the coca plant becomes adictive (cocain).

Your statement mixes plants with drugs. "heroin, coca, opium". Coca is a plant. Heroin is a drug. BIG difference. This is how we got in this mess in the first place. You must remember that Enthoegens have been used ritualisticly and with great respect since humans have been around for many thousands of years. Its only in the last 100 years that they have been demonised by western culture and concerntrated versions have been available that have then been abused. And thus the mind set of "all drugs are bad' was born. Its tragic because many of these plants enlighten lives rather than destroy them. If Enthoegens were legal the world over and used with respect, our world would be very different. Those that have control know this and dont want us all waking up.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #343
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYES WIDE OPEN View Post
Coca is a plant. Heroin is a drug. BIG difference.
Yes friend, I know the difference.

I was only inquiring as to the 'legality' you were mentioning earlier.

Ive never tried Ayahausca, but Peyote; several times.

Again, I don't think that drugs are bad, in fact you'll notice I made it rather clear my last post

Its big Pharma people need to worry about much more.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #344
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

The Ayahuasca Monologues
Daniel Pinchbeck

Daniel Pinchbeck, noted author of "Breaking Open the Head" and
"2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl" speaks from his experiences
with the shamanic Amazonian plant medicine, Ayahuasca, the "spirit vine."
This video was shot on January 25, 2007 at Eyebeam, in NYC.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...14641283983398

Last edited by GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT; 01-22-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #345
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Graham Hancock on natural drugs & consciousness

Old 01-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #346
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Amazon Rainforest
"I'm yours" by Jason Mraz

Old 01-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #347
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Alex Grey rare interview on DMT Dimethyltryptamine by Roger Essig

In 2002, world renowned integral/visionary artist, Alex Grey was interviewed on 'Contact Talk Radio'.
Psychedelic Artist, Roger Anthony Essig, asks Alex via email of the spiritual danger of encountering entities while
having a DMT, (Dimethyltryptamine) experience.

This is a rare interview and possibly the only version now in existence.

'Towards the end of the interview it features the closest representation I've done of the DMT experience so far.'
Roger Anthony Essig, 2009.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #348
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Silent Power and Ayahuasca

(The following was transcribed from Stuart Wilde's CD Silent Power)

"In recent years I have suggested to people that they try the Amazonian sacred brew Ayahuasca. The reason I have felt it so important is because Aya, as I call it, teaches you loads of lessons about Silent Power, it assails the ego and makes it go quite, and it teaches you to let go. It is sometimes called the Vine of Death, not because anyone dies from it, but because it takes you to an ego death. A place where the ego has to let go, and once it does so, the medicine in the sacred Aya brew shows you what reality is really like, you see the magnificence of the vast Universal reality that we live in. Strangely, everyone see the same thing. It all starts off in a multi-colored dome of fractured geometric patterns, it shows you that every leaf and every little thing is in fact a mathematical formula, expressed in an incredible complexity, and yet in that vast complex nature of reality, there is an utter simplicity, a gentle and wonderful connectedness in all things.

Aya is really a supplement, in suppressive countries like the US and Britain they call it a drug, but it's not, it's main component is DMT, which is natural in the body and Ayahuasca feeds DMT into the Pineal Gland. It's legal in Brazil and other places like Switzerland, and in some countries like Holland and Canada, it's not legal, but it's not illegal either. It's in a sort of grey area. You can get it and use it, as long as you don't publicize it.

Hundreds of people that I know have gone to Brazil to the temples of Aya, and they all say the same thing, that Aya changed their life and increased their perception enormously. I do know this, if you have not seen it, you haven't really lived and if you are a spiritual teacher or a healer you need it, because everything you teach will change once you've been to an Ayahuasca Temple, you will see what you know is a bit inadequate because it's just words, it's not the real thing, and your words may not even be accurate words often enough.

Aya rewires the brain, changing the synapses, activating receptors in the brain that have laid dormant for decades, the sacred Aya brew replaces lost DMT in the Pineal, you need that for perception, it is the key to extra sensory perception.

The pineal gland fires DMT, N-Dimethyltryptamine, at heavy doses twice in it's life, once at birth and once at death. The near death experience is thought to be a DMT release when the brain thinks the body is dead or dying. Modern humans are missing most of their DMT, that may be do to poor diets and the distress of modern life, but the missing DMT is why depression is so prevalent in our society. Aya heals depression double quick and in fact heals almost anything. It is deadly to parasites in the body and it is also beneficial to suffers of Perkins Disease. I heard of a man who had a deadly case of emphysema, he was cured with Ayahausca in 2 weeks.

I mention Aya because its where everyone goes once they have no other place to go, no more books or seminars or whatever, its where the teachers go once they have painted themselves into a corner and they have nothing more to say, except to repeat what they have already said. Aya takes you to another dimension, many other dimensions, and from there you see life in a more powerful way and you can come back and teach that to others." Stuart Wilde
Old 01-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #349
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Stuart Wilde & Ralph Miller on Ayahuasca
~ LIVE!! - Dec. 6th, 2003 -

The REAL LIFE "red pill" from the Matrix movie... Stuart Wilde and Ralph Miller join Nicole in the studio to talk about a tea found in the Brazilian rain forest that is said to be "inducing consciousness awakening".... - Stuart Wilde, Ralph Miller and the real life Matrix-like "RED PILL" Ayahuasca ... Is this truly "therapy in a cup" - a vine in the Brazilian Rain Forest that facilitates higher consciousness, spiritual awakening? And who exactly is ANTENNA MAN?? A riveting hour you won't want to miss...

Old 01-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #350
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

The amazing healing properties of ayahuasca vine

Scott Petersen of RefugioAltiPlano.org, Iquitos Peru, gives a detailed, coherent, crystal clear explanation of Ayahuasca ceremonies, chacruna and shamanism.

http://wildalchemist.blogspot.com/20...ayahuasca.html