Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default "50 Million Minds Diverted, Distracted, Devoured"

This is the banner for the website of guest Mark Bauerlein, interviewed by Ian Punnett on Coast to Coast, May 16, 2009.

Mark Bauerlein's book The Dumbest Generation has the "LOOK INSIDE!" feature at
Amazon.com
... A great way to check out a book...

Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:14 AM   #2
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "50 Million Minds Diverted, Distracted, Devoured"

Blessings Seashore,

Here are the vids for "The Dumbest Generation Show".

Coast to Coast AM - The Dumbest Generation part 1/12

Video Part 1/12:
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

He's talking about MY generation and we aren't the stupidest generation. We're the tail end of Gen-X (I read somewhere that 1981 is still considered Gen-X).

Also, I've still got most of the stuff that my parents taught me. It's how I live my life. Honor, hard work and respect are something that all kids should be familiar with.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 AM   #4
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa!

He's talking about MY generation and we aren't the stupidest generation. We're the tail end of Gen-X (I read somewhere that 1981 is still considered Gen-X).

Also, I've still got most of the stuff that my parents taught me. It's how I live my life. Honor, hard work and respect are something that all kids should be familiar with.
Should be. Sadly since the advent of violent television honor, respect and hardwork have been replaced by much more devious qualities.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Should be. Sadly since the advent of violent television honor, respect and hardwork have been replaced by much more devious qualities.
There's still hope for my niece, though she is very challenging for my parents to raise (long story).

What disgusts me with today's society (and I can forgive it) is that people now think that they can control their kids like they are animals. There are self-help informercials that show the typical family argument scene where the parent is just as vocal as the child and yet, the child is the one that needs to be controlled.

Kids don't need pills. Perhaps they need a different environment in which they can be creative and learn at their own pace? Nowadays, all people do is drug their kids up (and themselves as well).
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Kids don't need pills. Perhaps they need a different environment in which they can be creative and learn at their own pace? Nowadays, all people do is drug their kids up (and themselves as well).
Oh, for sure the schools are totally corrupted.
Read John Taylor Gatto 2005 - Education - 106 pages
Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum Of Compulsory Schooling - Google Books Result
This Special Collector's Hardcover Edition celebrates 100,000 copies of the book in print, and the book's on-going importance and popularity.
books.google.com/books?isbn=086571519X... -

and

the deliberate dumbing down of america
Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt, former Senior Policy Advisor in the US Department of ... Deliberate Dumbing Down of America - E Book download is NOW FREE TO ALL! ...
www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/ - 11k

and you can find articles and videos on the web

The schools and every system are purposely corrupted. Look up the Tavistock Institute.
Our food supply is totally corrupted and what the children need is some decent food for parents for a full year before the children are conceived and then decent food for the children starting with breast feeding.

http://www.relfe.com/miracle_wisconsin_school.html
Quote:
A miracle in a Wisconsin Schoolby Ron Rappoport Friday November 01, 2002 12:32 PM Healthy diet improves life in wisconsin school OCTOBER 14. In Appleton, Wisconsin, a revolution has occurred. Its taken place in the Central Alternative High School. The kids now behave. The hallways arent frantic. Even the teachers are happy.
The school used to be out of control. Kids packed weapons. Discipline problems swamped the principals office.
But not since 1997.
What happened? Did they line every inch of space with cops? Did they spray valium gas in the classrooms? Did they install metal detectors in the bathrooms? Did they build holding cells in the gym?
Afraid not. In 1997, a private group called Natural Ovens began installing a healthy lunch program. Huh?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
...the deliberate dumbing down of america
Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt, former Senior Policy Advisor in the US Department of ... Deliberate Dumbing Down of America - E Book download is NOW FREE TO ALL! ...
www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/...
I remember hearing her interviewed on the Jeff Rense program. She seems very knowledgeable, and indignant, about what is going on...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote