Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 12-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default The use of the word "sheeple"

I think that people on here should stop using the word "sheeple" to describe those who they feel are uninformed.

It's insulting to those folks and it contradicts the idea of getting out the message to those people. If we look down on them and equate them with animals, do you really think that they're going to wake up and join our side?

Also, by labeling the masses as "sheeple", you are showing arrogance and your own insecurity.

If we want to help the masses, we need to stop acting like we're "high and mighty" and treat people like we would treat anyone else.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I think that people on here should stop using the word "sheeple" to describe those who they feel are uninformed.

It's insulting to those folks and it contradicts the idea of getting out the message to those people. If we look down on them and equate them with animals, do you really think that they're going to wake up and join our side?

Also, by labeling the masses as "sheeple", you are showing arrogance and your own insecurity.

If we want to help the masses, we need to stop acting like we're "high and mighty" and treat people like we would treat anyone else.

I will absolutley second that my friend!
There was a time when a large percentage of people on this forum were part of the mis-guided masses and we ALL should remember that.

Peace
Iain
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

There was an interesting use of the word "sheeple" in a recent David Icke interview where he said at least sheep need a sheep dog to push them into line...humans don't even need help...they just do it without thinking!!
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piers2210 View Post
There was an interesting use of the word "sheeple" in a recent David Icke interview where he said at least sheep need a sheep dog to push them into line...humans don't even need help...they just do it without thinking!!
Just because David Icke says it, doesn't mean that it's o.k to say.

I understand the concept but words have a nasty way of angering people and turning them off.

I have disconnected from political causes that I once supported and I'm pretty much a free agent now. I seek out balance in the type of information I read. Mainstream media offers no balance.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

yeah, i don't even watch the tv now.
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
munkey
Avalon Senior Member

Location: just outside the box next to the box you where thinking outside of

I believe the term is used because some people refuse to wake up to anything and continue in the sheep like mentality and only react when someone next to them does.

you can except it as derogatory if you choose to or just see it as an easy way to describe the masses.

It really is a waste of time trying to be politically correct in a forum trying to shed the shackles of the oppressors and get out of the mindset of the masses.

we can be politically correct and just fall into line like good little sheep if you like, or we can be ourselves and try and get the sheeple to join our flock of black sheeple and learn about what is really going on.
munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #7
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

we are no more and no less than another, when we finally realize this we become one, our separation then ends ...

sheeple is separation but only if we haven't realized our oneness ...
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey View Post
I believe the term is used because some people refuse to wake up to anything and continue in the sheep like mentality and only react when someone next to them does.

you can except it as derogatory if you choose to or just see it as an easy way to describe the masses.

It really is a waste of time trying to be politically correct in a forum trying to shed the shackles of the oppressors and get out of the mindset of the masses.

we can be politically correct and just fall into line like good little sheep if you like, or we can be ourselves and try and get the sheeple to join our flock of black sheeple and learn about what is really going on.
It has nothing to do with being politically correct and everything to do with having a smug attitude towards the "unenlightened". We've all see throughout history, what happens when people have such an attitude. It wasn't pretty either.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Well, well, metaphor upon metaphor! So the black sheeple of this forum are not the target of your shooting monkey?

I'd say that you could be a serious misanthropist (people hater) with a subliminal agenda in your avatar ('let's get rid of them'). Remember, a picture may say more than 1000 words.

Your posts speak otherwise, so I think not. Maybe you should get yourself a new avatar?

Last edited by Josefine; 12-11-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
Seth Haniel
Avalon Senior Member

Location: Hartlepool England But Moving Shortly to Fauldhouse Scotland
Cool Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Wonder how many 'Sheeple' will follow this advice...

Seth Haniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #11
Rebel4Life
Avalon Senior Member

no such thing as good or bad only perception
Rebel4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #12
munkey
Avalon Senior Member

Location: just outside the box next to the box you where thinking outside of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Well, well, metaphor upon metaphor! So the black sheeple of this forum are not the target of your shooting monkey?

I'd say that you could be a serious misanthropist (people hater) with a subliminal agenda in your avatar (let's get rid of them). Remember, a picture may say more than 1000 words.

Your posts speak otherwise, so I think not. Maybe you should get yourself a new avatar?
I actually like people in general , in fact I believe every person deserves to be on this planet without the need for someone to lead them.

(my avatar is one I use in gaming, so rather than search for a new one, I just use a generic one so I don't have to worry about uploading a new picture, plus it makes it easy to find posts)

I acually find some of the black sheeple on this forum are in fact more lost than some regular sheeple.
BTW You may want to get an avatar
munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #13
QueenOfLeon
Avalon Senior Member

SHEEPLE is a GREAT word. I think it is necessary for the sheeple that dont listen and dont even try to. I have a friend who everytime I attempt to open her eyes, says "I dont want to know!" so I quipp with BAAA BAAA, and she is so closed she dont even get that.

Im actually frustrated with these people now.

I feel for those who are walking around feedind the consumerism and oblivious to all, but people who have access to this info, knows there are alternative views and sources and STILL choose to stick their heads in the sand....they deserve Sheeple.
QueenOfLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #14
efields
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: The use of the word "sheeple"

Quote:

Well I think you should call a spade a spade, so to speak. When I look at the 'Collective' and gaze on the Sleeping Masses, well, SHEEPLE, seems almost too kind. With fully 80-90% 'Sleeping', 'Sheeple' should be used way more in our embarrassing conditions. The mass refuses to be jolted out of their sleep. They would rather act as, sheeple, and pursue their new Mercedes. I think the arrogance and insecurity is being shown by the Sheeple themselves, as its an active resistance to Reality, based on fear and ignorance and plain old laziness. Our space bothers must wait till the mass of sheeple will awaken, there by allowing them to freely interact with us. Sheeple keep us in the Dark Ages and support the Status Quo. I will not Support that, ever. They NEED to be 'called out' in ever increasing volumes till they become aware and start becoming part of the solution instead of, cause of the problem. If it walks and quacks like a Duck its probably a Duck. Calling it a Swan helps nothing and no one. In fact thats the problem, of our World, Dishonesty. Sheeple is how we have arrived at the Crisis that is before us now. Now we wait to see if the next ruler Obama is a SHEEPLE, or an awakened steel rod of Truth. Only time will tell. We will know them 'by their actions'. I do pray he is not the great deceiver.

Last edited by efields; 12-11-2008 at 01:49 PM.
efields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #15
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Are not these terms only a reference to a state of conciousness.Even ancient text say be aware of wolves in sheep clothing which is only a state of mind.No matter how much we know,we are still ignorant to some degree.

Gold is purified by going through the fire. Is that fire bad?One day we will go beyond the focus of the light bearer and focus only on the light, then we will go beyond words.

There is no good and bad, only degrees of the light.The heart weighed on the scale only needs to balance with the feather.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #16
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

I agree the word "sheeple" is very insulting.

Sheeple are in the eye of the beholder--it is a derogatory word used to describe simply someone who doesn't believe what you do. Many conspiracists could be called "sheeple" too, in my opinion.

I prefer to be called heretic, if I don't agree with you.
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #17
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I BTW You may want to get an avatar
Actually it is not all that difficult!
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #18
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Is that not the idea, that there is no you to agree with and only the message that effects the collective, many thoughts on one tree.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #19
QueenOfLeon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmay View Post
I agree the word "sheeple" is very insulting.

Sheeple are in the eye of the beholder--it is a derogatory word used to describe simply someone who doesn't believe what you do. Many conspiracists could be called "sheeple" too, in my opinion.

I prefer to be called heretic, if I don't agree with you.
nice point. But its nothing to do with disagreeing, its to do with ignorance in the face of information.

Liek einstien said -" condemnation before investigation is the biggest form of ignorance"
QueenOfLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #20
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

personally I don't get it. when I have used the term. I'm even including myself. even though I consider myself informed. If I was black. I might even call my self a nigea. its ok to say that when your talking to another. I see it all the time. but if a white guy said it. it might not go over so well. depends on the circumstance. I dont care for that. but I see where it comes from. and it makes a statement.

I share a life with a queensland healer. a cattle dog. he gos nuts when he sees sheep. he is a herder. this is what he is breed for. he's got a job to do. he doesn't really know what that job is. but somewhere inside he knows he needs to heard up the sheep. I don't see the term as derogatory.

I hear gay people calling themselves queer, fag, all kinds of stuff. what I think is one must not get so offended by speech. look at the symbolism. what should we call the sleeping. the walking dead. how about zombies. it doesnt matter what you say. I say get over it.. its just BAAAA--d way to think of the term sheep. its what we are. I find the symbolism pretty accurate. and not offensive. if you don't like it. don't use it. and when you read it. just pretend its another word that suits you. personally I think we should stop pointing the finger at people and saying stop.. sometimes it takes a powerful symbol or word to wake people. makes them think...

tell me.. what term should we all use.. this one seems to fit quite well.. sheep are also pretty. warm and fuzzy, I love wool. I can think of worse things to say.

I find the term heretic strange. does that imply were all nuts. LOL.

get over it.

Im not so sure I want you proof reading my postings. or censoring it as well. I find this talk as being more divisive u-mung us. than the term sheep.

Last edited by dagon; 12-11-2008 at 03:44 PM.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #21
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

You are absolutely right. Some feel as if they were better because they know sth that others do not. a few months ago many of us were in the same position.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #22
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
a few months ago many of us were in the same position.
we still are. even the informed are in the dark. with bits of the information. that the individual finds worthy. still a sheep. just a different heard. flock, covey.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #23
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagon View Post
we still are. even the informed are in the dark. with bits of the information. that the individual finds worthy. still a sheep. just a different heard. flock, covey.
I agree.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #24
Captain Obvious
Avalon Senior Member

Guess 'there's no I in team' got something going for it. We need to. We should. We must. Conform to the group - join our side.

Hmm. Come to think of it, there's no I in sheeple neither, but there's an I in smiley.

Last edited by Captain Obvious; 12-11-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Captain Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #25
Sol Invictus
Banned

Quote:

hahahahahahahahahhaha Oh thats a good one.

They are called sheeple because like a flock they will trample and run from anything that threatens their group 'well being'.

Where to start? 'they' act like a flock, they bleat like a flock, they respond like a flock and need a shepherd every step of their lives or else they panic like a flock. (No disrespect meant to the sheep though - its the humans that are a disgrace).

You won't ever help the masses, you will never get a message across to the masses because of the very nature of 'the masses'. They want group protection, they want, they crave group acceptance, and will trample any one who even dares try to 'help guide them or show them the way out of the pen'.

Two words.

DAVID + ICKE.

Group mind howled him down for decades. His very name was known through the masses and yet a handful alone started to read his works. I read them from the very beggining even though I worked inside the establishment.

I know what you will lose if you step from the pen, I know what will be the groups punishment if you dare upset the status qou... I stepped from the flock though, against the protests of many of my fellow 'thinkers'.
I'll call them sheeple until the very day they start acting as sentinent, seperate, individuals with their own opinions and own minds distinct from 'what the group thinks', start thinking about more than whats on television, more than what football scores are next week, and think further afield than their localised vicinity and start paying attention to the world they live in.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote