Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
Kari Lynn
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 260
Default Birthday Wish

My son will be 11 on the 29th of January, and has expressed that he wants a remote control truck. Unfortunately, he picked this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cthuM...atch-main-area
Kari Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BC. Canada
Posts: 1,340
Default Re: Birthday Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Lynn View Post
My son will be 11 on the 29th of January, and has expressed that he wants a remote control truck. Unfortunately, he picked this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cthuM...atch-main-area
no problem....tell him Santa will bring it next year
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Ross H's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 507
Default Re: Birthday Wish

Bless him and why would'nt he? If it was me at age 11, I would be nagging 24/7...

and where would you store it? You may need 'its' own garage?

good luck with the explanation

Peace.
__________________
Ross H, formerly known as jross.
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Kari Lynn
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 260
Default Re: Birthday Wish

I'm just wondering if I manage to find instructions/blueprints for this, would they be in English?
That would be so cool for the Parade next year! lol.
I'm pretty sure if I managed to figure out how to build one. I'd loose my parking spot! lol.
Kari Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So. Cal. U.S.
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: Birthday Wish

I have many RC trucks! Tell him it's just too big and look at Traxxas and HPI
I own both Traxxas and HPI trucks and both are excellent!
They make all electric and nitro powered trucks and cars.
I own the nitro ones, which run on nitro methane fuel.
They are reliable and fun, come in 2-wheel drive and 4-wheel drive, and are fast too!
I have one that goes 70mph, and the rest average around 40 to 50 mph.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kent,England
Posts: 1,267
Default Re: Birthday Wish

Birthday wishes to your son Kari, now my grandson would love that big truck too ha ha!
He is 9 but he wouldn't be able to park that one up his dads drive lol!
Wow that's some truck though.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
Kari Lynn
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 260
Default Re: Birthday Wish

yes, he'll likely get a 4x4 rock crawler for his birthday. But if I find blueprints, or such. this may actually become a family project. lol. (I'm thinking it's big enough that my little 4 cyl diesel engine from my old Chevy Chevette, might actually fit up under that hood! lol. Hmm, transmission and shifting though?)

I'm leaning towards Nitro too. And learned the hard way about 5 years ago, that I can't buy my boys Walmart RC's. Because I have 3 boys. (4 if you count the hubby!) And, usually the one boy that has the strongest controller, runs all the RCs lol. Which happened to have been my hubby! ROFL 3 boys running to me, "MOM! Dad took our trucks!" Picture this, hubby is laughing and giggling while running all 4 RC's down the road, with his controller, and kids can't get control of their RCs! They're screaming and running after them, "MY TRUCK! MOM!" The bugger!
So that was my crash course in learning about radio control frequencies! lol
Last year Christmas, I bought my youngest a front end loader from the truck stop here. It was sooo cool! The thing was about a foot tall and 3 foot long! Huge thing. They litterally went outside playing with it over Christmas and plowed my driveway with it. (one little scoop at a time! ROFL)
Kari Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kent,England
Posts: 1,267
Default Re: Birthday Wish

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I have often wondered if these toys were really meant for the kids ha ha, but then the men are just big kids at heart!!
I have been through exactly what your going through Kari believe me it's quite sad when the big kiddie won't play nicely lol!
Could have done with that front end loader though a week ago we were snowed in here, i think the kids would have made s nice little earner digging out the neighbours lol!!/COLOR]




Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Lynn View Post
yes, he'll likely get a 4x4 rock crawler for his birthday. But if I find blueprints, or such. this may actually become a family project. lol. (I'm thinking it's big enough that my little 4 cyl diesel engine from my old Chevy Chevette, might actually fit up under that hood! lol. Hmm, transmission and shifting though?)

I'm leaning towards Nitro too. And learned the hard way about 5 years ago, that I can't buy my boys Walmart RC's. Because I have 3 boys. (4 if you count the hubby!) And, usually the one boy that has the strongest controller, runs all the RCs lol. Which happened to have been my hubby! ROFL 3 boys running to me, "MOM! Dad took our trucks!" Picture this, hubby is laughing and giggling while running all 4 RC's down the road, with his controller, and kids can't get control of their RCs! They're screaming and running after them, "MY TRUCK! MOM!" The bugger!
So that was my crash course in learning about radio control frequencies! lol
Last year Christmas, I bought my youngest a front end loader from the truck stop here. It was sooo cool! The thing was about a foot tall and 3 foot long! Huge thing. They litterally went outside playing with it over Christmas and plowed my driveway with it. (one little scoop at a time! ROFL)
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
Kari Lynn
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 260
Default Re: Birthday Wish

Oh definitely he's big kid at heart. lol. (I wonder about the mind too! lol)
He would love to get back into RC. He has race car from his youth. and airplanes. I bought him one (Eagle One) about 15 years ago. Still waiting to see it put together and flying though. ?
I think I'm going to buy my oldest son a plane. And see how fast hubby gets his together! ROFL. That's usually what it takes. lol.
I'm guessing I have about $800 into his plane though. The controller and servos alone was $500. I think he's afraid to finish it, cuz when he does, he'll crash it! ROFL.
Kari Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #10
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kent,England
Posts: 1,267
Default Re: Birthday Wish

My youngest son is into modifying cars and had one he worked on for years spent an absolute fortune on it. It is a one off i must admit and is well known on the circuit it done a few videos and made it in fast car magazine, but now he has grown up lol! found a lovely girl bought a home sadly the car has to go sigh!
His father thought about buying it off him i think the shame was too much for my youngest ha ha!!
It sits in a garage now all locked up safe and sound until he can get a buyer for it.
my other half is in mourning i think lol!


Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #11
Kari Lynn
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 260
Default Re: Birthday Wish

Pretty car! Love the color.

My dad used to get into antiques that way.
Myself, I was upset when my hubby's cousin stored a car here, then sold it, and wouldn't let me buy it. Dodge Charger, with a 400 big block, racing cam.
They said I wouldn't be able to handle it! Beautiful midnight blue with metal flake paint job on it. I was in love with that car! lol.


I do miss my toys. 5 speed, with speed! lol.
In my case, 5 speed, but no speed, just lots of diesel smoke and soot on their window if they didn't back off! lol. I'd put my little Chevy Chevette, in 3rd gear, rev it up, and pop the clutch, and it would backfire, and belch out a thick black cloud of soot, and blacken their windshield! lol. Then they'd turn their wipers on and smear it all over! ROFL. I'm still saving and hoping. lol. Hey if the boys can have their toys, then so can I!!!

Last edited by Kari Lynn; 12-29-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Kari Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #12
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kent,England
Posts: 1,267
Default Re: Birthday Wish

Hey if the boys can have their toys, then so can I!!![/QUOTE]



sounds good to me Kari! keep on saving girl





Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Lynn View Post
Pretty car! Love the color.

My dad used to get into antiques that way.
Myself, I was upset when my hubby's cousin stored a car here, then sold it, and wouldn't let me buy it. Dodge Charger, with a 400 big block, racing cam.
They said I wouldn't be able to handle it! Beautiful midnight blue with metal flake paint job on it. I was in love with that car! lol.


I do miss my toys. 5 speed, with speed! lol.
In my case, 5 speed, but no speed, just lots of diesel smoke and soot on their window if they didn't back off! lol. I'd put my little Chevy Chevette, in 3rd gear, rev it up, and pop the clutch, and it would backfire, and belch out a thick black cloud of soot, and blacken their windshield! lol. Then they'd turn their wipers on and smear it all over! ROFL. I'm still saving and hoping. lol. Hey if the boys can have their toys, then so can I!!!
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon