Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Happy Birthday to You! Special Message from New York.

Hi everybody,

I'm not really all that political, as most of you can imagine. I'm quite a moderate thinking that some ideas are interesting on the right hand side of the spectrum and equally some ideas from the left are also interesting.

However, I was really suprised that with the history of Capitalism which the US has, somebody in New York decided to celebrate 60 years of Communism in China.

The Empire State Building was awash with colour as it shone throughout the night in Chinas' communist flag colours, not always satisfying the people in the street below, some deciding to demonstrate about grievances they had with the Chinese government.

But the question needs to be asked. Why would a capitalist country want to celebrate communism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sAeDc0lxm8

Ideas?

Best regards,

Steve

Last edited by Steve_A; 10-01-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Happy Birthday to You! Special Message from New York.

A symbol of acknowledgment regarding the monies owed to China by the US?
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

It sure appears like the US is now under the foot of China. My heart goes out to all US citizens because they are going through hell.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

The world around us are saying that we are going through hell and Russia says we are splitting up and Brussels feels sorry for us because we are so "dumb"

I am saying that we are beautiful smart and winners !
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: Happy Birthday to You! Special Message from New York.

Maybe~ a misery loves company thing

Here's my 2 cents

From the German phrase> Schadenfreude
is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.
two examples to this thought of reasoning;

Example 1
"When person A is unhappy, they don't get satisfaction from other people being happy and cheerful, in fact that can be annoying. Instead, unhappy person A may take a certain dismal pleasure in someone else experiencing a misfortune, especially a similar one."

another

Example:2
"Bob is running a race, and is winning, although Joe is just a step behind him. But Bob falls down and loses the race, and is extremely unhappy - until he notices that Joe fell down, too, and then Bob cheers up, because misery loves company."

(from jasonnocks)

note;
The Buddhist concept of mudita, "sympathetic joy" or "happiness in another's good fortune," is cited as an example of the opposite of schadenfreude. Alternatively envy (or its German near-equivalent "Glückschmerz"), which is unhappiness in another's good fortune, could be considered the counterpart of schadenfreude. Completing the quartet is "unhappiness at another's misfortune", which may be termed empathy, pity or compassion.

The transposed variant "Freudenschade" seems to have been multiply invented to mean sorrow at another person's success.
(from Wikipedia)

But since New York is quite liberal, and is cash poor and all business and commerce is (way- way) down ~ Maybe this is another ploy to get the Chinese too reach (even more deeper) into its pockets? Sort of like~ a real estate deal~ like what was offered (done) too the Arabs back in the 1980's by those savy New Yorker' s
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi giovonni,

I'm not too sure where Schadenfreude fits into the discussion, however can understand the concept.

I just understood from an unrelated topic that Larry Silverstein is renting five floors of one of his commercial buildings to the "China Center" a complex that administers Chinese companies which will work out of New York,

""The announcement of the China Center is a step toward economic recovery for New York. The Vantone Group's commitment to helping New York become the western headquarters location for the increasing number of global businesses coming out of China is extremely important to our city’s future as a global capital of business and finance.”

ff.The “China Center” lease is being administered by Silverstein Properties, Inc. a “partner company” in the PNYC. It is owned by Larry A. Silverstein, the infamous real estate tycoon, and alleged heroin drug trafficker, who cashed in on his timely $3.2 billion lease of the World Trade Center property seven weeks before “9-11” (2001). The subsidiary of GE Capitol, Industrial Risk Insurers company, paid some of Mr. Silverstein alleged loss of $7 billion needed to reconstruct the new World Trade Center.

gg.The top 5 floors of this new construction, “Chinese Center” is administered by Vantone Group director Feng Lun (pronounced Fung LEW-in).

hh.Feng Lun, according to Mr. Silverstein’s press announcement, is “a pioneer of China's booming real estate market, so influential that some of the biggest names in American real estate, like Jerry Speyer, Mortimer Zuckerman and Sam Zell, have expressed an interest in forming a partnership with him.”"

The above text is from the "Affidavit" of Dr. Leonard G. Horowitz cited in another thread about swine flu in these forums.

Are the Chinese closer than everybody thinks?

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovonni View Post
Maybe~ a misery loves company thing

Here's my 2 cents

From the German phrase> Schadenfreude
is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.
two examples to this thought of reasoning;

Example 1
"When person A is unhappy, they don't get satisfaction from other people being happy and cheerful, in fact that can be annoying. Instead, unhappy person A may take a certain dismal pleasure in someone else experiencing a misfortune, especially a similar one."
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Wow Steve.....you did your homework. I am not sure I like the findings but of course no fault of yours.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote