Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 02-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #1
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Assassin's Creed II

I've been playing this game through in little bits for the past 2 or 3 months and I just finished it finally, and I must say that the ending was very interesting and a bit surprising, so I thought I'd post it.

The story in the first game and this one is Assassins vs. Templars in a race to find the all "pieces of eden" in order to assemble the "apple" which bestows Godly powers. The game is set in modern day although the bulk of the game has the main character, Desmond (an important Assassin who in the first game was being held and used by the Templars, and in the second rescued by Assassins) reliving his ancestors memories via a Templar invention called the animus. That was the story all the way until the end of game two which takes the story in a new direction (2012).

Here is the ending (watch in full screen to see the subtitles).

Just a video game made for entertainment I know, but I was wondering if anyone else might've played this game and had any intersting insights.

The game's really cool btw, you get to explore 15th century Italy in beautiful detail, and Leonardo Da Vinci and Lorenzo De Medici make appearances along with many high profile other real life 15th century personalities.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Assassin's Creed II

A message in a video game...a very convenient way...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
monique
Avalon Senior Member

sorry raulduke but games are ways to educate, to settle people in a row, like cattle, to wait a death in a sloughterhouse. monique.
monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Marcus Sparacio
Avalon Senior Member

Maybe Games are perceived that way, but games like The Shadow of the Colossus, Epic real time games with emotional stories, if you go old school and play the lure of the temptress it teaches you about masonic history through subtext.

Even games today have have wonderful stories that are an experience, Mass Effect 2, Final fantasy series, Dragon Age, placing the player in situations where they must exercise caution and even sacrifice, when you have to make a moral choice in Mass Effect about a member of your crew that you genuinely care about them then, the game has evolved in to an experience that should not be taken at face value.

Lets look at the educational value, after God of War 85% percent of teenage boys knew more about Greek mythology than their parents all because of one video game and whilst the content is not true mythology they know who Gia is and what a Minotaur looks like, and can rattle off Gods like as if they wrote the Iliad themselves.

And whilst games can be considered socially destructive, some kids stop themselves from joining gangs through games, some kids use games instead of vandalism, they have place in socitey, and it is not everybody's thing.

But the Assassin's Creed series is a good one, whilst I hated the original with a passion you could only dream about, the second installment redeemed the itself and opens possibilities in time travel and makes you think about it.

Marco
Marcus Sparacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

I haven’t played any of the Assassin Creed games, and that was a rather interesting ending. Video games can be an excellent source of information and learning…and also mind manipulation. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were games with subliminal demonic messages in them. Hey, if the military is heavily involved with the industry then that should be a clear indication of how addictive they are. War games saturate the industry with a purpose to desensitize and recruit the unsuspecting. But, there are two war base games I really enjoyed, one of them I and learned a great deal about nano-technology and super soldiers…that was in the “Metal Gear” series….the other, “Resistance-fall of man” was about WW2 being an alien invasion….something like that.

I also like the “Tomb Raider” and “Uncharted” games. Super hero games like Batman, Spiderman and Infamous are cool too. Recently, I was persuaded to play the “Bio-shock” games, it’s about a city built on the bottom of the sea where people can be free of oppression, unjust rules and scientific restraints. Scientist discovered ways to make tonics that alter the DNA…which provides the user with various super powers. But, the side effects cause complete insanity due to over use of these tonics/drugs. It’s fascinating to say the least…
Most games are just interactive movies with very interesting storylines. Come to think about it …I believe Prince of Persia is coming to theaters soon. There has been an influx of video games to motion pictures for the last few years.

Some games can truly be inspirational, like “Flower” and “The Sims/Sim City”; it’s only a matter of time before there is an actual Matrix with in the Matrix… I'm still figuring out this game called "life", not sure if I'm ready for the halodeck.

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

Truth hidden in fiction. It happens with every form of it, even video games.

Another popular sequel with the same kind of "interesting ideas" was just released. Mass Effect 2.. Mass Effect is set in the future and shows Humanity engaging in the Galactic Community. Some very interesting things pop up in that game as well. It goes into the way Humans feel about other "being" from different planets, and forms a (fictional) Governance structure for all different races. The way "alein" feel about Humans and "why?" as well.. Some very telling information.

In light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: Assassin's Creed II

I was addicted to Xbox 360's game Oblivion one time lol. I got so hooked to it

I didn't talk to my friends for like a month. Good game, but after that fiasco I

had to put down the remote.
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:01 AM   #8
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique View Post
sorry raulduke but games are ways to educate, to settle people in a row, like cattle, to wait a death in a sloughterhouse. monique.
Well, I suppose in some cases that may be true, but some video games are a form of art, made by normal people, in some cases they have a story to tell that really makes you think.

I suppose ultimatley in most if not all of media, the higher ups (tptb) have to sign off on stuff to get it into the main stream, but I was just making this point awhile back in an Avatar thread. The way I see it is, and I find this very interesting, tptb are figgin greedy as hell among many other character flaws, but greed is pretty high up there, and as long as the info isn't blantantly obvious they seem willing to undermine their own (long term) survival in exchange for $$$$. I think (and of course I could be way off) this may suggest that tptb are indeed in panic mode.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
monique
Avalon Senior Member

raulduke, you view make me think ! i need time to reflect ... i see i have to much prejudice amongst these games ! monique.
monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Raulduke. You are right, there is something in this piece of human creation that send a message.

This is the same old message sent everywhere in movies, music, books and now games. The target is the youth of our world, religiously targeted...

1. Earth and humanity must be saved... (Implying we are not able to do it ourselves, so we need an outside savior).

2. Higher advanced race has created us... (Implying we are not genuine from Earth and Creation, but from second hand creators). The truth is that we have been genetically altered, but never created by other than Creation itself. And after all, the materiality of the human race is less important than the soul who dwells in it, which is as highly advanced as any other race...

3. These so called creators are coming back today to save us from ourselves... (Another way to enforce a victim mentality upon humanity). The probability is that they themselves are at the source of our course of destruction. They are well behind the ones who brought us the industrial era, the over-consumption society built upon a world in poverty and depletion. So after planning in the shadow the global built up for mega problems, they come up to light with the solution... The reason I come up with this conclusion is simply because it has always been this way in our history...

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:08 AM   #11
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Amazing. I'm impressed.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #12
jacody
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulduke View Post
I've been playing this game through in little bits for the past 2 or 3 months and I just finished it finally, and I must say that the ending was very interesting and a bit surprising, so I thought I'd post it.

The story in the first game and this one is Assassins vs. Templars in a race to find the all "pieces of eden" in order to assemble the "apple" which bestows Godly powers. The game is set in modern day although the bulk of the game has the main character, Desmond (an important Assassin who in the first game was being held and used by the Templars, and in the second rescued by Assassins) reliving his ancestors memories via a Templar invention called the animus. That was the story all the way until the end of game two which takes the story in a new direction (2012).

Here is the ending (watch in full screen to see the subtitles).

Just a video game made for entertainment I know, but I was wondering if anyone else might've played this game and had any intersting insights.

The game's really cool btw, you get to explore 15th century Italy in beautiful detail, and Leonardo Da Vinci and Lorenzo De Medici make appearances along with many high profile other real life 15th century personalities.
The ending was suprising, makes me wonder about what happens in the 3rd game which is set to be released in 2012.
jacody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #13
KellyNUTS
Avalon Senior Member

raulduke after reading ur description of AC2, I must say I have to play that game now!! So ill skip the YT ending u posted and hopefully earn to watch it myself soon enough!

Anyone here played any of the Metal Gear Solid games on Sony's platform?

If u havent played any, have a look at the trailer for part 4 on the PS3, its 8mins long but well worth it!

Definate truth hidden in fiction there!!

What ya'll think?

Last edited by KellyNUTS; 02-22-2010 at 01:32 PM.
KellyNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote