Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 12-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Former Dutch astronaut explains how ‘time’ is created by human beings (video)

Wubbo Ockels is a former Dutch astronaut ...

I did not find this video on the forum yet ... he gives a presentation of approx. 22 minutes in English.

To me it was an amazing new perspective ... explained in a simple way.

Enjoy the presentation ....

Last edited by Operator; 12-08-2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Improving the title
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Wubbo Ockels explains how ‘time’ is created by human beings

Thanks, Operator. I missed this - you mentioned it on the Inuit sun thread and it's timely for me. No pun intended. I've been also trying to dig up a broadcast I heard about time, and poof, here it was in search results, so I added a link for it.

I will have a watch of the video.

Julian Barbour, The End of Time: The Next Revolution in Physics
... Dan Falk spoke with a trio of researchers who have each developed rather unorthodox views about time and space...Rather, it’s a place where time itself – depending on who you ask – may simply vanish. David Deutsch, Julian Barbour, and Roger Penrose have each spent the last few decades thinking very deeply about the nature of time, and have come to some very counter-intuitive conclusions.
http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/features/liv...ime/index.html
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Wubbo Ockels explains how ‘time’ is created by human beings

That was mind blowing, I think I'll have to watch it a couple of times to let it sink in. So, it is just a ride after all, its just that we have to create time so that we don't enjoy it too much, thats what I got from it the first time anyway.
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Wubbo Ockels explains how ‘time’ is created by human beings

Quote:
Originally Posted by feardia View Post
That was mind blowing, I think I'll have to watch it a couple of times to let it sink in.
Yeah, I watched it a couple of times too ... just to make sure I caught all the important words. And I also showed it to other people in
order to let them think about alternatives what "End of times(s)" could mean.

What struck me in this presentation is that he leaves the path that you should imagine things or should have a 'feeling' about it.
He keeps it physical, real experience and even shows by simple formulas where the idea is coming from.

As he mentions at the end it can open lots of doors to new ideas.

A new definition of ascension ... getting the sensation of being lifted by 1G or gravity changing/vanishing so that people really are able to float/levitate
Old 12-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Time is the key to all of this stuff, that is the fourth dimension, we are the middle density, as above so below, as it is so big, so it is so small, roll on the singularity.
Just my thoughts, but I think 4D is time, which is why we move into 5D, it will all work out beautifully in the end, that'll be how you know it is the end
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #6
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feardia View Post
Time is the key to all of this stuff, that is the fourth dimension ....
Just my thoughts, but I think 4D is time, which is why we move into 5D ....
Great, that's my feeling too ...

I try to explain the 4th dimension like this:

If you are at a certain point and an object is passing there, about to hit you ...
there are 4(!) options: either you physically move in one of the three dimensions or
you take care that you are not there at the moment of passing at all.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:00 AM   #7
chitty
Avalon Senior Member

Very Interesting, thanks for this. I'd like to research some more. If only I had the time
chitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:48 AM   #8
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

TEDxAmsterdam - Wubbo Ockels - 11/20/09TEDxAmsterdam - Wubbo Ockels - 11/20/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaV-GeAPSlE

Prof. dr. Wubbo J. Ockels is a Dutch physicist, and also the Netherlands original astronaut. He is a Professor of Aerospace Sustainable Engineering and Technology at the University of Delft, and tries to stimulate a mentality change among Dutch citizens.

In his mind-bending TEDxAmsterdam talk, Ockels explains how time is created by human beings, as a way our brains can make sense of gravity. The speed of light is constant, because it is made by us: its the clock by which we have calibrated our existence. Based on this premise, Ockels proposes a new way to explore life in our galaxy.

its not space that's unique--its earth
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #9
taomation
Avalon Senior Member

Not to be negative, but this is a typical TED presentation. There have been a few that are really awsome like the brain surgeon who describes the anurism in her left hemisphere. This guy does make some good points, but Eastern Philosophy has known that time was an illusion for (dare I say) thousands of years, and of course our entire reality is an illusion.

So my basic problem here is that TED could bring to the forefront so many amazing things that are going on, like many of which are discussed on this forum and on Camelot and instead they choose to promote people with baby steps philosophies, (albeit will start to wake up people that are just starting to learn about these kinds of things.)

Just my take. Peace and love...
taomation is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
astronaut, dutch, ockels, time, wubbo