Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #101
pablo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Time to liberate our computers in a massive way

Yes, the dark kabalah wants to close Internet. I read last week that Zapatero from Spain, send to the parliament, that Internet is a cave of thiefs and bad "example"....

last weeks, US goverment closed the access to sites like sourceforge.net and other open source sites, to "dangerous countries" like Cuba Iran and others. This is not Open Source spirit.

the pieces are moving to "close internet".

But I have an strange feeling about the implicances of that. Seems to be that Google had a reason near in 2005 to begin to boy "obsolete backbones undersea cables".

Probably something is moving behind....i dont know just a feeling...

This week i will finish the web site presenting Vega. I think that all of us must help to spread the voice of the use of Vega as an alternative to lightworkers to closed systems for internet surfing and research.

Seems to be that all the things comes at the same time, probably, this is was the "strange impulse" to remaster vega...probably i begin to understand the inner reasons....

P.
pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #102
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo View Post
Yes, the dark kabalah wants to close Internet. I read last week that Zapatero from Spain, send to the parliament, that Internet is a cave of thiefs and bad "example"....

last weeks, US goverment closed the access to sites like sourceforge.net and other open source sites, to "dangerous countries" like Cuba Iran and others. This is not Open Source spirit.

the pieces are moving to "close internet".

But I have an strange feeling about the implicances of that. Seems to be that Google had a reason near in 2005 to begin to boy "obsolete backbones undersea cables".

Probably something is moving behind....i dont know just a feeling...

This week i will finish the web site presenting Vega. I think that all of us must help to spread the voice of the use of Vega as an alternative to lightworkers to closed systems for internet surfing and research.

Seems to be that all the things comes at the same time, probably, this is was the "strange impulse" to remaster vega...probably i begin to understand the inner reasons....

P.
You are right Pablo, we were getting these bad info, starting from middle of last year and there is an intensification lately. What we can do against it? I cannot imagine ourselves calling to modem one each other and spread files and info. There is the other initiative, that is t create a bigger VPN over the existing internet frame, but this could last as long as the existent infrastructure lasts, even though is susceptible to intercepting and decoding by TPTB.

There was also an initiative called FIDONET. Really, after we have secured our information and data and somehow we get a ghost like browsing on the existing net, we need a secure network in case the current one is breaking.

Very complex problem to be solved for normal citizens.
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #103
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

I manage to download, unrar and check the md5, that is 372514e6cccdd251b211c1e49f7571db.

I was able to mount it an read files, etc.

I will burn on a dvd an will try to install on an asus eeepc, via an usb dvd. Just i need to empty a sata 2.5" HDD for test.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #104
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
user vega
passwod freedom2010
the root password is the same ( root mean super administrator )
I've been tried with the up-mentioned usr/passwd and no success. I get "Authentication Failure"

I mean:

root
freedom2010

and

vega
freedom2010

small and capital letters and combination of it. Nothing worked. I downloaded the iso from here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5119811/Vega1.0-Alex.part01.rar
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5119811/Vega1.0-Alex.part02.rar
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5119811/Vega1.0-Alex.part03.rar

I'm wondering if you changed the password in the meantime.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #105
pablo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvision View Post
I've been tried with the up-mentioned usr/passwd and no success. I get "Authentication Failure"

I mean:

root
freedom2010

and

vega
freedom2010

small and capital letters and combination of it. Nothing worked. I downloaded the iso from here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5119811/Vega1.0-Alex.part01.rar
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5119811/Vega1.0-Alex.part02.rar
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5119811/Vega1.0-Alex.part03.rar

I'm wondering if you changed the password in the meantime.
The passwords are correct for root and for vega, but root has blocked the graphic interface access due to secure reasons, and respecting the standards in distro...

what you can do, is run the dvd in live mode, non intstall mode and wait until appears the "livesuser" sessions and run the icon "install vega" or go to system, administration, install , some times in some several graphic cards, the hardware config, dont let you modify some properties on the boot time, so this happens.

anyway this is a "bug" that i found in some machines when i made the final test, and will be repaired in the 1.2 version to be released next month.

anyway the next 1.2 version will have many changes, in usability and overall, the speed...

regards
P.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #106
pablo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You are right Pablo, we were getting these bad info, starting from middle of last year and there is an intensification lately. What we can do against it? I cannot imagine ourselves calling to modem one each other and spread files and info. There is the other initiative, that is t create a bigger VPN over the existing internet frame, but this could last as long as the existent infrastructure lasts, even though is susceptible to intercepting and decoding by TPTB.

There was also an initiative called FIDONET. Really, after we have secured our information and data and somehow we get a ghost like browsing on the existing net, we need a secure network in case the current one is breaking.

Very complex problem to be solved for normal citizens.
Not complex, depends on the focus, i DO believe that anything is possible...
P.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:16 AM   #107
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The passwords are correct for root and for vega, but root has blocked the graphic interface access due to secure reasons, and respecting the standards in distro...

what you can do, is run the dvd in live mode, non intstall mode and wait until appears the "livesuser" sessions and run the icon "install vega" or go to system, administration, install , some times in some several graphic cards, the hardware config, dont let you modify some properties on the boot time, so this happens.

anyway this is a "bug" that i found in some machines when i made the final test, and will be repaired in the 1.2 version to be released next month.

anyway the next 1.2 version will have many changes, in usability and overall, the speed...

regards
P.
Unfortunately in graphic mode is showing some garbage on screen, I cannot see anything and in in live mode the usr/passwd are not functional. Maybe is better to wait for version 2.0.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #108
pablo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Unfortunately in graphic mode is showing some garbage on screen, I cannot see anything and in in live mode the usr/passwd are not functional. Maybe is better to wait for version 2.0.
depends of the hardware u have, the 1.2 version will have standard framebuffer mode, so depends on the machine u are using...
if u are using unichrome video drivers push tab button on but, press the key "e" and add to the line of bootin " vesa " ( without the comas )

regards
P.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #109
pablo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Vega Linux feedback

Hi all
I would like to know for someone who tried vega, if the installation was sucessful if not or if you have some problems in the installation process...

waiting to for feedback, im working on the 1.2 release to fix some bugs...

regards
P.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #110
pablo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Vega 1.2 netbook edition

Hi all
In sum of the bugs fixation processes for Vega 1.0, i would like to announce, that with the next release of Vega 1.2 we will have 2 editions...

1- Vega Linux 1.2 Standard Desktop
For desktop pcs, and laptops.
Based on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

2- Vega Linux 1.2 Netbook Edition
For netops and netbooks ( asus eee, lenovo s10 models and this kind of hardware )
Based on OpenSuSE 11.2

Regards
P.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #111
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
to be honest, I get very angry about the post of the meaning of "vega", this kind of buddy make me very angry, thats why i cant get in good relationships most of the times with the "sainteee people", because this people are agree to use an operating system full of dark energy,like windows, that intent destroy reality of opens ource, or Mac OS, who has slaves in Asia, to build the powerbooks, and has complains with a name of a free operating system. Dont recognize the effort or the work thats has been done...
Very good point... don't let a few waste the creative energy the many enjoys! You are doing an amazing work!

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #112
pablo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Very good point... don't let a few waste the creative energy the many enjoys! You are doing an amazing work!

Namaste, Steven
thanks Steven for the good words...
Working now on netbook edition. Working hard, between my work, my life and my all other things as i can do that

P.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #113
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

I am waiting till Thursday when my bandwidth is restored then I plan to grab a copy.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote