Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #26
Triaxis
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Worst case scenario in the U.S. and elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
China owns a lot of the USA's wealth by now. They own a lot of dollars, companies, and real estate, and hold a lot of US debt.
Much has been made of China's high profile purchases of US assets recently. What is not discussed so much is the extent of US investment in China - particularly in manufacturing.

It's hard to trace the extent of the bi-lateral foreign investment between the US and China, but it can be safely said that this has been a pretty much one way street in favor of the U.S.

Quote:
When they want to redeem any of their investment in the above, and if they are refused, then the credibility of the US will suffer. And that would matter big time. The US has moved so much of it's manufacturing off shore that it would take too long to generate a local economy again.
This is where the deflation of the US currency comes in (and what I believe they are going to do)

Deflating the value of the dollar:
(1) Wipes out debt
(2) Makes cheap Chineese imports less cheap, thus less attractive
(3) Makes US products cheaper, thus more attractive

I believe the US will do this, and then you will have a situation where US manufacturing companies will begin to desert China and return to the US. A few well placed tarrifs will seal the deal.

Then you have a situation where China suddenly loses it's manufacturing base, and the US regains it.

China is very vulnerable. Right now, they are building things they don't even need, just to keep enough of their people occupied and placated. That's why they are propping up the US by buying bonds. If the US stops utilizing their labor to make things, and stops buying those things, China is up the creek.

Quote:
If China joined forces they could do whatever they like.
It doesn't matter who they joined forces with. Calculate the amount of forces required to attack the US. Then calculate the amount of shipping that would be required to move those forces. Then try to imagine, in your absolute wildest imagination, how they would safely move that massive flotilla from one side of the pacific to the other, without even a semblance of control of the sea lanes, the air, or space.

It is just SO impossible, i'm sorry. I have heard a lot of "out there" theories over the years, and frankly this one (China invading America) takes the cake easily.

I wouldn't underestimate the US. It took Russia less that two decades to recover from their collapse. The US is not going to collapse, thus their recovery is going to be much quicker IMO

I will also say that i don't believe China wants war. They don't want to dominate the world, but do want to regain their traditional sphere of influence in south east Asia via relatively peacful economic methods

Last edited by Triaxis; 06-10-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Triaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #27
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Well, I can see your rationale, but I believe you are operating from the premise that the US government still has the best interests of the American people as their focus.

I don't make that assumption.

Also, deflating their way out of their debts, would be a defacto criminal act, and who will enter into long range business arrangements with them then?

The other couple of considerations that don't jibe, are how do you get around the fact that most manufacturing has been shipped offshore, and how long will it take to tool back up to a manufacturing based economy, which has been systematically changed out since perhaps the 50's, and what do you do to keep your people from revolting in the intervening period of time?

The people ruining the US are doing it on purpose, because your vision of your country was once true, and it was the one and only stumbling block to the PTB's long range plans. US could have stopped them cold, and they knew it. So through the purchase of one politician, corporate head, scientist, educator, medical researcher, banker, media mogul, etc, after another, little by little, they have check mated the US social, civil, legal, financial, economic, educational, corporate, agricultural, military structures, to where these facets of your country are no longer able to act independently for the good of "we the people".

The PTB plans can not go forward with an intact USA. So I think that is why we see all the various moves taking place right now to desperately destroy what's left of the US. They have to create a situation where a one world government and monetary/banking system is preferable to suffering through what would have to be done, on a personal sacrifice basis, in order to restore the US to it's former self sustainable greatness.

I actually believe that the way forward from this point in time and from this current reality, is to just abandon the PTB structures and NOT try to go back to former paradigms. I'd opt instead to create a new system which is not centralized the way the current system is. That system was evolved by the PTB because it's the only way to firm up control into a very few hands. Small communities, looking after all of their needs, supplemented by regional trade, but avoiding the impulse to return to the silly system of centralizing everything. Personal responsibility. Each individual responsible for their own survival, and helping one another out from the desire to do so, rather than because it's been planned in some board room.

At least this is how everything I'm seeing looks to me.

Last edited by Myplanet2; 06-10-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #28
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Well, I can see your rationale, but I believe you are operating from the premise that the US government still has the best interests of the American people as their focus...
I can relate to this statement.

I think we all need to stop thinking in terms of nationalities... the US vs.China, etc., and start thinking in terms of the controllers vs. the controlled--worldwide.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #29
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Wow, I'm impressed with all the responses. I have avoided this thread just because I didn't want to get into "worst case" thinking. I've been involved in this topic since the early 1990's. I used to do talk radio locally and had many whistle blower types on my program. It got so bad that I was followed and apparently my phone was tapped at one point. I got off the grid in late 1990's and have pretty much stayed that way.

While I think having a small community working together is optimal, having meeting places for those in the know is a big mistake. Just raise a huge flag and say, "We're over here, come n get us"! No, I would not want to meet up with hundreds of awakened people in the middle of a Federal UN controlled round up chipping / extermination / relocation/ re-education program. I will never willingly go on a bus/train anywhere with a herd of sheeple!

I have limited resources at this point, but have been laying up supplies for a while as I can. I buy extra rice, beans, spam (ick) canned meat, veggies etc as I go, and seal it up in containers for use later if needed. The only thing I need to buy is a really good water purification system and alternative energy stuff if need be. For those looking, I recommend learning how to use a solar oven, and how to collect water safely like they teach in the military survival schools. Those books are available at any army/navy store or gun shows.

Speaking of guns, never buy one from a dealer, never fill out an info card. Buy only via private individuals, and keep your powder dry! I will fight if my family is personally attacked. I will not go marching and demonstrating. The agent provocateurs will turn it into a mess, and the crack down will begin, and if you are on one of those lists, look out.

Get plenty of heirloom seeds, store them well and learn how to harvest the seeds to keep things going. After everything calms down, I do think community living will be key. Know your neighbors. Break tasks down in groups, and don't let anyone become "head honcho". If you don't have money / items to trade then knowledge and elbow grease will be just as important. Be able to offer something and you will be ok. I learned blacksmithing a long time ago. Knowing how to weave, sew, can, store, and grow stuff will be great assets. Knowing how to plane a board without power tools, how to fell trees without getting killed, and build basic shelters will be important. Knowing natural cures will be important. The ptw plan on wiping out 6 billion or more of us, so learn how to stay healthy, have lots of vitamins and mineral stored up, iodine, and how to not be a victim.

I think that last part is key. For me, not knowing and being ignorant is the scariest thing. If I know a tsunami is coming I can make plans, if I see storm clouds but haven't a clue what to do then there is the fear. I want to thank each of you for your comments. Staying positive is so important. I feel more calm talking with you all, you actually seem like lucid non-deranged wacko's compared to the people or sheeple I should say who trust the government. Oh, and I do plan to get the hell out of N. Florida which will become a bottleneck for the millions fleeing south Florida if worst cast scenario massive flooding takes over the state. I won't be here where most of those people will come desperately trying to survive and willing to do the unthinkable to survive.

Many blessings and much love to you all.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #30
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
...It got so bad that I was followed and apparently my phone was tapped at one point...

Quote:
...I got off the grid in late 1990's and have pretty much stayed that way...
I used to think "off the grid" meant the electrical grid...

Quote:
...While I think having a small community working together is optimal, having meeting places for those in the know is a big mistake...
Sounds like the voice of experience...

Quote:
... Just raise a huge flag and say, "We're over here, come n get us"! No, I would not want to meet up with hundreds of awakened people in the middle of a Federal UN controlled round up chipping / extermination / relocation/ re-education program. I will never willingly go on a bus/train anywhere with a herd of sheeple!...
Good point...

Quote:
...The only thing I need to buy is a really good water purification system...
I bought Berkey purifiers for myself and for my two grown sons (cause they're not doing this for themselves)...

Thank you for a fantastic post.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #31
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

I would also like to add there is alot of level headed calm and thought provoking individuals on this site , I have learned so much from the comments made here, opinions, and life experiences that everyone has shared. From health matters to understanding the reasons as to the question , Why?

I do know that if there ever is a time of crisis and the internet is still available this site will be the pathfinder to knowledge far beyond the media as it always has as well as the team avalon family members who de-bunk what needs to be de-bunked.

It's funny when I see something on the news, I always look forward to checking out this site to see what all of your opinions are .

One thing I know for sure because of this site and all of you, if things ever did get out of control , I will remember all that I have learned about staying positive even in the worst situations, focusing on the light, not getting sucked into the vortex if you will and do what I can for others. Thats what it's all about!
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #32
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Well, I can see your rationale, but I believe you are operating from the premise that the US government still has the best interests of the American people as their focus.

I don't make that assumption.
Nor me, we are just numbers to TPTB, they don't care about us at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post

I think we all need to stop thinking in terms of nationalities... the US vs.China, etc., and start thinking in terms of the controllers vs. the controlled--worldwide.
Yea it's them and us
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #33
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
...After everything calms down, I do think community living will be key. Know your neighbors...
I have a suggestion for people who live in a neighborhood where you have an association and a board of directors. Start (if you don't already) going to your board of directors meetings.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #34
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrangello View Post
I would also like to add there is alot of level headed calm and thought provoking individuals on this site , I have learned so much from the comments made here, opinions, and life experiences that everyone has shared. From health matters to understanding the reasons as to the question , Why?

I do know that if there ever is a time of crisis and the internet is still available this site will be the pathfinder to knowledge far beyond the media as it always has as well as the team avalon family members who de-bunk what needs to be de-bunked.

It's funny when I see something on the news, I always look forward to checking out this site to see what all of your opinions are .

One thing I know for sure because of this site and all of you, if things ever did get out of control , I will remember all that I have learned about staying positive even in the worst situations, focusing on the light, not getting sucked into the vortex if you will and do what I can for others. Thats what it's all about!
Well said! And I agree 100%
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #35
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
I have a suggestion for people who live in a neighborhood where you have an association and a board of directors. Start (if you don't already) going to your board of directors meetings.
Yes, I am going to the next strata meeting & plan on discussing the possibility of digging up a portion of our green lawns to convert to veggie garden plots. I can just see them roll their eyes now.....they are a conservative bunch who complain about a few dandeloins, & like they green lawns. I've also been thing about asking them to consider installing solar panels on our roofs..........me thinks they will be reaching for their martinis or some stiff drinks to cope with my brilliant ideas............ah its fun to stir the pot & watch their faces.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:54 PM   #36
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Yes, I am going to the next strata meeting...
Keep us posted!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #37
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

.After everything calms down, I do think community living will be key. Know your neighbors...

I think so too. There was a time when it was not good to stick up and be noticed, but those times are passing by pretty fast. The PTB are losing control and they know it. It's just a lot easier ti survive through the changes in a community of like minded people.
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #38
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernSantuary View Post
.After everything calms down, I do think community living will be key. Know your neighbors...

I think so too. There was a time when it was not good to stick up and be noticed, but those times are passing by pretty fast. The PTB are losing control and they know it. It's just a lot easier ti survive through the changes in a community of like minded people.
It's also a lot harder to shoot someone you know.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:01 AM   #39
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Well, here we are six months later and things are still chugging along.

That's a good sign, right?
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #40
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

What can I contribute???

A very purposeful question...

To continually see the entire planet shimmering in a golden light!!!
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #41
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Worst case scenario in the U.S. and elsewhere

[QUOTE=Lorien;121991]Thanks for the replies so far everyone.

I understand the need to prepare, and I am doing as much as possible. I do meditate and try to maintain a positive outlook on life as much as is possible these days.

However, I'm sure there are others in situations such as mine. I don't have a lot of money to stock up on food supplies, or anything to barter with. I don't have land that I can garden on or any natural water sources near by. I have bills and debt(due to medical issues) that require me to work my ass off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

I can totally relate to your situation and have very little to stock up or barter either. After watching the last couple PC conferences I decided to do what I could and start assembling emergency supplies piece by piece, I was able to pull together enough to get by for a couple days...but needed a much sturdier backpack, the kind that costs $50. Living in LA I don't have a good coat.

The next day I walked into the Goodwill store and found a killer backpack for $7.99 and a Lands End goose down jacket for $9.99! A couple days later my neighbor gave me two big box's of Nutri-System food, so I pulled the food I thought I might be able to stomach if I was in a pinch and every time I go to the store I pick up a couple things to add to the supplies. Now I have a couple weeks work of food and a fairly well supplied emergency kit.

It's funny how once you make your mind up to do something, the Universe jumps in and backs up your efforts with considerable assistance - if you just pay attention and your grateful for the help. You're obviously doing the work by meditating, so keep throwing your good energy out there and visualizing with good intent and you'll get all the support you need from the intelligent universe, it's always there backing us up with loving support if it's for our Higher good.

Don't let the lack of money fool you, we're moving in a time when our creative ability are intensifying and if we believe in our on power to create, or manifest then it's becoming much easier to create what we need much quicker than before. Don't feed into the lack mentality...

I know, it's hard when your so broke you can't pay attention...but just remember we are always where we're meant to be and that our needs will always fulfilled.

~A~>
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #42
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Worst case scenario: things remain as they are.

The old must be swept away so that the new can be built. Don't cling to things as they are and be prepared to help build the new. Be true to yourself and live in your heart, not in your mind, and you will find a way through.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to care about which way the material world turns and all of this who is going to do what to whom stuff. Throw me in prison? Fine, more time to meditate. Kill me? Fine, I hope I get a decent rest before coming back. Torture? That sucks a bit, hopefully I'll be able to leave my body. All of this nonsense is very tiring. Love, compassion, kindness, why is it so hard for people to figure these things out?
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #43
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post
Worst case scenario: things remain as they are.

The old must be swept away so that the new can be built. Don't cling to things as they are and be prepared to help build the new. Be true to yourself and live in your heart, not in your mind, and you will find a way through.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to care about which way the material world turns and all of this who is going to do what to whom stuff. Throw me in prison? Fine, more time to meditate. Kill me? Fine, I hope I get a decent rest before coming back. Torture? That sucks a bit, hopefully I'll be able to leave my body. All of this nonsense is very tiring. Love, compassion, kindness, why is it so hard for people to figure these things out?
Yeah I hear you and no, I'm not materialistic and don't cling to much of anything anymore....but, I do live in LA and when I heard how many earthquake swarms there have been lately, I decided it might be best to get somethings together just in case. Better safe than sorry...maybe if I were in Kansas I could afford to have a more relaxed outlook.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #44
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

Ok all.... here is my super concentrated info to survive most crises..........

1. Save what you can for food and medical supplies within yr means........

a) dried beans,rice,alfalfa seeds to sprout,dried fruits and dried soup cubes,some kind of water filter system-preferably with a silverator and reverse osmosis........even if it is only a sports bottle size! You only need to filter drinking and water for washing wounds that is pure.....you can use a t-shirt and a tripod of sticks to filter streams and lakes etc for laundering....

b) eucalyptus & tea tree essential oils,colloidal silver-these will kill most fungus,molds,bacterias,viruses

c) FARMER'S ALMANAC-it has soooooooooo much useful info for survival on the earth!

d) an map atlas , in case you need to get somewhere

e) ropes,strings,threads,fishing lines,scissors,nail clippers,files,pocket knives,screw drivers,plyers,fishing hooks,tweezers,hammer

f) sheets preferably white for MANY purposes!

g) folding tents for you & yr family

these are the bare minimums to survive even if one has to move into nature.......

Most importantly, WE create our realities...........learn how to use yr minds to focus on Light!

Pls read the free e-books on www.michaelsharp.org

you don't have to register to read the free e-books and learn what Humanity is really doing............

Face yr fears and release!
Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:40 AM   #45
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Hubby and I were having a rather heated discussion about this tonight.

Here in Ontario, the worst case scenario would be that many if not most people would be forced to flee Toronto and many would be invading farms and stealing food because gangs would be formed and unleashed and there are a segment of population who are on drugs and the welfare mentality prevails here.

I see all beings as basically good but many are overwhelmed by many forms of provocation.

I would not want to be a farmer without a strong backbone and lots of savvy and a well concealed underground home already stocked with a few years supplies. It could get that bad and the boy scout motto is "always be prepared".

Now then there is further up north the Canadian shield (rocky granite country) which is useful only for hunting and fishing and maybe some goats or sheep and some built up garden boxes, but no large farms up here, just plenty of woods and swamps. Two lane highways at best. Plenty of lakes. Plenty of hungry black bears and coyotes and some wolf packs too. And, my god, the mosquitoes alone will keep the cowards away.

Plus it is about 2.5 hours from Toronto and most people here have firearms and know how to use them.

Not as interesting a target for desperate hungry people, plus the people up here would quickly form a tight knit community and keep out stray gangs.

Anybody below the Canadian shield who looks rich or too middle class will be the first to suffer and lose their homes, etc.

This scenario is taken right out of the history books -- history does often repeat itself.

Here in Toronto we live in a lower middle class neighborhood in a concrete clad home and a fairly tight knit townhouse complex so we will be okay at least until the water and electric are cut off, but there is no way to grow adequate food here and if anyone did have some chickens or a goat it would disappear one night into someone else's dinner pot. There are too many people in this complex of different ethnicities that things will only hold together for so long before trouble starts.

If and when this scenario forces us to take residence up north in the godforsaken woods (so most people think) we will use that as an opportunity to continue as a group our further spiritual clearing processes and education.

Our motley group is fond of the Maittreya being (the disembodied universe-sized being) and what he represents so we can withstand a simple physical life while earnestlly achieving our westernized equivalent of the Boddhisattva levels. In fact it will be easier for us.

Most of us have already achieved the equivalent of "Nibanna" or "Clear" and from that viewpoint as a sequestered group we can affect major changes within the hearts of men.

blessings,
Gnosis

Last edited by Gnosis5; 11-02-2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: clarify
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:25 AM   #46
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, Gnosis5!

It is very important for all to keep their minds on positive thoughts,safety and success...........we attract what we focus on!!!!!!!!!

For those not of mind that they control their reality........just remember that even in terrible times of holocaust/wars........there was always someone that escaped the odds and survived! Just because one has fear doesn't mean that the worst case scenario will happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all have our life's mission as well as our consciousness! No one suffers or leaves the planet unless it was destined as their path!

We must only do our best within logic and/or intuition!

I also suggest for those who have a botanical garden near them, it is worthwhile to check it out,join some of the societies that have to do with food,fruit,vegetables,herbs! It is very encouraging to see so many that love nurturing and growing!!!!!!!!!!!

In Light!
Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:29 AM   #47
dolphin
Avalon Senior Member

AscendingStarseed;, that's awesome! yes, i believe the universe provides when you make up your mind.

"ABUNDANCE: the ability to do something when you need to do it. does not have to include money as the definition"...quote from Bashar.
dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #48
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarkis View Post
Yes, Gnosis5!

It is very important for all to keep their minds on positive thoughts,safety and success...........we attract what we focus on!!!!!!!!!

For those not of mind that they control their reality........just remember that even in terrible times of holocaust/wars........there was always someone that escaped the odds and survived! Just because one has fear doesn't mean that the worst case scenario will happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all have our life's mission as well as our consciousness! No one suffers or leaves the planet unless it was destined as their path!

I also suggest for those who have a botanical garden near them, it is worthwhile to check it out,join some of the societies that have to do with food,fruit,vegetables,herbs! It is very encouraging to see so many that love nurturing and growing!!!!!!!!!!!

In Light!
Hello Samarkis. What you just said made me think of two stories linked to the Asian Tsunami of 2004. I made a old thread about it last year. I will copy it here so you can read it. Both stories are amazing, it clearly shows that Earth is a living being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Hi my brothers and sisters. Here are two small connected anecdotes.

They reflect what form protection may take during a catastrophe. First of all, know that we are alive beings surrounded and composed of alive beings. Sweet planet Earth is itself a very living being.

This information was public, by television. After the Asian Tsunami of late December 2004, two reporters went to a small city totally destroyed on an Indonesian shore. They were worried about a small island inhabited by native people. By boat, they headed to the island with a guide.

Before reaching the shore of this tiny island, they saw a man carrying a child on his shoulder. They were happy to see some were still alive. Once on the beach, they asked the man about their people and village. The man answered that they heard the spirit of the sea talking to the spirit of the air. They told the spirits that they were too little to be caught in their way. They respected their way and asked to be at peace. Nothing was done to this island. Not even a drop of salted water felt on it. The island was sitting right in the middle of the path of an enormous wave that destroyed the lands and cities.

Moreover, the two reporters talked about a pregnant woman who gave birth in a tree, 25 feet above the ground. Her and her baby were in perfect health, nothing was done to them.

There is not such a thing called coincidence. There is synchronicity. There is connection. But no coincidence. This, in the near future, will be the story of many. Even in the middle of the chaos.

On the other hand, I don't want you to contemplate chaos, know it, but don't contemplate it. Stick your thoughts to this tiny island and it's native living in harmony with all that is.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #49
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Samarkis,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and make a very thoughtful and upbeat reply. I agree with you 100% and I probably have a different way of expressing your exact sentiment as you expressed it in your own words. Thank you for spreading the "good news".

The Buddha walked the world as he knew it helping whoever who would be helped to share with him the joys of being stably cleared of negative reactions to one's environment, both within and without. I am continuing on in his work and perhaps taking it to a new level for all of us, with the encouragement of the buddha of all buddhas, Maittreya (and I'm not referring to the human man on the internet who is being called Maitreya -- I don't know him yet). I am referring to a universe-sized disembodied being, but I won't elaborate on that in this post.

blessings
Gnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarkis View Post
Yes, Gnosis5!

In Light!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #50
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

INteresting. I don't quite know what to do with that information yet, but I'm definitely filing it in my "bullpen".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triaxis View Post
Much has been made of China's high profile purchases of US assets recently. What is not discussed so much is the extent of US investment in China - particularly in manufacturing.

It's hard to trace the extent of the bi-lateral foreign investment between the US and China, but it can be safely said that this has been a pretty much one way street in favor of the U.S.

This is where the deflation of the US currency comes in (and what I believe they are going to do)

Deflating the value of the dollar:
(1) Wipes out debt
(2) Makes cheap Chineese imports less cheap, thus less attractive
(3) Makes US products cheaper, thus more attractive

I believe the US will do this, and then you will have a situation where US manufacturing companies will begin to desert China and return to the US. A few well placed tarrifs will seal the deal.

Then you have a situation where China suddenly loses it's manufacturing base, and the US regains it.

China is very vulnerable. Right now, they are building things they don't even need, just to keep enough of their people occupied and placated. That's why they are propping up the US by buying bonds. If the US stops utilizing their labor to make things, and stops buying those things, China is up the creek.

It doesn't matter who they joined forces with. Calculate the amount of forces required to attack the US. Then calculate the amount of shipping that would be required to move those forces. Then try to imagine, in your absolute wildest imagination, how they would safely move that massive flotilla from one side of the pacific to the other, without even a semblance of control of the sea lanes, the air, or space.

It is just SO impossible, i'm sorry. I have heard a lot of "out there" theories over the years, and frankly this one (China invading America) takes the cake easily.

I wouldn't underestimate the US. It took Russia less that two decades to recover from their collapse. The US is not going to collapse, thus their recovery is going to be much quicker IMO

I will also say that i don't believe China wants war. They don't want to dominate the world, but do want to regain their traditional sphere of influence in south east Asia via relatively peacful economic methods